Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth could be under 'galactic quarantine'

UM-Bot

Just now, the13bats said:

Again stop trolling no one is butthurt or emotional except perhaps you shown by your replies, i moved on when you said...

"Probably" still has possibilities however slim, im good with that.

Yeah, and you also said you thought that was a typo. And I readily admit I could be completely wrong. I’m “probably” not though 

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

"Probably" still has possibilities however slim, im good with that.

I received a lethal dose of Japanese pragmatism as a kid so "possibilities", "hopes" and "faith in" were all killed.  "facts say- facts say not" "science is everything" survived.

Having a giant alien land and stomp out Tokyo was a neat thing to watch. But nobody ever thought it would happen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

I often wonder if self-destruction is the ultimate (and only?) outcome of civilization. I'm glad we're still here and able to communicate like this. but still...It's very possible that we seem to be alone in the universe because others have either destroyed themselves or haven't evolved to our level yet.

On a lighter note...lol...I think we can survive this stage of evolution. Will we ever reach past our solar system in any meaningful way? Impossible to say.

Exactly... Who knows what other civilizations priorities really are.. Maybe only 1 language nd joint effort to work together

• Thanks 1

After reading. Some  of these  comments I can fully understand why GALACTIC do not converse with Humans. Ridicule Belittlement Hostility and Arguementive behavior is the outcome from a simple topic in this thread. This alone speaks loudly to those of Higher Intelligence thus creating ..SPACE. Attacking and Dehumanizing anyone is Considered aggressiveness. Try being kind and respectful of opinions instead of quick judgement and a GALACTIC MIGHT consider you trustful enough  for their exposing and disclosing to you that they ARE here working and living beside you Already.

Edited by AndYOURreplyIS
Misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

With advanced telescope technology, astronomers would have found at least some evidence for the extraterrestrial civilizations IF any existed.

On the contrary, every exoplanet that has thus far been discovered has shown to be completely counterproductive for the existence of life in any form, much less advanced sentient lifeforms.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, AndYOURreplyIS said:

After reading. Some  of these  comments I can fully understand why GALACTIC do not converse with Humans. Ridicule Belittlement Hostility and Arguementive behavior is the outcome from a simple topic in this thread. This alone speaks loudly to those of Higher Intelligence thus creating ..SPACE. Attacking and Dehumanizing anyone is Considered aggressiveness. Try being kind and respectful of opinions instead of quick judgement and a GALACTIC MIGHT consider you trustful enough  for their exposing and disclosing to you that they ARE here working and living beside you Already.

I used science. Nothing else.

If you believe ET is here maybe you should study some astronomy and Earth science. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, AndYOURreplyIS said:

How many have revealed themselves to you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Piney said:

No we can detect their atmospheres to a certain extent

True but only after we have located the planet itself.

and a big fat moon is needed to maintain a liquid core 

Not the only process involved, and certainly not the main one, that being the Coriolis effect.  Certainly the moon is an important part of the processes that govern Earths particular system but I would suggest other configurations would be viable.

generating a magnetic field to hold our atmosphere on and to stabilized our rotation so we don't suffer planet wide high speed winds and extreme seasonal shifts. 

Gravity is what prevents our atmosphere from escaping, and even then we are still leaking gas.

As for the wobble, winds, seasons etc, certainly these are integral to life as we know it, as it has evolved in such an environment, but only to ‘life as we know it’!

• Thanks 1

The only real aliens are illegal aliens, and if extraterrestrial aliens do exist and if they can travel across galaxies to visit Earth, I bet they have no idea how to tie our shoe laces

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In folklore there are various examples of human contact with alien intelligences or advanced alien technology.

The idea of a quarantained Earth and humanity has been explored by many science fiction authors.

E.g. Colin Kapp - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kapp - wrote "The Dark Mind" in which humanity is quarantained upon Earth.

Others posit that humanity has been contacted by ancient aliens. Goodreads has 65 books on the subject: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/13954.Ancient_Aliens
Number 50 of that Goodreads list is The Cygnus Key: The Denisovan Legacy, Göbekli Tepe, and the Birth of Egypt by Andrew Collins (Goodreads Author)

Another book that suspects the Denisovans to be the first human species on Earth to have developed a space age technology is this translation from the Latin of the sixth book of the Aeneid: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/418454

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Gravity is what prevents our atmosphere from escaping, and even then we are still leaking gas.

Solar winds is what strips atmosphere.The magnetic field protects it while also protecting us from solar radiation. That's what happened to Mars. It's also why it's radioactive on the surface. The solar winds are stripping small amounts of gas but plants are also producing it. 

2 hours ago, Grey Area said:

the Coriolis effect.

15 hours ago, Piney said:

Would keep all life really low to the ground. Or even underground. Like I said. The odds of sentient life is pretty decent. The odds of technology are almost nil. 

There's a Youtube channel. Anton Petrov. We've been tossing it around. He's a little long winded but spot on in his astronomy. 

56 minutes ago, Ell said:

Number 50 of that Goodreads list is The Cygnus Key: The Denisovan Legacy, Göbekli Tepe, and the Birth of Egypt by Andrew Collins (Goodreads Author)

Andrew needs to study some archaeology and genetics.. He theories are easily debunked. My ancestors were Denisovans, yet he makes no mention of Eastern Asian civilizations. The Egyptians just stacked rocks. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Piney said:

:lol: What utter horse manure! 

Galactic Quarantine...sounds very Trekky.

While the Romulan's were involved in unscrupulous,  unfettered and unregulated trade with the Ferengi, some of the outer posts were found to harbor a very dangerous and extremely contagious Galactic Virus.  As a result the entire Galaxy, especially the planet Earth and it's Solar System are under strict quarantine.  

Little did Star Fleet  know...it was the Borg who planted the virus...a newer, more high tech and virtually full proof way to, assimilate entire planets...once infected with the virus, one would automatically become Assimilated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

While the Romulan's were involved in unscrupulous,  unfettered and unregulated trade with the Ferengi, some of the outer posts were found to harbor a very dangerous and extremely contagious Galactic Virus.  As a result the entire Galaxy, especially the planet Earth and it's Solar System are under strict quarantine.  

I thought the Earth was overrun with tribbles...:huh:

• Haha 1

It always amazes me when I see how many people assume that an alien species that is more technologically advanced than us is some how "enlightened (whatever that means)" and benevolent and above such "degrading human things" like warfare... For all we know they are EXACTLY like us in these regards... Should we ever encounter another species, assuming they are "kind, benevolent and enlightened" would be potentially just as disastrous for us as assuming they are "evil, mean, wicked, bad and nasty" and just dropped by for some human BBQ...

• Like 4

On 3/26/2019 at 11:09 PM, Piney said:

I thought the Earth was overrun with tribbles...:huh:

After reading most of these posts, l would say that is true.^_^

On 3/27/2019 at 1:37 AM, Taun said:

It always amazes me when I see how many people assume that an alien species that is more technologically advanced than us is some how "enlightened (whatever that means)" and benevolent and above such "degrading human things" like warfare... For all we know they are EXACTLY like us in these regards... Should we ever encounter another species, assuming they are "kind, benevolent and enlightened" would be potentially just as disastrous for us as assuming they are "evil, mean, wicked, bad and nasty" and just dropped by for some human BBQ...

Probably because a civilization that can get here, has sticks so big destroying a planet is peanuts to them, and sure maybe they did have a war or two, before finally getting the point that they would destroy themselves if they didn't wise up.

Some may laugh at the world destroying idea, but if we blew up, (as in Nuclear) all of our missles at the same time, (didn't launch anything) which is somewhere between 5 -10 thousand, the nuclear winter would occur, although we could probably survive that, but it would also destroy the ozone layer so much and let in more solar radiation, that the Earth would be a right off, or all plant and animal life, excluding some of the sea life would be gone.

I suspect that a civilization not that much more ahead of us, would already have pinpointed all industrial and pre, industrial planets.

Then avoid the ones, that if they landed near a Wendy's, (just take my word for it) and went in for a snack that they wouldn't have a percentage of diners go clinically insane.

Some can be convinced easily, (evidence) and others, well a live floor show is always good during a meal.

B)

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 4:44 AM, Ell said:

In folklore there are various examples of human contact with alien intelligences or advanced alien technology.

The idea of a quarantained Earth and humanity has been explored by many science fiction authors.

E.g. Colin Kapp - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kapp - wrote "The Dark Mind" in which humanity is quarantained upon Earth.

Others posit that humanity has been contacted by ancient aliens. Goodreads has 65 books on the subject: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/13954.Ancient_Aliens

Another book that suspects the Denisovans to be the first human species on Earth to have developed a space age technology is this translation from the Latin of the sixth book of the Aeneid: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/418454

Hi Ell

Let's see we have a finger bone fragment and a portion of a skull and from that, we now have a mythical history the channelers must be working overtime.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

I would personally describe our situation a bit more synonymously as a 'galactic embargo'. But also this assumes that there is an overestimation of danger with contacting homo sapiens on earth. On the other hand, we could also be somewhere between a galactic embargo and an uncontacted civilization. If we are to believe that some have been contacted we have to put a bit of strain on the scale of which this can be compared to any analogy on our planet, and this would be described best as limited contact. 

My common sense forced me to consider that limited contact could be somewhere between limited government interaction and limited private citizen interactions. If this is the case, this respects the overall sovereignty governments have and thus allowing them to operate without the fear and weight of intergalactic politics. 
Thus I'd assume that in order for our civilization to properly be able to participate in such a scale, we'd have to have a better sense of brain capacity at complete scale to be able to be represented as one planet, solar system or even more. 

I work in IT Networking an I understand the disruption new concepts propose to an industry simply with the awareness that someone else is leveraging these concepts, which means there would be a lot of conflicting views that would challenge the fabric of society to exist thus taking away the right of human civilization to operate independently, since just the knowledge of an alien federation would remove that inherent right. 

I think beyond a doubt every individual who deeply considers the matter knows the likely hood that we are on the verge of trying to understand the next level of ethical integration humans want to introduce into society thus making us able to better perceive an intergalactic federation thus ending such an embargo. Its not all about conspiracy and hiding the truth, but much more about the fragile state of human society is based on the context of why we exist in our current state of affairs. 

Put another way, human society has to want to integrate into a galactic civilization much more than a galactic civilization would want to integrate with us for it work, and currently that is not the priority of human of civilization. 
We tend to have a process of believing based on what is necessary to believe, not necessarily if it is actually fact or not. 

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ell

Let's see we have a finger bone fragment and a portion of a skull and from that, we now have a mythical history the channelers must be working overtime.

jmccr8

We do have a tiny bit more than that, though.

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

We do have a tiny bit more than that, though.

Hi Ell

Please do bore me with credible documentation I don't sleep nights for hiding world domination secrets'

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:19 AM, third_eye said:

The only real aliens are illegal aliens, and if extraterrestrial aliens do exist and if they can travel across galaxies to visit Earth, I bet they have no idea how to tie our shoe laces

~

Would not do them any good..Hell they get close to Earth they crash so how would we ever know? Humans will make up anything to conform to their biased beliefs its ingrained in our DNA we cannot help it.

• Like 2

On 25/03/2019 at 5:22 PM, Seti42 said:

If humans were intelligent, we'd leave other cultures alone. Look at how much harm and hate have come from colonialism?
My guess is that if sentient aliens exist and know of us, they are taking the high road and leaving us be.

Completely agree. 

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Would not do them any good..Hell they get close to Earth they crash so how would we ever know? Humans will make up anything to conform to their biased beliefs its ingrained in our DNA we cannot help it.

I think you've just solved the riddle of the 'Velcro'

~

Edited by third_eye
typonese
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2019 at 11:54 AM, fred_mc said:

If aliens are like us, there would be a lot of outlaws who don't care about laws and rules so even if we were under quarantine, there would be a lot of criminal aliens visiting us. No, I don't believe in the quarantine theory.

Cattle mutilators and probers of the nether regions come to mind. Are these crimes of passion? Is Harvey W. a lizard man? The possibilities ...

• Haha 2