Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth could be under 'galactic quarantine'

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Cattle mutilators and probers of the nether regions come to mind. Are these crimes of passion? Is Harvey W. a lizard man? The possibilities ...

No..But it's been said the Queen is a reptilian....:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Would not do them any good..Hell they get close to Earth they crash so how would we ever know? Humans will make up anything to conform to their biased beliefs its ingrained in our DNA we cannot help it.

Ingrained in Western Thought. 

Even in the Star Trek Universe humans are portrayed as "top dogs" a purely Western Abrahamic concept. In Asian thought we are just part of the universe. Not some "God's" number one creation. 

• Like 5

A minor point, perhaps, but I can recall a number of species from Star Trek which were more powerful, capable, resourceful, and/or smarter, and wiser than the humans depicted. The United Federation of Planets was supposed to be an organization of made up of equals wasn't it?

On 3/25/2019 at 8:45 AM, Grey Area said:

Given what we know of planet formation and what we are now just discovering about the sheer propensity of planets in our own galaxy alone, odds are that life exists on hundreds of thousands of worlds.

Personally I think the sad truth is that life is too fleeting, too fragile to survive for the length of time required to become interstellar, that the early universe and newly formed systems are too chaotic to be conducive to life for prolonged periods.  And by the time the dust has settled and the chances of extinction level events occurring within a particular system are reduced to an acceptable level, the planet is no longer capable of sustaining a cycle of life.

In reality, the key must be to leave some sort of artefact behind that successive species might be able to use to elevate themselves technologically at an accelerated rate so that all our combined knowledge is not lost to the ages. 

Though what if we carry on something through death? I believe in reincarnation in a cylic universe. Where through each life our brain remembers the positive and negative outcomes of the choices an individual makes. Making a probability factor to where each individual eventually always makes the right decision allowing each society to have multiple tries at reaching utopia. So even if an apoclyptic event happens and nothing isleft,  the the jnformation, the coding , everything that still makes us up is still there and eventually will come back around and produce each one of us again .....even if it takes  the universe a billion times each of us will be called up to bat again.

7 hours ago, bison said:

A minor point, perhaps, but I can recall a number of species from Star Trek which were more powerful, capable, resourceful, and/or smarter, and wiser than the humans depicted. The United Federation of Planets was supposed to be an organization of made up of equals wasn't it?

It wasn't until the 90s that the Vulcans were portrayed as having a higher technology. In the OS it was the humans conducting all the negotiations between sentient species and making first contacts. 

• Like 1

I was thinking of much more advanced species, such as the Douwd, and the Q, from Next  Generation, and The Organians,  and The Metrons, from the original series. As far as the civilizations within the Federation are concerned, they were apparently all accepted as equals. The shows focused mainly on the actions of humans, and mainly the crew of the Enterprise. This is not too surprising given the intended audience. It would be reasonable to suppose that other, non-human members of the Federation were also making first contacts, and leading negotiations between species  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bison said:

the Q

Use to crack me up. :lol:

Just now, bison said:

I was thinking of much more advanced species, such as the Douwd, and the Q, from Next  Generation, and The Organians,  and The Metrons, from the original series. As far as the civilizations within the Federation are concerned, they were apparently all accepted as equals. The shows focused mainly on the actions of humans, and mainly the crew of the Enterprise. This is not too surprising given the intended audience. It would be reasonable to suppose that other, non-human members of the Federation were also making first contacts, and leading negotiations between species  

Only trouble with the Q is they ran amok and tortured other species for kicks, so not very good role models.

But species that had positive cycle rules, (rules that didn't end in destruction) and licked space travel to any point in space or time in an instant would certainly get together.

^_^

Edited by tmcom

In the one member of the Q Continuum with which the humans had dealings, we have indications that he was a renegade to his own species. One will recall that he was banished from the Q Continuum for a time, and stripped of his powers, because of his misdeeds. He reminded me of Trelane in the original series. An irresponsible exception in an otherwise apparently positive, nearly omnipotent species. His excuse, at least, was that he was a juvenile member of that species.  

Edited by bison
  • Like 2

Just now, bison said:

In the one member of the Q Continuum with which the humans had dealings, we have indications that he was a renegade to his own species. One will recall that he was banished from the Q Continuum for a time, and stripped of his powers, because of his misdeeds. He reminded me of Trelane in the original series. An irresponsible exception in an otherwise apparently positive, nearly omnipotent species. His excuse, at least, was that he was a juvenile member of that species.  

True, and also true others where more accommodating than Q was, but an omnipotent species that has suppressed all creativity, and is effectively bored, and runs amok for laughs well.

Trelane, from the 60's version, who did the weird look and made anyone do his will, (if l remember correctly) then pleaded with Kirk that his parents didn't drag him away.

If a species has that much power, then they become their worst enemy, or destroy the universe so much that they don't have much left to amuse themselves, so restraint and wisdom has to be developed or enforced.

But quarantine, sure we create nuclear weapons, others sides eventually do, we use fissionable material to boost its power up, and some of the others do, one side creates a big one the other goes one bigger. One side uses them in a limited way, the other uses more, and the opposing sides allies gets involved, and the lot is used, then the planet goes into nuclear winter the ozone layer is partially destroyed, (based on recent findings) and the whole planet is sent back to the stone ages,....again.

The big stick way of thinking, (in the long term) does not work, and if we were allowed to run amok beyond our solar system, would probably create one war after another, for more bigger weapons.

So if there is a quarantine, and if we develop warp drive and send a battle ship to the nearest solar systems, then a STOP sign at the ort belt wouldn't surprize me, (well an Amada with a text message saying turn around, the galaxy is off limits, at least til you grow up).

^_^

Edited by tmcom

I'm skeptical  that nuclear weapons, once invented, must be used in a civilization-destroying manner. Must their limited use inevitably lead to general use? History seems to say 'no'. Limited use of atomic weapons brought an end to World War II. That was well over 70 years ago.  Neither fission, nor fusion bombs have been used in war since. As the world grows more and more integrated every year, the use of these weapons seems less and less likely. 

Our current isolation in the galaxy seems more and more like an intentional thing, the more we learn about the abundance of potentially habitable planets, and the extraordinary hardiness and adaptability of life. If contact with Earth is embargoed throughout the galaxy, it could be a rather nuanced or 'leaky' embargo. I strongly suspect that we are very slowly and subtly being prepared for responsible galactic citizenship in a proactive manner, rather than being allowed to someday turn up on our stellar neighbors' doorsteps in an untutored and ill-prepared state.    

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bison said:

We don't like to brag...

• Haha 3

Just now, bison said:

I'm skeptical  that nuclear weapons, once invented, must be used in a civilization-destroying manner. Must their limited use inevitably lead to general use? History seems to say 'no'. Limited use of atomic weapons brought an end to World War II. That was well over 70 years ago.  Neither fission, nor fusion bombs have been used in war since. As the world grows more and more integrated every year, the use of these weapons seems less and less likely. 

Our current isolation in the galaxy seems more and more like an intentional thing, the more we learn about the abundance of potentially habitable planets, and the extraordinary hardiness and adaptability of life. If contact with Earth is embargoed throughout the galaxy, it could be a rather nuanced or 'leaky' embargo. I strongly suspect that we are very slowly and subtly being prepared for responsible galactic citizenship in a proactive manner, rather than being allowed to someday turn up on our stellar neighbors' doorsteps in an untutored and ill-prepared state.    

We are being prepared all right, but in a trickle evidence, have to have a brain to start with kind of way.

That way sufficient numbers of the ones that can see evidence for what it is, instead of emotionally sandbagging it, will be able to confort the ones that have been in complete denial about the subject.

Going out and trashing a tv store isn't going to make the supposed evil alien being interviewed by NASA go away!

^_^

• Like 1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ell said:

Hi Ell

Thanks and yes I am familiar with this site but with respect to any Denisovan alien interactions or any culture history for them was what I was asking to be explained and evidence from this site shows that they were there along with evidence of other groups of hominids none of which had sophisticated tech but were creative intelligent beings which are not being disputed.

jmccr8

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ell

Thanks and yes I am familiar with this site but with respect to any Denisovan alien interactions or any culture history for them was what I was asking to be explained and evidence from this site shows that they were there along with evidence of other groups of hominids none of which had sophisticated tech but were creative intelligent beings which are not being disputed.

jmccr8

It has been a long time since I read about both finds, but I seem to recall that t was asserted that both the needle and the bracelet were evidence of technology that was tens of thousands of years ahead of what was expected. Of course a lot depends on how the dating methods were calibrated. But assuming that the dating was correct ...

On 3/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, bison said:

It seems that we are isolated but in fact we limit ourselves because we behave badly from the point of view of cosmic laws, therefore they don’t want to cooperate with us openly.
Scientists themselves are also not in a hurry to recognize UFOs, so from the side of science there is also a situation of ignoring and from the government’s side hiding the facts of the UFO fall from the public and not announcing the alien craft device. The aliens actually cooperate with our people and lead our evolution towards the divine but do it quiet so as not to attract attention.

Aliens are afraid of ours because we are militant, therefore they don’t want to cooperate with us because close communication will lead to the transfer of supertechnology to us and we will become dangerous for space, therefore it seems that we are isolated from sentient beings, so they will wait until we change and now only contact with the sublime people.

(The evolution of humanity is not to become technologically advanced but to develop the mind and body to the perfect state of God when a person can instantly embrace any knowledge of nature and move anywhere in fractions of a second and having any amount of energy to do the necessary work in space.The perfect creative cosmic divine Being.)

• Like 1

I have some doubts any such species knows we exist. Though as Hawking once pointed out, it might be far better that way if they are even remotely like us. Using the meeting of different cultures on earth as a precedent, it usually spells disaster for one of them. We might not fare so well.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ell said:

It has been a long time since I read about both finds, but I seem to recall that t was asserted that both the needle and the bracelet were evidence of technology that was tens of thousands of years ahead of what was expected. Of course a lot depends on how the dating methods were calibrated. But assuming that the dating was correct ...

We are not sure how advanced other species were. There are big holes in the archaeological record due to environmental factors. We've recently discovered that Archaic people in North America wove cloth and made canoes with advanced sea going shapes. ( wave breaking prows). We also discovered Neanderthals in Spain used herbs and fungus's to fight bacteria.  

Many archaeologist theorize that the Denisovans/Asian Homo Erectus ( They might be the same species) also made canoes and we haven't found any of their dwellings or clothing yet. 

One thing is apparent. In order to survive a ice age climate, you need the ability to sew tight and waterproof. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Horta said:

I have some doubts any such species knows we exist. Though as Hawking once pointed out, it might be far better that way if they are even remotely like us. Using the meeting of different cultures on earth as a precedent, it usually spells disaster for one of them. We might not fare so well.

A intergalactic "Columbian Exchange". Which didn't work to well for my folk or the North American biosphere as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Piney said:

A intergalactic "Columbian Exchange". Which didn't work to well for my folk or the North American biosphere as a whole. 

Yes, exactly.

Not sure why aliens are portrayed as intergalactic sensitive new age guys. They could be of course, but if they are anything like us they seem more likely to be aggressive intellectual apes with a need to dominate their environment. I'm trying to imagine us and the problems we have created on earth, with a technology that allows us to extend our reach into the galaxy. Look out galaxy lol!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horta said:

Yes, exactly.

Not sure why aliens are portrayed as intergalactic sensitive new age guys. They could be of course, but if they are anything like us they seem more likely to be aggressive intellectual apes with a need to dominate their environment. I'm trying to imagine us and the problems we have created on earth, with a technology that allows us to extend our reach into the galaxy. Look out galaxy lol!

I don't think there is any other technological life in our galaxy and Andromeda is younger than us. If anything we are going to slip up. Bring something back that really goes ape **** in our environment and reset the ecosystem, not to our advantage.   

Why all the same seems to us that we are isolated? A higher civilization will not be interested in us because their interests may lie in higher non-physical spheres, since the higher the consciousness, the more subtle the world is preferred by creatures for life, and lower civilizations or at our level of consciousness simply cannot fly away from their planet to the far space or send a signal with superlight speed to other planets.

Even if we ask our scientists whether it is possible to develop speed above light, they are unlikely to say that such a thing is possible there are not even any hints on our physics and experiments, which means we need such different laws of physics about which we do not know to overcome space without passing all points of space between the planets and teleport immediately to the desired planet using other spaces. If aliens own such, then they do not need to fly for millions of years to our planet  and there are faster ways to move and they have physical ships for flying in our space.

So, they are well aware of the structure of galaxies and of each planet if they can move to any planet quickly and they follow the general rule of “observe and not interfere” until the creatures ascend to a reasonable level of communication and will no longer be considered dangerous for contact.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:50 AM, Piney said:

I don't think there is any other technological life in our galaxy and Andromeda is younger than us. If anything we are going to slip up. Bring something back that really goes ape **** in our environment and reset the ecosystem, not to our advantage.   

Ah! You saw the movie "Andromeda Strain"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ah! You saw the movie "Andromeda Strain"

Read the book actually. :)