Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth could be under 'galactic quarantine'

UM-Bot

Here's what I culled from the OP"

"It seems likely that extraterrestrials are imposing a 'galactic quarantine' because they realize it would be culturally disruptive for us to learn about them," said workshop co-chair Jean-Pierre Rospars.

On the subject of extraterrestrial intelligence in general he added:

"Cognitive evolution on Earth shows random features while also following predictable paths. By considering the regular and random components together, we can expect the repeated, independent emergence of intelligent species in the universe, and we should expect to see more or less similar forms of intelligence everywhere, under favorable conditions."

"There's no reason to think that humans have reached the highest cognitive level possible. Higher levels might evolve on Earth in the future and already be reached elsewhere." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I have calculated there to be about 6 billion earth twins in the milky way galaxy. I suspect they've been here once or twice.

I have noticed that a some of the proponents for extraterrestrials seem to have an underlying note of self-loathing. Some seem disgusted that us dirty little talking apes could possibly be one of the more intelligently advanced creatures in the galactic neighborhood. Why is that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I have noticed that a some of the proponents for extraterrestrials seem to have an underlying note of self-loathing. Some seem disgusted that us dirty little talking apes could possibly be one of the more intelligently advanced creatures in the galactic neighborhood. Why is that?

Dunno? Maybe desperation that we need some outside help and "God" isn't working for them anymore. Of course it could be the reverse. Looking to blame the worlds problems (i.e. the Reptilians) on a outside influence.

Then again you have the racist view that we little brown people are too stupid to stack rocks. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dunno? Maybe desperation that we need some outside help and "God" isn't working for them anymore. Of course it could be the reverse. Looking to blame the worlds problems (i.e. the Reptilians) on a outside influence.

Then again you have the racist view that we little brown people are too stupid to stack rocks. 

Agreed @Piney, some the  "alternative thought" threads do seem to have elements of racism don't they? Very strange.

The dismissive way some posters refuse to acknowledge the creativity and motivation our ancestors demonstrated by art, buildings, music, legends etc. is also odd to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Some might be tempted to regard humanity harshly, based on what we can be, at our worst. Far better, I think, to realize what we can be at our best, and use that as a guide for how to better ourselves. The idea that other species could be more advanced than are we, in intelligence, technological attainments, and otherwise, is not to denigrate humanity. It is simply to realize that conditions were ripe for the development of intelligent life in our galaxy, a billion or more years before humanity existed. We can scarcely expect to be the intellectual, moral, or technological equals of beings with a billion year head start on us. Give us another billion years, or so, in which to grow, and there is no reason to fear that we would not do as well.       

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bison said:

Some might be tempted to regard humanity harshly, based on what we can be, at our worst. Far better, I think, to realize what we can be at our best, and use that as a guide for how to better ourselves. The idea that other species could be more advanced than are we, in intelligence, technological attainments, and otherwise, is not to denigrate humanity. It is simply to realize that conditions were ripe for the development of intelligent life in our galaxy, a billion or more years before humanity existed. We can scarcely expect to be the intellectual, moral, or technological equals of beings with a billion year head start on us. Give us another billion years, or so, in which to grow, and there is no reason to fear that we would not do as well.       

Why stop there?  There likely was intelligent life in this galaxy 12 billion years ago or more. I think that the basic egocentrism of man leaves us to believe that the entry of alien intelligent life in the galaxy *must* have happened right around the advent of us cool earthlings. Silly people :--)

PS:  If the age of the universe - including our own galaxy, was represented by a  road from New York to London (3,465 miles), the stretch of road that represents man's arrival to the galaxy would  be about 331 feet long  

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Mankind is bold, collectively. But arrogant too, as individuals. And that is why anyone's personal opinion is too small to be of any value to the whole. Earth is our spiritual spaceship, as we travel across the galaxy, and beyond. There is no final frontier, only new ones, in eternity, thanks to the infinite quantity of the waters of forgetfulness. As old becomes new after a drink or two. We have been this way before, infinitely. The circle of life!

Now when the spirits which were in the meadow had tarried seven days, on the eighth they were obliged to proceed on their journey, and, on the fourth day after, he said that they came to a place where they could see from above a line of light, straight as a column, extending right through the whole heaven and through the earth, in colour resembling the rainbow, only brighter and purer; another day's journey brought them to the place, and there, in the midst of the light, they saw the ends of the chains of heaven let down from above: for this light is the belt of heaven, and holds together the circle of the universe, like the under-girders of a trireme...  Socrates

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. And by the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on that day He rested from all His work. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished.… Genesis

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
Carl Sagan

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Oh boy, here we go. Who left the door open?

You mean the gate on the manure spreader.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok again here we go, people saying it is b.s, but yet there have been numerous times all over the world that people have seen them so yet again mass hysteria? Just because you never seen one don't mean again it is all lies. Why are people so closed off with the thought that we humans earth are the ONLY things in this galaxy?? Yet again you never seen one so it must be B.S? I just don't understand why people are so I don't wanna say arrogant but in that way to think we are the only things here. Just because we can't go into space beyond what we see there is no other life form? Are alot of people that far off that they believe we are the only ones?

Not trying to be disrespectful not the kind who will call ppl lier's because I myself have no PROOF that they are.

Bearing false witness is bad just remember something can happen to you that you never believed in, and when you tell ppl they can call you lier also.

Just food for thought 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Oh boy, here we go. Who left the door open?

Don't know...But who ever did shut the damn thing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Abilityperson said:

Ok again here we go, people saying it is b.s, but yet there have been numerous times all over the world that people have seen them so yet again mass hysteria? Just because you never seen one don't mean again it is all lies. Why are people so closed off with the thought that we humans earth are the ONLY things in this galaxy?? Yet again you never seen one so it must be B.S? I just don't understand why people are so I don't wanna say arrogant but in that way to think we are the only things here. Just because we can't go into space beyond what we see there is no other life form? Are alot of people that far off that they believe we are the only ones?

Not trying to be disrespectful not the kind who will call ppl lier's because I myself have no PROOF that they are.

Bearing false witness is bad just remember something can happen to you that you never believed in, and when you tell ppl they can call you lier also.

Just food for thought 

Can you please provide examples of your side of the argument?

14 hours ago, Abilityperson said:

Just food for thought 

Then what's your point? 

Why are people so closed off with the thought that we humans earth are the ONLY things in this galaxy??

Because it's yet to be proven that these things come from other galaxies....

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Then what's your point? 

Because it's yet to be proven that these things come from other galaxies....

AlienO, that's what makes it a great mystery for some, but a tawdry taboo for others. 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Thanks 1

On 26/03/2019 at 8:19 PM, third_eye said:

The only real aliens are illegal aliens, and if extraterrestrial aliens do exist and if they can travel across galaxies to visit Earth, I bet they have no idea how to tie our shoe laces

~

Maybe this will help

https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Haha 1

On 26/03/2019 at 1:05 PM, OverSword said:

How many have revealed themselves to you?

Through "Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels"

On 06/04/2019 at 10:35 AM, Piney said:

I would call it misanthropic rather self-loathing. That way you can set yourself apart from the heard and claim to be enlightened. Any counter opinion gets labelled as arrogant which was the main grievance for misanthropy.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 12:58 AM, Pettytalk said:

to boldly go where no man has gone before.

To split infititives while quoting Shakespeare and Gilbert & Sullivan.

What... no-one says "d'oh" or "that's nasty" in the future?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

To split infititives while quoting Shakespeare and Gilbert & Sullivan.

What... no-one says "d'oh" or "that's nasty" in the future?

I have looked at clouds that way, and I really don't know clouds at all. Infinity cannot be split, as it's just one eternal bit, the smallest part that defies division. In other words, God's particle, and the infinite building block for blockheads. The future, or the past, do not exist, as it's only an eternal infinite of IS. The illusion of time, it's like building ice cream castles in the air.... quoting Joni Mitchel.... Rows and flows of angel hair.

I still did not get what you were quacking about!

33 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I have looked at clouds that way, and I really don't know clouds at all. Infinity cannot be split, as it's just one eternal bit, the smallest part that defies division. In other words, God's particle, and the infinite building block for blockheads. The future, or the past, do not exist, as it's only an eternal infinite of IS. The illusion of time, it's like building ice cream castles in the air.... quoting Joni Mitchel.... Rows and flows of angel hair.

I still did not get what you were quacking about!

You quoted probably the most famous split infinitive and you talk about infinity.

Your last sentence is profoundly correct.

PS. Somebody already quoted Joni Mitchell in post 141

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 2

The only reason we should be on a quarantine is that there is this antivaxxer movement going on. It has led to a number of deaths and many illnesses already.

Who would want to come here if people can't deal with one of the safest and effective means of securing public health?

On 10/04/2019 at 2:04 AM, stereologist said:

The only reason we should be on a quarantine is that there is this antivaxxer movement going on. It has led to a number of deaths and many illnesses already.

Who would want to come here if people can't deal with one of the safest and effective means of securing public health?

Exactly, the Martians won't make that mistake again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 9:07 AM, Rolci said:

Over a decade of intensive searching has yielded a lot in my life, but not one source comes close to the Law of One material (aka the Ra Material) when I look for extreme purity of Truth. It is the clearest transmission of information I know of, in my personal judgement. It has the following to say about quarantine:

Ra: I am Ra. Every effort is made to quarantine this planet. However, the network of guardians, much like any other pattern of patrols on whatever level, does not hinder each and every entity from penetrating quarantine, for if request is made in light/love, the Law of One will be met with acquiescence. If the request is not made, due to the slipping through the net, then there is penetration of this net.

Questioner: Who makes this request?

Ra: I am Ra. Your query is unclear. Please restate.

Questioner: I don’t understand how the Confederation stops the Orion chariots from coming through the quarantine?

Ra: I am Ra. There is contact at the level of light-form or lightbody-being depending upon the vibratory level of the guardian. These guardians sweep reaches of your Earth’s energy fields to be aware of any entities approaching. An entity which is approaching is hailed in the name of the one Creator. Any entity thus hailed is bathed in love/light and will of free will obey the quarantine due to the power of the Law of One.

Questioner: What would happen to the entity if he did not obey the quarantine after being hailed?

Ra: I am Ra. To not obey quarantine after being hailed on the level of which we speak would be equivalent to your not stopping upon walking into a solid brick wall.

Questioner: What would happen to the entity if he did this? What would happen to his chariot?

Ra: I am Ra. The Creator is one being. The vibratory level of those able to breach the quarantine boundaries is such that upon seeing the love/light net it is impossible to break this Law. Therefore, nothing happens. No attempt is made. There is no confrontation. The only beings who are able to penetrate the quarantine are those who discover windows or distortions in the space/time continua surrounding your planet’s energy fields. Through these windows they come. These windows are rare and unpredictable.

Questioner: Does this account for what we call “UFO Flaps” where a large number of UFOs show up like in 1973?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

I don’t know if this is serious or not, but you had me rolling homey:lol:

edit: reminded me of this gem

Edited by EnderOTD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't read all the discussion on this thread, it seemed the first response to the OP was the beginning of devolution.  Speaking to the title of the thread, there were two books I read in the 80's written by crazy women in the 50's.  One believed earth was a prison planet and the galactic authorities had us monitored and on lock down.  The other believed earth was where angels go to learn how to be angels, or something like that, that the "aliens from outerspace" were abducting humans to find out how to get a soul like we special humans had because god had only given us a soul.  If I could find those books I would post the titles.  They were borrowed and it was 30 years ago so I don't even remember the authors.  It seems nothing is new.

• Thanks 1

P.S.  I forgot, "An international group of scientists met in Paris last week to discuss why we have yet to encounter alien life."  Really?  We have not yet encountered alien life?  I can think of a lot of examples, most of them pretending to be humans.  What kind of animal would work to ensure the extermination of their own race as some of the corporations in this world are?  They have to be alien, AND what about the signs of alien microbial life found on Mars?  Those scientist in the story from the OP are living in the 60's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1