Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth could be under 'galactic quarantine'

UM-Bot

On 4/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Abilityperson said:

Ok again here we go, people saying it is b.s, but yet there have been numerous times all over the world that people have seen them so yet again mass hysteria? Just because you never seen one don't mean again it is all lies. Why are people so closed off with the thought that we humans earth are the ONLY things in this galaxy?? Yet again you never seen one so it must be B.S? I just don't understand why people are so I don't wanna say arrogant but in that way to think we are the only things here. Just because we can't go into space beyond what we see there is no other life form? Are alot of people that far off that they believe we are the only ones?

Not trying to be disrespectful not the kind who will call ppl lier's because I myself have no PROOF that they are.

Bearing false witness is bad just remember something can happen to you that you never believed in, and when you tell ppl they can call you lier also.

Just food for thought 

Wouldn't aliens being here totally prove the OP's post false.    If we are under "quarantine", then we can assume there are no aliens among us.

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.   The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   The odds of it being so advanced that they could travel the great distances through space to reach Earth are much, much less.   The odd of all this happening in the same time that we currently exist are extremely small.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

P.S.  I forgot, "An international group of scientists met in Paris last week to discuss why we have yet to encounter alien life."  Really?  We have not yet encountered alien life?

I agree,  Desertrat56,  the scientists  cannot prove that statement. I think it is possible that many leaders in world governments have met these beings and keeping the masses ignorant of the alien's existence may be a wise and agreed to policy between them.  I'm not sure the masses can handle that info - that aliens do exist and are here. Just look at some people in these UFO boards at UM. Bring up good evidence that UFO's exist here and the anger from these posters is quite high. And the better the evidence the higher the anger. Only they can explain why they get angry. It certainly is not logical. 

I can think of a lot of examples, most of them pretending to be humans.

Ya got me on this one, DR :)

What kind of animal would work to ensure the extermination of their own race as some of the corporations in this world are?

Correct me if I am wrong. The President of Monsanto long ago  ended up with cancer and dying because he refused to cave in to accusations that the asbestos caused cancer. Just a thought. 

They have to be alien, AND what about the signs of alien microbial life found on Mars?  Those scientist in the story from the OP are living in the 60's.

I don't know if these scientists' complaint is lack of a "hello" from aliens or their just not ever being here. If it is the latter, all I can say is, there is enough evidence to show that ET has been here that making such a definitive statement that they have not been is totally wrongful.  It is also very easy to see steps the governments world over do go out of their way to hide UFO incidents. All you have to so is look at the number of times that the FAA will not release radar images because it is suspected that a UFO is in the imaging. Even under the FOA, they still get away with not disclosing. And there are many pother examples.

Have a good one, DesertRat56

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Wouldn't aliens being here totally prove the OP's post false.    If we are under "quarantine", then we can assume there are no aliens among us.

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.   The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   The odds of it being so advanced that they could travel the great distances through space to reach Earth are much, much less. 

Where are you getting these "odds" from, Myles??  The polite thing to say is something like "we don't know" because... well, we don't know   lol

Ya see, part of the way we address such issues is to answer or imagine  a scenario that makes us happy and pats ourselves on the back, to wit, saying that is almost impossible to find intelligent beings (like us) is nothing more than a pipe dream. That's all.  Ya, we are *THAT* special that we can't be duplicated. Hehummm.

The odd of all this happening in the same time that we currently exist are extremely small.     

LOL.  Well, Myles, you do have ambition.   Have a good one.

PS:  Playing the real odds, Myles, based on our knowledge brought to us by the  Kepler scope, there are some 6 billion earth twins in the milky way galaxy

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Where are you getting these "odds" from, Myles??  The polite thing to say is something like "we don't know" because... well, we don't know   lol

Ya see, part of the way we address such issues is to answer or imagine  a scenario that makes us happy and pats ourselves on the back, to wit, saying that is almost impossible to find intelligent beings (like us) is nothing more than a pipe dream. That's all.  Ya, we are *THAT* special that we can't be duplicated. Hehummm.

LOL.  Well, Myles, you do have ambition.   Have a good one.

PS:  Playing the real odds, Myles, based on our knowledge brought to us by the  Kepler scope, there are some 6 billion earth twins in the milky way galaxy

I purposely did not include numbers on the odds because we don't know, but my statements would be true.   

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.   The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   The odds of it being so advanced that they could travel the great distances through space to reach Earth are much, much less.  The odd of all this happening in the same time that we currently exist are extremely small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You don't have a source for that do you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I purposely did not include numbers on the odds because we don't know, but my statements would be true.   

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.  AGREED       The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   HOW SO?

example:  100 planets, 90 are 10 billion years old and have completed the evolutionary cycle and all have intelligent life. The other 10 have life in the early evolutionary stages, no intelligent life.  It's 10-1.   I'll try this analogy:  most autos are entirely built. Some are on the assembly line being built. But the number of completed cars is much more than the partially built ones.

The odds of it being so advanced that they could travel the great distances through space to reach Earth are much, much less.  The odd of all this happening in the same time that we currently exist are extremely small.

Totally disagree. I don't know where you get this notion. For all we know this galaxy is teeming with intelligent life. It could very well be that it is our destiny to be dominant for billions of years along with some neighbors. no way to know but possible

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

You don't have a source for that do you?

yes. me. but i;ll leave  it as an exercise for you.

• Haha 1

rat, the one book on earth being a prison was i believe by a lady who was a big deal at van tassels giant rock conventions where basically everyone there claimed to talk to aliens and go on space craft rides..... 

50 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

yes. me. but i;ll leave  it as an exercise for you.

The convention and etiquette at this site is that would provide your source when asked.

Why you want to operate outside the community with a great big NYET is curious. It raises apprehensions about your motivation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.   The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   The odds of it being so advanced that they could travel the great distances through space to reach Earth are much, much less.   The odd of all this happening in the same time that we currently exist are extremely small.     

Best comment yet! Thank you!

There seems to be a bit of imposing human thought processes onto a theorized alien collective. If such a civilization or group of aliens exist, how can we reasonably deduce they will have the same logic or thought process as humans? More rubbish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

rat, the one book on earth being a prison was i believe by a lady who was a big deal at van tassels giant rock conventions where basically everyone there claimed to talk to aliens and go on space craft rides..... 

That sounds right.  There was another woman who was her contemporary but had opposite ideas about who the aliens were.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That sounds right.  There was another woman who was her contemporary but had opposite ideas about who the aliens were.

if time travel was real those giant rock conventions and buck nelsons ho downs, i would be there.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

example:  100 planets, 90 are 10 billion years old and have completed the evolutionary cycle and all have intelligent life. The other 10 have life in the early evolutionary stages, no intelligent life.  It's 10-1.   I'll try this analogy:  most autos are entirely built. Some are on the assembly line being built. But the number of completed cars is much more than the partially built ones.

10 billion years is the average life of a sun like star so any planet in the Goldilocks zone would of been wiped out in about 5 billion years when it became a red giant. 

As for planets evolving technological life I already pointed out the many scientifically backed reasons they probably didn't in numerous other threads. But I'll point out the big one.

FIRE is needed for technology to develop. You need just the right atmospheric conditions for that and we haven't discovered the right size planet for that yet except near red dwarfs and they are so battered with flares and radiation in the Goldilocks zones that any life or atmosphere would be nil. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I think most agree there is probably life out there somewhere.  AGREED       The odds of it being intelligent is much less.   HOW SO?

You don't think that the odds of intelligent life vs life is much less?

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:13 AM, Desertrat56 said:

P.S.  I forgot, "An international group of scientists met in Paris last week to discuss why we have yet to encounter alien life."  Really?  We have not yet encountered alien life?  I can think of a lot of examples, most of them pretending to be humans.  What kind of animal would work to ensure the extermination of their own race as some of the corporations in this world are?  They have to be alien, AND what about the signs of alien microbial life found on Mars?  Those scientist in the story from the OP are living in the 60's.

No microbial life has been found on Mars. There was a meteorite found in Antarctica that was traced to Mars. It was once thought that it had microbial fossils in it. That has been decided to not have been fossils.

In the 1950s people claimed that aliens met with them to bring back messages from the aliens. By the 1970s the meetings changed into abductions. Are people chosen as messengers or as guinea pigs? 

• Like 1

Piney, long before our Sun goes red giant it will bake the Earth. Since the Sun began fusion it has been slowly heating up. It emits more energy ever year. In about 1 billion years it will put the Earth too close to the Sun the Earth will be cauterized.

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

if time travel was real those giant rock conventions and buck nelsons ho downs, i would be there.

Me too!

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

No microbial life has been found on Mars. There was a meteorite found in Antarctica that was traced to Mars. It was once thought that it had microbial fossils in it. That has been decided to not have been fossils.

In the 1950s people claimed that aliens met with them to bring back messages from the aliens. By the 1970s the meetings changed into abductions. Are people chosen as messengers or as guinea pigs? 

Right!  That was my point, microbial life has been found.  That article is a fluff piece with no basis in real science.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right!  That was my point, microbial life has been found.  That article is a fluff piece with no basis in real science.

Please post a link to microbrial life being found. I've never heard of that.

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Please post a link to microbrial life being found. I've never heard of that.

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/science/1114822/life-on-mars-meteorite-alien-space-news-bacteria-found

Whether the bacteria is a live or fossilized, it is still evidence of life.

As for your other comments about what people said in the 50's, what does that have to do with this thread?  Do you think people are chosen as messengers or guinea pigs, and by whom would they be chosen?

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/science/1114822/life-on-mars-meteorite-alien-space-news-bacteria-found

As for your other comments about what people said in the 50's, what does that have to do with this thread?  Do you think people are chosen as messengers or guinea pigs, and by whom would they be chosen?

I think he was mostly referring to how stories morphed from decade to decade.   Today, fictional shows like Ancient Aliens  are swaying gullible people into believing different stories.   Like that they came and showed Columbians modern day airplanes.   When the fact is that the "airplane" pendant looks just like a flying fish that are abundant off the coast.

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is the meteorite I was referring to. It turned out NOT to be a fossil.

I hope I am your link because the link was blocked. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Hills_84001

In 1996, a group of scientists claimed to have found evidence for microscopic fossils of Martian bacteria in the meteorite, culminating in then U.S. president Bill Clinton giving a speech about the potential discovery.[2] These claims were controversial from the beginning, and the wider scientific community ultimately rejected the hypothesis once all the unusual features in the meteorite had been explained without requiring life to be present.

@stereologist the link I posted was an article from April of 2019, not 1996.  It is from the Daily Express

Experts say they have found microfilaments created by fossilised Martian microbes on the meteorite, known as ALH-77005, after using advanced imaging techniques. Dr Ildiko Gyollai and his team from the Hungarian Academy of Science (HAS) Research Centre for Astronomy and Earth Sciences used optical microscopy and infrared technology to study the textures and features of the thin sample of ALH-77005. The textures and features left behind by organisms are called “biosignatures”.

Edited by Desertrat56

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

@stereologist the link I posted was an article from April of 2019, not 1996.  It is from the

Thanks. I see the link under the Sun and express. 

The article I see under *** blocked *** suggests this is similar to the findings from the 1996 find I linked to that were decided not to be fossils. The same could  be true here.

29 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Thanks. I see the link under the Sun and express. 

The article I see under *** blocked *** suggests this is similar to the findings from the 1996 find I linked to that were decided not to be fossils. The same could  be true here.

I think that is because the website I copied the link from does not want people copying the link.