Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Never Argue if they Never Play Defense

Aquila King

4 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

I didn't post for a while because I was just so sick of it all. 

I try to stay away from all the political crap now, and even the arguments about God. 

It's all futile, and it just gets me disappointed in humanity. 

I’ve noticed a lot of those who do the arguments about God dont act very Christian (love thy neighbour) and instead it’s ATTACK the non believer 

• Like 1

Just now, Ruby04 said:

I’ve noticed a lot of those who do the arguments about God dont act very Christian (love thy neighbour) and instead it’s ATTACK the non believer 

There's some weird prosperity cult going on and it's devoid of love. 

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Which then means you correct their short quippy accusations, and they just ignore your response and go back to accusations. They never play defense.

Only way to win is to not play their game.

Exactly. 

Thats why there’s threads on that app I won’t touch. 

I believe go with the birthing style (with in reason) that’s right for you and baby, same as parenting style. 

Im hoping to be the type who does make all baby’s food when on solids, but if we need to sometimes buy store made baby food so be it.

im not judging another parents style as long as they’re doing their best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

There's some weird prosperity cult going on and it's devoid of love. 

11dffb4.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Exactly. 

Thats why there’s threads on that app I won’t touch. 

I believe go with the birthing style (with in reason) that’s right for you and baby, same as parenting style. 

Im hoping to be the type who does make all baby’s food when on solids, but if we need to sometimes buy store made baby food so be it.

im not judging another parents style as long as they’re doing their best. 

Parenting isn't the same thing as piloting a plane. You can't reduce what is and isn't right for your kids down to mathematical precision. As long as you aren't outright abusing or neglecting your kid, then it's kinda up in the air.

• Thanks 1

It just saddens me. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Only way to win is to not play their game.

Yes, never respond to a personal attack (unless you can somehow make a joke out of it).

People always on the attack never defend their stance (lend reasoning) because they know they're always right. They don't need to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

People always on the attack never defend their stance (lend reasoning) because they know they're always right. 

Well that, plus most of the time their stance is indefensible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes, never respond to a personal attack (unless you can somehow make a joke out of it).

People always on the attack never defend their stance (lend reasoning) because they know they're always right. They don't need to.

Do they? Sometimes I think they're well aware they can't defend their stance. They've just discovered that they can win anyway by putting others on the defensive.

Or at least appear as if they won, and appearances seem to matter more than facts, of late.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

@Aquila King told me about some guy on YouTube calling him a poo poo head, now that kind of personal attack you can’t help but laugh at. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

It just saddens me. 

Polite discourse is, sadly, a lost art.

That includes taking useless jabs at religion.

• Like 2

Just now, Ruby04 said:

@Aquila King told me about some guy on YouTube calling him a poo poo head, now that kind of personal attack you can’t help but laugh at. 

The literal quote was a "big stinky poo poo doo doo head." And yes, I'll never stop laughing at that one. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

The literal quote was a "big stinky poo poo doo doo head." And yes, I'll never stop laughing at that one. :lol:

I love that they with something so childish 

• Like 1

Just now, Ruby04 said:

I love that they with something so childish 

Yeah, that one definately takes the cake. :lol:

Outta win an award for it's childishness, seriously. :passifier:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

Do they? Sometimes I think they're well aware they can't defend their stance. They've just discovered that they can win anyway by putting others on the defensive.

Any topic worthy of debate can be defended but all too often people treat it like a black/white, either/or issue.

What's a better sandwich, peanut butter or jam?!

Neither actually. Sometimes I mix them and sometimes when you add a sliced onion to either a peanut butter or jam sandwich, it tastes better.*

*don't judge me until you try it. :tu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Any topic worthy of debate can be defended but all too often people treat it like a black/white, either/or issue.

Neither actually. Sometimes I mix them and sometimes when you add a sliced onion to either a peanut butter or jam sandwich, it tastes better.*

Wrong. I'm allergic to peanuts and they'll kill me. So peanut butter sandwiches are bad and jam sandwiches are good. :P Black and white. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Wrong. I'm allergic to peanuts and they'll kill me. So peanut butter sandwiches are bad and jam sandwiches are good. :P Black and white. 

And too much sugar in jams can kill a diabetic.

How would you like your nothing sandwich,  white or dark bread? But that's another debate. :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

OMG yes or if you’re a Vegemite fan try Vegemite and cheese. 

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Clearly you’re an exemption :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

How would you like your nothing sandwich,  white or dark bread? But that's another debate. :D

Brioche? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

My mother is Gluten Free. No bread. :rofl:

• Haha 2

Almost anything really could be turned into a debate 

• Like 1

The crux is that I try to treat every point of view as though it has at least, a self imposed basis in reality.

It doesn't make me wrong for doing so, it just helps me understand where they're coming from.

There are many people here at UM that I don't engage with in debate because I understand where they're coming from. I still think that they're wrong (from my perspective) but for me to explain to them why I think they're wrong is a wasted exercise.

I freely express my opinions and in the last week or so have been told to 'shut up' or 'f* off'. Which, of course, will never happen. ;)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

download.jpeg

Lol...you derailed your own discussion.

• Haha 3