Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doughnut family apologise for Nazi past

Eldorado

"The family that owns well-known consumer brands like Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Keurig Dr. Pepper and Panera Bread say their Nazi ancestors used slave labor during World War II.

The Reimann family, which owns the controlling stake in JAB Holdings and is reportedly one of the richest families in Germany, will donate €10 million, or $11 million, to a yet-undisclosed charity after a three-year investigation that it commissioned discovered details of their ancestors' behavior."

Full report at WFMZ (Penn): http://www.wfmz.com/business/national-and-world-business/krispy-kreme-owners-admit-to-family-history-of-nazi-ties/1062500420

At DW (Germany) : https://www.dw.com/en/german-billionaire-family-to-donate-11m-over-nazi-past/a-48047693

Wonder why they want a private family matter to be published - "The family expects to publish a book next year that will detail the ties."

Sounds like they are fishing for business and throwing out money to charities to signal how wonderful they are.  Antisemitism is quickly growing across Europe and the rapid change in ethnicity is very noticeable as well.  Perhaps it is good for business to admit their family were Nazis?

guardian.png

Europe - United under one flag.

euflag2.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Nazi ancestors used slave labor during World War II.

So did Stihl and Volkswagon and Bayer used them for tests.

Your not guilty of your ancestors actions no matter what the Bible says. I worked with a guy who's ancestor participated in the Paxton Massacre. I kept having to tell him. "You weren't there".

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your not guilty of your ancestors actions no matter what the Bible says.

No, but where you've profited from their crimes to the tune of millions, it's probably right to do something for those who have suffered don't you think? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Setton said:

No, but where you've profited from their crimes to the tune of millions, it's probably right to do something for those who have suffered don't you think? 

No doubt. I think all those companies should pay out big time. I also think Chanel and Hugo Boss should pay out their butts too.

Chanel should be stripped of their profits. Coco only acquired her loot declaring her "Aryan Status" and stripping a Jewish family of everything. She should of been stripped of everything herself and thrown right in prison. But I guess she gave good *******s to Churchill.

On the other hand my Grandpop Jowett was a British Nazi sympathizer. If he was alive in the 60s I would of never been conceived. Neither would my cousins because after he died my uncle married a Irish woman. But I'm not him nor do I think like him. Make reparations. But because it's what's right. Not out of guilt. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Wonder why they want a private family matter to be published - "The family expects to publish a book next year that will detail the ties."

My first thought was they're doing it to avoid taking bad press for the K-Cup apocalypse they have brought us. :D

Edited by Farmer77

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 10:34 PM, Piney said:

Your not guilty of your ancestors actions no matter what the Bible says. I worked with a guy who's ancestor participated in the Paxton Massacre. I kept having to tell him. "You weren't there".

still its a nice gesture to attempt to make atones for the sins of your ancestors. 

• Like 1