Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MEPs vote to end summer time clock changes

Still Waters

The European Parliament has backed a proposal to stop the obligatory one-hour clock change which extends daylight hours in summer EU-wide.

The proposal would give each member state a choice from 2021: either to keep the current summer time system or scrap the twice-yearly clock changes.

Ministers will also have a say on this.

Under an EU directive, all 28 states currently switch to summer time on the last Sunday of March and back to winter time on the last Sunday of October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47704345

• Like 2

"Only a Whiteman would cut the bottom of a blanket off, sew it to the top, and think they have a longer blanket" - My cousin Dalyn :lol:

• Haha 4

Damnit Europe, we were this close to getting rid of it over here. If you guys do it before we do half the nation is gonna all of a sudden think its a bad idea <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Didnt i see posted on here dst has something to do with aliens living inside the moon?

• Haha 3

Finally!!

Now I just need my own government to implement it, which is not a matter of course. They're idiots!

(I cross my fingers...)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Didnt i see posted on here dst has something to do with aliens living inside the moon?

:yes:

• Haha 1

I thought Uri Geller already had fixed this telepathically. :-)

• Haha 1