Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

(Opinion) I Wonder About Democrats...

Uncle Sam

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Good start, yes. Liberals are trying to Destroy the US! Fear us! 

Fear?  Not at all.  Plan, train and prepare to take out the trash, :tu:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh. The BIG thread. I asked a couple questions early on and left well enough alone.

But the premise of this thread, like most opinion pieces, is tainted in that it assumes all democrats/liberals/progressives to be Anti-American.

Like most opinion pieces though, you can take it or leave it for what it's worth.

One need not be in lockstep ideologically to still be guilty of supporting tyranny with a vote.  What these leaders in the party are attempting is straight up anti-Constitution and would pave the way for removing a few of those items in the Bill of Rights.  They have been nibbling around the edges for years but now they appear to be going for broke, right out in the open, not trying to mask their intentions at all.  That is a GOOD thing.  It will wake a bunch of sleeping patriots in time for the struggle.  Ballot box or economic.  They CAN be shut down without violence as long as THEY don't start the violence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, and then said:

Fear?  Not at all.  Plan, train and prepare to take out the trash, :tu:

Come at me then, And Then. Go for it. Or stuff it.

Half the US is trash, half the US is undesirables, I'm sure the way forward is clear. 

I guess it's not just millenials who have a limited attention span, since that's all you can respond to.

Either the US will adapt to the changing globe, or it's destined to be only a nation of low end workers, wealthy elites (who is it that keeps providing them tax breaks, exactly?) and lowering health standards for the average person, or increasing debt. 

Europe has some mind numbing policies, but in the past we took what they did and made it better, and I believe we can again. 

While it should not be done without majority consent, the constitution is not holey writ. It must be tested, reexamined, and rebuilt to purpose. 

The founders had no intent of spreading out of power. They were wealthy, land owning men and they intended to keep it that way. In some cases to the detriment of the country, as we saw later with the Civil War. 

The snide comments of small men are worth the pixels they're typed on. 

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Except all of the amendments. Things have to change.

The Founders understood this quite well and provided a mechanism for it.  What these scum want to do is DECREE these changes through political gamesmanship and there are a LOT of us who just aren't going to go quietly.  Present company notwithstanding, I think that down deep, they're too gutless to try and TAKE from others on their own.  They need the courage and blood of better men than themselves to get that done for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

While it should not be done without majority consent, the constitution is not holey writ. It must be tested, reexamined, and rebuilt to purpose. 

Spoken like a true Progressive.  Change the Constitution through the amendment process or get ready to fight for the change you want to shove down the throats of the rest of the country.  It's actually that simple.  This nation was NEVER based on being a Democracy.  The Founders understood the dangers of "rule by the mob" and rejected it.  You can dream about using the government's armed might to steal from productive people but in the end, that's all it is.  OPM runs out, eventually, and then who ya gonna call?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

The Founders understood this quite well and provided a mechanism for it.  What these scum want to do is DECREE these changes through political gamesmanship and there are a LOT of us who just aren't going to go quietly.  Present company notwithstanding, I think that down deep, they're too gutless to try and TAKE from others on their own.  They need the courage and blood of better men than themselves to get that done for them.

Would these men be P. O. W who's name gets drug through the ground by a sitting president for points? 

These people have to be elected. They have to follow precedent (a noted failing as late) and follow the stated law. 

Despite your fear, this is no more likely than the same complaints and fears coming from the left. 

1 minute ago, and then said:

Spoken like a true Progressive.  Change the Constitution through the amendment process or get ready to fight for the change you want to shove down the throats of the rest of the country.  It's actually that simple.  This nation was NEVER based on being a Democracy.  The Founders understood the dangers of "rule by the mob" and rejected it.  You can dream about using the government's armed might to steal from productive people but in the end, that's all it is.  OPM runs out, eventually, and then who ya gonna call?

Hey dude. 

Hey. 

First off, you want to make a threat, I'll gladly respond in kind. 

Yes. This country was never based on Democracy. It's a republic. The founders thought that the poor, unlanded, and un wealthy shouldn't have a choice in this country. 

Frankly, the countrys development away from that has been historically one of its strengths. 

Which is why they are following due process. Running for election. Making campaign processes. Responding to what people want. As an example, certain gun regulations have bipartisan support, until they reach the federal level. 

The founders got some things right. They got some things wrong. Some of those things were flatly diasterous to our country, and the handling of the fallout was worse still. 

Maybe you're comfortable with a lobby receiving large donations by a hostile country, I'm not. 

Now, you scare dlittle man can rant and rave at me over the internet as much as you want. I doubt I'll see your tail in any sort of formation. 

I'm sure as we see social systems underfunded as they're double dipped and having funding cut, we'll see an angry response there as well. 

As a liberal who generally weighs on the side of non interference I can still respect things like faithfulness, duty, honor, respect, honesty, and again and especially duty. 

You're currently supporting a man who repeatedly reneged on deals, lied, cheated, had affairs, divorced, squandered, and is still attacking a man who showed honorable courage and is currently cold in the ground. 

I've read revelations, it sounds familiar. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

I'm sure as we see social systems underfunded as they're double dipped and having funding cut, we'll see an angry response there as well

So be it.  NO ONE should be forced to carry the load for *******s that won't work or for a bunch of non-citizens who come here in increasingly large numbers, most of which expect a handout.  Unless you're volunteering yourself into one of those groups, I made no threat against YOU.  I'm speaking about the scum that wants to take this country down from within and those who are willing accomplices to it just because they hate the "other" that doesn't want to pay their way anymore.

• Like 1

I mean, frankly at this point you're sounding like someone who wants to make sure only the "right" people vote, calling it unfair when legally allowed people run for office, and might want a particular solution to certain undesirables. 

My America is made up of many different people. Fortunately they all are guaranteed a right to representation. 

I don't agree with all of them by far, and I know the America I grow old in will not be the same as the one I was born into. 

Whether that's to a more pluralistic, more open society or a more restrained, theocratic one it must follow the will of the people or the will of the people mean nothing.

The world my grandfather grew up in changed remarkably in his life. He remembered the house slave my great grandfather kept, he fought in WWII with a segregated military. He saw the repeal of Jim Crow and the fall of the Berlin wall. 

I hope to see America make more positive gains. 

• Like 4

So be it.  NO ONE should be forced to carry the load for *******s that won't work or for a bunch of non-citizens who come here in increasingly large numbers, most of which expect a handout.  Unless you're volunteering yourself into one of those groups, I made no threat against YOU.  I'm speaking about the scum that wants to take this country down from within and those who are willing accomplices to it just because they hate the "other" that doesn't want to pay their way anymore.

By your marking, I'm a liberal. By which I find myself in an odd position of defending gold star families and Senator John McCain whos politics I flatly disagree with on many points, more so when he ran for president. 

Who are these people exactly? Because by that margin I can count many families who in the mid west were offered the chance to retrain, rebuild, and seek better opportunities. Instead they live in states that regularly vote Republican and also regularly pull federal assistance. 

Illegals are a problem, I can certainly agree there. Are they such a problem that my fellow Americans, who by dint of birth are going to be concerned about having papers proving they are Americans? 

Not when the largest draw on such programs are the elderly and unable to work. Despite Democrats and Republicans trying to both find justifications and restrictions to limit its abuse, and I'm sure we all know examples who don't fit those criteria, neither can produce evidence that the abuse is so rampant funding must be cut so we can buy a few more fighters to put into storage, sell the lives of a few more good men, and secure questionable properties outside the US. Frankly I'd like to see us move to sever some of those ties. 

Nope. Frankly that really scratches my concerns about certain branches of toltarianism. So does certain other things, but man I've been trying not to use easy overused arguments. 

I've had my whiskey, and frankly you just seem scared and lashing out. 

But please, if you feel the need to brandish your gun make sure it's unloaded first. 

5 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Whether that's to a more pluralistic, more open society or a more restrained, theocratic one it must follow the will of the people or the will of the people mean nothing.

That's a tired, useless canard.  You won't find a single post ANYWHERE over the 6 years I've been here that I've EVER called for that so stop blowing smoke.  If you took the time to actually read and digest the Federalist papers and the Constitution you'd understand what the Founders hoped for, for this new nation.  You make it clear that Democracy is precisely what you support, NOT a true, representative Republic.  You're damned right I don't want "just anyone" to be able to vote.  Call me crazy or bigoted but I demand they at least be CITIZENS.  It is pure fecking insanity to open the borders and welcome in millions of people who don't even care to become citizens but who would have the right to elect people who will give them other people's money.  Can't you see how insane and self-destructive that is?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

I've had my whiskey, and frankly you just seem scared and lashing out. 

But please, if you feel the need to brandish your gun make sure it's unloaded first. 

Enjoy your buzz.  If it makes you feel better to think I live in fear of Liberals, be comforted.  I'm quite sober these days and I don't point a weapon I'm not ready and capable of using.  Stay away from me and mine, we'll never have a problem.  

Enjoy your buzz.  If it makes you feel better to think I live in fear of Liberals, be comforted.  I'm quite sober these days and I don't point a weapon I'm not ready and capable of using.  Stay away from me and mine, we'll never have a problem.  

I'll be interested in your threats when your posts don't reek of panic over an emergency so important the person who declared it went golfing. 

I don't need to think it, your ranting declared it, as easily as typing it out. 

As does your tendency to cut off large chunks of posts so you can respond with soft threats and ignore what you don't find convienent to address. 

For the record, I too don't point a weapon I'm not ready and willing to use. And the steady hands to use them, if need be. 

• Like 1

We do know that the Senate voted on the New Green Deal, and not a single Democrat votes in favor. 

Perhaps things are not as bad as being suggested?

Still I agree the Media appears to want the Democrat party to vere further left, and the likes of CNN openly support only the most liberal politicians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

We do know that the Senate voted on the New Green Deal, and not a single Democrat votes in favor. 

Perhaps things are not as bad as being suggested?

Honestly it's a flawed plan. Like most government plans it needs to be suggested, reworked, submitted, reworked, disappear into a committee, and later on some kludge together monstrosity of compromise and lobbed interest will be motioned. 

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Still I agree the Media appears to want the Democrat party to vere further left, and the likes of CNN openly support only the most liberal politicians.

Cart before the horse there. The media first and foremost wants eyes and clicks. The incoming Democrats are getting attention and are popular, so they get more attention over more reasonable and reliable candidates. 

That isn't to say they don't have a swing, but profit plays a large part. 

Especially when you have a 24 hour news cycle coupled with general declining viewership as people drop existing mediums and go online. You need to try to attract people who's most in depth interaction with news is sharing memes online. 

• Like 2

As for the 'Green New Deal.' I heard on the news they were talking about oil reserves running out in 12 years. This story was only run one time, and was seperate from the 'Green New Deal.' I thought they should be connected, but I'm not sure they did. I've known about the talk that oil reserves should be running out 10-30 years from now. Obviously, everyone learned oil is a non-renewable resource in elementary school - meaning it runs out, unlike trees that grow back. It seems they are always sweeping this fact under the rug. I was amazed they had put a news story about it in at all, and was really hoping they would start reporting it more. I am really concerned it is refused to be talked about.

It reminds me of the Gospel Parable of the 10 virgins with lamps going to the marraige spoken of by Jesus. 5 were wise and filled their lamps with oil, 5 were foolish and went with empty lamps. So, half of them made it and half failed to get in because they couldn't see their way at midnight when the bell rang.

Edited by Opus Magnus

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Tammany Hall. Nothing's changed, the swamp enlarges.

To blame all the ills of your country on democrats alone, seems really short sighted.

I blame them both. They are both garbage.

"The Democrats profit  from the Poor. The Republicans profit from War" is a new "49 Chant" of the war widows and warrior wives and mothers

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

You reckon you'll get a decent argument on this?

Good luck bud...

nothing to argue really, all points are valid

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Half the US is trash, half the US is undesirables, I'm sure the way forward is clear. 

very clear, what is unclear which half is trash and undesirables. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

Only where the people ALLOW it to happen.  Look at the 30 out of 33 New Mexico counties that declared nullification on new gun laws passed and signed by a Dem legislature and governor.  Screw them.  They can't arrest thousands and if they begin confiscation there will be a backlash they aren't capable of handling.  Once actual attempts at confiscation begins, I expect many of the more Conservative state's citizenry to get LOUD about nullifying this garbage.

it's been going for years, but you will not read about it in any papers, they will not confiscate nationwide, they do it quietly county by country, they outlaw your gun, due to type of action, mag capacity, looks..... and make you get rid of it, they already did that in nyc, with all semi auto and any rifle that holds more than 5 rounds.  this IS modern day confiscation, and it's been here for a while. 

• Like 1

Well look at AOC and the threat she poses.

AOC threatens to put moderate Dems ‘on a list’ to be targeted by activists during 2020 primaries

https://www.westernjournal.com/hermancain/aoc-threatens-put-moderate-dems-list-targeted-activists-2020-primaries/

Congress represents the district they are elected from. This is why they have votes. Just because they may not vote with their party on every issue, they become "targets." Now , you seriously imagine this freshman piece of trash in a real position of power.  Say goodbye to freedom as you know it.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

AOC threatens to put moderate Dems ‘on a list’ to be targeted by activists during 2020 primaries

https://www.westernjournal.com/hermancain/aoc-threatens-put-moderate-dems-list-targeted-activists-2020-primaries/

Congress represents the district they are elected from. This is why they have votes. Just because they may not vote with their party on every issue, they become "targets." Now , you seriously imagine this freshman piece of trash in a real position of power.  Say goodbye to freedom as you know it.

there is no way in hell , someone is not behind the scene pulling her strings.  she was a bartender with 0 experience or qualification, now she she threatens democrats who were in politics way longer than her, some even longer than she is alive.  if i did not know any better i'd say soros is behind this, oh wait i do not know any better

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

This is how it starts.  It picks up momentum and eventually, no one can stop it.  This is how the new, young, freshly indoctrinated Socialists push out (purge) the older Progressives.  This is the youth’s fight now.  The young Conservatives need to start stepping up and quickly.  They need to immerse themselves into the Founding Documents and rediscover their history and pass it on.  Share it with friends, coworkers, and family.  Don’t let them (Socialists) shut you down for they cannot survive the light of truth.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1

Hmmmm...funny how Liberal's claim that others are making threats simply because they do not agree with them and then proceed to make actual threats....typical.

Listen....Lib's (ALL LIB'S)....just because someone disagrees with you and doesn't buy into the brainwashing you have succumbed to...and your poor little feelings get hurt...doesn't give you the right to make threats to anyone....you know who you are.

Lastly.....the ONLY fear mongering I keep hearing is from the GOP and the MSM...!!! The far-Right and the Far-left are whole other story of course. There are crazies on either side of the spectrum. It's the GENERAL Mainstream Liberal's who are doing most of the fear mongering. There are way too many examples to write down here.