Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michigan couple capture 'ghost' on nanny cam

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Michigan couple capture 'ghost' on nanny cam

It does look creepy - it also looks suspiciously like a light from a passing car. A long slit of light passing across the room, just what you would expect to see if there is a window with drapes pulled nearly shut, and a passing car's headlights pass through the remaining slit and travel neatly and evenly across the room, and gets recorded in the dark by a crappy cam.

Need to know the layout of the room, windows/drapes, and street outside before any more can be said.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

He has a quality beard 

• Haha 2

Jeeze...what a mess in that room.

Anyway that is besides the point.

No window on that side of the wall. I would say the window is behind the camera area,  as it clearly looks like a light reflection which could be coming from a passing car. 

The camera quality is not good, so like the childs head, the light is also distorted. 

Thats my opinion, a passing car light through the window. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Looks creepy - also look suspiciously like a light from a passing car. A long slit of light passing across the room, just what you would expect to see if there is a window with drapes pulled nearly shut, and a passing car's headlights pass through the remaining slit and travel across the room.

Need to know the layout of the room, windows/drapes, and street outside before any more can be said.

Oi! I was still typing that. Lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, moonman said:

It does look creepy - it also looks suspiciously like a light from a passing car. A long slit of light passing across the room, just what you would expect to see if there is a window with drapes pulled nearly shut, and a passing car's headlights pass through the remaining slit and travel across the room.

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Thats my opinion, a passing car light through the window. 

It could also be a person walking by the house. The street light reflecting off the person and onto the wall. That was my first thought.
But a car also sounds very reasonable!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3

Lolol, committed suicide by jumping through a 1 story window?
I can see it from the glass lacerations but that sounded goofy.
Can’t trust a paranormal investigator who wears a leather jacket, or people who don’t clean up before the news brings cameras into their house imo.

edit; posting from my iPhone, causes question marks to appear on punctuation. 

Edited by AstralHorus
  • Like 3

Doubt it was a car passing by. They'd have hundreds of examples of the same thing if that were the case. It would happen every time a car passed.

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Doubt it was a car passing by. They'd have hundreds of examples of the same thing if that were the case. It would happen every time a car passed.

Who would have examples? Why would anyone want to show an example of a reflection of passing car lights on a video when they know it is car lights?

Not everyone has a camera facing a wall which will catch it either.

Had the parents been in the room at the time, they would gave seen the light, but they saw it on a distorted camera image. 

Possible they knew it was lighting from outside as they know where the window is and are trying it on as it looks creepy, 

Bur also possible they did not even think about a passing light from outside because they jump to paranornal first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Papameter…..64% Chance of Paranormal       36% Chance of only normal

• Haha 3

I do wonder why all the mess wasnt picked up before the film crew arrived,

And i got bored when it was another reflection looking glare of light and clicked off the video rating it 99% normal 1% unexplained on the batsmeter which was calibrated 3 seconds before use by the cali poly tech lab for being ba...s on accurate.

but if they believe even 1% that its harming their child does that make them neglectful to leave the kid right there?

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I do wonder why all the mess wasnt picked up before the film crew arrived,

And i got bored when it was another reflection looking glare of light and clicked off the video rating it 99% normal 1% unexplained on the batsmeter which was calibrated 3 seconds before use by the cali poly tech lab for being ba...s on accurate.

but if they believe even 1% that its harming their child does that make them neglectful to leave the kid right there?

LOL. Now we have the batsmeter! 

I have this feeling it will always give very different readings than the papameter. 

I must be psychic. Yep. Papameter has it at 95% chance I am psychic. Oh wait...then there's the batsmeter to consider. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That's a nonsense assumption. Maybe it was a car backing out of or pulling into a specific spot or taking a turn that isn't taken a lot at that time of night, or making a u-turn or any one of a hundred different scenarios that makes light coming in at that exact angle uncommon - not to mention, who says they ever recorded that angle at that time before or did it with any regularity, or ever paid attention, or just saw the video as an excuse to get on the news and knew exactly what it was.

But, as all true believers do, common sense and logic are abandoned and ghosties are the first choice every time, regardless of all normal explanations.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

This new to us place we moved into is a cornor lot, and the 2 lane front street gets a fair amount of traffic especially at peak work hours,

This room is something of a hexagon shape one main street facing window two windows that angle at the front and cornor a window facing the side street and its rare that headlights make it in but they do and im sure a crap cam in the dark would capture all kinds of weirdness, prosiac but weird.

The couple in this thread very well might believe its a ghosty but that scratches thing is so 1977 amityville horror. If a ghosty existed and could scratch they wouldnt stop there.

• Like 1

As far as the the child being scratched, she probably did it in her sleep. Mine did this often when they were babies no matter how short I clipped their nails.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

Lolol, committed suicide by jumping through a 1 story window?

Sure, if you’re determined you just make sure you land on your head and break your neck. Chris Cornell hung himself with the sash of a hotel bathrobe from the headboard of the bed while sitting on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

That was a bit creepy.

I didn't feel a thing.

Pineymeter 100% altered.

From the looks of the house, how things are stacked and a cold read of the parents, my prime projection is a "Lutz" attempt at avoiding foreclosure.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I didn't feel a thing.

Pineymeter 100% altered.

From the looks of the house, how things are stacked and a cold read of the parents, my prime projection is a "Lutz" attempt at avoiding foreclosure.  

I had no idea you would be so influenced by my babbling in this thread :tu:

A few years back danny came out to again say it all happened and was real, the paycheck from a new movie had no bearing ;)

He says it ruined his life and refused to take a polygraph and got mad at any alternative possibilities like made up story, delusion, false memories  mental illness.

I guess money, profit is more powerful than any evil that ruined your life.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter…..64% Chance of Paranormal       36% Chance of only normal

Heres my meter read to your paranornal chance meter

crapo-meter-shit-meter.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Heres my meter read to your paranornal chance meter

crapo-meter-shit-meter.gif

I am sure that pegged meter reads that for every paranormal case consideration.

The Papameter’s got that piece of crap beat hands down LOL

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

A few years back danny came out to again say it all happened and was real, the paycheck from a new movie had no bearing ;)

oops.....

Edited by Piney
firkin sticky keys.......

23 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Link me to this. It sounds interesting. :yes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Link me to this. It sounds interesting. :yes:

Heres a quick one,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2290279/Haunted-Amityville-Eldest-son-Lutz-family-reveals-living-possessed-Long-Island-home-ruined-life.html

Time tends to fly with me, its been years , amityville got old, only profiteers promote it as anything but a big semi premeditated scam to make a buck,

Scamityville,

Way back before lutz died and everyone was sueing each other, even that priest sued,

One of the younger kids like 7 at the time of the alleged events said lutz dabbled in the paranormal calling up ghosties but he only ever saw a shadow figure, all the rest was bull and at 7 the whole thing had the be a mess to the kids, so lutz sued him ( thr kid then an adult ) for hurting another movie deal or something like that.

One story i read years back suggested Defeos attorney was in kahoots with the lutz to do this whole thing, google amityville with words like scam, denunked, exposed, etc, you can get lost reading all the stuff,

Bottom line to me, a murder house was used for profits...done, not done, its still making people money, and people who claim hauntings still use ideas invented at amityville.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1