Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michigan couple capture 'ghost' on nanny cam

UM-Bot

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

people who claim hauntings still use ideas invented at amityville.

The "Indian Graveyard" bit gets me soooo Goddamn p***ed off. <_<

• Like 1

dont be bitter blanco always have stigma that indians have cursed burial grounds,

stephen king used it in pet semitary and even krusty knew it :rolleyes:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7c118b92-2ec2-4fb3-82cf-cc82dc54caba

scamityville:  did you see where the "indian graveyard" idea was debuted by saying the indians thought evil spirits were there and avoided the land.

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 2

pause at 33seconds, you can see childs hand already poised to lift herself up...ie not because something walked past.....the delay is it takes the kid a few seconds to lift up....if it was the sound of something walking then it would take many more seconds for the kid to react and get up..

also strange is the light that can be seen at 3oclock position?

38 seconds (the second angle which seems to be zoomed out version of the first. what is the screen at around 1 o'clock? also the angle looks strange for it to be the zoomed out version of first shot but I guess that they can adjust this? just feels strange .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

I do wonder why all the mess wasnt picked up before the film crew arrived,

I wonder that as well.   Perhaps that was after they cleaned up.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

stephen king used it in pet semitary and even krusty knew it :rolleyes:

It was cursed later by a "Wiindigo?". Then the Mikmaaq stopped using it. :lol: 

I'm a King fan. :yes:

• Like 2

ive read a lot of king some i like a lot,

survivor type still creeps me out and miss todds shortcut is a fav.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, the13bats said:

ive read a lot of king some i like a lot,

survivor type still creeps me out and miss todds shortcut is a fav.

Total Gunslinger fan along with my boss. 'The Talisman' books are also on the top for me. I like his older "fantasy-horror". Not much into his thrillers. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moonman said:

That's a nonsense assumption. Maybe it was a car backing out of or pulling into a specific spot or taking a turn that isn't taken a lot at that time of night, or making a u-turn or any one of a hundred different scenarios that makes light coming in at that exact angle uncommon - not to mention, who says they ever recorded that angle at that time before or did it with any regularity, or ever paid attention, or just saw the video as an excuse to get on the news and knew exactly what it was.

But, as all true believers do, common sense and logic are abandoned and ghosties are the first choice every time, regardless of all normal explanations.

Yeah I suppose that’s all possible. It would be cool if the people who were involved were here to talk about it. 

• Like 1

I think it was a car or person - naturally because I am an atheist lol

However, the video does get a couple points towards the paranormal for me since the baby is so engaged. If it was a car light then the baby would be use to it by now and not of gotten up like that.

but alas the video we saw started pretty far into the baby moving. 

Edited by spartan max2

the net is full of such videos all kinds of settings and topics but things ive noticed in general most times the viewer has to look for the "special" part, oh, at 2:45 a mist, light, blob whatever will move from lower left to...you get the idea, when it is blantant its pretty much obviously a hoax, most people seem to be able to detect a fake pretty well.

then most times the person posting it is convinced its whatever they are selling and will get down right angry if someone suggests otherwise, in other words they didnt even when in some cases they claim they did post it to be critiqued, no, they want the oohs and ahhs, i recall a guy who posted a really bad alleged ufo video and wanted it hailed otherworldly period.

so could this threads video be a "ghost" that opens the door what is a ghost, my definition isnt the same as most, i dont buy into spirits with any kind of consciences not soul of dead folks or even their energy.

what videos like this show me fall into a few possiblities, things like deliberate hoaxes can be filed next to misidentified things like suggested in this case car headlights.

then i have unknown, true believers love to make the automatice jump that unknown means paranormal, its doesnt not by a long shot, 

there are things on this planet some of us do not understand, lots of electic, magnetic, and other very natural yet unknown or not mainstream phenomenon that some of these videos do fall into,

i wont slam a door but then there is paranormal, otherworldly, etc that is a very unlikely less than 1% for me while this is a rather boring viewpoint i find it is the most rational, and logical.

i guess this happened to me back when i learned santa isnt real...some people find it hard to let go of fantasy and if they need that i will accept that.

• Like 3

I've got to admit, it does look really creepy and I'm not totally convinced that it's car headlights either. 

Having said that, both my Stiffometers appear to be in good working order.

1*lVNS7At9hvvjH7SNZfJXFg.gif

fuck-o-meter.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

in answer to his super biased papameter i dusted off the non biased batsmeter and i couldnt be more pleased others are following suit and bringing out their own meters.

• Like 2

Does anyone besides me think it could be a really crappy video of an actual person (mom) walking by? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Does anyone besides me think it could be a really crappy video of an actual person (mom) walking by? 

sure, im open for anything, just things like human walking by or headlights are high on my list,

i am lazy watched it a time or two is the playpen thing the kids in in the video out in the main room that had clothes and stuff all over that the news crew showed?

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

sure, im open for anything, just things like human walking by or headlights are high on my list,

i am lazy watched it a time or two is the playpen thing the kids in in the video out in the main room that had clothes and stuff all over that the news crew showed?

I think so, you can see a hole in the ceiling in both the news report and the nanny cam video.  It’s the same room that the guy was talking about a suicide at the end of the video.

• Like 1

I dont know the swedish "  spöke "meeter  ghost is fairly low around 25% i belive this is some sort of hoax.

• Like 3

yeah, SS i went and watched that claptrap again,

the place is a mess, and yeah, it sure could be a person whisking by, the video is crappy, and geez no shock, the paranormal investigator who appears might have better luck finding a bud lite and quac dip in his fridge has to inject the typical bs ghost of a suicide victim claims then they tag on when the couple can afford it they will move....$$$

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

yeah, SS i went and watched that claptrap again,

the place is a mess, and yeah, it sure could be a person whisking by, the video is crappy, and geez no shock, the paranormal investigator who appears might have better luck finding a bud lite and quac dip in his fridge has to inject the typical bs ghost of a suicide victim claims then they tag on when the couple can afford it they will move....$$$

Kenny Biddle has this to say...

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/michigan_nanny_cam_lsquoghostrsquo_most_likely_mom_or_dad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

well gee whizz ss i dont know if you cracked this case first or saw mr biddles run down but i think either way we have a winner :tu:

it still sets weird with me, they cant pick up even clothes everywhere but mom can get all dolled up...then as that was in my mind to post i get to the part in buddles article where mom is wanting hand outs from a gofundme so they can move, sighting daughters safety fro. paranormal attacks yeah, it must suck living in your parents guest house, wonder what her parents think and will hrs view this as a threat or mooch job?

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

well gee whizz ss i dont know if you cracked this case first or saw mr biddles run down but i think either way we have a winner :tu:

it still sets weird with me, they cant pick up even clothes everywhere but mom can get all dolled up...then as that was in my mind to post i get to the part in buddles article where mom is wanting hand outs from a gofundme so they can move, sighting daughters safety fro. paranormal attacks yeah, it must suck living in your parents guest house, wonder what her parents think and will hrs view this as a threat or mooch job?

I hadn’t seen Kenny’s article until after I posted. I decided to look on Facebook for a longer video and I saw a link for his article. 

I’m not the best housekeeper, job...kids...husband...father-in-law all take up a lot of my time but you better believe I’d pick up a mess (granted, my messes are not as messy as this house) if I were having people over especially if it was a news crew. Looks like she had time to get her nails done. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I hadn’t seen Kenny’s article until after I posted. I decided to look on Facebook for a longer video and I saw a link for his article. 

I’m not the best housekeeper, job...kids...husband...father-in-law all take up a lot of my time but you better believe I’d pick up a mess (granted, my messes are not as messy as this house) if I were having people over especially if it was a news crew. Looks like she had time to get her nails done. 

im organize chaos, this place looks like musters met adams met the shop the dad bought gizmo at, i collect,

i clean sweep and mop daily, i dont like flith, and clothes like that are either dirty or getting dirty, but nails are very important and are great for typing a gofundme.

i can about bet this is a much bigger story and ghosts are not part of it.

$5000 go fund me to move out due to paranormal activity? Ha!

While I won't say they hoaxed the footage, I believe they are milking the known limitations of the camera and jumping to conclusions. (See abovementioned analysis of the video)

Babies scratch themselves all the time. The blurry picture of the scratches doesn't help. It almost looks like makeup or possibly bruising from a slap. I hope neither, but that can't be ruled out.

MayhemMeter : 

99.99999% normal

.00001% paranormal 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

Sure, if you’re determined you just make sure you land on your head and break your neck. Chris Cornell hung himself with the sash of a hotel bathrobe from the headboard of the bed while sitting on it.

I can see the suffocation would work, (god forbid) but I know at least two people who’ve broken their neck and theyre  fine, besides having a broken neck :lol:. I feel its more of theatrical for attention jumping through a one story window.

edit: also, the baby looked in a different direction than the supposed ghost, from what psychics say about children being super in tune with the beyond, this little fellah was in his own world.

Edited by AstralHorus