Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michigan couple capture 'ghost' on nanny cam

UM-Bot

The comments on the gofundme page are harsh - and rightly so. The kid has bruises and lives in filth, the ceiling is collapsing and they won't clean up for news cameras, they beg for handouts - major red flags all around.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, moonman said:

The kid has bruises and lives in filth

So this "haunting" might be a cover for child abuse.. nice. <_<

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, moonman said:

The comments on the gofundme page are harsh - and rightly so. The kid has bruises and lives in filth, the ceiling is collapsing and they won't clean up for news cameras, they beg for handouts - major red flags all around.

yep...but mom got dollied up...that mattered a lot.

• Thanks 1

i do feel badly for the child, but mooching irks me, i had to give up a 35 year friendship over his mooching, i couldnt afford his friendship.

and this threads story might get spotlight from places they didnt want.

they live in their parents guest house likely for free and im curious what the grandparents think of all this, its not a reach to wonder why they havent tossed in their 2 cents.

Edited by the13bats
added info

6 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

I can see the suffocation would work, (god forbid) but I know at least two people who’ve broken their neck and theyre  fine, besides having a broken neck :lol:. I feel its more of theatrical for attention jumping through a one story window.

edit: also, the baby looked in a different direction than the supposed ghost, from what psychics say about children being super in tune with the beyond, this little fellah was in his own world.

Yeah I know a couple of people that broke their necks too. One a car accident another high school wrestling. Both cracking a vertebra.  That’s not going to be the same as going 15 feet straight down and landing on the crown of your head with 180 pounds behind it. Impact like that will push your spine down a few inches and twist your head nearly off. Not going to survive that. Not arguing about a ghost just challenging someone’s assumption that you couldn’t kill your self jumping out a 2nd floor window. If you were determined to die that would be plenty.

• Like 2

well sure people just fall down and die, they might not have wanted to but $hit happens,

again i wonder what the owners of the guest house have to say about it all.

42 minutes ago, the13bats said:

well sure people just fall down and die, they might not have wanted to but $hit happens,

again i wonder what the owners of the guest house have to say about it all.

After watching the video again I believe the guy at the end of the video is Josh’s dad. He’s the one explaining the “history” of the home.  So I guess he believes.

Edited by SecretSanta

4 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

After watching the video again I believe the guy at the end of the video is Josh’s dad. He’s the one explaining the “history”. So I guess he believes.

oops, i thought he was the ghost hunter

Very creepy.

I believe it.  Hardly have any doubt about it.  Spirits are very real...ghosts, energies, or what-have-you -- very, very real.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Very creepy.

I believe it.  Hardly have any doubt about it.  

I agree with you in that such phenomena exists beyond reasonable doubt.

Now any one case like this one can be faked or be a misinterpretation of normal phenomena but I feel the chance of ALL of the stories, observations, investigations, photos and videos being faked or misinterpreted known phenomena approaches zero. I have to believe (beyond reasonable doubt) what  you said below is correct.

10 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Spirits are very real...ghosts, energies, or what-have-you -- very, very real.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I agree with you in that such phenomena exists beyond reasonable doubt.

Now any one case like this one can be faked or be a misinterpretation of normal phenomena but I feel the chance of ALL of the stories, observations, investigations, photos and videos being faked or misinterpreted known phenomena approaches zero. I have to believe (beyond reasonable doubt) what  you said below is correct.

Well, yeah, it can be faked.  But I do believe spirits are real. 

In this case?  No, I wouldn’t think much of it. Didn’t even watch the video the whole way through to see what happened or connect the dots so to speak.  But come to think of it, it’s outrageous being most probably this actually was child abuse...  Earlier, I only watched enough of the clip to see what looked like an apparition and it creeped me out based on things I’ve actually seen or things I thought I saw. 

I guess child abuse didn’t register in my mind that very second because (1) didn’t watch the video intently or to the end to think anything of it—wasn’t even mindful about it tbh—and (2) I can’t really imagine someone being abusive to who looks like a baby not even a year old yet... 

I guess lack of sleep, having experienced what felt like similar encounters, and merely skimming through clips without the volume on in the video will cause serious misjudgment. 

Definitely bothered by the video now that I’m realizing it’s a hoax. Had to read some of the other comments to really understand what happened. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tmx3 said:

Well, yeah, it can be faked.  But I do believe spirits are real. 

In this case?  No, I wouldn’t think much of it. Didn’t even watch the video the whole way through to see what happened or connect the dots so to speak.  But come to think of it, it’s outrageous being most probably this actually was child abuse...  Earlier, I only watched enough of the clip to see what looked like an apparition and it creeped me out based on things I’ve actually seen or things I thought I saw. 

I guess child abuse didn’t register in my mind that very second because (1) didn’t watch the video intently or to the end to think anything of it—wasn’t even mindful about it tbh—and (2) I can’t really imagine someone being abusive to who looks like a baby not even a year old yet... 

I guess lack of sleep, having experienced what felt like similar encounters, and merely skimming through clips without the volume on in the video will cause serious misjudgment. 

Definitely bothered by the video now that I’m realizing it’s a hoax. Had to read some of the other comments to really understand what happened. 

tmx3, at this point child abuse would seem an extremely thin possibility. If they are trying to hide child abuse they are inviting now international publicity into their private affairs??? And the TV station would run this story and present it in in the way they did if they suspected child abuse?? 

What unfortunately happens on this forum is that  there are people taking the stand that nothing paranormal exists so they find whatever angle they can find to attack every story. 

Watch the whole video (it is not very long) and tell me whether child abuse should be anything but a remote possibility in this case. It is a theory being manufactured out of almost thin air. I believe this is likely a real haunting.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

tmx3, at this point child abuse would seem an extremely thin possibility. If they are trying to hide child abuse they are inviting now international publicity into their private affairs??? And the TV station would run this story and present it in in the way they did if they suspected child abuse?? 

What unfortunately happens on this forum is that  there are people taking the stand that nothing paranormal exists so they find whatever angle they can find to attack every story. 

Watch the whole video (it is not very long) and tell me whether child abuse should be anything but a remote possibility in this case. It is a theory being manufactured out of almost thin air. I believe this is likely a real haunting.

Did you see the link I provided by Kenny Biddle (same guy who found plagiarism in a report done by a British poltergeist hunting team)?

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/michigan_nanny_cam_lsquoghostrsquo_most_likely_mom_or_dad

All here is a review of the camera the family used. Look at ALL the motion blur when in night mode.

I don’t necessarily think it’s child abuse but definitely an opportunity for them to try and make money. Personally, I get a weird vibe off the parents.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This is the statement of a true ignoramus who couldn't "cold read" a emoticon.  One that is completely uncaring and emotionally retarded. 

Do you have any type of powers of observation, deduction, or critical thinking skills whatsoever?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Very creepy.

I believe it.  Hardly have any doubt about it.  Spirits are very real...ghosts, energies, or what-have-you -- very, very real.

I agree. I’ve had some small experience and associations with the phenomenon. Now whether it’s the spirits of dead people that’s another matter. There are other explanations such as ultra low frequency sounds or electrical fields that mess with perception. People have actually reported seeing ghosts of people who still live. 

What I do know is that some of it is real and people that scoff at every single instance of it like some of our fellow UM’ers are either understandably ignorant or very closed minded or even just chronically negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i get that weird vibe too and while i doubt this haunting hoax was dreamed up to hide abuse i do hope since so much light has been placed on the case with many red flags the HRS will investigate which is a perfectly acceptable approach especially since what biddle posted concerning the gofundme that the mom stated needed money to move for daughters safety from paranormal attacks ( likely paraphrased )

if mom is stating daughter is in possible harms way that is an issue, and true believers like pg will line up to agree spirits and ghosts could do great harm to the child, doesnt make it true and not a bunch of bull.

i believe this was a simple mooch scam that wasnt thought out and blew way up and they likely wish they had not pulled it.

just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

This is the statement of a true ignoramus who couldn't "cold read" a emoticon.  One that is completely uncaring and emotionally retarded. 

Do you have any type of powers of observation, deduction, or critical thinking skills whatsoever?  

Actually, the above is the statement of a true ignoramus who couldn't 'cold read' an emoticon if it might suggest a ghost video. One that is  completely uncaring of objective analysis and emotionally very immature (again and again and prone to lashing wildly when a pet subject is discussed).

And, yes, I hold 'reason' to be my strong suit.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I agree. I’ve had some small experience and associations with the phenomenon. Now whether it’s the spirits of dead people that’s another matter. There are other explanations such as ultra low frequency sounds or electrical fields that mess with perception. People have actually reported seeing ghosts of people who still live. 

What I do know is that some of it is real and people that scoff at every single instance of it like some of our fellow UM’ers are either understandably ignorant or very closed minded or even just chronically negative.

the bold was great, i agree the pokes and jabs added nothing...

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I agree with you in that such phenomena exists beyond reasonable doubt

I don’t agree with you often but this is correct. It’s a bit like UFO’s, there can be no doubt they exist. There are many possibilities of  what they may be though.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

And, yes, I hold 'reason' to be my strong suit.

If the definition of "complete bias" is "reason". I tend to agree. 

• Like 4

phenomenon even unexplained isnt by default paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i believe this was a simple mooch scam that wasnt thought out and blew way up and they likely wish they had not pulled it.

I agree 100 percent. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Apparently I have some back reading to do here. Maybe tomorrow, my guitar is calling me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Did you see the link I provided by Kenny Biddle (same guy who found plagiarism in a report done by a British poltergeist hunting team)?

https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/michigan_nanny_cam_lsquoghostrsquo_most_likely_mom_or_dad

All here is a review of the camera the family used. Look at ALL the motion blur when in night mode.

I don’t necessarily think it’s child abuse but definitely an opportunity for them to try and make money. Personally, I get a weird vibe off the parents.

First off, if it is csicop I know what I am getting: a best attempt to dismiss anything paranormal/crypto/alien and not an overall objective consideration. However, we should still 'consider' what debunkers say. 

He uncovered nothing truly damning but points to consider. He thinks the parents might be looking at themselves and a simple test by the  parents could disprove (whether they did disprove it themselves with a test we are not told in the unthorough coverage). Plus one would think they know by the time and circumstances if that makes sense. And they would be familiar with that one would suspect. The other accusation that they are scammers can't be discounted but one must also give credit to the intelligence of the television team too to not propagate something too suspicious.

Papameter holds at: 64% Chance of Paranormal       36% Chance of only normal