Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
marsman

Are vegans hypocrites?

154 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

marsman
Posted (edited)

Cows, pigs and chickens would be extinct by now if it wasnt for man farming them.......so why dont vegans care about all the insects....flies...worms and snails.....killed by mans poisons to make their precious veggies look presentable?

 

controversial topic i know.......lol

 

 

 

Edited by marsman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, marsman said:

Cows, pigs and chickens would be extinct by now if it wasnt for man farming them.......so why dont vegans care about all the insects....flies...worms and snails.....killed by mans poisons to make their precious veggies look presentable?

They don't realized organic pesticides are still pesticides. :yes:

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Veganism is anti-evolution. We started using fire because we started eating meat. We evolved as omnivorous creatures and their health problems come from the lack of enzymes our bodies need. 

 

thumbs up buddy

Edited by marsman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

thumb p buddy

The over consumption of soy is causing digestive system breakdown in vegans. Why the Japanese can eat so much of it is because of the amount of fish they eat replacing the lost enzymes. I have the Harvard study somewhere. I have to find it. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

from my link

Taken together, what emerges is the following picture: a member of species X has begun to adopt all sorts of personally-costly behaviors (like avoiding certain types of food or tools) in order to attempt to avoid reducing the welfare of pretty much any other living organisms, irrespective of their identity. Further still, that member of species X is not content with just personally behaving in such a manner: she has also taken it upon herself to attempt to try and regulate the behavior of others around her to do similarly, morally condemning them if they do not. That latter factor is especially curious, given that most other members of her species are not so inclined. This means her moral stance could potentially threaten otherwise-valuable social ties, and is unlikely to receive the broad social support capable of reducing the costs inherent in moral condemnation. I would like to stress again how absolutely bizarre such behavior would seem to be if we observed it in pretty much any other species.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, marsman said:

from my link

Taken together, what emerges is the following picture: a member of species X has begun to adopt all sorts of personally-costly behaviors (like avoiding certain types of food or tools) in order to attempt to avoid reducing the welfare of pretty much any other living organisms, irrespective of their identity. Further still, that member of species X is not content with just personally behaving in such a manner: she has also taken it upon herself to attempt to try and regulate the behavior of others around her to do similarly, morally condemning them if they do not. That latter factor is especially curious, given that most other members of her species are not so inclined. This means her moral stance could potentially threaten otherwise-valuable social ties, and is unlikely to receive the broad social support capable of reducing the costs inherent in moral condemnation. I would like to stress again how absolutely bizarre such behavior would seem to be if we observed it in pretty much any other species.

In laymen's terms "Darwining yourself out". 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

vegan.....translates as.....lousy hunter.....lol

we have canine teeth.....designed to eat flesh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, marsman said:

vegan.....translates as.....lousy hunter.....lol

we have canine teeth.....designed to eat flesh

Actually, I have them Northern Asian shovel incisors designed to eat fish but I wouldn't pass up pork teriyaki. :yes:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

I Eat everything....meat...fish....and veggies....and enjoy it....but i dont ever feel the need to preach to the veggie lovers.....but they love to preach us who eat meat are murderers.....i....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
8 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Canines really have nothing to do with meat eating. Lots of primates have huge canines and are almost exclusively herbivores, e.g. gorillas, gelada baboons. In both of these cases, large canines are a result of sexual selection. Intestine length is a better indicator of whether an animal is a carnivore, herbivore, omnivore, whatever. 

 

some primates eat others.....even gorillas will eat bugs....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
4 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

some primates eat others.....even gorillas will eat bugs....

Pardon me, but the last time I checked, bugs are NOT classed as primates. So what is your point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Just now, marsman said:

 

some primates eat others.....even gorillas will eat bugs....

Yes, but a gorillas canines are no aid in eating bugs. Gorillas have a longer small intestine that is used to help digest foliage, which makes up over 90% of their diet. 

Chimpanzees, which hunt monkeys and even other chimps, have a shorter small intestine, better suited for digesting meat.

Gelada Baboons feed almost exclusively on grass. They, like gorillas, have longer intestines than you'd see in chimpanzees.

In all of these animals, were you to assume canine=meat eater, you would think they would all three be carnivores. You would be wrong. All mammals have canines, but canine size is not correlated with diet. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
15 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Canines really have nothing to do with meat eating. Lots of primates have huge canines and are almost exclusively herbivores, e.g. gorillas, gelada baboons. In both of these cases, large canines are a result of sexual selection. Intestine length is a better indicator of whether an animal is a carnivore, herbivore, omnivore, whatever. 

 

 

The apes have killed and eaten so many red colobus monkeys, the population has fallen by 89% and they are having to find new prey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150728-chimps-nearly-wiped-out-monkeys

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, marsman said:

 

 

The apes have killed and eaten so many red colobus monkeys, the population has fallen by 89% and they are having to find new prey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150728-chimps-nearly-wiped-out-monkeys

 

And?

This is addressed in my last post.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

And?

 

so.....they eat meat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

so.....they eat meat

I know. What's your point?

Are you disputing that canines are not an indicator of diet?

Or that intestine length is a better indicator?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I know. What's your point?

 

evolution meant species.....eat other specie......so....are vegans hypocrites....as per the thread title?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
14 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

evolution meant species.....eat other specie......so....are vegans hypocrites....as per the thread title?

Evolution means a change in the allele frequency of a given population over time.

Yes, some species eat others. Yes humans are omnivores. 

You said earlier that "we have canines designed to eat meat". That is not true. Canines are not designed to eat meat and are not an indicator of an animals type of diet.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
11 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Evolution means a change in the allele frequency of a given population over time.

Yes, some species eat others. Yes humans are omnivores. 

You said earlier that "we have canines designed to eat meat". That is not true. Canines are not designed to eat meat and are not an indicator of an animals type of diet.

 

heterodont dentition.....google-it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, marsman said:

 

heterodont dentition.....google-it

So?

Again, you are missing the point.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
4 hours ago, marsman said:

I Eat everything....meat...fish....and veggies....and enjoy it....but i dont ever feel the need to preach to the veggie lovers.....but they love to preach us who eat meat are murderers.....i....

61XHQNYNZ5L.jpg.f79b23fcd13dee66c333e8d8c265ccec.jpg

meat isnt murder morrissey is murder.

back in the 80s a rather ego driven attention junkie escentric for show guy i knew would make a big deal how he didnt eat meat, he would pull up in his car by the clubs out door making sure the people heading to dennys saw him eating his vegan pita, he drifted into the rave scene and i didnt see him for many years then he pops up in a record store, he had been average build now hes at least 150lbs heavier, i asked geez what happened he said he was fighting a bad diabetes condition and made it clear that his doctors were stupid and clueless for blaming his condition on his vegan diet.

i have no idea if that was accurate he was also one of the biggest habitual liars i ever met.

me, i have all kinds of bowel problems some related to nervious issues, i tend to eat a lot of fish, rice veggies, i just dont like much of any cow or pork, but will eat it here and there, and i dont care what the next guy eats.

the flaw with radical vegans saying meat is murder are misding the fact they kill plants to eat.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3
11 hours ago, marsman said:

Cows, pigs and chickens would be extinct by now if it wasnt for man farming them.......so why dont vegans care about all the insects....flies...worms and snails.....killed by mans poisons to make their precious veggies look presentable?

 

controversial topic i know.......lol

 

Buy organic, pesticide-free whole foods.

“Toxic persistent pesticides and many other agricultural chemicals are prohibited.”

And if it's that serious, grow your own food; don't use pesticides. Most vegans are aware of this. Why this is even a post, I don't get it. It's like you're looking to troll people instead of having a relevant argument to make.

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/about-our-products/organic-food/organic-food-faq#organicmeans

Link is to prove buying such foods is possible.

 

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Veganism is anti-evolution. We started using fire because we started eating meat. We evolved as omnivorous creatures and their health problems come from the lack of enzymes our bodies need. 

 

Wrong. Vegan/vegetarian lifestyle doesn't take away from the enzymes necessary for the body to function—and to function well.

Fruits and vegetables are commonly consumed in their raw, natural form. This alleviates the overarching issue with animal-based enzymes by preserving the integrity of the enzymes themselves. Additionally, plant-based digestive enzymes are effective over a broad scope of pH levels. This range is generally believed to be between 3.0 and 9.0, which is highly compatible with the human gastrointestinal environment. As a result, plant-based enzymes are well-suited for supporting comprehensive digestive health.

Four important enzymes often found in plants are protease, amylase, lipase and cellulose. Protease breaks down protein that can be present in meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese and nuts. Amylase assists your body with the breakdown and subsequent absorption of carbohydrates and starches. Lipase aids the digestion of fat. When your diet includes lipase-rich foods, it eases the production burden on the gall bladder, liver and pancreas. Cellulase is present in many fruits and vegetables, and it breaks down food fibers, which increases their nutritional value to our bodies. The presence of cellulase in plant-based sources is important, because it is not naturally present in the human body.

Fruits and vegetables are an ideal source for enzymes. They are enzyme-rich and easily consumed without needing to be cooked or processed, ultimately preserving the full functionality of the enzymes.”

https://enzymedica.com/blogs/naturaldigestivehealth/sources-of-enzymes-animal-plant-fungal

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.