Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are vegans hypocrites?

marsman

6 hours ago, marsman said:

Cows, pigs and chickens would be extinct by now if it wasnt for man farming them.......so why dont vegans care about all the insects....flies...worms and snails.....killed by mans poisons to make their precious veggies look presentable?

Some do and some don't. Veganism centers around the reduction of suffering. No logical vegan should be prancing around acting like they are the pinnacle of morality and contribute nothing to the deaths of other animals. How is this hypocritical? 

As @tmx3 said, this reduction of suffering can be taken to an even further extent by avoiding pesticides

• Like 1

'Are vegans hypocrites?' I expect some are, some aren't ...... just like any other group you care to name. People are people. Lumping all vegans together as being exactly the same is just immature.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Buy organic, pesticide-free whole foods.

“Toxic persistent pesticides and many other agricultural chemicals are prohibited.”

And if it's that serious, grow your own food; don't use pesticides. Most vegans are aware of this. Why this is even a post, I don't get it. It's like you're looking to troll people instead of having a relevant argument to make.

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/about-our-products/organic-food/organic-food-faq#organicmeans

Link is to prove buying such foods is possible.

Wrong. Vegan/vegetarian lifestyle doesn't take away from the enzymes necessary for the body to function—and to function well.

Fruits and vegetables are commonly consumed in their raw, natural form. This alleviates the overarching issue with animal-based enzymes by preserving the integrity of the enzymes themselves. Additionally, plant-based digestive enzymes are effective over a broad scope of pH levels. This range is generally believed to be between 3.0 and 9.0, which is highly compatible with the human gastrointestinal environment. As a result, plant-based enzymes are well-suited for supporting comprehensive digestive health.

Four important enzymes often found in plants are protease, amylase, lipase and cellulose. Protease breaks down protein that can be present in meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese and nuts. Amylase assists your body with the breakdown and subsequent absorption of carbohydrates and starches. Lipase aids the digestion of fat. When your diet includes lipase-rich foods, it eases the production burden on the gall bladder, liver and pancreas. Cellulase is present in many fruits and vegetables, and it breaks down food fibers, which increases their nutritional value to our bodies. The presence of cellulase in plant-based sources is important, because it is not naturally present in the human body.

Fruits and vegetables are an ideal source for enzymes. They are enzyme-rich and easily consumed without needing to be cooked or processed, ultimately preserving the full functionality of the enzymes.”

https://enzymedica.com/blogs/naturaldigestivehealth/sources-of-enzymes-animal-plant-fungal

Nice thought but most of it is smoke and mirrors to affirm a position. I am a meat eater, so what it is a preference and not a biological aspect of being a human.

Butchering a pig on the farm is a part of life and even though one smells the decomposing flesh and flies are buzzing around the body,I still like bacon and ham roast with veggies

jmccr8.

• Like 3

My girlfriend is a veggie.

She simply dosent like to cause suffering to sentient creatures.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

My girlfriend is a veggie.

She simply dosent like to cause suffering to sentient creatures.

I'm a sentient creature*.  Not being able to eat meat every day would cause me intense suffering :P 

* for a given definition of sentience, anyway :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Wrong. Vegan/vegetarian lifestyle doesn't take away from the enzymes necessary for the body to function—and to function well.

Do you want to give me a medical study and not a blog without citations. :rolleyes:

Do you want to know the difference between "alternative medicine" and "Traditional medicine"?  We actually practice medicine. :yes:

6 hours ago, tmx3 said:

Link is to prove buying such foods is possible.

I don't even want to discuss "Whole Foods" they are liars.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/05/25/9-ways-whole-foods-lying-you-11308

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Do you want to give me a medical study and not a blog without citations. :rolleyes:

Do you want to know the difference between "alternative medicine" and "Traditional medicine"?  We actually practice medicine. :yes:

I don't even want to discuss "Whole Foods" they are liars.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/05/25/9-ways-whole-foods-lying-you-11308

Yeah, just wait for me I'll have a whole book ready for you.

2 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

Yeah, just wait for me I'll have a whole book ready for you.

Did you study medicine and health at a actual medical school?  Are you a multi-generational Herbalist and read the actual studies by Harvard and Penn? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Did you study medicine and health at a actual medical school?  Are you a multi-generational Herbalist and read the actual studies by Harvard and Penn? 

I didn't study medicine but can give you contact info of vegan doctors who also promote a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, and what I can offer you is some common sense so you don't go around misleading the population into thinking vegetarianism is bad for your health because you learned the word "enzyme".  Harvard has had articles promoting vegetarianism, so it seems that you're the one who didn't read them.

And unless you've gone to medical school, which is something anyone can learn, and have been part of a multi-generational Herbalist type of community and have read Harvard's crap -- which it's looking like you didn't -- then I wouldn't even ask a question like that if I were you.

Edited by tmx3
wrong word choice
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tmx3 said:

And unless you've gone to medical school, which is something anyone can learn, and have been part of a multi-generational Herbalist type of community and have read Harvard's crap -- which it's looking like you didn't -- then I wouldn't even ask a question like that if I were you.

I have read Harvard's "crap". The study on Traditional medicine was done by a friend of mine there. Rutledge Ellis-Benke. Who also invented the "genetically modified" corn which kept half of Africa from starving. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

Harvard has had articles promoting vegetarianism, so it seems that you're the one who didn't read them.

No, It's not my area of interest. But I would like to see them. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GoodReality said:

Veganism centers around the reduction of suffering.

so does modern farming practice.  with exception of battery chickens....farmed animals have a natural life in the pastures......they get veterinary care....and swift humane death......wild animals get no care

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, marsman said:

so does modern farming practice.  with exception of battery chickens....farmed animals have a natural life in the pastures......they get veterinary care....and swift humane death......wild animals get no care

:hmm: You've never been on a farm, have you? If you had, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

:hmm: You've never been on a farm, have you? If you had, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

i spent my entire younger life surrounded by farms.....had weekend jobs on them too

• Like 3

If it wasn't for us carnivores, none of those cute, cuddly lambs gamboling about the spring fields would ever see the sun.  Because they'd never exist .....

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

How many ranches were you on in the American West?

By the way, your being exceptionally childish. You were misinformed, you were corrected. Get over it. :yes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marsman said:

I would not exactly say that .

On smaller family owned farms sure, but not on many of the massive agriculture industry farms. 

Image result for how are cows treated in farms

You have to pay extra to get "free-range" meat. Which I do gladly. Free-range is it's own term because the typical mass produced animal factories do not do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is another example:

and disclosure - I have never stepped on a farm myself lol. However, I feel like these pictures can't be total fakes, plus once again Free range is it's own term for a reason. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

On smaller family owned farms sure, but not on many of the massive agriculture industry farms. 

That looks like a dairy. But since I only mucked with horses, I never worked for one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

That looks like a dairy. But since I only mucked with horses, I never worked for one. 

Yea, I've never been to a farm so this is not my area of expertise. 

I am just skeptical of massive companies caring too much about the livestock conditions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I would not exactly say that .

You have to pay extra to get "free-range" meat. Which I do gladly. Free-range is it's own term because the typical mass produced animal factories do not do that. 

your images provide no context.....were they gathered like that for a few hours before milking?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Here is another example:

and disclosure - I have never stepped on a farm myself lol. However, I feel like these pictures can't be total fakes, plus once again Free range is it's own term for a reason. 

and my earlier post did mention the exception of farmed chickens

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I am just skeptical of massive companies caring too much about the livestock conditions. 

Sick livestock means lost profits. Insurance companies don't pay out for diseases. So I can see them caring to a extent.  

On the other hand the chicken industry is pretty brutal. I only buy my eggs and chickens from friends.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3