Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brunei introduces strict Sharia laws

Eldorado

"Adultery and gay sex will be punishable by stoning to death and the limbs of convicted thieves will be amputated under a new law set to come into effect from next week in the tiny southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei.

A new strict Sharia penal code is to be enforced from next Wednesday defying heavy criticism that has kept the brutal provisions on hold for the last four years.

Homosexuality is already illegal in the former British protectorate, but now it will become a capital offence. The law only applies to Muslims and punishment will also be “witnessed by a group of Muslims.”"

Full report at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/28/brunei-set-introduce-death-stoning-adultery-gay-sex/

AT WPTV Miami: https://www.wptv.com/news/world/brunei-to-punish-homosexual-sex-and-adultery-with-death-penalty-by-stoning

• Sad 1

Sounds a nice, peaceful place to raise a family and be happy... not.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brunei was not that strickt in the past. What happened? 

Anyway, any one way tickets to Mars still available? One, please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Sounds a nice, peaceful place to raise a family and be happy... not.  

it's a wonderful place if you are a Muslim, and its citizen. or if you are a visitor and follow their rules.  it's on my to go list.

1 hour ago, aztek said:

it's a wonderful place if you are a Muslim, and its citizen. or if you are a visitor and follow their rules.  it's on my to go list.

I'll take your word for it but I don't care to travel to any place where they stone human beings to death or amputate their limbs for a crime.  No matter what the crime may be.  Execute a proven murderer, sure.  Throw stones at women, (let's be honest about who'd be punished) NO.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, and then said:

I'll take your word for it but I don't care to travel to any place where they stone human beings to death or amputate their limbs for a crime.  No matter what the crime may be.  Execute a proven murderer, sure.  Throw stones at women, (let's be honest about who'd be punished) NO.

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Related news....

"Sir Elton John has backed George Clooney's call to boycott hotels owned by Brunei, following new laws that make gay sex punishable by death.

The laws, which come into force on 3 April, mean anyone found guilty of homosexual sex or adultery in the tiny southeast Asian country could be stoned or whipped to death."

Source (Sky News): https://news.sky.com/story/sir-elton-john-backs-clooney-boycott-call-over-bruneis-gay-sex-law-11680080

At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/elton-john-joins-call-for-boycott-of-sultan-of-bruneis-hotels

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 9:08 PM, aztek said:

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

Utter piffle ! That is False Equivalence

The UK doesn't do either of those things, and WE find the laws of Brunei to be barbaric, pre-medieval and repugnant. American should do likewise. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Utter piffle ! That is False Equivalence

The UK doesn't do either of those things, and WE find the laws of Brunei to be barbaric, pre-medieval and repugnant. American should do likewise. 

you are no better than us, in fact i think you are worst.   you do the same things we do, we are allies, you bomb and kill innocents just like we do overseas.  

the concept of False Equivalence. does not apply here. your  moral high horse is dead for a long time

Edited by aztek

13 hours ago, aztek said:

you are no better than us, in fact i think you are worst.   you do the same things we do, we are allies, you bomb and kill innocents just like we do overseas.  

the concept of False Equivalence. does not apply here. your  moral high horse is dead for a long time

The concept of False Equivalence certainly DOES apply here !

On 3/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, aztek said:

The morals I spoke of were personal to me, not the country.  I don't think the situation with the cops is quite as bad as you do but I could be wrong...it's certainly been the case in the past.  

On 3/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, aztek said:

:unsure:  wow.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:13 AM, aztek said:

:unsure::unsure: double wow

The law only applies to Muslims the article says.  So if you're caught in the act you can just claim to be non religious and get away with it can you?

• Like 2

What is scarier is that if someone really wanted to implicate you falsely they only have to convince three others to give evidence that you did something (that you didn’t in fact do) and you could be looking at a death sentence.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

The law only applies to Muslims the article says.  So if you're caught in the act you can just claim to be non religious and get away with it can you?

Non-Muslims aren't subject to Sharia Law, afaik. If they knew you were gay but also not Muslim, they may just beat your relentlessly. Homosexuality is very "harram".

Looking forward to more chaos as Islam butts heads with the SJW agenda and the PC crowd folds like a house of cards.

School revolt as Muslim parents object to LGBT equality classes for their children and petition for the subject to be dropped from the curriculum

Islam and Christianity find common ground here. Where the Christians have failed, Islam is beginning to curb the tide of propaganda. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Non-Muslims aren't subject to Sharia Law, afaik. If they knew you were gay but also not Muslim, they may just beat your relentlessly. Homosexuality is very "harram".

Looking forward to more chaos as Islam butts heads with the SJW agenda and the PC crowd folds like a house of cards.

School revolt as Muslim parents object to LGBT equality classes for their children and petition for the subject to be dropped from the curriculum

Islam and Christianity find common ground here. Where the Christians have failed, Islam is beginning to curb the tide of propaganda. 

The day a Govt allows religious beliefs to influence law and regulations is the day civilisation starts taking backward steps.

Non-Muslims are not exempt — they face exactly the same punishments for adultery or sodomy if their partner is Muslim. It is not clear if two non-Muslims would be punished.

42 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The day a Govt allows religious beliefs to influence law and regulations is the day civilisation starts taking backward steps.

were living under a rock for last 2 decades, it already has.

but that is not always bad, what is bad is putting mental disorder  as something positive, and influence regulations and laws

27 minutes ago, aztek said:

were living under a rock for last 2 decades, it already has.

but that is not always bad, what is bad is putting mental disorder  as something positive, and influence regulations and laws

Talk about living under a rock for the last 2 decades.  Homosexuality WAS DISMISSED as a mental disorder more than 2 decades ago.

link

• Like 1

This is what happens when oil revenues are so high that government can go off on all kinds of tangents without having to concentrate on running a country properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

This is what happens when oil revenues are so high that government can go off on all kinds of tangents without having to concentrate on running a country properly.

Remember when kids just went to school to learn to read and write effectively, perform mathematics at a level to allow them to function in the world or to achieve advanced degrees and become engineers and so on?  Schools are not the proper location to be teaching children WHAT to believe.  It should be about learning basic skills to function in life with as little social programming as possible.  In America, we've gone completely off that path and our scores in comparison to other nations are indicative of that.

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Shows how toothless the UN is. He really should be overthrow and locked away. Money has a loud voice it seems. Handed back his degree, geez. If he believes Sharia is valid he shouldn't have it to begin with. I wonder if he also suffers from the delusion that the gay lifestyle is a mental disorder. The man is a disgrace to humanity as a whole. 

• Like 2