Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Brunei introduces strict Sharia laws

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"Adultery and gay sex will be punishable by stoning to death and the limbs of convicted thieves will be amputated under a new law set to come into effect from next week in the tiny southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei.

A new strict Sharia penal code is to be enforced from next Wednesday defying heavy criticism that has kept the brutal provisions on hold for the last four years.

Homosexuality is already illegal in the former British protectorate, but now it will become a capital offence. The law only applies to Muslims and punishment will also be “witnessed by a group of Muslims.”"

Full report at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/28/brunei-set-introduce-death-stoning-adultery-gay-sex/

AT WPTV Miami: https://www.wptv.com/news/world/brunei-to-punish-homosexual-sex-and-adultery-with-death-penalty-by-stoning

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

Sounds a nice, peaceful place to raise a family and be happy... not.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas

Brunei was not that strickt in the past. What happened? 

Anyway, any one way tickets to Mars still available? One, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
4 hours ago, and then said:

Sounds a nice, peaceful place to raise a family and be happy... not.  

it's a wonderful place if you are a Muslim, and its citizen. or if you are a visitor and follow their rules.  it's on my to go list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, aztek said:

it's a wonderful place if you are a Muslim, and its citizen. or if you are a visitor and follow their rules.  it's on my to go list.

I'll take your word for it but I don't care to travel to any place where they stone human beings to death or amputate their limbs for a crime.  No matter what the crime may be.  Execute a proven murderer, sure.  Throw stones at women, (let's be honest about who'd be punished) NO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, and then said:

I'll take your word for it but I don't care to travel to any place where they stone human beings to death or amputate their limbs for a crime.  No matter what the crime may be.  Execute a proven murderer, sure.  Throw stones at women, (let's be honest about who'd be punished) NO.

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Related news....

"Sir Elton John has backed George Clooney's call to boycott hotels owned by Brunei, following new laws that make gay sex punishable by death.

The laws, which come into force on 3 April, mean anyone found guilty of homosexual sex or adultery in the tiny southeast Asian country could be stoned or whipped to death."

Source (Sky News): https://news.sky.com/story/sir-elton-john-backs-clooney-boycott-call-over-bruneis-gay-sex-law-11680080

At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/elton-john-joins-call-for-boycott-of-sultan-of-bruneis-hotels

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 29/03/2019 at 9:08 PM, aztek said:

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

Utter piffle ! That is False Equivalence

The UK doesn't do either of those things, and WE find the laws of Brunei to be barbaric, pre-medieval and repugnant. American should do likewise. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Utter piffle ! That is False Equivalence

The UK doesn't do either of those things, and WE find the laws of Brunei to be barbaric, pre-medieval and repugnant. American should do likewise. 

 you are no better than us, in fact i think you are worst.   you do the same things we do, we are allies, you bomb and kill innocents just like we do overseas.  

the concept of False Equivalence. does not apply here. your  moral high horse is dead for a long time

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
13 hours ago, aztek said:

 you are no better than us, in fact i think you are worst.   you do the same things we do, we are allies, you bomb and kill innocents just like we do overseas.  

the concept of False Equivalence. does not apply here. your  moral high horse is dead for a long time

The concept of False Equivalence certainly DOES apply here !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 3/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, aztek said:

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

The morals I spoke of were personal to me, not the country.  I don't think the situation with the cops is quite as bad as you do but I could be wrong...it's certainly been the case in the past.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
On 3/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, aztek said:

we live in a country where police can kill basically anyone they want, and get away, and they do so, over a thousand a year. we live in a country whose military invaded dozen of countries and kills thousands of innocents all over the world,  i do not  think high horse morals work for us here.  there are much more examples but i'll stop at these 2

:unsure:  wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
On 4/2/2019 at 6:13 AM, aztek said:

 you are no better than us, in fact i think you are worst.   you do the same things we do, we are allies, you bomb and kill innocents just like we do overseas.  

the concept of False Equivalence. does not apply here. your  moral high horse is dead for a long time

:unsure::unsure: double wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil

The law only applies to Muslims the article says.  So if you're caught in the act you can just claim to be non religious and get away with it can you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susanc241

What is scarier is that if someone really wanted to implicate you falsely they only have to convince three others to give evidence that you did something (that you didn’t in fact do) and you could be looking at a death sentence.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

The law only applies to Muslims the article says.  So if you're caught in the act you can just claim to be non religious and get away with it can you?

Non-Muslims aren't subject to Sharia Law, afaik. If they knew you were gay but also not Muslim, they may just beat your relentlessly. Homosexuality is very "harram".

Looking forward to more chaos as Islam butts heads with the SJW agenda and the PC crowd folds like a house of cards.

School revolt as Muslim parents object to LGBT equality classes for their children and petition for the subject to be dropped from the curriculum

Islam and Christianity find common ground here. Where the Christians have failed, Islam is beginning to curb the tide of propaganda. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Non-Muslims aren't subject to Sharia Law, afaik. If they knew you were gay but also not Muslim, they may just beat your relentlessly. Homosexuality is very "harram".

Looking forward to more chaos as Islam butts heads with the SJW agenda and the PC crowd folds like a house of cards.

School revolt as Muslim parents object to LGBT equality classes for their children and petition for the subject to be dropped from the curriculum

Islam and Christianity find common ground here. Where the Christians have failed, Islam is beginning to curb the tide of propaganda. 

The day a Govt allows religious beliefs to influence law and regulations is the day civilisation starts taking backward steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Quote

Non-Muslims are not exempt — they face exactly the same punishments for adultery or sodomy if their partner is Muslim. It is not clear if two non-Muslims would be punished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
42 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The day a Govt allows religious beliefs to influence law and regulations is the day civilisation starts taking backward steps.

were living under a rock for last 2 decades, it already has.

but that is not always bad, what is bad is putting mental disorder  as something positive, and influence regulations and laws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
27 minutes ago, aztek said:

were living under a rock for last 2 decades, it already has.

but that is not always bad, what is bad is putting mental disorder  as something positive, and influence regulations and laws

Talk about living under a rock for the last 2 decades.  Homosexuality WAS DISMISSED as a mental disorder more than 2 decades ago.

link

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

This is what happens when oil revenues are so high that government can go off on all kinds of tangents without having to concentrate on running a country properly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

This is what happens when oil revenues are so high that government can go off on all kinds of tangents without having to concentrate on running a country properly.

Remember when kids just went to school to learn to read and write effectively, perform mathematics at a level to allow them to function in the world or to achieve advanced degrees and become engineers and so on?  Schools are not the proper location to be teaching children WHAT to believe.  It should be about learning basic skills to function in life with as little social programming as possible.  In America, we've gone completely off that path and our scores in comparison to other nations are indicative of that.

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101

Shows how toothless the UN is. He really should be overthrow and locked away. Money has a loud voice it seems. Handed back his degree, geez. If he believes Sharia is valid he shouldn't have it to begin with. I wonder if he also suffers from the delusion that the gay lifestyle is a mental disorder. The man is a disgrace to humanity as a whole. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.