Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
marsman

AI can predict when people will die

6 posts in this topic

marsman

Google AI can predict when people will die with ‘95 per cent accuracy’

Medical Brain uses artificial intelligence algorithm to predict the likelihood of death of hospital patients

Google’s reach into almost all aspects of people’s digital lives – from email and search, to maps and calendars – means there isn’t much it doesn’t know about its 1.17 billion users. And now, the technology giant might even know when you’re going to die.

The company’s Medical Brain team is using a new type of artificial intelligence algorithm to make predictions about the likelihood of death among hospital patients.

A paper published last month in the journal Nature detailed how its predictive algorithm used vast data sets to determine whether inpatients will survive in two different hospitals.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-ai-predict-when-die-death-date-medical-brain-deepmind-a8405826.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stiff

Which begs the question of that age old dilemma - given the choice, would you want to know when you're going to die?

Most people would say a definite 'NO' but I think it would have it's merits, especially in organization and preparation for death. If it's going to be soon then it's time to get your finger out, prepare and try to come to terms with the implications for yourself and for loved ones/friends etc. If it's not that soon then you can carry on enjoying life to the full knowing that you've been (kind of) granted an extended grace. Of course, that doesn't include the chance of accidents, murders etc which is a whole other ball game.

Would 'I' want to know? Hell, I'm not sure. My head says yes but my heart says no. I think until that situation was ever put in front of me it's a really tough call. For anybody.

• Like 1

EBE Hybrid

I think that we'll all have a fairly good idea how long we have left when Google sell the data to insurance companies, when cost of your life insurance premiums leaps, you know that it's time to start working your way through your bucket list!

• Like 2

jowasmus

I'm curious. If it was right 93% at 1 hospital & 95% at the other, was it wrong and the patient lived, or did they die early? Could have been malpractice. LOL

InconceivableThoughts

Personally i would like to know how i die something like the movie "Big Fish".

• Like 2

EBE Hybrid
4 hours ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Personally i would like to know how i die something like the movie "Big Fish".

Or like "The Brand New Testament", crazy fun movie. God's daughter gets fed up with being cooped up in the family apartment in Brussels, so hacks into God's computer and sends out text messages to everyone telling them how much time they have left.

Great film, very humorous