Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Concrete pyramids?

7 hours ago, WVK said:

To be clear, are you saying the the issue hasn't been fully resolved but could be?

No, not in the least. From a geological and archaeological perspective, there is no issue. The comment was in regards to addressing the perpetual complaint from the geopolymer proponents that they are not allowed to destructively procure larger sample sizes.

Photomicroscopy and related technologies could be utilized to demonstrate not only the range of geological contexts and attributes involved, but also the association of given larger specimens with their geological/quarry origin. Another approach to a well-needed geological education.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

No, not in the least. From a geological and archaeological perspective, there is no issue.

Exactly!

My area of expertise is the pottery and lithics of Eastern North America and I can see it's a knuckleheaded idea.  :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

Exactly!

My area of expertise is the pottery and lithics of Eastern North America and I can see it's a knuckleheaded idea.  :lol:

One of the oddly unscientific aspects of this situation is that the geopolymer proponents would not appear to have performed the extensive literature searches that are, as you are well aware, standard geological/archaeological practice. Can you imagine presenting a paper without reading and incorporating virtually every worthwhile study related to the topic at hand? In the cases of these brief articles, the bibliographies should consume many pages.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

No, not in the least. From a geological and archaeological perspective, there is no issue. The comment was in regards to addressing the perpetual complaint from the geopolymer proponents that they are not allowed to destructively procure larger sample sizes.

Photomicroscopy and related technologies could be utilized to demonstrate not only the range of geological contexts and attributes involved, but also the association of given larger specimens with their geological/quarry origin. Another approach to a well-needed geological education.

I think you are just being difficult. What if we took a huge rock saw and cut the pyramid in half? We could solve the casting issue and get to see into the void above the grand gallery...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I think you are just being difficult. What if we took a huge rock saw and cut the pyramid in half? We could solve the casting issue and get to see into the void above the grand gallery...

One would hope that that was meant tongue-in-cheek.

cormac

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

One would.

Hard to tell around here sometimes. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

GAS UP THE K12 BABY! I'M ON IT!!!! 

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Kenemet said: