Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump threatens to close US-Mexico border

Unusual Tournament

Just now, Jerry Gallo said:

I guess the next logical question is why the left is so adamantly opposed to border security?

No the true logical question is why do people on the right continually fall for the obviously false propaganda that "the left" is opposed to border security.

1 minute ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I think the majority of Americans want a closed border with some reasonable allowances,

The left also falls into "the majority of Americans"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No the true logical question is why do people on the right continually fall for the obviously false propaganda that "the left" is opposed to border security.

The left also falls into "the majority of Americans"

So, how many of the left's politicians have voted in support of border security measures in the last two years? I don't doubt there are a handful of reasonable people who get the danger these caravans represent. But you'll never convince me majority of Democrats want to fix this problem unless he solution benefits them in some way.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

So, how many of the left's politicians have voted in support of border security measures in the last two years?

All of them as evidenced in the most recent budget.

The debate isnt over whether people want border security its over how to get it done. Reasonable people can have honest disagreements about reaching the same goal.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

All of them as evidenced in the most recent budget.

The debate isnt over whether people want border security its over how to get it done. Reasonable people can have honest disagreements about reaching the same goal.

Democrats have had their chances to get it done and they couldn't solve it. So, obstructing someone else's method indicates a lack of desire to reach the same goal. You're being hoodwinked by your own party if you believe they want border security in the form it is needed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Democrats have had their chances to get it done and they couldn't solve it. So, obstructing someone else's method indicates a lack of desire to reach the same goal. You're being hoodwinked by your own party if you believe they want border security in the form it is needed. 

Republicans you mean?  They could have passed legislation by themselves these last two years if they truly cared.  Democrats only took the house four months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Republicans you mean?  They could have passed legislation by themselves these last two years if they truly cared.  Democrats only took the house four months ago.

who can argue with this?  But it doesn't mean that dems are right.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

No, I'm talking about Democrats before them. I'll acknowledge Republican failure. What is in question is, if Democrats have the right answers or know what answers (like the wall) are surely wrong, why didn't they fix this when they had control of both chambers under Obama? You know, back when Chuck and Nancy were giving speeches about secure borders. 

Law enforcement and DHS have agreed to the need for barriers. Democrats are obstructing Trump's plan for barriers because they are smarter than everyone on the solution. If that's the case, by rule, it shouldn't have been a problem to solve since 2011 when they had the numbers. And please don't tell me it's about the cost with some of the crap they fund and a $90T proposal to further the great climate hoax. 

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Democrats only took the house four months ago.

And they have been fighting Trump the entire time and show no sign of stopping anytime soon. Yep, this surely looks like they are willing to work with Republicans on matters of importance..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

And they have been fighting Trump the entire time and show no sign of stopping anytime soon. Yep, this surely looks like they are willing to work with Republicans on matters of importance..

Well they did offer 25 Billion dollars for the wall that Trump turned down. Ya know, minor detail.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, susieice said:

shumer is an idiot if he thinks china, and other gvmnts will  let him do that,. or that he can use us laws in other countries.

The bill aims to apply pressure on the Chinese government to control all types of fentanyl and provide the U.S. with more tools and resources to go after illicit traffickers in China, Mexico, and other countries.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

shumer is an idiot if he thinks china, and other gvmnts will  let him do that,. or that he can use us laws in other countries.

Here we go. Now, Captain America (US guv) is going to be the international NARC agency. 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here we go. Now, Captain America (US guv) is going to be the international NARC agency. 

we already are in a way. harry ensliger  is responcible for weed being illegal almost everywhere in the world,

we have dea in Colombia, mexico, and other countries,   but we coordinate almost everything with local leo, now shumer wants to do whatever he wants in other countries, i have no doubt they will not allow that

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hang on this is a great example of partisanship gone mad.

Trump was lauded not too long ago for

Now there seems to be bipartisanship on an issue , finally, and ya'll want to beat the guy up?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

climate hoax. 

You lost me at climate hoax. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Agent0range said:

You lost me at climate hoax. 

You were probably lost well before then! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Well they did offer 25 Billion dollars for the wall that Trump turned down. Ya know, minor detail.

Yeah, you're leaving out some minor details as well. Schumer authorized the big number, but wouldn't agree to appropriate it...big distinction there. Similar to authorizing things when he, Obama and Clinton voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, he's voted against appropriating it since. And let's not forget the second part of Chuck's offer, that Trump had to sign off on permanent protections for 700K DACA visitors.

First issue with DACA is that it was an executive order, not legislation. A judge has already ruled it unconstitutional, but didn't act on any repercussions. Second issue was that DACA was temporary and required certain actions to remain here or extend status. Chuck wanted full amnesty. In essence, Obama told foreigners, bring your kids to the US, we'll give them temporary status and eventually grandfather them in as permanent legal residents with no requirements.

The critical question here that no one will answer is, if Dems voted for the fence in 2006, what is the reason for opposition to a better barrier now? Again, money isn't an issue for the left in gov't, we know this for a fact. So, what's the real reason to oppose the wall?

2 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

eah, you're leaving out some minor details as well. Schumer authorized the big number, but wouldn't agree to appropriate it...big distinction there.

You're not wrong but your timeline is somewhat skewed. Yes Schumer did pull the offer in early January but it came up for a vote in February and because Trump had said he would veto it the senate GOP voted it down Senate rejects DACA bill, $25 billion for wall

4 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

First issue with DACA is that it was an executive order, not legislation. A judge has already ruled it unconstitutional, but didn't act on any repercussions. Second issue was that DACA was temporary and required certain actions to remain here or extend status. Chuck wanted full amnesty. In essence, Obama told foreigners, bring your kids to the US, we'll give them temporary status and eventually grandfather them in as permanent legal residents with no requirements.

See you lose all credibility here. If illegal immigration is so bad that it is worth violating the constitution to stop, which is what Trumpians are arguing with the emergency order, then surely its bad enough that its worth compromising on DACA.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The critical question here that no one will answer is, if Dems voted for the fence in 2006, what is the reason for opposition to a better barrier now? Again, money isn't an issue for the left in gov't, we know this for a fact. So, what's the real reason to oppose the wall?

For starters fencing wasnt a "concrete wall from sea to shining sea" that was promised to ignore all environmental concerns to get built. 

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

You're not wrong but your timeline is somewhat skewed. Yes Schumer did pull the offer in early January but it came up for a vote in February and because Trump had said he would veto it the senate GOP voted it down Senate rejects DACA bill, $25 billion for wall

See you lose all credibility here. If illegal immigration is so bad that it is worth violating the constitution to stop, which is what Trumpians are arguing with the emergency order, then surely its bad enough that its worth compromising on DACA.

For starters fencing wasnt a "concrete wall from sea to shining sea" that was promised to ignore all environmental concerns to get built. 

The timeline doesn't really matter, if Schumer never offered to appropriate the funds, that's the end of the conversation. Any subsequent discussion is apples and oranges. Not to mention the amnesty demand that was attached. Trump is doing what the left has done for years, demanding something for nothing in return. I respect the left's ability to demand and get things from the squeamish GOP when they have. But when Trump does it, he's an awful human being. If you get what you want it's good, if someone else gets what they want it's bad.  

Yeah, yeah, I am dumb, an idiot and have no credibility. Whatever. See the first part. why should Trump compromise on an illegal mandate? Why should he give on something that solves one issue but creates another? The right has foolishly compromised in good faith too many times. Congrats, you've benefited from this. Now when it's your turn to, you act as if this sort of thing is totally egregious.

LOL, no one said a wall from sea to shining sea, where the hell does that even come from? And now the opposition to the wall is the environment? Give you this much, you lefties certainly have a gift of taping all your talking points together to create quite the obstacle course to avoid telling us the truth. The most honest answer I've heard to date was one hard-left neighbor who admitted he feels a Honduran non-citizen has as much right to a life in the US as a citizen born here, thus he wants no restrictions that would keep someone from attaining that. While he knows this completely violates the principles of this country, he's comfortable enough to admit that opinion is what gives him the most comfort. While I disagree fully, I comprehend his view and respect it far more than the NPR answers most give in debate.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, Beren said:

and be less of a schoolyard bully?

Trump is a bulldozer.  He always was, always will be.  He was the only choice left to stop the takeover of this government by the Progressive movement.  He's fighting against an enemy that wants to destroy America as it was founded.  If you believe that politeness and half-measures are still possible then I'd respectfully say, I and millions of others disagree.  This is an open struggle for the identity, even the survival of our nation.  Those on the Left and in the "establishment" have torn off the masks and have gone balls-out-ugly in their attempt to take control permanently.  It won't be stopped with civility.  It won't necessarily require violence or true chaos but it could come to that.  It all depends on how long people keep deluding themselves that we aren't in a death-struggle for freedom.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, and then said:

He's fighting against an enemy that wants to destroy America as it was founded. 

If you still believe that after he spit on the constitution by bypassing congress' control of dollars then perhaps its time to examine what about America's founding youre so in love with.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

If you still believe that after he spit on the constitution by bypassing congress' control of dollars then perhaps its time to examine what about America's founding youre so in love with.

Everything he has done has been in accordance with the constitution, Farmer77, much though you might prefer it was otherwise :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

LOL, no one said a wall from sea to shining sea, where the hell does that even come from?

I do stand corrected. I recall Trump speaking about 1900 miles of wall but that appears to be one interview only.

2 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

And now the opposition to the wall is the environment? Give you this much, you lefties certainly have a gift of taping all your talking points together to create quite the obstacle course to avoid telling us the truth.

I get why you would think that but truthfully we're talking about my neighborhood, I love the desert, so the environmental concerns have always been my #1 concern.

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Everything he has done has been in accordance with the constitution, Farmer77, much though you might prefer it was otherwise :)

Sorry amigo Constitution says congress gets to say how dollars are spent. He asked congress, they said no, he went around them. Its really pretty simple, thats not how America was designed to work.

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sorry amigo Constitution says congress gets to say how dollars are spent. He asked congress, they said no, he went around them. Its really pretty simple, thats not how America was designed to work.

and yet everything he did was in accordance with the Constitution, @Farmer77 :) 

The Constitution gives the President powers to - under certain limited conditions -  bypass Congress. And Trump did exactly that. All in line with the constitution. 

• Like 1