Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Trump threatens to close US-Mexico border

263 posts in this topic

Farmer77
13 minutes ago, Abilityperson said:

Oh ok because when I seen it on 3 news out here they said illegal thank you for correcting that.

Honestly I watch FOX 3 news for a bit most weekday mornings and they work pretty hard to put a slightly pro Trump spin on everything and or just ignoring the negatives on a particular story. 

Their coverage of the Bezos divorce the other day was a great example, never once did they mention the scandal surrounding the National Enquirer or how they forced the Bezos' to go public. In fact they spun a story offhandedly, the chick was "taking a guess" as to why they went public,  when we know exactly why they did.

• Thanks 1

Farmer77
1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

why focus on belittling the individual? 

He didnt , at all.

RavenHawk
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He didnt , at all.

If he didn’t then there was no reason to mention it in the first place.  He could have put a positive spin on an individual’s achievement and how many come together for a higher goal.  He didn’t do that, he had to make sure that the individual is put into his place to understand that their individual achievement means nothing.  That was precisely the core of his message.

RavenHawk
8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Honestly I watch FOX 3 news for a bit most weekday mornings and they work pretty hard to put a slightly pro Trump spin on everything and or just ignoring the negatives on a particular story.

You just didn’t watch enough.  They cover the negative stuff as well.  The rest of the MSM is so absolute hatred of Trump 24x7x365, any mention of negative press on FOX is like no mention at all.  96% of coverage of Trump in the MSM is negative.  That is not normal unless there is coordinated assault on Trump.  And you buy into it.  I suppose you believe the Mueller report is tainted?  Were you one of the ones that was going to accept the Mueller report?

Farmer77
2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You just didn’t watch enough.  They cover the negative stuff as well. 

You watch local Phoenix news? I promise I watch enough, enough that I see them roll into their second cycle of covering the same news stories.

RavenHawk
44 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You watch local Phoenix news?

Actually I do :)  My Mom and Brother live there.  I also play in the MSBL World Series in Oct.

I promise I watch enough, enough that I see them roll into their second cycle of covering the same news stories.

They all do that.  Every station finds some interesting story that they cover to overkill.  It’s because of the constant negative coverage of Trump and anything Conservative, I’ve stopped watching MSM.  Maybe a little NBC just to keep up on that side.  And with this Smollett story, FOX has almost chased me off.  I think they are doing that to get people to switch over to FOX Nation??  I watch now only to listen to Solomon, Carter, Jarrett, & Levin.

• Like 1

Farmer77
1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

I think they are doing that to get people to switch over to FOX Nation?? 

Man i was floored when I saw an ad for Mark Furhman's show on FOX nation. IDK what hes been up to since the OJ thing so his life could be 180 degrees different and I could be way off base but if admitted racist and dirty cop are the first things that come to mind when you hear a dude's name you may want to reconsider that hire :lol:

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

They all do that.  Every station finds some interesting story that they cover to overkill.  It’s because of the constant negative coverage of Trump and anything Conservative, I’ve stopped watching MSM.  Maybe a little NBC just to keep up on that side.  And with this Smollett story, FOX has almost chased me off.  I think they are doing that to get people to switch over to FOX Nation??  I watch now only to listen to Solomon, Carter, Jarrett, & Levin.

I still try to take in as much as possible from as many sources as possible. I try and avoid the extremes but damn sometimes there the most fun!

Uncle Sam

Well, the chickens are coming home to roost. Democrats disregard of our sovereignty has now lead to many people across the world believing that they can take advantage of our nation. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-official-caravan-size-influx-of-migrants-arriving-every-week-in-rio-grande-valley

• Like 2

Farmer77
1 minute ago, Uncle Sam said:

Democrats disregard of our sovereignty has now lead to many people across the world believing that they can take advantage of our nation. 

Just stop. Illegal immigration has been a problem forever. Democrats offering Trump 25 Billion for the wall and then him turning it down has nothing to do with the current crisis....oh I mean dems not giving Trump 5 billion for the wall has nothing to do with the crisis. 

aztek

They need to send them all to California.  

• Haha 1

Jerry Gallo
1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

Well, the chickens are coming home to roost. Democrats disregard of our sovereignty has now lead to many people across the world believing that they can take advantage of our nation. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-official-caravan-size-influx-of-migrants-arriving-every-week-in-rio-grande-valley

Wait, are you saying Trump hates the residents of 49 other countries? Nah, your probably saying the man just wants to do something to stop illegal immigration.

Jerry Gallo

There it is again, the "Trump turned down $25B canard". To be clear, to leftists and Trump haters who don't mind the truth...

Trump's demands to extend DACA were met with a Republican authored House proposal in 2018 that...

Appropriated funds for the wall (up front)

Establishing a path to citizenship for DACA kids

Ended the visa lottery program

Severely limited chain (family based) migration

Democrats wouldn't entertain it, and instead offered alternates in the House and Senate that...

Spread the funds over 10 years

Covered the path to citizenship for dreamers (a point of agreement between Dems and Trump)

Contained no provisions on visa lottery or limiting chain migration.

So yeah, he turned down the bill that asked him to give up more than he was getting - in essence, one sixth of his demands.

You'll also note that not one liberal ever frames this discussion from a "Democrats turned down the opportunity to grant DACA kids citizenship". 

Abilityperson
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aztek said:

They need to send them all to California.  

They need to tear down the walls of the Democrats houses who said wall not needed, then send them to those who want them here

Edited by Abilityperson
  • Like 2