Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump threatens to close US-Mexico border

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Please tell me that you wrote that part just for fun.

Have you ever seen enemies of a U.S. president as vicious and committed to his downfall as these?  Why on earth would you expect him NOT to respond?  Not even YOU could really be that naive.  He can fight back or he can surrender.  He represents that group of Americans that have by God surrendered as much as we plan on doing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

why do you keep telling me 'you know that right?' i get it.  i got it a long time ago. but thats not the issue. the issue is that i know it and I've never been to America. so it stands to reason that the world everywhere also knows that America is welcoming to immigrants. has been for 400 years. its hard to change that overnight like Trump is trying to do. 

You really need to stop with the Hollyweird version of immigration and look back at the REAL history.  Prior to 1965, America always let in those that we deemed would make us BETTER as a nation.  The post-1965 version has been about cheap labor and reliable Democrat voters.  I assume that you wouldn't want to see America become a literal 3rd world shithole?  If we continue down this road, that's EXACTLY where we're headed.  Think that's exaggeration?  How many would YOU want to let in who didn't want to learn the language, obey the laws or pay taxes while enjoying the right to vote for those who will give them welfare benefits?  A million more?  20 Million more?  The desire to stop such insanity isn't about hating anyone it's about saving this nation from ruin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Not just a poem but a beacon for immigrants to follow. It will take many Trumps before that’s changed.

You are describing an invasion of a sovereign nation as though the citizens have no damned right to resist it.  Do you have any clue how ridiculous and insulting that is?  YOU wouldn't allow it in your home or your country.  Stop with the hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Closing the legal ports of entry will not stop illegal immigration. It will only succeeding in harming the economies of both the United States and Mexico. Immigrants who feel that they are in danger of their lives have a right to enter the United States at any point on the border, and to have their cases heard in a court of law. That is United States law, which the President swore he would uphold when he took his oath of office. 

Edited by bison
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bison said:

Closing the legal ports of entry will not stop illegal immigration. It will only succeeding harming the economies of both the United States and Mexico. Immigrants who feel that they are in danger of their lives have a right to enter the United States at any point on the border, and to have their cases heard in a court of law. That is United States law, which the President swore he would uphold when he took his oath of office. 

Well yeah.  It really does nothing about illegal immigration.  It's just a guy shutting down legal trade, immigration and travel because he is having a temper tantrum. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, and then said:

You really need to stop with the Hollyweird version of immigration and look back at the REAL history.  Prior to 1965, America always let in those that we deemed would make us BETTER as a nation.  The post-1965 version has been about cheap labor and reliable Democrat voters.  I assume that you wouldn't want to see America become a literal 3rd world shithole?  If we continue down this road, that's EXACTLY where we're headed.  Think that's exaggeration?  How many would YOU want to let in who didn't want to learn the language, obey the laws or pay taxes while enjoying the right to vote for those who will give them welfare benefits?  A million more?  20 Million more?  The desire to stop such insanity isn't about hating anyone it's about saving this nation from ruin.

Bolded: thats a silly thing to say.

I'm just posting for discussion. if it was up to me i wouldn't let anyone in that wasn't prepared to die for their new country, assimilate and be a positive contribution. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, and then said:

Have you ever seen enemies of a U.S. president as vicious and committed to his downfall as these?  Why on earth would you expect him NOT to respond?  Not even YOU could really be that naive.  He can fight back or he can surrender.  He represents that group of Americans that have by God surrendered as much as we plan on doing.  

Trump is no angel. he's picked this fight and its now on him to win it or lose. he painted a bullseye on his back and his opponents are taking shots. more illegals enter through ports and airports but i don't hear you making a deal about that. Trump is just politicising the wall and wooing the masses with his flag waving.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

, America has been a sanctuary nation for 400 years.

and we didn't invite none of em! :yes:

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

and we didn't invite none of em! :yes:

no we didn't mate.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, and then said:

I assume that you wouldn't want to see America become a literal 3rd world shithole? 

Have you ever traveled around Northern Europe? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

no we didn't mate.

:lol: LOL! 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Have you ever traveled around Northern Europe? :whistle:

France is as far as I've gone.

• Like 1

You know @Piney it just struct me that you have more in common with the Mexicans than you do with the White man.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You know @Piney it just struct me that you have more in common with the Mexicans than you do with the White man.  

Latinos are 50 to 100 percent Native American, Mexican culture is a Native culture that originated partially in Utah, which is why I get a friggin hoot out of Whites calling them illegal.  :yes:

Edited by Piney
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Latinos are 50 to 100 percent Native American, Mexican culture is a Native culture that originated partially in Utah, which is why I get a friggin hoot out of Whites calling them illegal.  :yes:

i thought so. the Aztec's ancestral home was supposed to be in modern U.S. ? not sure about that, but if so then without meaning to upset anyone this would be a home-coming of sorts.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i thought so. the Aztec's ancestral home was supposed to be in modern U.S. ? not sure about that, but if so then without meaning to upset anyone this would be a home-coming of sorts.  

The dominant tribe was a Shoshoean Tribe from Utah.

Mexican Spanish is so loaded with Native loanwords that if I spoke it in Spain they would look at me like this. :huh:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bison said:

Closing the legal ports of entry will not stop illegal immigration. It will only succeeding in harming the economies of both the United States and Mexico. Immigrants who feel that they are in danger of their lives have a right to enter the United States at any point on the border, and to have their cases heard in a court of law. That is United States law, which the President swore he would uphold when he took his oath of office. 

No that is NOT the law of the United States! As a sovereign nation, the United States has every right to determine who shall and shall not be permitted to immigrate here.  It is the president's responsibility as chief executive to enforce the law of the land.  And the powers given to the president in the constitution authorize him to defend the country from foreign invasion, which certainly includes illegal aliens. 

Show us where in the Constitution it states that every "oppressed" and "destitute" foreign on God's green earth has the right to demand and receive asylum and citizenship within United States borders?! You won't find it because it doesn't exist! It exists only in the brainwashed minds of bleeding heart liberals!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

You described the man as "restrained". Not even YOU could see the irony of your statement?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

its in some ways more important. in effect, America has been a sanctuary nation for 400 years. all you had to do in the past was make it to the U.S. be a good resident and then become a citizen. along comes one guy, deciding that a wall needs to be built and America redefined. Trump is trying to institutionalise that change by closing borders. this is the real battle.   

No! America has been a nation of laws for more than 400 years.  Historically only those immigrants who would in some meaningful way contribute to the betterment of American life were allowed to immigrate here.  It was only with the atrocious Ted Kennedy sponsored Hart-Celler Act (1965) that this country transferred from a merit based legal immigration system, to one based on destructive politically correct altruism.  Nothing to be proud of in the current state of immigration laws.  Our Founding Father's would be ashamed. 

President Trump seemingly understands that immigration should be a privilege reserved for the highly educated and qualified, not a blanket invitation for whatsoever third world dreg wants to receive welfare benefits.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

No! America has been a nation of laws for more than 400 years.  Historically only those immigrants who would in some meaningful way contribute to the betterment of American life were allowed to immigrate here.  It was only with the atrocious Ted Kennedy sponsored Hart-Celler Act (1965) that this country transferred from a merit based legal immigration system, to one based on politically correct destructive altruism.  Nothing to be proud of in the current state of immigration laws.  Our Founding Father's would be ashamed. 

President Trump seemingly understands that immigration should be a privilege reserved for the highly educated and qualified, not a blanket invitation for whatsoever third world dreg wants to receive welfare benefits.

...what you meant to say (Bolded) was the highly qualified and wealthy

Until the advert of computers and record sharing i doubt that American authorities paid that much attention to vetting immigrants beyond a face to face interview. in order to retain its place as the biggest and best America needs a big economy with plenty of consumers and markets. unless the native birth rate can provide what immigration can then I'm afraid that America is stuck with immigration. my country of Australia has a similar problem of low birth rates too. the entire western world has. so until our leaders stop trying to grow our countries artificially and accept a reduce political and economic world strength  then I'm afraid Lord Harry, Trump's foray into demographics is set to fail miserably.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...what you meant to say (Bolded) was the highly qualified and wealthy

Until the advert of computers and record sharing i doubt that American authorities paid that much attention to vetting immigrants beyond a face to face interview. in order to retain its place as the biggest and best America needs a big economy with plenty of consumers and markets. unless the native birth rate can provide what immigration can then I'm afraid that America is stuck with immigration. my country of Australia has a similar problem of low birth rates too. the entire western world has. so until our leaders stop trying to grow our countries artificially and accept a reduce political and economic world strength  then I'm afraid Lord Harry, Trump's foray into demographics is set to fail miserably.  

The question of low western birth rates is not the subject of this thread, though I do have suggestions as to how this could be corrected, but I will not elaborate here.

Highly qualified and wealthy? Well...yes. American immigration laws has historically favored wealthy educated foreigners.  But such as life.  Wealthier immigrants would be better able to provide for themselves and generate wealth.  Not to mention far less likely to leach off the tax payers. 

Edited by Lord Harry

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

The question of low western birth rates is not the subject of this thread, though I do have suggestions as to how this could be corrected but will not elaborate here.

Highly qualified and wealthy? Well...yes. American immigration laws has historically favored wealthy educated foreigners.  But such as life.  Wealthier immigrants would be better able to provide for themselves and generate wealth.  Not to mention far less likely to leach off the tax payers. 

immigration and low birth rates...its all interrelated. but to be honest those immigrants lining up to enter the U.S. would be better off in other western nations, who can provide better services and care. healthcare in your country is virtually user pay with no public safety net like Europe or Australia. unemployment and pension benefits i don't imagine are any better either. i could be wrong?

• Like 1

Several people here have repeated the same error, so rather than appear to single out one by quoting them I'll just throw this out there.  The US is only 231 years old, not 400 as several have stated.  Before that North America was a collection of colonies of several European nations along with the remains of indigenous nations.  Any immigration laws would have been issued by those countries.  

Regarding the Statue of Liberty, it was dedicated 133 years ago.  Any immigrants seeing the welcoming poem would have been on a ship heading for a legal port of entry.  It was never intended to welcome people who ignore our laws and borders.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

The question of low western birth rates is not the subject of this thread, though I do have suggestions as to how this could be corrected, but I will not elaborate here.

That's not entirely true. Many of the Irish and Italian immigrants were poor and coming here to make a new life for themselves. They worked hard and did just that. Now their descendants are third and fourth generation Americans. Most Europeans came through Ellis Island. Many already had family here but they didn't have a lot of money. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's not entirely true. Many of the Irish and Italian immigrants were poor and coming here to make a new life for themselves. They worked hard and did just that. Now their descendants are third and fourth generation Americans. Most Europeans came through Ellis Island. Many already had family here but they didn't have a lot of money. 

There weren't any government benefits for people to fall back on or benefit from either. You either worked hard or your family starved.

• Like 6