Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Trump threatens to close US-Mexico border

263 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

susieice

Mexico is going to issue temporary visas for migrants to stay in the country. Our Immigration Department is overloaded with applications. These aren't the only people who have filed to come here. They will be safe in Mexico until they can be processed.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/world/article/Mexico-to-issue-limited-humanitarian-visas-to-13730612.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 hours ago, susieice said:

Mexico is going to issue temporary visas for migrants to stay in the country. Our Immigration Department is overloaded with applications. These aren't the only people who have filed to come here. They will be safe in Mexico until they can be processed.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/world/article/Mexico-to-issue-limited-humanitarian-visas-to-13730612.php

That's cool.  Now the detractors can't claim they are paperless undocumented illegal immigrants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
6 hours ago, Piney said:

Your right. Ford has several truck plants in Mexico. 

And that is what might keep the border open I think.  Bleeding heart liberals asking for mercy for the immigrants can be brushed off by the dozen

But then the call comes at midnight on the private line in the Trump Tower or the White House.  It is a captain of industry, a CEO who has Donald's private number.

"Donnie baby, you could cause me some serious grief here and some real money.  I have an earnings projection call next week.  How would it look if I have to say our quarterly numbers are in jeopardy?   I would have to say we can't get those pickups to the midwest in time to replace all of those flood damaged ones the farmers have  because the president has closed the border.  I would have to say that without parts we can't keep the plants in Muskegeon and DeMoines open and there will be some layoffs.  And then maybe the market takes a little hiccup.  None of us want that do we Donnie?  I don't care what you do with immigrants, but the goods gotta move. Be a sport and get this settled next week would you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

That's cool.  Now the detractors can't claim they are paperless undocumented illegal immigrants.

Given jobs and homes, they could even decide the culture in Mexico is closer to their own. Mexico is also offering to transport the ones who want to go back. There is a backlog of 700,000 applicants for entry. This will take some time. Do people have any idea how many people are waiting to come into the US? 

If we have no right to our border, I don't see why the opposite shouldn't hold true. No border at all.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Given jobs and homes, they could even decide the culture in Mexico is closer to their own. Mexico is also offering to transport the ones who want to go back. There is a backlog of 700,000 applicants for entry. This will take some time. Do people have any idea how many people are waiting to come into the US? 

Yup. https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/the-shortage-of-immigration-judges-in-america

They won't be given jobs though.  It's just a temporary visa while they wait for the two-year back log the US has.

When it comes to the legal side of immigration, the administration doesn't seem to want to fix the problem.  All the money and effort is going towards the vanity wall.  Increasing judges or housing or anything on the legal side is being ignored. Current policy has them staying in the US while they wait but Trump wants them to wait in Mexico and increase the slow walking in hopes they go away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Yup. https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/the-shortage-of-immigration-judges-in-america

They won't be given jobs though.  It's just a temporary visa while they wait for the two-year back log the US has.

When it comes to the legal side of immigration, the administration doesn't seem to want to fix the problem.  All the money and effort is going towards the vanity wall.  Increasing judges or housing or anything on the legal side is being ignored. Current policy has them staying in the US while they wait but Trump wants them to wait in Mexico and increase the slow walking in hopes they go away. 

Everyone is also complaining about them waiting in the US. The border needs to be secured. No doubt about it. Over 75,000 have just crashed through. And I still say, if no one wants the border, then that works both ways. Or should.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
6 minutes ago, susieice said:

Everyone is also complaining about them waiting in the US. The border needs to be secured. No doubt about it. Over 75,000 have just crashed through. And I still say, if no one wants the border, then that works both ways. Or should.

Why is everyone complaining about the ones claiming legal asylum?  I thought the problem was the illegals.  Maybe they need to be educated on the difference?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Why is everyone complaining about the ones claiming legal asylum?  I thought the problem was the illegals.  Maybe they need to be educated on the difference?

People complain about everything and anything. If they are in the US, they aren't being treated fairly. If they stay in Mexico, they aren't being treated fairly. We have applicants from all over the world and everyone needs to be processed. Mexico is giving these visa to women, children, and the elderly. The men were offered jobs and homes long ago. If they don't want to wait, the Mexican Government will send them back. Sounds to me like they want the border too. They are doing all they can to help. Can Americans attempt to appreciate that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
On 31/03/2019 at 11:25 AM, Piney said:

Latinos are 50 to 100 percent Native American, Mexican culture is a Native culture that originated partially in Utah, which is why I get a friggin hoot out of Whites calling them illegal.  :yes:

Wasn't it called Utahlantis?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

And that is what might keep the border open I think.  Bleeding heart liberals asking for mercy for the immigrants can be brushed off by the dozen

But then the call comes at midnight on the private line in the Trump Tower or the White House.  It is a captain of industry, a CEO who has Donald's private number.

"Donnie baby, you could cause me some serious grief here and some real money.  I have an earnings projection call next week.  How would it look if I have to say our quarterly numbers are in jeopardy?   I would have to say we can't get those pickups to the midwest in time to replace all of those flood damaged ones the farmers have  because the president has closed the border.  I would have to say that without parts we can't keep the plants in Muskegeon and DeMoines open and there will be some layoffs.  And then maybe the market takes a little hiccup.  None of us want that do we Donnie?  I don't care what you do with immigrants, but the goods gotta move. Be a sport and get this settled next week would you?"

There's no reason that they can't close the border to normal traffic and still have a truck lane open.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

There's no reason that they can't close the border to normal traffic and still have a truck lane open.  

Well, that's a good thought.  Doesn't sound near as dramatic,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 3/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, Piney said:

Latinos are 50 to 100 percent Native American, Mexican culture is a Native culture that originated partially in Utah, which is why I get a friggin hoot out of Whites calling them illegal.  

I was driving for an elder auntie once.  I took her up on top of a hill to get cell reception to call home to Browning,   After a lengthy conversation to her relatives we headed back to camp. 

On the way she told me, "Don't let your son marry a Ute.  They are born mean and just get meaner.  I took it as good advice. She was the one who first gave me pickle juice to help leg cramps and heat sickness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
2 hours ago, susieice said:

About 2,000 were released into the US this weekend with orders to appear in court for their hearings.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nearly-2000-immigrants-to-be-released-in-texas-from-federal-custody-this-weekend-report-says

One legal assistant should be able to handle all of the ones that show.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Hey, how about THIS for an idea ? 

Let the border be closed for 3-4 weeks. Lets just see what happens ? 

3-4 weeks of "no drugs" ? 

Lets see the cities explode. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
21 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hey, how about THIS for an idea ? 

Let the border be closed for 3-4 weeks. Lets just see what happens ? 

3-4 weeks of "no drugs" ? 

Lets see the cities explode. 

we could just stop saving them when they od, letthem die,  and not revive them to steal once again to overdose, again  just to get saved once again. smh it's a never ending loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
9 minutes ago, aztek said:

we could just stop saving them when they od, letthem die,  and not revive them to steal once again to overdose, again  just to get saved once again. smh it's a never ending loop.

That's a bit of Social Darwinism that can work I suppose.  Let all the drug users die and we won't have a drug problem.

We used to do forced sterilization to try to eliminate the handicapped. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

in a cold heartless logical world, it would have cured genetic disorders permanently. (And saved billions if not trillions on related medical expenses)  But that whole having a heart and soul thing got in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

That's a bit of Social Darwinism that can work I suppose.  Let all the drug users die and we won't have a drug problem.

We used to do forced sterilization to try to eliminate the handicapped. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

in a cold heartless logical world, it would have cured genetic disorders permanently. (And saved billions if not trillions on related medical expenses)  But that whole having a heart and soul thing got in the way.

It's stretching a little to compare people born with birth defects to people who chose a lifestyle. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
23 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

One legal assistant should be able to handle all of the ones that show.

all before launch, lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
14 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's stretching a little to compare people born with birth defects to people who chose a lifestyle. 

Some view addiction as an illness.....  I can see how it would save money though.  Especially those addicted to prescription opioids.  They usually have some sort of underlying medical condition that got them hooked in the first place.  With them dead, we would save tons of $$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
23 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hey, how about THIS for an idea ? 

Let the border be closed for 3-4 weeks. Lets just see what happens ? 

3-4 weeks of "no drugs" ? 

Lets see the cities explode. 

I'll tell ya what,, the Mexican people will go NUTS with these illegals to feed and house. they are not very fond of those folks "south of the border". It will surely put pressure on Mexico's prez to stop the caravans from coming in in the first place. Trump has cards to play and he should have played them long ago especially cutting Mexico's foreign aid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

 

Geez, don’t know whether to laugh or cry.  So how much weight do you think a 31’ ladder can support at any one time?  A standard 25’-30’ aluminum extension ladder has about a 300lbs limit.  How stable do you think it is especially when the weight approaches the middle?  How many transits before failure?  Do you think you’d have enough hands at the bottom to stabilize it?  Have you seen some of the heffers trying to climb over shorter walls?  Then there are those with the fear of heights trying to climb a wobbly ladder.  For them, 30’ might as well be a mile.  You get a child frozen half way up and that has to be dealt with.  You can’t have more than two adults at a time.  Once you get to the top, then what?  For even a moderately sized group, you’re talking at least a couple of hours to get everybody over.  Plenty of time for border agents to respond.  A wall with cameras and sensors would give the Border Patrol even more lead time.  Drones could be used to either snag or knock down ladders.  Drones could also be armed with non-lethal weapons to harass.  Even just concentrating mass drones in a swarm would discourage an attempt to cross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Some view addiction as an illness.....  I can see how it would save money though.  Especially those addicted to prescription opioids.  They usually have some sort of underlying medical condition that got them hooked in the first place.  With them dead, we would save tons of $$.

I'm not saying anything about them being dead. I'm just saying you can't compare people born with birth defects to people who are living a chosen lifestyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 minute ago, susieice said:

I'm not saying anything about them being dead. I'm just saying you can't compare people born with birth defects to people who are living a chosen lifestyle.

But that's what we are talking about.  Letting them die.                     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.