Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comedian front-runner in Ukrainian Elections

Eldorado

On 5/4/2019 at 7:39 AM, bmk1245 said:

Where do you put Kolomoiskij? Corrupt nongvmnt machine, or smthng else? Just out of curiosity.

silent opposition, zelenski is his tool to get what he wants

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Putin wants to turn the Donbass into a pro-Russian region, so passporting is part of his plan. In Crimea, most of the population was pro-Russian, and this led to the seizure of the region, a referendum and joining Russia. Russian passports are also available in Transdniestria and South Ossetia, which are controlled by Russia, so in Ukraine it works out the same scenario. There is also an official motive to send troops at the right time to protect the population.

In response to the issuance of passports, Zelensky said that he was also not against issuing passports to Russians affected by the Putin regime  and Putin immediately supported the idea that citizens of Ukraine will have two passports and this will bring our peoples closer.

Western Ukrainians have Hungarian passports and this created a conflict because according to our law, a person has only Ukrainian citizenship but in Europe we were told not to oppress such citizens and then the authorities began to change their minds and this situation helped Putin so much as he saw that dual citizenship is no longer controversial and decided to introduce this in the Donbas but the situation here is different as Russia is an invader country.

Zelensky himself says that he is preparing several reciprocal steps to passport actions and at the moment, voices are heard from the authorities about depriving the Ukrainian citizenship of those citizens of the seized republics who will take Russian citizenship but experts see a threat that the region will then become truly pro-Russian.

Initially, Putin’s plan was to seize the Ukrainian territories (Novorossia’s plan) but they managed to capture only half of the two regions. Red marked areas to capture:

Reveal hidden contents

800px-%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%

The inauguration date May 19 is also being discussed but on this day falls the date of the Day of memory of victims of repression and the Day of Europe in Ukraine, so it turns out a controversial date (apparently, this date was not chosen Zelenskiy by chance, since last month this number held a debate at the stadium and there Zelensky beat Poroshenko)

Now a wave of discontent has risen after the words of Kolomoisky that in the Donbas "civil conflict". Zelenskiy also wants to move the presidential administration somewhere far away from the center as the presidential motorcade stops traffic in the city center.

In the meantime, it seems to me that the ukrainian government is losing time without responding with some countermeasures for issuing passports because Poroshenko does not want to help Zelenskiy, and our parliament is also involved in unimportant laws.

The bad news is that fighting against Russia is like fighting against America: you cannot win with war but there is no success with diplomatic and political means.

Here is an article of pro-Poroshenko journalist about  Putin’s plans under the new president:

Reveal hidden contents

The opening of the first center in the Rostov region of the Russian Federation, in which Russian passports will be issued to residents of the occupied districts of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, is a good confirmation that in its confrontation with the new Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenskiy, the Kremlin is going to proceed to real action. Putin will not be just joking. And everyone who thinks about the situation in Ukraine after the change of power should understand this.
 It seems that Putin, like the Kremlin as a whole, can generally decide on any actions that until recently seemed unacceptable in the civilized world - from the Crimea to interference in American elections, from Donbass to Salisbury. That is why it can not be won with the help of simple propaganda, optimistic clips on the Internet and confident statements. Statements have no special meaning when they are answered with tanks, ”the journalist notes.
No one in the Kremlin set himself the task of bringing Vladimir Zelenskiy to power in Ukraine. No, the task, in his opinion, was different - to contribute to the defeat of Petro Poroshenko. And for the fact that the current Ukrainian president did not agree to agreements with Moscow on the Kremlin’s scenario, and simply because the Russian special services outweighed the idea that, under President Zelensky, it would be much easier for Ukraine to destabilize and ... integrate. “I am not going to assess now how justified such a position is. But the fact that the implementation of the task has already begun is a fact. Moreover, Zelenskiy is beginning to fight precisely for the electorate of the eastern and south-eastern regions of the country - that is, those areas where the positions of the new president are the strongest. And this is natural: with Poroshenko there was no point in fighting for this electorate, which did not support him from the start, which for the most part did not even go to the 2014 elections, because he did not see his candidate among the favorites.

The Kremlin will need to prove that Zelenskiy deceived the Ukrainian east. That he is not going to and cannot agree with Putin that the war will last is, of course, for a “non-constructive” Kiev, the tariffs will not fall, and wages will not rise. But the Kremlin, on the contrary, will do for the “friend of the people” in the east everything that it can - it will start by issuing passports to residents of the occupied territories, then, probably, will pass to mass passporting of all Ukrainian citizens. And it is clear that for the residents of the regions bordering on Russia this will be much more important than for those who live on the border with the countries of Europe. ”

According to the journalist, Putin has a simple goal, on the implementation of which he, apparently, will work in the near future. Voter Vladimir Zelensky should be his own voter, the voter of Vladimir Putin. And when the Russian president talks about the joint citizenship of the two countries, about one people - he is not joking, he doesn’t even scoff at his future colleague. He simply expounds the program of "quiet annexation" of the Ukrainian east, according to the apt definition of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Latvia Edgar Rinkevich.

“The question is that, apart from words, Vladimir Zelensky can counterpose this“ quiet annexation ”, does he understand that he has been elected president of the country, which, apparently, simply wants to be turned into a region of a neighboring state?” The journalist concludes.

https://zik.ua/ru/news/2019/05/02/portnykov_v_protyvostoyanyy_s_zelenskym_kreml_sobyraetsya_perehodyt_k_1564007

Dual citizenship is not rare in Europe. Of course, the issue of dual Ukrainian and Russian citizenship is extremely sensitive at the moment. 

I don't think Russia will be able to quietly annex Ukraine through offering dual citizenship, but I absolutely understand how provocative that idea is. 

So the whole thing just got more complicated because it's used in the political fight between Poroshenko and Zelenskiy. I don't quite understand that part, I mean, I understand they fought before the election, but now when the election is over, it's time for cooperation. It's Putin that would profit from further quarrel between the old and the new president, obviously. 

I must say I don't like Kolomoisky's choice of words either. There's huge difference between 'civil conflict' and an aggression on one sovereign country by another country, which is exactly what goes on in Ukraine. (I'm allergic to confusing aggression with 'civil war' because my country had that exact problem: we were attacked, parts of our internationally recognised and undisputed territory occupied and still some journalists and politicians insisted it's a 'civil war'.)       

I've noticed Zelenskiy had common sense approach to sensitive issues (such as Russian language) and that's great, but it seems to me that going too far in lowering the tensions might end up as appeasing Russia and that really could slide down into quiet, gradual surrender. Hopefully, it won't develop in that way, but that 'civil conflict' detail really didn't sound right. 

I'm so sorry you've got such horrible problems right now. But your country survived even worse times. So I'm certain you'll make it, only I wish it was over already and the end is not yet in sight. 

Stay strong.     

17 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I don't think Russia will be able to quietly annex Ukraine through offering dual citizenship, but I absolutely understand how provocative that idea is. 

Stay strong.     

Now they will no longer be able to seize new territories because our armament and defense has become stronger, and there is the Minsk Treaty prohibiting the passage of conditional borders.

Here is what the Russian fighter says about those times:

Naturally, Russia is fighting to one degree or another in the Donbas and will fight. The whole world knows about it. Only for domestic consumption, we are trying to explain to the people that there is no war and that we are not at war, but some kind of people's republics are fighting, which are supposedly more independent. It’s time to say frankly to the face that Russia is leading a war there and that we need to win this war.

The trigger of the war, I still pressed. If our squad had not crossed the border, in the end everything would have ended, as in Kharkov, as in Odessa. It would be a few dozen killed, burned, arrested. And that would be over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Strelkov_(officer)

Poroshenko did not want to call it a war because he was afraid that investors would leave Ukraine. And initially, when the Russian military began to penetrate into the Crimea and seize it, there was no order to shoot back, the troops were not sent there quickly, so they surrendered it without resistance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oligarch Igor Kolomoisky in Israel gave a great interview to the project Bihus.info:

(on YouTube users called it in posts "First-graders interviewed the principal"

Spoiler

Maidan is bad. “Yanukovych’s power brought to Maidan, and revolution is always bad ... It was a kleptocratic criminal regime. Except for an uprising, there was no way to demolish it ... As a result, minus Crimea, minus Donbass, minus 13 million (population). Guilty this is Yanukovych, Russia, the revolution, mutual hatred and internal civil conflict. "

You heard right: in the Donbass "civil conflict". "Internal civil war, which is incomprehensible. Thank God, it did not spread to the whole territory, but it has a hot phase in the Donbass and a cold phase - in the rest of the country ... The cold war is manifested in the killings of, for example, journalists. On the one hand killed Buzina, on the other side of Sheremet ... And these are soldiers of war. "

And who is fighting with whom? "Civil conflict, let's say. Ukrainians with Ukrainians".

And what about Russia? "It supports one part of the Ukrainians. If it were not, it would all have ended long ago. Ukrainians would make peace between themselves ... It was provoked and organized by all of Russia. On the one hand. And on the other hand, all was not well either. February 22 ( 2014) the victorious revolutionaries ran through the parliament, canceled the laws. Kharkiv agreements, shouted, should be canceled.  This provoked mutual hatred ... And the eagles on the way to the bases were shelled.

Rooting for Zelensky with Avakov. "We believe that this is a common victory. We do not have a partnership regarding the elections of Zelensky. We have Zelensky's fan club. We support Zelensky. We supported Yulia together.We were sick against Poroshenko .. ... I don’t want to speak for him , but ... he had an irreversible process when Petya crossed the Rubicon - this is a story about his son ... The case of backpacks is sucked from the finger. "

Celebrated the victory of Zelensky. Received calls. "Of course. Twice. First 31 (March), then 21 (April) ... There were those who are here. Well, there is family, relatives. Midich was, let's say. Kiperman, Bogolyubov was. We celebrated Passover ... No , Stavitsky was not. We were with my parents, so there was no Stavitsky. " "They called a lot. Well, just a thousand calls."

Poroshenko lost because 1 + 1. “He lost the election because he didn’t have 1 + 1 tv channel. Everyone spoke to him from his entourage - and Kononenko and Lutsenko once said:“ And how are you going to vote if your electorate is looking? ”

Although really wanted to buy the channel 1+1. "This is a detective story. Poroshenko negotiated ... In 2016 he made a deal with Surkis, it was February. I wanted to buy 25% from them. And then agree with me to sell him another 25%. And be there 50 to 50. Negotiations between Surkis and Poroshenko’s representatives have been going on sometime since February, the lawyers have already been working. The amount of the deal is 240 or 250 million. "

But the elections have passed. Score on the scoreboard. “The campaign is over, passions must be reassured. The match is over, the score is on the scoreboard. There is no need to escalate and produce mutual hatred. No, we won't be reconciled with him (Poroshenko). But I think that with regard to election affairs is one thing. And if he violated something, there is a law. I am not a prosecutor, not a policeman, and not a lawyer. "

Can Zelensky "send him the ****"? (a question from journalists) "Yes, I will not even contact him. I don’t need anything from him. Kolomoisky is a self-sufficient person ... He never addressed anyone with any requests. I have been doing business since young nails. They always made their way The government has never contributed to us. The main thing is not to interfere. "

Dissolution of the Rada? Does not matter. "The only question is, why dissolve the parliament, for what purpose ... If it is dissolved now, then 100 percent of the elections will go through the existing system, that is, there will be half of the majority holders ... You can also dissolve, but immediately there is a question. Will you manage to prepare 220 mazhoritarschikov, the new president? Or a new party of the servant of the people? Do they have so many? "

Money for Ukraine will not donate. “I’m earning something - and so I’m investing in Ukraine. I’ve got all the assets in Ukraine ... The question is what to invest in. I don’t just invest in government programs. Gathering everyone (oligarchs, as Zelensky suggested) together is utopia. If you want to communicate with someone, then communicate one-on-one. They don't communicate with big business as with a collective farm. These are not collective-farm meetings. Everyone loves money for silence, and not everyone will tell their secrets and turn the soul. "

And in general, return the money. “If it is determined that there was a wrong nationalization (PrivatBank) and restitution follows, then we can say:“ We don’t need a bank, keep it. ”Public resonance. You have 155 billion wrappers there, well, bonds that are not monetized But you have few state banks, you want Privat - leave PrivatBank for yourself. Give us our capital, which we contributed ($ 2 billion). I must give the new owner, that is, the Ministry of Finance. "

On the nationalization - agreed. "We signed an appeal to the Prime Minister. That we are proposing to nationalize the government. Because we are not able to hold it already ... This did not imply aggressive public relations against the former owners. And when they came out and said that there is 97% of related loans. .. Well, after that, we had a hatchet dug. It was a blatant lie ... The second violation of the agreement - a clause about the possibility of share buyback was not recorded in the 2017 budget. "

But he changed his mind. And do not push on patriotism. "The first task (of the courts): tell me, is it right or wrong? Have you robbed me or was everything clean and right ? .. We don’t pressure patriotic feelings only. We first deal with the legal situation. I don’t need that when someone is hungry or not enough for the army, and at this time I get $ 2 billion. I'm not in a hurry. "

https://www.liga.net/politics/interview/plan-zelenskogo---eto-utopiya-intervyu-kolomoyskogo---za-minutu

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the inauguration, Zelenskiy decided to dissolve the parliament on the same day because formally the coalition no longer exists, and according to the law, if it isn’t present within a month, the president can dissolve the parliament. Well, it is beneficial for deputies to go to the elections now. Some of the authorities have already submitted an application for dismissal (the prime minister for example). To be honest, I did not expect such agility and courage from Zelenskiy:

“People’s deputies, you appointed my inauguration on Monday, a working day. I see this as a plus. This means that there will be no parties today. We’ll work with you. Therefore, I’m asking you very much to pass a law on the abolition of parliamentary immunity, responsibility for illegal enrichment, the long-suffering electoral code, "said Zelensky to people's deputies.

He also called on people's deputies to dismiss the head of the SSU(Security Service of Ukraine), the Prosecutor General and the Minister of Defense. And he stressed that they have two months for this.

“Do it and hang your own medals - these are good points for early parliamentary elections,” said Zelensky.

“I dissolve the Verkhovna Rada of the eighth convocation,” said Zelensky.

He also said that people did not call him by name and patronymic, but only by name Vladimir and did not hang his portraits on the wall in the office but better hang a photo of your children that you will look into the eyes when making each law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

oops, pardon me, not all can read Russian

zelenski- remove my pictures from your offices, and hang pictures of your children,

kiselev (Kremlin propagandist) - zelenski ordered officials to hang their children,

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far, nothing happens after Zelensky’s arrival, he meets with foreign politicians and everyone is mutually satisfied, and all this is in words but in reality this doesn’t turn into any business.

The parliament and deputies oppose the president and do not dismiss Prime Minister and Minister of Defense whom Zelensky outlined.

Saakashvili returned to Ukraine and Klitschko offered him to lead the party and Saakashvili set his own conditions (apparently Klitschko no longer supports the president).

Poroshenko created a new party, European Solidarity.

News constantly discuss what Zelensky said or what comment was made as if this is the main thing in politics.

Kuchma (former President of Ukraine) was returned back to the negotiation process and he wants to relax the restrictions imposed by Ukraine on the occupied territories (apparently, the militants and the “republic” have a hard time living).The Ukrainian authorities need at least some results but in return, Russia sets its own conditions.

Kolomoisky said that Ukraine is better to declare a default and not to pay external debts, which allegedly caused the hryvnia to fall. In his own words Kolomoisky harms Zelensky's rating.The hryvnia falls and because the deputies need to prepare for parliamentary elections.

Those who attacked a woman activist and poured acid on her face (which led to her death) admitted their guilt in return for a shorter imprisonment period.I do not know whether the organizer of the murder was established as the organizer is asked for 6.6  of imprisonment for the rest of 6, 4 and 3 years ..

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

But personally, it seems to me incredible that some ordinary weapon was tested on ordinary people instead of taking criminals or animals and experimenting with them somewhere in a closed area. Since radioactive potassium-40 was found there but the investigation did not take this into account
as an insignificant fact, although such elements should attract attention since the radioactive elements can be developed by the government.

However in the sixties they did not know what danger radioactive substances carry and the USSR blew up nuclear charges underground and in the air. There was a case when after the explosion people were thrown into the attack at the epicenter of the explosion, imitating the seizure of enemy territory!

The analysis of the bodies themselves was carried out unprofessionally or they wrote what they needed to write, so the avalanche version is so dubious.

Here is what the meticulous Russians say:

-And you think. When crimes are not investigated, it always means only one thing - namely, the crime is committed by the very structure that investigates.That is, you need to hush up the criminal case.

- The only thing I am sure about is that the 10th tourist did not set up the group, and did not scroll any of their work behind their backs. He left because he received an order from a person whose status was known to him. Otherwise, everything would come out during the analysis and his head would fly first.

-You got the right impression. From above they gave the command to kill the Dyatlov group.

And the 10th "tourist" was directly implicated in the murder and had the task of bringing group to the place of the murder and left the crime scene on command.

-It is not the 3-meter, and a 4-meter layer of snow was hidden, that they did not find until spring. Those four, which the fictional bear blew the most.

-Dyatlov's group put up a desperate resistance, they fought almost everyone, what kind of "ritual" is there? There were no smokes from the tent, no round-trip down the slope, no Mansi rifles, and these same Mansi should have been at least 15-20 people, and still own hand-to-hand combat techniques.

- And you yourself cannot turn on critical thinking with the help of logic, at least, to explain: how is it that the “rodents” so selectively eat away the eyes and tongue of Dubinina, the eyes of Zolotarev, and the other two corpses do not touch at all ?!

-Speaking the tongue and pinching it between the teeth is one of the signs of neck compression with a loop when hanging (when opening hanged dead bodies, this sign is observed in 44.8%).

-Not only that: After the moment of the attack, the tourists left the tent, thus escaping from a dangerous factor. And to connect injuries caused by a dangerous factor in the tent and injuries received for example, from the procurement of fuel and the construction of the flooring (after 1.5 hours), too, no one will.

- A lot of questions also cause injuries to the victims: traces of nasal bleeding as in barotrauma, damage to internal organs, numerous bone fractures, and all this in the absence of traces of external influence.

-And for the public, the cause of the death of tourists will be "avalanches", "hurricanes", "Mansi", "criminals" and "bears" with "spies". In general, anything you like, just not what it was.

https://taina.li/forum/index.php?topic=1043.8220

Edited by Coil

On 6/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, Coil said:

So far, nothing happens after Zelensky’s arrival, he meets with foreign politicians and everyone is mutually satisfied, and all this is in words but in reality this doesn’t turn into any business.

The parliament and deputies oppose the president and do not dismiss Prime Minister and Minister of Defense whom Zelensky outlined.

Saakashvili returned to Ukraine and Klitschko offered him to lead the party and Saakashvili set his own conditions (apparently Klitschko no longer supports the president).

Poroshenko created a new party, European Solidarity.

News constantly discuss what Zelensky said or what comment was made as if this is the main thing in politics.

Kuchma (former President of Ukraine) was returned back to the negotiation process and he wants to relax the restrictions imposed by Ukraine on the occupied territories (apparently, the militants and the “republic” have a hard time living).The Ukrainian authorities need at least some results but in return, Russia sets its own conditions.

Kolomoisky said that Ukraine is better to declare a default and not to pay external debts, which allegedly caused the hryvnia to fall. In his own words Kolomoisky harms Zelensky's rating.The hryvnia falls and because the deputies need to prepare for parliamentary elections.

Those who attacked a woman activist and poured acid on her face (which led to her death) admitted their guilt in return for a shorter imprisonment period.I do not know whether the organizer of the murder was established as the organizer is asked for 6.6  of imprisonment for the rest of 6, 4 and 3 years ..

Zelensky's performance in Brussels was kinda, how to say it... Underperformance, thats it. Basically, Stoltenberg had to answer questions given to Zelensky.

BTW, just out of curiosity, are you watching ukrainian blogers Andrij Luhansky, Andrij Poltava, Kievskaya Rus', Did Oles' and others?

Not exactly sure what events at dyatlov pass in 1959 in ural mountains have anything to do with new president of ukraine

bmk1245

I do not watch bloggers at all. My activation in the subject was only to remove Poroshenko and Zelensky became the face of protest by the Ukrainians I see what is happening in the country without bloggers.

aztek

•  
I do not know how it was written here, I just saw.

Edited by Coil

On 6/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, Coil said:

bmk1245

I do not watch bloggers at all. My activation in the subject was only to remove Poroshenko and Zelensky became the face of protest by the Ukrainians I see what is happening in the country without bloggers.

aztek

•  
I do not know how it was written here, I just saw.

OK, Poroshenko is removed... Do you thinк "Kvartal 95" can rule the country?

PS I'd recommend Did Oles', Andrij Luhanskij, Poltava, Didusik, etc...

Edited by bmk1245

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Edited by bmk1245

20 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

I see that now he is taking such steps and trying to change the situation in the country that Poroshenko did not. Even the current Prime Minister Groysman is now complaining that it was impossible to solve some problem with President Poroshenko.
Regarding the fact that Zelensky is recruiting people from his team to power, so if you leave the previous ones or recruit deputies from the environment who remain in their posts now, this means supporting corruption further because all this corruption apparatus and all deputies and leaders of various ranks need to be filled in and not allowed to go to the leading positions of the country.
I would very much like our parliament to be completely renewed and the old parties would not go there at all. Or issue a law so as not to remain in parliament for more than two terms
but this is unlikely to happen and some of the old parties will pass there anyway. Now the singer Vakarchuk also creates his own party seeing the success of Zelensky. That’s because the Ukrainians have got so much the current politicians that the singers already have the opportunity to have a high rating and go to parliament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Parliamentary elections were held in Ukraine and the majority of the people voted for the Zelenskiy Party("Servant to the people") and in the majority districts they also won by the Zelensky party( we have a proportional system in which the parties are involved, self-promoted from the parties / just self-promoted).This is a unique case when one party gains more votes than all the others together. 176 votes for Zelenskiy, 3 - for Vakarchuk and 1 - for Poroshenko (the former president of Ukraine), feel the scale of the gain of Zelensky and the loss of other parties in majority districts! There are already rumors that coalitions with other parties do not need Zelenskiy, and one party will represent mono majority in parliament.
The result of this staggering gain is not the uniqueness of Zelenskiy but the great disappointment of Ukrainians with the past president and politicians who really robbed Ukrainians with high tariffs and only increased corruption in the country. And Zelenskiy will now have concentrated enormous power, unprecedented to this day and should skillfully dispose of it for economic recovery and the liberation of the occupied territories.
In total, five parties pass into parliament, two of them are new (Zelensky and Vakarchuk's party). So far, 80% of the votes have been counted. All candidates from the Zelensky party won in my district.

It is noteworthy that in the separatist regions of the Lugansk and Donetsk regions captured by Russia were won by all candidates from the opposition "For the Life" party, gaining the second number of votes after Zelenskiy.

While the results for the parties are:

Servant to the people - 42.93%;

Opozitsiyna platform - "For life" (Medvedchuk, Putin's mouthpiece) - 12.93%;
European Solydarnіst (Poroshenko) - 8.30%;
Batkivshchyna (Timoshenko) - 8.13%;
Voice (Vakarchuk) - 6.03%.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 8:48 AM, bmk1245 said:

why not? it is not like your politicians are doing such a good job,  far from it, so i do not see why kvartal 95 can not do better, do you really think one needs to be corrupt to the core politician to be qualified???

How many parties will approximately receive deputies in new parliament:

Servant of the People (Zelenskiy)     254
Opozitsiyna platform - "For life"         43
Batkivshchyna -                                 26 (already ahead)

European Solydarnіst-                       25
 Voice -                                               20
 other parties  -                                   8
self-promoted -                                   48

Zelenskiy party consists entirely of new deputies who had not been in parliament before. 87 people in the parliament are women.

650x374.jpg

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Coil said:

How many parties will approximately receive deputies in new parliament:

Servant of the People (Zelenskiy)     254
Opozitsiyna platform - "For life"         43
Batkivshchyna -                                 26 (already ahead)

European Solydarnіst-                       25
 Voice -                                               20
 other parties  -                                   8
self-promoted -                                   48

Zelenskiy party consists entirely of new deputies who had not been in parliament before. 87 people in the parliament are women.

650x374.jpg

and that is a good thing.

16 hours ago, aztek said:

and that is a good thing.

Yes, there was a very strong update of the parliament and those influential and well-known deputies who regularly won elections in their polling stations lost immediately to new people. Most deputies received votes on party lists and Poroshenko received only one vote on majority lists and Vakarchuk only 3 votes and the rest was totally won by Zelenskiy and self-promoted candidates  and the latter must make a choice  which party to enter or stay in by itself, although  parties  can pay a lot for entering a certain party. But even this does not really matter, since Zelenskiy still has a majority in parliament to adopt the law but to amend the Constitution 300 votes of deputies are needed.

Such parties did not go to parliament:

-The party of the eccentric "truthful man" Lyashko (he ate the land, brought a cow to the parliament and came by bicycle( hints that Zelenskiy should ride a bike to work),criticized the authorities revealingly but didn’t do anything more than words)
- The party of "Samopomich" remained behind (its head in Lviv could not build a garbage dump and the garbage lay for months on the streets)
- nationalists  party  "Freedom" lost rating because of frustration and extreme views on the language, heroes of history,flare Bandera processions in balaclava, etc.
 Shariy Party (a blogger from Ukraine who fled to Russia from persecution but paid by Putin)
 the party of the current Prime Minister Groisman (distinguished by an increase in tariffs, the lack of reforms and a quarrel with Poroshenko like he was not allowed to work)
-Oppositional party Vilkul (their mistake is that they split off from the party "For life" thinking that they will independently collect the necessary 5 percent)
-Party "Strength and Honor" by Igor Smeshko (clever man, former head of Ukraine’s security service but simply insufficient support by voters )
-The party's rating "Front for Change" was destroyed by Poroshenko earlier, while Prime Minister Yatsenyuk was removed from his post and distinguished himself by rapid career growth and the same rapid decline and they didn't even go to the polls.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Dual citizenship is not rare in Europe. Of course, the issue of dual Ukrainian and Russian citizenship is extremely sensitive at the moment. 

So the whole thing just got more complicated because it's used in the political fight between Poroshenko and Zelenskiy. I don't quite understand that part, I mean, I understand they fought before the election, but now when the election is over, it's time for cooperation. It's Putin that would profit from further quarrel between the old and the new president, obviously. 

I must say I don't like Kolomoisky's choice of words either. There's huge difference between 'civil conflict' and an aggression on one sovereign country by another country, which is exactly what goes on in Ukraine. (I'm allergic to confusing aggression with 'civil war' because my country had that exact problem: we were attacked, parts of our internationally recognised and undisputed territory occupied and still some journalists and politicians insisted it's a 'civil war'.)       

I've noticed Zelenskiy had common sense approach to sensitive issues (such as Russian language) and that's great, but it seems to me that going too far in lowering the tensions might end up as appeasing Russia and that really could slide down into quiet, gradual surrender. Hopefully, it won't develop in that way, but that 'civil conflict' detail really didn't sound right. 

I'm so sorry you've got such horrible problems right now. But your country survived even worse times. So I'm certain you'll make it, only I wish it was over already and the end is not yet in sight. 

Stay strong.     

A different perspective on what is going on is that the Crimea is home to the only Black Sea naval base which Russia owns. If it looses its naval base (a clever ploy of NATO when getting Ukraine into the EU???) then it is cut off from Syria and Iran. Then we in the West get free reign in the Middle East.

Of course Putin knows what we are up to so grabbed the Crimea. He is no a geo-strategic fool so he countered us. It is folly to expect Russia to yield to sanctions because losing that naval base is a far greater cost.

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Of course Putin knows what we are up to so grabbed the Crimea. He is no a geo-strategic fool so he countered us. It is folly to expect Russia to yield to sanctions because losing that naval base is a far greater cost.

Yes, Putin won strategically but lost politically and financially.

He could transfer all the ships to Russia and make his base of the fleet there and after all nobody attack Russia and in connection with the attack on Ukraine, the country will be even more striving for Nato.
The Ministry of Economic Development estimated the damage of the Russian Federation from external restrictions at $ 6.3 billion.

According to other sources for four years, international sanctions against Russia deprived the aggressor’s budget of $ 173 billion. The clarifying question of who determined this amount of losses, the Ukrainian side claims that these are internal calculations of the Russian government as of the end of 2018, which they do not advertise.

Bloomberg: Russia has lost $ 150 billion over 5 years of annexing the Crimea.

Putin acknowledged that Russia, because of the sanctions, did not receive 50 billion dollars.

Famous public activist Grigorieva, who supported Ukraine, was killed in St. Petersburg in Russia.
8 knife mortal wounds. In a murder suspect a janitor who helped her to do repairs in the house ..
Spoiler

650x422.jpg

650x434.jpg

650x488.jpg

650x461.jpg

Putin in Russia has already killed more than a dozen well-known journalists who criticized the authorities.

The Crimea and Russians themselves lost only on annexation but Putin does not care about it, the main thing is to take advantageous position ..

Sanctions  caused Russia great losses, lowering the exchange rate of the ruble and the living standards of the Russians, water to the Crimea is also not served from the Ukrainian side and their fields dry up, the visas to the Crimeans are not give, international transfers of money visa and mastercard do not work, thousands of soldiers killed after the seizure of Donbass from both sides, the construction of a bridge to the Crimea also took a lot of money from the Russian budget  and the constant maintenance of military resistance on the border with the Donbas requires money.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 11:23 PM, aztek said:

why not? it is not like your politicians are doing such a good job,  far from it, so i do not see why kvartal 95 can not do better, do you really think one needs to be corrupt to the core politician to be qualified???

Just out of curiosity: how do you think folks get corrupt? (rhetorical question)

• Like 1