Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comedian front-runner in Ukrainian Elections

Eldorado

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

idk, maybe  he is not as dangerous as nemtcov was yet, thus alive,

well, maybe, but it wont hurt to try, if nothing changes  no harm done, right? 

Harm is done, Navalny was sprayed with all sorts of stuff, nevertheless, system is built, no matter who becames president of rf, same s#!t will continue. The only way - tearing the last remain of russian empire to the bits.

15 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Harm is done, Navalny was sprayed with all sorts of stuff, nevertheless, system is built, no matter who becames president of rf, same s#!t will continue. The only way - tearing the last remain of russian empire to the bits.

haven't they done it in 1917?   did not work out that great.   

38 minutes ago, aztek said:

haven't they done it in 1917?   did not work out that great.   

What can I say... It worked for some, not for majority... Next thing I expect - bloody civil war, let them eat themselves.

Honestly, if 86% of rf would disappear, I wouldn't shed a teardrop...

Helen, do you know about Dejan Berić, infamous serbian terrorist, fighting alongside with russian terrorists in Ukraine?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, bmk1245 said:

He's just another dreamer of "great russian empire". Period. Putler already built system, no matter who comes after him, that s#$it cuntry will be danger for the neighbours, and for the rest of the world, unless it falls apart.

I think that Russia needs to change for the better, so I do not want its collapsebut all the republics it controls should become independent..

This was written by Solzhenitsyn in the book:

http://www.solzhenitsyn.ru/proizvedeniya/publizistika/stati_i_rechi/v_izgnanii/kak_nam_obustroit_rossiyu.pdf

Rebuilding Russia: Reflections and Tentative Proposals

https://www.amazon.com/Rebuilding-Russia-Reflections-Tentative-Proposals/dp/0374173427

Russia's problem is that it is big and strong and cruel autocrats control it inspired by dark forces, which imposes a negative on their entire nation.

On the forum, I came across information on how the root "rus" is translated from Sanskrit and there are two opposite meanings:

1.ruś -harm, annoy / insult, be annoyed, angry

2.rus, ruśat -"shine,glisten,light, white

https://polusharie.com/index.php?topic=112542.0

For me, this means that if Russia changes, it will sparkle.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Coil said:

I think that Russia needs to change for the better, so I do not want its collapsebut all the republics it controls should become independent..

http://www.solzhenitsyn.ru/proizvedeniya/publizistika/stati_i_rechi/v_izgnanii/kak_nam_obustroit_rossiyu.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Rebuilding-Russia-Reflections-Tentative-Proposals/dp/0374173427

Russia's problem is that it is big and strong and cruel autocrats control it inspired by dark forces, which imposes a negative on their entire nation.

On the forum, I came across information on how the root "rus" is translated from Sanskrit and there are two opposite meanings:

Um... What?

On 8/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, bmk1245 said:

Helen, do you know about Dejan Berić, infamous serbian terrorist, fighting alongside with russian terrorists in Ukraine?

Sorry for responding only 15 days later :D , I didn't see your post. 

No, I didn't hear about that particular... life form. Their celebrity extremists are almost always criminals, dealers who got political ambitions from too much tasting of the product they sell. There's too many of them, due to their short shelf life and none of them memorable, if you saw one, you saw them all. And they usually murder each other, so it's sort of self-solving problem. 

They are also mostly useless military-wise, all they know is to pose around, bomb the civilian targets and slaughter the wounded. They never strike at actual military targets because they're afraid of immediate response. But they can surrender and/or retreat at remarkable speed, though. Almost supernatural. And they retreat as soon as they meet any armed resistance, while actual military action against them results with their immediate surrender. I'm not joking. They blame secret American interference (I wish there was one) for their craptacular running out of Croatia, once our newly formed military was allowed to say 'boo' at them.   

But they are very dangerous for the unarmed civilians. If chetnik is around, civilians will be attacked.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Sorry for responding only 15 days later :D , I didn't see your post. 

No, I didn't hear about that particular... life form. Their celebrity extremists are almost always criminals, dealers who got political ambitions from too much tasting of the product they sell. There's too many of them, due to their short shelf life and none of them memorable, if you saw one, you saw them all. And they usually murder each other, so it's sort of self-solving problem. 

They are also mostly useless military-wise, all they know is to pose around, bomb the civilian targets and slaughter the wounded. They never strike at actual military targets because they're afraid of immediate response. But they can surrender and/or retreat at remarkable speed, though. Almost supernatural. And they retreat as soon as they meet any armed resistance, while actual military action against them results with their immediate surrender. I'm not joking. They blame secret American interference (I wish there was one) for their craptacular running out of Croatia, once our newly formed military was allowed to say 'boo' at them.   

But they are very dangerous for the unarmed civilians. If chetnik is around, civilians will be attacked.   

Here is his mug: ()link

m968626.jpg

There are rumours that he is just a tool, nevertheless, he is accountable, and he must die, one way or the other. And he will.

@bmk1245 Oh, no, no. You do not kill someone just like that. There're trials to be done. Witnesses whose testimonies must be recorded, documentation collected and officially confirmed. We owe that to the victims of the crimes.  

The sentence doesn't matter, these types are usually cleaned away by their own partners anyway, on their own bosses' orders, who cares... what matters is keeping the utterly objective records of the events. 

There's no justice in this world, but truth we still can have. So we protect the future generations from repeating our mistakes. One of the mistakes so often seen in our part of the world is trusting some of our eastern neighbours won't be that stupid again.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@bmk1245 Oh, no, no. You do not kill someone just like that. There're trials to be done. Witnesses whose testimonies must be recorded, documentation collected and officially confirmed. We owe that to the victims of the crimes.  

The sentence doesn't matter, these types are usually cleaned away by their own partners anyway, on their own bosses' orders, who cares... what matters is keeping the utterly objective records of the events. 

There's no justice in this world, but truth we still can have. So we protect the future generations from repeating our mistakes. One of the mistakes so often seen in our part of the world is trusting some of our eastern neighbours won't be that stupid again.   

Thats exactly the reason for his death - Putler and his gang don't need witnesses.

BTW, Helen, if you know a bit russian, I'd recommend Антизомби and Гражданская оборона on YT.

Edited by bmk1245

53 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Thats exactly the reason for his death - Putler and his gang don't need witnesses.

*shrugs* His problem. I wouldn't dignify that poor pile of protein with thinking about his particular fate.  

Plenty of witnesses will be available still. Russian aggression on Ukraine is already very well documented. The times when Stalin could decapitate whole Poland in one night and blame the Germans are gone. Everyone knows everything today. Of course, the fanatics will deny the truth, but it's just how fanatics bring themselves into the position of losing wars. Never trust own propaganda :lol:   

Enemy in general should be captured, rather than killed, from one very simple reason: so you've got their people to exchange for your own who were captured. 

It's not a matter of ethics, it's a matter of common sense. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Coil said:

Isn't that our Slavic 'rus' - root word from which words describing something brown were derived? It used to cover all shades, from light to dark brown, including reddish-brown. So, for example, today Russian word for brown is 'rusij' and Croatian 'rusi' means 'ginger'.    

It could have been the typical Slavic hair colour: ginger and shades of reddish brown, that one of the tribes was named with. 

But I like the theory you shared. It might be far fetched, but it makes a lot of allegoric sense :)    

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Isn't that our Slavic 'rus' - root word from which words describing something brown were derived? It used to cover all shades, from light to dark brown, including reddish-brown. So, for example, today Russian word for brown is 'rusij' and Croatian 'rusi' means 'ginger'.   

The dictionary does not say anything about hair color. Sanskrit is included in many languages and there are many Sanskrit words in Russian.

The word "rus" there is translated as:

a -1. kill 2.wound
b - anger, rage

c - decorate, smear

d- rucant  -clear, bright, white

image.png.35a68fdd208764f9ec813108308c7d55.png

image.png.a9d64b249284b874e6e05d8de1464568.png

image.png.c8fdead27dc019f10bbb5c0b87ec1387.png

pages 547-548

vocabulary:

https://www.bulgari-istoria-2010.com/Rechnici/Kochergina_V_A__Sanskritsko-russkiy_Slovar.pdf

image.png

Edited by Coil

3 hours ago, Coil said:

The dictionary does not say anything about hair color. Sanskrit is included in many languages and there are many Sanskrit words in Russian.

The word "rus" there is translated as:

a -1. kill 2.wound
b - anger, rage

c - decorate, smear

d- rucant  -clear, bright, white

image.png.35a68fdd208764f9ec813108308c7d55.png

image.png.a9d64b249284b874e6e05d8de1464568.png

image.png.c8fdead27dc019f10bbb5c0b87ec1387.png

pages 547-548

vocabulary:

https://www.bulgari-istoria-2010.com/Rechnici/Kochergina_V_A__Sanskritsko-russkiy_Slovar.pdf

image.png

If the Slavic root word 'rus' from which the name of the tribe 'Rus' really did come from Sanskrt, which can be suggested, but not really proven. 

Also, the name 'Rus' didn't have to come out of the Slavic root 'rus' at all, it might have been derived out of Latin 'ursus'. There are at least five suggestions for the origin of the name 'Rus' and none is a lot more convincing than the other. 

I thought our, Slavic languages share origin with Sanskrit, but I wouldn't say they evolved out of it. 

20 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There are at least five suggestions for the origin of the name 'Rus' and none is a lot more convincing than the other.

I trust the dictionary because it is a written fact, and although there are many versions of the origin of the Slavs, these are all versions and no one knows where they came from originally, but I suspect that it is from Hyperborea.
Maybe you don’t like the fact that I expose Slavs as murderers? But if you look at the white man of the Aryan race, then we only do what we are at war with each other and other races, so for me the white man = kill.

1 hour ago, Coil said:

I trust the dictionary because it is a written fact, and although there are many versions of the origin of the Slavs, these are all versions and no one knows where they came from originally, but I suspect that it is from Hyperborea.
Maybe you don’t like the fact that I expose Slavs as murderers? But if you look at the white man of the Aryan race, then we only do what we are at war with each other and other races, so for me the white man = kill.

You can trust the dictionary, but you should remember that Indo-European languages only share the origin. Russian did not jump directly out of Sanskrit, Russian evolved out of old Slavic language, that was already very separated from Sanskrit. Same with Germanic languages. 

For example, we've still got plug, pflug and plough to show us how closely related our languages were at the time the farming begun. With no corresponding Sanskrit word that would indicate the same root. Etc. 

In my opinion, Hyperborea is symbolic concept we can't really use outside poetry. People will stop taking you seriously the moment you start taking Hyperborea seriously. But there was an ancient homeland from which we come, and we did bring the ancestor of our languages from there. 

I don't mind you use the name Hyperborea, I'm only pointing out that you'll meet additional communication problems, because people react automatically, without attempting to see if they can translate your preferred terminology into their own preferred terminology.  

We're all murderers... all right, not everyone, but we're all descendants of murderers. Or cowards. Because, who survives? Those who kill the most efficiently and those who were the first to run away and hide.

When you think a little about that fact of life, turns out the true glory belongs to the cowards, since their temporary victory in the perpetual war, consisting of staying alive, was achieved without furthering the cycle of pain. 

But to be brutally honest, I'm more of a murderer myself. I don't think it's because I'm white. It's because I'm not suicidal.   

I'd say it's pretty universal for all people, in all the places and times. 

Ah, this was nicely removed from the socially accepted :lol: 

Anyway, how's Ukraine doing? 

There's virtually nothing in the international news, I take that as partially good sign, in the sense at least there's no imminent catastrophe. 

Are there any changes, or it remains to be seen? 

54 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Anyway, how's Ukraine doing? 

There's virtually nothing in the international news, I take that as partially good sign, in the sense at least there's no imminent catastrophe. 

Are there any changes, or it remains to be seen? 

When our parliament begins to act, it will be clear what Zelensky and his party want. So far, they want to elect people to power, cancel the immunity of deputies, punish a neighbor for voting and not come to work, the idea of reducing deputies is also in the air. Separatist-oppositionists are already accusing Zelensky of usurping power since Zelensky’s deputies are very numerous and they occupied almost all the committees and all the rest did not get anything significant and they are angry. Also, Zelensky’s deputies will sit in front and all the rest behind are few and it’s a humiliation for them to sit somewhere behind.

Zelensky takes a different position with Russia, more communicative and, as it were, is brewing an exchange of prisoners of war. Also, he dismissed Roman Bezsmertnyi from the post of negotiators in the Minsk process, as he defended the idea of Russia’s harsh response to the recent murder of our four soldiers and criticized Zelenskiy for allegedly playing cat and mouse where Zelensky is the mouse who calls Putin and reproaches him for the murders.It is for such self-will Zelenskiy dismissed Bezsmertnyi whom I recommended to Zelensky in my letters.

From Zelensky’s office wanted to take away powers from the mayor of Kiev Klitschko but they didn’t succeed, he complained to the Americans and they forced to resign to another position a man close to the president. People discuss Zelensky’s wife that she wears cheap clothes when meeting foreign guests or obviously copies the outfits of other politicians' wives. Recently, the Israeli politician’s wife traditionally had to eat a piece of loaf when she came to Ukraine but she took a bite, took it in her hand and threw a piece of loaf to the ground, which is an insult to the nation and bread in Ukraine.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coil said:

When our parliament begins to act, it will be clear what Zelensky and his party want. So far, they want to elect people to power, cancel the immunity of deputies, punish a neighbor for voting and not come to work, the idea of reducing deputies is also in the air. Separatist-oppositionists are already accusing Zelensky of usurping power since Zelensky’s deputies are very numerous and they occupied almost all the committees and all the rest did not get anything significant and they are angry. Also, Zelensky’s deputies will sit in front and all the rest behind are few and it’s a humiliation for them to sit somewhere behind.

Well, that's how people voted. The deputies who are now sitting behind humiliated themselves when they lost their voters.

1 hour ago, Coil said:

Zelensky takes a different position with Russia, more communicative and, as it were, is brewing an exchange of prisoners of war. Also, he dismissed Roman Bezsmertnyi from the post of negotiators in the Minsk process, as he defended the idea of Russia’s harsh response to the recent murder of our four soldiers and criticized Zelenskiy for allegedly playing cat and mouse where Zelensky is the mouse who calls Putin and reproaches him for the murders.It is for such self-will Zelenskiy dismissed Bezsmertnyi whom I recommended to Zelensky in my letters.

Nothing to lose with such approach. Probably nothing to gain either, but it must be attempted too. 

The exchange of prisoners of war would be just excellent! *knocks on wood* 

The situation with Bezsmertnyi is probably a part of that more communicative approach. The need to restrain your response to your own people being murdered is very hard to accept. I know. Especially since there's no guarantee such sacrifice will result with any actual positive change in Russian attitude. 

1 hour ago, Coil said:

From Zelensky’s office wanted to take away powers from the mayor of Kiev Klitschko but they didn’t succeed, he complained to the Americans and they forced to resign to another position a man close to the president. People discuss Zelensky’s wife that she wears cheap clothes when meeting foreign guests or obviously copies the outfits of other politicians' wives. Recently, the Israeli politician’s wife traditionally had to eat a piece of loaf when she came to Ukraine but she took a bite, took it in her hand and threw a piece of loaf to the ground, which is an insult to the nation and bread in Ukraine.

Why Klitschko? Was it purely political or there's anything real to say against him?  

Good for Zelensky that he has wife with healthy views. People who wear expensive clothes do that to hide their own sense of insecurity. The wife of the president shouldn't look cheap, but it's much easier to look cheap in expensive clothing.

A guest threw bread on the ground?!

Yes, that is an insult, not just in Ukraine. The bread is treated with respect in any Slavic country. Offering bread with a little salt to the guests is an ancient all-Slavic tradition.

It's also shocking to see someone throwing any food on the floor, especially in a formal occasion, even in cultures that do not respect the bread.

So I'm shocked. I hope she didn't do any of the other things I expect from people who throw food on the floor.     

Thank you for the news, stay strong. 

55 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Why Klitschko? Was it purely political or there's anything real to say against him? 

Klitschko is dumb, everyone laughs from him and he doesn’t understand that he looks funny and does not know how to speak long words.Dozens of funny moments with Klitschko have already been recorded. It has become a meme and he sometimes gives out such blunders that hold on. For example, once, he said that the people of Kiev get used to the ground instead of saying get used to the winter.

In addition, he, too, was involved in corruption schemes with the illegal development of Kiev and the cases of illegal acquisition of land allotments under his authority and did not investigate the previous one, although he threatened at the beginning of his assumption of office. Klitschko is simply an incompetent and left-wing person in general, he is one of those who are far from people and looks down on them, unlike Zelenskiy who is really on equal terms with people. Klitschko sponsored the Maidan, which turned into a bloody revolution, I don’t like artificial revolutions because people didn’t want to take up arms and politicians set them up for this, it was obvious.
Spoiler

Good for Zelensky that he has wife with healthy views. People who wear expensive clothes do that to hide their own sense of insecurity. The wife of the president shouldn't look cheap, but it's much easier to look cheap in expensive clothing.

I also do not understand how to please these people.
If you put on an expensive one they write that you stole, you eat fat and flaunt your wealth and if you dress a modest one they will condemn.
 But I will say that she needs to dress in the president’s business suit, it’s not a street to wear whatever you want, here you need a special person who understands the style of clothing, and our politicians don’t know how to wear it so that it doesn’t look ridiculous.

Spoiler

orig-1528790723db95baf4c17714f72d11f01f0

1-5.jpg

A guest threw bread on the ground?!

Yes, that is an insult, not just in Ukraine. The bread is treated with respect in any Slavic country. Offering bread with a little salt to the guests is an ancient all-Slavic tradition.

It turned out that her husband bit off a piece of loaf for himself, ate and bit off for her, and she kinda "released" it to the ground:

Spoiler

In addition, she on the plane wanted her to be welcomed by the pilot and wanted to enter the cockpit and the security did not let her in, but our pilot then greeted her after.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

@Coil I don't want to sound like I think I know better than you what Maidan was, but it was neither artificial nor wrong, in my opinion. 

What happened afterwards, the corruption among politicians, that was wrong. Maidan wasn't wrong. It was justified revolt of the people. No matter who wanted to gain what from it. After all, the bloodiness could've been avoided - Yanukovych had no right to try protecting his own ass by ordering violence against the protesters. The way I see it, all the blood is on his hands. 

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Coil I don't want to sound like I think I know better than you what Maidan was, but it was neither artificial nor wrong, in my opinion. 

After all, the bloodiness could've been avoided - Yanukovych had no right to try protecting his own ass by ordering violence against the protesters. The way I see it, all the blood is on his hands.

Arms were delivered to the protestants and 13 policemen were killed as a result.They shot at special forces from different points (the hotel and the house of trade unions). Politicians organized weapons and food on the Maidan. There are also witnesses who show how they shot the policemen in the back of the head and legs and even after giving evidence to the police they were not imprisoned.

Yanukovych’s removal was beneficial for everyone: Europeans for Yanukovych’s refusal to sign the association, Americans because Yanukovych didn’t listen to them and didn’t take money from the IMF and went to Russia, our opposition wanted to become a government, Tymoshenko was eager to be released from prison and threw any money for her release.

The mistake of the authorities was that they did not tell the people before that association with the EU is beneficial only to Europeans because it gave them more privileges and our goods did not go freely to Europe and trade quotas for the supply of goods are scooped up for a month. And they wanted us to go to the EU while we had more turnover with Russia than with the EU but we lost their market and did not acquire the European one and our hryvnia exchange rate fell due to the inability to trade in Russia and the EU.

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 1

@Coil I'm sorry the policemen found themselves in such horrible situation. With orders to go against own people. (Go people! - by the way. I'm still moved to tears when I see direct democracy.)

I am aware there was a lot of provocateurs, criminals, attempts at very dirty games, I agree that violence is abhorrent... except when it's properly dosed and with self-defence intention, which was the case with Maidan... but the majority at Maidan were the honest people with honest intentions. And they had right to be there. While the ousted president had no right to send the police at peaceful protesters. The police couldn't control the provocateurs, because they came from Yanukovych's side. It was not in the interest of Maidan to escalate violence. Only to remove the Russian puppet.  

The people had every right to rise against Yanukovych and his own, dictatorial decision to put his own, private interests above the interests of Ukraine. 

If he was just a little less arrogant, he could've adjusted his politics to the people's demand. Who would lose with that? Only Russia, under Putin, who already had Ukraine, under Yanukovych, as a puppet state. 

It is true that it'll take years for Ukraine to be present in European market in the same volume it was in Russia. The true potential will be achieved only with actual EU membership, but no one but your politicians' inactivity is stopping the agreements that already could have been made.

The EU market is almost 500 million people. (Was more than 500 million with the UK, whose 'conservatives' decided to saw the branch everyone was sitting on, with heavy Russian influence and support. Of course, a sane leadership in Russia would see the EU as a partner, not an enemy, but here we are, with Putin still all hurt and offended with the fall of god damned Wall.) 

Citizens of the EU countries mostly can afford a little something. No offence to Russia, but except few bizarrely rich oligarchs, who can afford anything anymore there? Not to mention Russia has no plans or options for the time when gas and oil are not overpriced out of any proportion. I'm not saying Russia has no resources, but at the moment, all they do is throw oil money out the window. 

So, even if the homeland and the independence were for sale, it would still be wiser to sell them to the EU.

Which is the crucial difference between the EU and Russia, by the way: the EU is the union of the equals, with common goals and future based on very logical cooperation and progress for everyone. Russia is oligarchy that serves the lowest needs of the few, with very fragile future. 

After all, I bet both Ukraine and Russia will be parts of the EU in relatively distant future. The only bad thing about that is that I won't be alive anymore, so I won't be able to say 'I told you so'.  

After all, if you don't believe me, believe Zelensky. He's not at all against the EU. Because there's no reason why anyone realistic would be against the EU. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy

2 hours ago, aztek said:

those are not regular people, those are trained paid agitators, no different than antifa here. 

:lol: Have you got no shame?

Your Trump... no, not him personally, he couldn't organize a fart... those who own Trump should pay for some provocateurs if they want some imaginary Antifa to scare the simplest among the Trumper herd. 

There's no aggressive Antifa except in the heads of American wannabe Nazis who really want 'both sides bad'. Because if the neo-Nazi Trumpers are committing acts of violence, it has to be the same among sane people, right? Wrong. Because sane people are sane *snip* 

Antifa, *snip*, is short for anti-fascist. If you think they're against you, it means you actually do think you're fascist.

One more time, *snip*

the-original-antifa-59be5a.jpg

d772ae5883af8863ff03610f0206d91c129451b3

rS303UE.jpg

Tell me again how scared you are of anti-fascism, *snip*. 

Edited by Kismit
personel attacks are against forum rules

The Eastern European posters here sure live in a strange terrifying world.

I suppose its because they lived behind the Iron Curtain. Thats why their views, particularly of Trump, are alien to us Westerners.