Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cottingley fairies photos to go up for auction

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Cottingley fairies photos to go up for auction

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Iilaa'mpuul'xem  

There's your chance mate! Grab em!!!!!

I have seen the originals, they were in the archives at the museum I worked at for a few years. I actually thought most of these were sold a couple of years ago.. I might have to sell my body to buy the rest... eBay get ready for my sale?

I took my daughter Alex to the very spot where the photos were taken, a guy at the Gym bought the house where the family lived, he was in and still is Emmerdale Farm on tv, he was lovely, allowing us to go through his garden and down to the beck, I have to say it was a lovely experience being at the same spot. 

Going to log off and get on eBay to word my sale right and choose a few photos to help sell my body.... If I get enough money I may even buy a few sherbet dib dabs also.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I took my daughter Alex to the very spot where the photos were taken, a guy at the Gym bought the house where the family lived, he was in and still is Emmerdale Farm on tv, he was lovely, allowing us to go through his garden and down to the beck, I have to say it was a lovely experience being at the same spot. 

You and Allie have both told me that story several times. Which means it's one of both of yours' greatest memories. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

You and Allie have both told me that story several times. Which means it's one of both of yours' greatest memories. :lol:

I know... :lol: and I will tell you it again in depth probably next month.... and that's why I believe in fairies. 

• Like 1

If I was very rich, I'd buy stuff like this.   Knowing that they were a hoax and all.   It'd just be cool to have them and display them.  

Who owns the original Loch ness monster photo?

• Thanks 2

i guess having "the" orginals is brag worthy but for free i can grab them off google laser scan and age them and im good.

• Like 2

Photo-shop is so much better than this.

23 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The original photographs at the center of one of the 20th century's most infamous hoaxes could fetch over $90k.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/326635/cottingley-fairies-photos-to-go-up-for-auction

The posture, theres something about these fairies to indicate a non human gait. They didn't have material to make such authentic looking wings at the time. The musculature is easily observable. This is beyond the ability of special effects people of the time (when you consider how phoney planet of the apes looks decades later). It's not cgi. They are beyond the size range of modern humans, no one could fit into such costumes. In fact, no one has ever been able to find the costumes.

I think I know an anthropologist who might be interested in this.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

i guess having "the" orginals is brag worthy but for free i can grab them off google laser scan and age them and im good.

I agree.   I was more thinking that if I had more money than I know what to do with, having the originals would be cool.   

58 minutes ago, Horta said:

The posture, theres something about these fairies to indicate a non human gait. They didn't have material to make such authentic looking wings at the time. The musculature is easily observable. This is beyond the ability of special effects people of the time (when you consider how phoney planet of the apes looks decades later). It's not cgi. They are beyond the size range of modern humans, no one could fit into such costumes. In fact, no one has ever been able to find the costumes.

I think I know an anthropologist who might be interested in this.

They explained that they used cut-outs and other things to make them.    

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 4:14 PM, UM-Bot said:

Cottingley fairies photos

Photoshop!

:yes:

5 hours ago, Myles said:

They explained that they used cut-outs and other things to make them.    

Prove it!

I know, as only a joke Myles lol. 

On 31/03/2019 at 7:21 PM, Myles said:

If I was very rich, I'd buy stuff like this.   Knowing that they were a hoax and all.   It'd just be cool to have them and display them.  

download copies and print them on photo paper for a few bucks  !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marsman said:

download copies and print them on photo paper for a few bucks  !

I'll pass.  The only reason I would want to display them would be if they were the originals.   

• Thanks 1

actually i wonder are they really "the" orginals,

remember the photo expert guy found the touched up negatives in some museum,

anyhoo, since i dont have a materialistic ego and bragging rights mean zero 

i had planned for a spell to do a project of many old photos like that, old crypto fakes etc,

do high end prints then age them toss them in old cool frames and great for my walls,

Edited by the13bats

• 2 weeks later...