Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moscow trains paranormal soldiers

macqdor

@ChrLzs the world thanks you for your public service announcement.

your straw man tactics ignored the contents of the posts.  focus sir. try to stay on topic.

ad hominems and straw man award nominees won't be announced for another 10 months.

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

the U.S. army had a similar program. the First Earth Battalion. it failed and they disbanded it after limited success. or did they? 

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Far from it.  You really should exercise your right to submit FOIA requests.   Truth is better when it's self-discovered.

What does this have to do with your inability to write a quote correctly?

Are you telling me that easily obtainable FOIA documents would prove the claims made about Russian military intelligence? 

This is not a complicated issue.

Seems like and awful lot of subterfuge and cutting edge psychic developments that indeed make it complicated. 

Has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. 

This whole scheme is the epitome of a conspiracy theory!

the U.S. army had a similar program. the First Earth Battalion. it failed and they disbanded it after limited success. or did they? 

but they had it? LOL

This reminds me of the movie Men that stare at goats "to kill with just a stare" 

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Speaking of ad hominems, it's an interesting combination you have, Macqdor.  Childish, insulting, arrogant, but added to ill-informed and gullible.

Again, for anyone new to UM, Macqdor (aka Keith Linder) has spam ads on this forum selling books, and I'd invite you to Google up his past claims and how they've gone downhill (ie.. fast).  Any old article that supports even the most ludicrous claims of paranormality is 100% true .. to Keith.

Probably the biggest laugh I'll get today.  (I should get out more..)

QFMFT.

This new thread is ridiculous even by king hoaxer standards.

(I use the term "king hoaxer" very loosely here, we all know there have been far better hoaxes perpetrated by far more credible people)

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Whenever anyone tells me "You don't know how intel works" I have to wonder how many years they spent actually working in Military Intel for a career. I did the job for 14 years, carrying the very top clearances, in Special Ops until Desert Storm happened, When my hitch ran out, I walked, because I did not agree with it morally. They kept after me for years to come back. I didn't. My decision. I still have mixed emotions about that decision but it is what it is.

However, much as I wish to claim otherwise,  did not run with psychics, Psyops is psychological Operations, which includes propaganda and mind games, like this article. Not Psiops (psychics and such).

Believe me or don't. I am a believer in very advanced "psychic" potentials in us, but this article is messing with you. 

Research into it? Probably. Military grade success on a large scale enough to implement? Nah. 

I was going to tag you Trelane and XSAS on this. 15 years of running with Corporate Measures and working with a load of  former SpecOps  guys including yourself, I never read such a load of horse pucky. 

• Like 4

I was going to tag you Trelane and XSAS on this. 15 years of running with Corporate Measures and working with a load of  former SpecOps  guys including yourself, I never read such a load of horse pucky

didn't know you was Russian.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/NSA-RDP96X00790R000100030042-9.pdf

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00791R000200030040-0.pdf

these types of Ops and studies go on off and on all the time.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00792R000500730003-0.pdf

just because you dont know about doesn't make it less legit.

if you did. you wouldn't be here.

@Piney

4 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I here just for the entertainment value. :yes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was going to tag you Trelane and XSAS on this. 15 years of running with Corporate Measures and working with a load of  former SpecOps  guys including yourself, I never read such a load of horse pucky. 

well, it is horse pucky, however, the governments HAVE checked into it and certainly there is a percentage of nuts in high places in any government. This leaves room for readers like Maq to wonder wth might be going on. However, a working, functional paranormal legion of soldiers, like comic book Psi Men or something, is not out there. Mind you the subsonic type of damages embassy personnel were suffering in Cuba and some other oddities out there tell me someone would like to infer there was eerie weird going on and a capacity to fear. Not paranormal, just ordinary evil, IMO. Lot of scared governments out there, for sure.

But, people will believe what they want to. Like real life doesn't hold enough challenges, we got to fear monger and invent new worries. JMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's public knowledge, both the US and the Soviets, experimented with this nonsense during the Cold War to gain intelligence on one another without actually sending in military personnel. Clearly, it didn't work, as telepathy or anything paranormal, is a load of rubbish and we're still spying on each other through technology and other "normal" means. When I mean "we're" obviously the UK are involved in any espionage.

• Like 2

well, it is horse pucky, however, the governments HAVE checked into it and certainly there is a percentage of nuts in high places in any government. This leaves room for readers like Maq to wonder wth might be going on. However, a working, functional paranormal legion of soldiers, like comic book Psi Men or something, is not out there. Mind you the subsonic type of damages embassy personnel were suffering in Cuba and some other oddities out there tell me someone would like to infer there was eerie weird going on and a capacity to fear. Not paranormal, just ordinary evil, IMO. Lot of scared governments out there, for sure.

@Not A Rockstar

you guys crack me up.  I like how you keep moving the goalpost - trying to have your cake and eat it to (intellectually)

Your 1st argument was no gov't would do that stuff.   Its outright rubbish!  Someone said.   Then after FOIA papers get introduced showing that multiple gov't did invest in para-studies your argument switches to

" there is a percentage of nuts in high place."  LMAO

One again straw man tactics.  The question was never introduced about who's nuts and who isn't in gov't.  The question i.e. the original link provided was that the gov't in this case Russia is engaged in Psy research. Has been and still is IMO.  it's not that complicated.  Well maybe it is, if you're here for is protecting your world view.

13 hours ago, macqdor said:

I see you lack insight in how intel works. 

To gather intel from your enemy without them knowing is priceless.  And dont get to caught up in the word war.  Most of this stuff is not for war persecution it's for information.  Negotiations,  UN, state dept. communication,  propaganda spread.  Having the upper hand before even a handshake is priceless. 

Light travels 186,000 miles per second +/- .

Thought travel?

It riddles the mind. 

I see you lack any insight into how intel works.

There is zero evidence that thought travels any distance. There is no evidence anything travels faster than c.

Only those without any understanding of science would think that this "riddles the mind."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, macqdor said:

a wise man once told me. "You want to hide the truth from the people."  Put it in a book.  

The fact that you ask that question proves the concept is accurate.  The best truth is the truth that appears out in the open. Do you think this is new?  Gov't have been practicing and investing is Psi research well after WWII.

This is nothing.  Its the tip of the iceberg.

The fact that its out means they've moved on to better things.  they've mastered it or have a good deal of control and lastly.

what can u do to stop it?   Report it?

HAHAHAHAHA  you'd be labeled a coook!

@onlookerofmayhem

I love it when people rely on failures for their evidence.

Project Stargate was a test and it failed. Money was spent. Time was available. Results were nil, nada, nothing.

Love this ludicrous inference: "The fact that its out means they've moved on to better things."

The fact that it's out might mean it was a failure. It might mean it is another attempt to try and get the US to waste money on projects like Stargate. It might mean that writing fiction is fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, macqdor said:

I've not made any claim whatsoever.

I shared a link.   To the reader his/her own.

This is a repeated falsehood you make in many threads. Let's see why this is a lie. Here are some of your claims in this thread.

1. AI and Psi research is where it's at warfare wise.
  2. Psi interrogation whole new paradigm.
  3. I see you lack insight in how intel works. 
  4. The fact that you ask that question proves the concept is accurate.
  5. Gov't have been practicing and investing is Psi research well after WWII.
  6. The fact that its out means they've moved on to better things.
  7. Come out of the shadows and realize your tax dollars regardless of where you live sponsors Psi Ops projects such as this.
  8.  Its black ops. Psi research a.k.a. Psi-Ops.   A percentage of the budget goes towards this stuff. 

You make many claims, most of which are hilariously ignorant. The only one plausible is #5. The rest go from dead wrong, #3 for instance, to extremely unlikely, #8 for instance. SOme are just wonderful example of an inability to formulate a logical statement, #4 and #6. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I see you lack any insight into how intel works.

There is zero evidence that thought travels any distance. There is no evidence anything travels faster than c.

Only those without any understanding of science would think that this "riddles the mind."

I forgot you are the expert here in virtual forum land.

@stereologist  pardon my transgression master

14 hours ago, macqdor said:

I view it differently. 

Known already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

didn't know you was Russian.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/NSA-RDP96X00790R000100030042-9.pdf

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00791R000200030040-0.pdf

these types of Ops and studies go on off and on all the time.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00792R000500730003-0.pdf

just because you dont know about doesn't make it less legit.

@Piney

This is all old material and covers some of the well known events that were a failure.

A typical fringe move is to use old, out dated material, or material that does not draw a conclusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

A typical fringe move is to use old, out dated material, or material that does not draw a conclusion.

I never heard a Puzzle Palace Spook say he was going to consult a psychic. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

his is all old material and covers some of the well known events that were a failure.

There you go again Mr Straw Man.    The question put forth wasn't if it was a success or failure.  The question put forth was did it ever exist?  If it did. To what degree?

Did gov't (countries)  ever research / invest in para-research?

If you have a question you should ask it.  No one's debating if the studies (some) were a failure.  We know that already. Duh!

Don't debate me. debate the article. debate the magazine and the person who wrote it

My argument should you ever ask is governments throughout the world from time to time have invested in para-research.  The stuff you laugh at they (your gov't) spend tax payer dollars on.

If you want to debate the failure vs. success ratio then ask a question or start a new thread.  And send me the link.

@stereologist

3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

If you have a question you should ask it.  No one's debating if the studies (some) were a failure.  We know that already. Duh!

Fixed it. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CT: OP is a Russian paid undercover agent with the target to weaken the intellectual level in general in the western world, and so the intellectual level of military personal as well, by continuous spreading of the most absurd BS possible on public boards, with books and DVDs and in radio/TV shows. Individuals who get hooked by his nonsense, will suffer an IQ decrease of 1,5 points a week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, macqdor said:

There you go again Mr Straw Man.    The question put forth wasn't if it was a success or failure.  The question put forth was did it ever exist?  If it did. To what degree?

Did gov't (countries)  ever research / invest in para-research?

If you have a question you should ask it.  No one's debating if the studies (some) were a failure.  We know that already. Duh!

Don't debate me. debate the article. debate the magazine and the person who wrote it

My argument should you ever ask is governments throughout the world from time to time have invested in para-research.  The stuff you laugh at they (your gov't) spend tax payer dollars on.

If you want to debate the failure vs. success ratio then ask a question or start a new thread.  And send me the link.

@stereologist

You still don't know what a straw man argument means. No surprise there.

I am aware of these issues and I am also aware that these were all failures. I also checked to see that there were no conclusions in most of what was in the links.

There is no disputing that some things were done although what the Russians claimed is questionable. The report simply states what the Russians claimed to have done. 

I have never disputed that governments have tried these ideas. 

I also see that you think pointing out that 

"This is all old material and covers some of the well known events that were a failure.

A typical fringe move is to use old, out dated material, or material that does not draw a conclusion."

is debating you. 

I pointed out that the fringe like to look for pretend successes by using old material.

I am pointing out that the material is old. I am pointing out that the results were failures. I am pointing out that psi was tried and it failed.

You seem to have a problem with people pointing out the truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked