Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moscow trains paranormal soldiers

macqdor

10 minutes ago, toast said:

CT: OP is a Russian paid undercover agent with the target to weaken the intellectual level in general in the western world, and so the intellectual level of military personal as well, by continuous spreading of the most absurd BS possible on public boards, with books and DVDs and in radio/TV shows. Individuals who get hooked by his nonsense, will suffer an IQ decrease of 1,5 points a week.

Mao's little red book works better. 

Does GSG 9 consult psychics now? Last time I checked they bribed drunken locals and hacked computers. 

• Like 2

CT: OP is a Russian paid undercover agent with the target to weaken the intellectual level in general in the western world, and so the intellectual level of military personal as well, by continuous spreading of the most absurd BS possible on public boards, with books and DVDs and in radio/TV shows. Individuals who get hooked by his nonsense, will suffer an IQ decrease of 1,5 points a week.

@toast

your officially the new President of my fan club.    You have to be you keep coming LOL

I took the time to look around the web to see what else is being stated out there.

It's a gas. It seems that the author is a conspiracy nut, retired colonel. There is the suggestion that some people want to restart some old Soviet projects.

Here are a few links

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-military-uses-psychics-claims-ministry-magazine/ar-BBVCBaX

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-troops-telepathy-crash-computers-defense-ministry-says-2019-4

https://www.realcleardefense.com/2019/04/04/russia_claims_to_be_training_quotparanormal_soldiersquot_for_future_wars_307398.html

• Like 3

I took the time to look around the web to see what else is being stated out there.

It's a gas. It seems that the author is a conspiracy nut, retired colonel. There is the suggestion that some people want to restart some old Soviet projects.

Here are a few links

Name calling. Labeling. Typical skeptic response. 

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

you guys crack me up.  I like how you keep moving the goalpost - trying to have your cake and eat it to (intellectually)

Your 1st argument was no gov't would do that stuff

Speaking of strawmen...

Who claimed "governments would never do that stuff"? 

And while we're at it, why did you tag this post with *poltergeist and *ghosts?

I'll give you the *paranormal tag because that is semi applicable to a story about psi-ops.

Did I miss the part of the article about Russia trying to weaponize ghosts and poltergeists?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Did I miss the part of the article about Russia trying to weaponize ghosts and poltergeists?

THAT would be a story!

• Like 1

There was the famous case of the hoaxer Nina Kulagina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Kulagina

the Cold War-era Soviet Union had an obvious motive for falsifying or exaggerating results in the potential propaganda value in appearing to win a "Psi Race" analogous to the concurrent Space Race or arms race.

Films of her doing her sleight of hand act were "leaked" to the CIA and led to such things as project Stargate.

Is this another effort to start another faux race as uninteresting as Alice's caucus race?

Let's  look more into the sort of dubious claims made about governments and their psychic research.

https://timeline.com/nina-kulagina-spy-psychic-5644ac54066d

It was an odd turn for the Soviets, considering that they saw mysticism the same way they saw religion: as an “opiate of the masses,” in Marxist terms. As historian Annie Jacobsen writes in her book Phenomena: The Secret History of the U.S. Government’s Investigations into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis, the Soviets had outlawed anything in the realm of the paranormal — that is, until they realized they might be able to use mysticism to spy on their enemies, and did an ideological about-face. But first, they had to couch their activities in more scientific terms. In a 1963 edict, “Soviet nomenclature around ESP was rewritten to sound technical,” writes Jacobsen, “thereby severing all ties to ESP’s occult past.” She goes on to list some of the notable terminological changes this entailed: mental telepathy became “long-distance biological systems transmissions.” Psychokinesis (moving physical objects with the mind) became “non-ionizing, in particular electromagnetic, emissions from humans.”

Officials involved in the program report that groups of military psychics were employed by Russia as recently as the Chechen wars.

• Like 2

Did I miss the part of the article about Russia trying to weaponize ghosts and poltergeists

Finally a good question

Answer:

• documents locked in a safe
    • Telepathic
    • written in a language they don’t speak

elements linked to unexplained "geist" and "Psi" phenomena

Edited by macqdor

The idea that the "leaked" films of Nina Kulagina were used to convince the US to fear Soviet spying has been discussed at length and it seems to be the case that the "leak" was purposeful with the intent of causing fear in the US and NATO military units.

https://medium.com/@AntonioKowatsch/the-so-called-paranormal-arms-race-was-nothing-but-a-big-waste-of-time-and-resources-5472b2bf818d

The so called “paranormal arms race” was nothing but a big waste of time and resources. As a matter of fact the CIA has spend/wasted millions of dollars on these overly-ambitious projects that more often than not were absolutely flawed (and never produced any tangible results). There are no paranormal phenomena and I am 100% certain that if they put me in a room with any of these so called psychics I’d be able to debunk them. I can make this claim because I debunk magic tricks for a hobby. 

• Like 1

https://taskandpurpose.com/5-true-stories-militarys-paranormal-activity-research

So how long was this looking into the paranormal for government purposes happening?

From the 1950s to the 1990s, the military and intelligence communities investigated psychic phenomena, conducted clandestine missions that relied on subjects believed to have supernatural powers, and competed with the Soviet Union in a psychic arms race.

That's a fair amount of time with project Stargate being a portion of it.

Results: apparently nothing of use.

According to the link it all starts with the Nazi's fascination with the occult. After WW II both sides found Nazi occult material and went from there.

Both the Soviet Union and the U.S. government pointed to the others’ research into mind control, counter mind control, and psychic phenomena in general, as justification for their research.

Not much detail on this issue but it seems that one time something happened which worked. The question of course is,  will a shotgun approach eventually end up in a hit?

With nothing to lose, the military contacted the remote viewing operation at Patterson — and they “put the secretary, Rosemary Smith, on the job, and she was able to draw maps that pinpointed where this aircraft was, within a few miles,” Jacobsen says. “The cable was sent to the CIA, and they sent a paramilitary team out to the jungle, and near the area where Rosemary Smith said it would be, they saw a villager carrying a piece of aircraft out of the jungle, and that led them to the [crash site.]”

And this is the new funding:

“Presently, the Office of Naval Research calls this program Anomalous Mental Cognition,” Jacobsen says, referring to a $3.9 million program founded by the ONR in 2014 to investigate the existence of precognition — which they refer to as “a spidey sense.” Yes, like in the comics.

I wonder if this uses dolphin telepathy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

@Not A Rockstar

you guys crack me up.  I like how you keep moving the goalpost - trying to have your cake and eat it to (intellectually)

Your 1st argument was no gov't would do that stuff.   Its outright rubbish!  Someone said.   Then after FOIA papers get introduced showing that multiple gov't did invest in para-studies your argument switches to

" there is a percentage of nuts in high place."  LMAO

One again straw man tactics.  The question was never introduced about who's nuts and who isn't in gov't.  The question i.e. the original link provided was that the gov't in this case Russia is engaged in Psy research. Has been and still is IMO.  it's not that complicated.  Well maybe it is, if you're here for is protecting your world view.

Glad you enjoyed my post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Mao's little red book works better. 

Does GSG 9 consult psychics now? Last time I checked they bribed drunken locals and hacked computers. 

Yeah there was something 2 years ago with one (?) of the Bruce Willis clones fellows allegedly involved in a corruption accusation or something like that.

• Haha 2

I wonder if this uses dolphin telepathy?

It pleases me that you're reading some of the PDF's . some of these experiments, scientists, physicists , etc state they were "successful" in certain attempts.

did you get to the stuff in China?

@stereologist

Edited by macqdor

It's hilarious how people pretend this works.

What we see time after time is that it fails. It never really works. What does happen is that after many many many failed predictions there is a hit because of the shotgun effect, i.e. blast out enough predictions and chances are something might be a hit.

As pointed out in the articles:

Evgeny Aleksandrov, who heads an anti-pseudoscience commission at the Russian Academy of Sciences, says “military parapsychology” is bunk.

Vladlen Prilutsky, Armeisky Sbornik’s chief editor, hasn’t exactly embraced the article’s findings, telling RBC that his authors are responsible for the credibility of their own texts. The magazine, he says, simply publishes “articles containing research, information, and discussion about military topics.

This is all about failure and nothing but failure.

• Like 2

Evgeny Aleksandrov, who heads an anti-pseudoscience commission at the Russian Academy of Sciences, says “military parapsychology” is bunk.

LOL  he heads the anti-pseudoscience commission at the Russian Academy of Sciences  ?

a career skeptic?:ph34r:

So who are these stars of failure from the Soviet Union and Russia?

We have Nina Kulagina. Caught often cheating.

Then there is Boris Ermolaev. He was caught cheating too.

Then there is Alla Vinogradova. She was caught cheating as well.

There is a distinct pattern here to the Russian psychics.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, macqdor said:

LOL  he heads the anti-pseudoscience commission at the Russian Academy of Sciences  ?

Let's see maqcdor's typical response to a post of this type.

From post #54 we have "Name calling. Labeling. Typical skeptic response. "

We'll have to give maqcdor the two-faced award.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's not name calling if your job title is "anti-psuedoscience...." 

That's his title. Job description career skeptic. 

Ask him personally.  He'll tell you. 

There's no objectivity if someone earns a salary critiquing everything. 

Try again.

@stereologist

All your doing is recruiting choir members from the church pew. When posting a hired skeptics opinion. 

30 minutes ago, macqdor said:

What a hypocrite you are, macqdor.  And your abysmal knowledge of Russia's history of 'pseudoscience' is revealed by your childish LOL.  Grow up, Keith, you're acting like a petulant child.

As Stereo and others have pointed out, Russia has a history of this sort of garbage - with money-making attempts mixed with propaganda schemes being rife, especially back in the 60's thru 80's.  It's a cultural thing, and was a bit more of a problem in Russia than in other nations.  The Rusiian Acadaemy of Sciences did the right thing and addressed this by forming an arm of the Academy specifically to fight this sort of thing, as it is an anathema to science and logic.

Just like you are an anathema to this forum... and this thread - like all your recent 'efforts' - shows exactly why. 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5

What a hypocrite you are, macqdor.  And your abysmal knowledge of Russia's history of 'pseudoscience' is revealed by your childish LOL.  Grow up, Keith, you're acting like a petulant child.

As Stereo and others have pointed out, Russia has a history of this sort of garbage - with money-making attempts mixed with propaganda schemes being rife, especially back in the 60's thru 80's.  It's a cultural thing, and was a bit more of a problem in Russia than in other nations.  The Rusiian Acadaemy of Sciences did the right thing and addressed this by forming an arm of the Academy specifically to fight this sort of thing, as it is an anathema to science and logic.

Just like you are an anathema to this forum... and this thread - like all your recent 'efforts' - shows exactly why. 

just so you know your personal attacks reflect poorly on you and not. Just an FYI.

keep throwing up them straw man's. they'll bound to come down some day. at your feet preferably.  Your pursuing an argument that doesn't even exist.  Which shows me you didn't read the complete (link) i.e. article.

as you were!  name calling behind a keyboard doesn't make u big, makes u extra small.  remember that.

@ChrLzs

43 minutes ago, macqdor said:

It's not name calling if your job title is "anti-psuedoscience...." 

That's his title. Job description career skeptic. 

Ask him personally.  He'll tell you. 

There's no objectivity if someone earns a salary critiquing everything. 

Try again.

@stereologist

All your doing is recruiting choir members from the church pew. When posting a hired skeptics opinion. 

No amount of whining gets you out of being two faced.

You fail - as always.

• Like 1

I wonder if macqdor will ever learn the meaning of straw man?

It is funny how those that can't provide evidence for anything lash out at those that want to see some evidence before accepting stories.

There are those that want to pretend that investigating an issue must somehow mean that the investigation was positive or negative. Maybe it was undecided.

Who posted the first straw man argument? Macqdor with this BS: "Your 1st argument was no gov't would do that stuff."

No made such a claim. That is a straw man argument by the person that needs to learn what it means.

These straw man arguments are also mixed in with astonishingly ludicrous comments such as this: "The fact that its out means they've moved on to better things."

That's a macqdor.

The simple fact is that all of these studies have turned up nothing of value. But as NotARockstar posted, "there is a percentage of nuts in high places in any government. "

• Like 3

Not whining. Just observation

Fail?  You haven't been studying google lately?  Y

You guys response is so predictable.    

Russia has studied Psi phenomena, poltergeist phenomena in the past. Still are

China ".........................................................."

United States has 

Australia has

so much time, money, energy in a science you regard as "rubbish."

I post an article that makes the front page of the Russia Defense Ministry magazine and everybody acts it's the second coming.

what you.........trip over to get to my posts is so academic now.

Don't blame me. Blame Putin LOL

"Must keep posting topics, can't let my 15 seconds of internet fame from my silly hoax die out, haven't sold nearly enough books to make it worth my time yet, haven't even broke even on all that black paint"

"Someone responded, better go type 'straw man argument' again even thought I don't know what that means"

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

I sense envy. Nothing what u said relates to the post or url posted.

Edited by macqdor

• The topic was locked