Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

movies

neen

I'm after the names of 2 movies and as far as i know they were both based on real events.The first one is about a brother and sister?who have telekenisis, and the government want to control them and the other one is about a women who is being attacked (mainly sexually) by an invisible force of some kind.They are both quite old movies and I'm pretty sure one of them is called The Fury or something like that.Sorry i can't remember much more than that but hopefully someone might remember them.Thanks

NEEN cool.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neen

• schadeaux

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one may be The Fury, with Kirk Douglas as the father and Andrew Stevens as his son. I haven't seen that one in years. 1978 - 79 was the year, I think. I remember the ferris wheel scene near the end the best. Lots of "Firestarter" type fire works.

The other is The Entity, with Barbara Hershey as a woman repeatedly raped by a poltergeist. Around 1980.

Thankyou your a gem shadeaux wub.gif I've been racking my brain for the last couple of days trying to find the names.Do you know though if they were based on fact?

The Entity is supposedly based on the true experiences of Carla Moran, and there have been mentions of it in paranormal books/magazines. This one stands out as dealing directly with sexual assault from beyond the grave, something rarely if ever heard of. (I think they eventually chalked this one up to menapause of all things, but I am fuzzy o0n the details)

The Fury is doubtful, as there were quite a few stories around at that time about government telekinetic experiment cases on the loose. LSD research and such. However, anything is possible.

Yes it's the movie the entity that interests me more as something like that happened in my teen years but not to the extreme of the movie.I used to feel a heaviness like someone was laying on me when i was in bed at night and it was definately of a sexual nature.I was paralysed with fear but at the same time strangely aroused, I know this sounds like really wierd but it did happen , i'm wondering if it was my teen hormones that were out of whack or has anyone else ever experienced this sort of presence?

I was paralysed with fear but at the same time strangely aroused

I believe your experiences were perfectly normal. Mostly it's called entering puberty. biggrin.gif

Then what about the feeling of someone on top of me and I'll add that my bed used to move when this presence moved on it, I'm sorry i can't just put it down to the simple explanation of puberty.

True enough, there may be other factors involved. There is a whole list of explanations that the "experts" would put forward. Ghostly activity is one, though not always the first. Repressed or pent-up sexual energies, latent phychokinetic abilities, usually in relation to females and both of which reportedly diminish with age. Atmospheric anomolies (?? huh.gif ??). Just a few.

Thanks shadeaux i'm glad that your open to other possabilities and that i wasn't just going through puberty.It is true though i can't remember any other episodes since i was younger,but i have had other visits but not like the one's i described earlier, but that is another different story.......

Neenron ,

I hope that one day you post the rest of those stories . It does take a bit of courage though to put up a post that might make you look like a nutter . People around here will only get there back up If it looks like someone is trying to make us look foolish , by taking the mickey .

However I know I appreciate an honest post on the subject. If it helps read this Cliker

It's a lnk to my experience , I hope it helps. smile.gif

Thanks kismit, your right it is very hard to post some of the experiences i've had as it brings up old memories and it makes me vunerable to attack on my mental state.But that is why i joined this site as it's all different people sharing there own different experiences and i like to think that most of the people out there are open minded and/or kind enough not to make fun of some of the posts.Thanks again kismit when i feel brave enough i'll post more on my experiences. smile.gif