Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey brains enhanced with human genes

marsman

Chinese, US researchers create monkeys with human-like brain development

A group of monkeys were found to have “human-like” brain development, including faster reactions and better memories, after a joint Sino-American team of researchers spliced a human gene into their genetic makeup.

Researchers from the Kunming Institute of Zoology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and the University of North Carolina in the United States modified the genes of 11 monkeys (eight first-generation and three second-generation) with the addition of copies of the human gene MCPH1.

The human gene-enhanced monkeys showed better short-term memory and quicker reaction times compared to the wild rhesus monkeys in the control group. While only the first step in this specific realm of transgenic neurodevelopment research, it could pave the way for significant research into neurodegenerative and social behavior disorders in humans.  

https://www.rt.com/news/455423-transgenic-monkeys-brain-development/

• Like 2

*facepalm* obviously they learned nothing from watching Planet of The Apes :(

...ok, I won't let the door hit me in the *door slams*

ouch

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, marsman said:

Chinese, US researchers create monkeys with human-like brain development

I don't trust this source. They've put out some wingding articles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't trust this source. They've put out some wingding articles. 

well they've been messing with animals for years.....modified cows can produce human like milk.....

Scientists create cow that produces 'human' milk

Scientists in Argentina have created the world’s first cow to boast two human genes that will enable it to produce human-like milk.

Genetic engineering was used to introduce the “mothers’ milk” genes into the animal before birth, according to the National Institute of Agribusiness Technology in Buenos Aires.

As an adult the cloned cow “will produce milk that is similar to humans” in what will prove “a development of great importance for the nutrition of infants”, it said in a statement.

“The cloned cow, named Rosita ISA, is the first bovine born in the world that incorporates two human genes that contain the proteins present in human milk,” the statement said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/8569687/Scientists-create-cow-that-produces-human-milk.html

Edited by marsman
  • Like 2

Human-Pig Hybrid Created in the Lab—Here Are the Facts
Scientists hope the chimera embryos represent key steps toward life-saving lab-grown organs.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

Sheep-Human Hybrids Made in Lab—Get the Facts
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/sheep-human-hybrids-chimeras-crispr-organ-transplant-health-science/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marsman said:

well they've been messing with animals for years.....modified cows can produce human like milk.....

Higher protein. Not higher colostrum. Horse milk actually has the highest colostrum. It's a old Indian treatment for preemies and the children of addicts and drunks.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

Higher protein. Not higher colostrum. Horse milk actually has the highest colostrum. It's a old Indian treatment for preemies and the children of addicts and drunks.

I've never seen a horse with udders, except "Black Udder" with Rowan Atkinson.

Hey wait....

• Haha 2

I’ve seen this movie!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

I’ve seen this movie!

It didn't end well for Homo Sapien.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

*facepalm* obviously they learned nothing from watching Planet of The Apes :(

...ok, I won't let the door hit me in the *door slams*

ouch

I'd be extremely disappointed if someone hadn't raised this immediately.

Even though monkeys are not Apes (knuckle draggers).

@Imaginarynumber1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The Simian Horde shall rise again

*the Quadraped Alliance masses*

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

*the Quadraped Alliance masses*

*chest beating intensifies*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The U.S. beat the Chinese to this long ago and we now have 535 of them and they're already called a Congress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

It didn't end well for Homo Sapien.

Today’s empires, tomorrow’s ashes, or maybe monkey food?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EnderOTD said:

Today’s empires, tomorrow’s ashes, or maybe monkey food?

Well, your not too far from our rice lakes so you know where to go.  

We won't eat dogs.....monkeys are a different story.  :yes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

*chest beating intensifies*

*panoply of hooves, feet and claws*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, marsman said:

Scientists create cow that produces 'human' milk

Scientists in Argentina have created the world’s first cow to boast two human genes that will enable it to produce human-like milk.

Genetic engineering was used to introduce the “mothers’ milk” genes into the animal before birth, according to the National Institute of Agribusiness Technology in Buenos Aires.

As an adult the cloned cow “will produce milk that is similar to humans” in what will prove “a development of great importance for the nutrition of infants”, it said in a statement.

“The cloned cow, named Rosita ISA, is the first bovine born in the world that incorporates two human genes that contain the proteins present in human milk,” the statement said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/8569687/Scientists-create-cow-that-produces-human-milk.html

I wonder if there will be a market for nursing bras?:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Monkey brains enhanced with human genes

ppfff please... go for a walk or even look at some people you are close with. now observe them. seriously, observe their behavior and logic. you will soon find out that they are hybrids, monkey brain in a human body. especialy true in politics and places that greatly require common logic

This could be very beneficial to humans in determining the causality and eventual curing of Alzheimer's disease.