Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange to be kicked out of London embassy

marsman

WikiLeaks: Assange to be kicked out of London embassy, arrested

The Ecuadorian embassy in London will expel WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from the building within “hours to days,” the whistleblowing organization reported, citing a “high-level source.”

Assange has been holed up in the building since 2012, when he applied for asylum there to avoid being extradited to Sweden to face sexual assault charges. Assange has maintained his innocence in the Swedish case.

“A high level source within the Ecuadorian state has told @WikiLeaks that Julian Assange will be expelled within ‘hours to days,’” WikiLeaks tweeted Thursday night.

Earlier this week, Ecuadorian President Lenín Moreno accused Assange of repeatedly violating the terms of his asylum in the embassy while speaking to radio broadcasters in the country.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/04/wikileaks-assange-to-be-kicked-out-of-london-embassy-arrested/

• Thanks 2

If he gets arrested and put in a place like GITMO, I suspect there will be timed releases of all kinds of embarrassing and damaging info directed at various governments around the world.  It could be worse for him, though.  If HRC had been elected, she could have given the order she wanted to give in 2012 - "why can't we just drone him?"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, and then said:

If he gets arrested and put in a place like GITMO, I suspect there will be timed releases of all kinds of embarrassing and damaging info directed at various governments around the world.  It could be worse for him, though.  If HRC had been elected, she could have given the order she wanted to give in 2012 - "why can't we just drone him?"

he has done 7 years in embassy.....imprisonment in sweden for rape.......IF found guilty may have been 2 or 3 years....so agreed, he just wants to avoid the punishment the US may impose. who knows....he may try suicide?

11 minutes ago, marsman said:

he has done 7 years in embassy.....imprisonment in sweden for rape.......IF found guilty may have been 2 or 3 years....so agreed, he just wants to avoid the punishment the US may impose. who knows....he may try suicide?

I have no idea but I'd doubt he'd take that route.  If he has as much info as I think he does, he has bargaining power.

• Like 1

They all cry as if he is the bad one for talking and revealing things and not one of them seems ashamed they did or said the stuff to begin with, only that it comes out. I can't comprehend that. I don't even want to comprehend that. 

• Like 5

Supporters gather after reports Assange may be ousted from embassy

Fears that WikiLeaks founder will be extradited to the US if he leaves London embassy

Supporters of the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange gathered outside the Ecuadorian embassy in central London after the organisation said its sources in Ecuador had revealed he could be removed from the building “within hours to days”.

Ecuador’s foreign ministry released a statement saying it “doesn’t comment on rumours, theories or conjectures that don’t have any documented backing”, but a senior Ecuadorian official said no decision had been made.

WikiLeaks believes Assange would be extradited to the US if he left the building and was arrested by the Metropolitan police on an outstanding warrant for failing to surrender to bail.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/05/supporters-gather-after-reports-julian-assange-may-be-ousted-from-embassy

• Like 1

A sad pathetic narcissistic individual. The best thing to do is for everyone to completely ignore him. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

A sad pathetic narcissistic individual. The best thing to do is for everyone to completely ignore him. 

Why?

I am not very familiar with him, but from my understanding Wikileaks is an international place on the internet where whistle blowers can go to leak information.

why is that bad? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Why?

I am not very familiar with him, but from my understanding Wikileaks is an international place on the internet where whistle blowers can go to leak information.

why is that bad? 

If he were able and willing to do so from an unbiased stance without the help of international intelligence agencies I dont think there would be anything wrong with that. Since he apparently cant or doesnt do either it basically makes him a spy for hire without actually admitting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

If he were able and willing to do so from an unbiased stance without the help of international intelligence agencies I dont think there would be anything wrong with that. Since he apparently cant or doesnt do either it basically makes him a spy for hire without actually admitting it.

Can I please get some clarification on the bolded part?

• Like 2

Thought that said somebody's /\rsse was being kicked out of London.

========================================================================================================

Guess who came to mind eh!??!?!?!!  Oh UUUUUUPDATE, sorry -- do go on,

my bad for interrrrupting. 

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

allow me...... I expect he's talking about the *cough* Russians *cough* giving Assange
emails that they *cough* allegedly hacked.... even though Assange flat denies it and Wikileaks
offered a substantial amount of money for anyone coming forward with information about the Seth Rich murder... 

Farmer can correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't resist chipping in... ^_^

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Sure but to keep it simple Ill just quote Pompeo

"It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is: a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," said Pompeo, a former Kansas congressman who was tapped by President Trump to lead the CIA.

CIA chief calls WikiLeaks 'non-state hostile intelligence service'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

UN expert to Ecuador: Don't expel Julian Assange from embassy

An expulsion may put the WikiLeaks founder at risk of "extreme vulnerability," says a UN rapporteur on torture.

The UN Special Rapporteur on torture is concerned with Julian Assange's possible expulsion from the Ecudoran embassy in London.

Nils Melzer on Friday said he's "alarmed by reports" that the WikiLeaks founder may be expelled and wants to personally investigate the case.

"If Mr. Assange were to be expelled from the Embassy of Ecuador… [it] could expose him to a real risk of serious violations of his human rights," Melzer said in a release. "Extradition without due process safeguards, including an individual risk assessment and adequate protection measures violates international law, particularly if the destination state practices the death penalty and has not disclose the criminal charges held against the person concerned."

Assange may be expelled from the embassy, where he has lived for almost seven years, after Ecuador's President Lenin Moreno said he had "repeatedly violated" the terms of his asylum, according to Reuters. Assange in October sued Ecuador for allegedly violating his "fundamental rights and freedom."

On Thursday, Wikileaks tweeted that Assange could be expelled from the embassy within "hours to days."

https://www.cnet.com/news/un-expert-to-ecuador-dont-expel-julian-assange-from-embassy/

British police stationed armed officers outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London on Friday after tweets from WikiLeaks quoted what it said were high-level sources saying Julian Assange could be kicked out of the building within "hours to days."  The red-brick embassy building with white window frames and balconies was quiet, though a few protesters gathered outside.

No embassy official commented on the WikiLeaks founder's status. British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said Assange is a "free man" and can leave the embassy whenever he chooses. ????

Asked about the presence of armed officers outside the Ecuadorian Embassy, London's Metropolitan Police force said there had been no change in police procedure. Police said in a statement there is an active warrant for Assange's arrest and that the police are "obliged to execute that warrant should he leave the Embassy."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/julian-assange-police-stationed-outside-ecuador-embassy-in-london-amid-wikileaks-tweets-2019-04-05/

Oh okay so its not the orange trumpet guy, but Assange ! got it !.. who is always in trouble with some country isn't that right?!?!! wasn't it Venezuela last time? oh wellz never mind me just cruising by LATERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WikiLeaks: Ecuador official says claims Assange will be expelled are 'unfounded'

Ecuador's minister of foreign affairs Jose Valencia said the claims were "unfounded".

He tweeted: "The rumours of the imminent exit of Assange come from months ago.

"The govt will not be giving a running commentary about unfounded current rumours that furthermore are insulting.

"Ecuador takes its decisions in a sovereign manner independent of other countries.

https://news.sky.com/story/wikileaks-julian-assange-to-be-expelled-within-hours-to-days-11684549

:blink:

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2019 at 6:54 PM, spartan max2 said:

Why?

why is that bad? 

Well, wikileaks was basically Assange saying I can do anything I like and I'm absolutely wonderful (look at me!!!!!) and above the law and you can't stop me .... na, na, na, na, na! 

Although as he has since discovered, not everyone on the planet adores him, and not all his acolytes want to shag him whenever he wants them to - hence the arrest warrant for rape ;)  

If he's got religion he'd have been a cult leader.  And probably committed mass suicide by now.  

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, MWoo7 said:

Oh okay so its not the orange trumpet guy, but Assange ! got it !..

Easy mistake to make, as they are very similar - self obsessed, totally convinced they are right on everything and no empathy at all. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Essan said:

Easy mistake to make, as they are very similar - self obsessed, totally convinced they are right on everything and no empathy at all. 

Yeah I had got online zipped over here and quickly read the title the wrong way.

Yep.. I was thinking god! what has he done now ? upsetting the queen?!?!?!!!
    THIS GUY !  ha! SOMEBODY HAS TO PULL ON HIS REIGNS WHERE'S KELLY ANNE ???? Conway , somebody ! hahahahaha but -- it was somebody else WHEW/PHEW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MWoo7

LONDON — Julian Assange, the fugitive founder of WikiLeaks and publisher of state secrets that embarrassed governments across the world, was arrested in London on Thursday almost seven years after he sought refuge in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Source: NBC News

• Like 1

Good news!   The arrogant little ****e finally discovers that even he, God almighty who can do whatever he wants (including shagging anyone he wants) with no regard whatsoever for the consequences (how many deaths is he indirectly responsible for?  We'll never know) isn't above the law.

So then.. he will be extradited to Sweden.. and immediately re-extradited to the USA. 

• Like 1