Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange to be kicked out of London embassy

marsman

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So then.. he will be extradited to Sweden.. and immediately re-extradited to the USA. 

Believe Sweden previously dropped the case against him: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/19/julian-assange-signals-he-will-stay-in-ecuadorian-embassy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So then.. he will be extradited to Sweden.. and immediately re-extradited to the USA. 

So far all we know is he’s being nicked for fleeing a lawful warrant.

^^ One of Assange's legal team.

Suspect he may be shortly spending some quality time, this side of the Atlantic.

ETA: Or maybe the extradition battle will drag on for several months / years. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So far all we know is he’s being nicked for fleeing a lawful warrant.

Indeed SWoH... a 'lawful' European Arrest warrant from Sweden, even though he is not under arrest there. (they have different rules about this sort of thing... a warrent can be issued just to question somebody, even if they have not been arrested). 

However, the suspicioun is that this is just a ploy to get him to America. 

Well, we shall see. 

Julian Assange, 47, (03.07.71) has today, Thursday 11 April, been further arrested on behalf of the United States authorities, at 10:53hrs after his arrival at a central London police station. This is an extradition warrant under Section 73 of the Extradition Act. He will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court as soon as possible.

Source: Metropolitan Police

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actions always have consequences  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Indeed SWoH... a 'lawful' European Arrest warrant from Sweden, even though he is not under arrest there. (they have different rules about this sort of thing... a warrent can be issued just to question somebody, even if they have not been arrested). 

However, the suspicioun is that this is just a ploy to get him to America. 

Well, we shall see. 

Yeah, so this is what I didn't understand, I remember reading years ago that the woman who accused him recanted, admitting she was angry at him or something? Then all charges and warrants were dropped only to be reinstated some time later by one woman prosecutor for unknown reasons. I'm a little fuzzy on complete details. If he were just to be questioned, why waste 7 years of your life trapped in a building you can never leave? Wondering if there arent some people out there with a hit planned for this guy...a case of knowing too much.

16 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

He said he had a "fail safe" at one point. We'll see pretty soon then.

He'll probably reveal the bank details of everyone in America ... and then be utterly confused as to why people still don't think he's the Messiah .....

• Haha 1

The US charges against Assange have been announced:

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Julian P. Assange, 47, the founder of WikiLeaks, was arrested today in the United Kingdom pursuant to the U.S./UK Extradition Treaty, in connection with a federal charge of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion for agreeing to break a password to a classified U.S. government computer.

Source: US Attorney's office, Eastern District of Virginia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

apparently he'll get a max 5 years if convicted in the US in relation to to offenses highlighted in the extradition warrant. I wonder if he now feels self imprisonment for 7 years was worth it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So he was right all along. The American's want to nobble him. 

• Like 1

I wonder if they slip up and he makes a mad dash for the Russian embassy? Seriously, at least he'll get to travel, after being cooped up for so long.. They say the weather in Gitmo is lovely, this time of year.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

apparently he'll get a max 5 years if convicted in the US in relation to to offenses highlighted in the extradition warrant. I wonder if he now feels self imprisonment for 7 years was worth it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

He said he had a "fail safe" at one point. We'll see pretty soon then.

I was just going to ask about that. Assange supposedly has a "dead man switch" that likely has kept him alive until this point. He claims that Wikileaks has thousands of documents that are heavily encrypted, ready to be spread around the world at a moment's notice. Should anything happen to him, the encryption key will be released and the net will be flooded with classified material on everything from insurance companies to politicians and whatever lies in between them.

ETA--

At least they finally stopped pretending a dubious "rape" case was the cause of all this.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, marsman said:

he has done 7 years in embassy.....imprisonment in sweden for rape.......IF found guilty may have been 2 or 3 years....so agreed, he just wants to avoid the punishment the US may impose. who knows....he may try suicide?

Its a good indication he knows what prison sentence is coming as he is guilty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

We dont yet know what he will be charged and convicted off or what the maximum sentences will be.

As he has tried to evade justice I hope the US/Sweden gives him the maximum possible sentence to make a point, even if that is life in prison without the possibility of parole.

That will show the narcissistic moron.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve long argued that Assange should leave the embassy and stand for the charges against him in Sweden.

I like how the British use the word “shag” at great liberty, whereas in the United States we can’t use our favorite word in public.

Unlike Edward Snowden, unfortunately, I can see no special, supernatural protection for Julian Assange. However, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find that he has several tactical warheads, hidden.

<<grabbing the popcorn> >

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

He might be extradited to Sweden (if the case get opened again) he is most likely to get extradited to the USA. Anyways  He seems very fishy to me....

Edited by Impedancer

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

As he has tried to evade justice I hope the US/Sweden gives him the maximum possible sentence to make a point, even if that is life in prison without the possibility of parole.

That will show the narcissistic moron.

Not often we agree - but I won't argue with this ^

• Like 2

Does anyone have any clues about what material Assange might be holding onto, as a weapon?

I haven’t read any specific speculation but perhaps someone here, has?

An interesting argument by Assange’s attorney, is made two minutes into this broadcast, where he says, the real charge is .... “conspiracy to commit journalism.” 

Perhaps now would be a good time to recall what it was, exactly, that p***ed off the American government.

If all of the innocent dead civilians, murdered by the US government, gathered together in the afterlife, I’m fairly sure they could petition the office  of the Lord of the Earth, or a member of said office. Not necessarily on behalf of Julian Assange, but certainly on behalf of their own, unfair and early demise.

The truth is, the US government has yet to fully understand the power of innocent blood. Much less, the power of that petition. 

In 2006, the U.S. government was warned that the sun would literally set on them, if weapon sales to the nations continued, which is directly related to the issue of innocent blood. 

As an example....

Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.” —Genesis 18:1–20

• Thanks 2

Additional details:

‘5 years for ATTEMPT to crack a password?’ Journalists, whistleblowers slam US Assange charge

A statement from the Department of Justice on Wednesday said Assange had been charged for engaging in a conspiracy to crack a password on a Department of Defense computer in order to release classified information. If found guilty, he could face up to five years in prison.
[...]
Fellow whistleblower and former CIA employee Edward Snowden said on Twitter that the “weakness of the US charge against Assange is shocking” in that the allegation that Assange and Manning had “tried” to crack the password had been public knowledge for “nearly a decade,” and that the Obama administration’s DOJ had concluded that prosecuting Assange would pose a threat to press freedom.

No fair trial awaits Assange at US ‘Espionage Court,’ only more charges – CIA whistleblower Kiriakou

Kiriakou believes that once in US custody, Assange would face additional charges and may spend the rest of his life in jail.

“I think that there are many more charges to be considered for Julian. I would expect a superseding indictment, possibly to include espionage charges,” he told RT.

"I don’t think Julian is looking at five years in prison. He is probably looking at 50 years in prison."

The US court that would try Assange will not give him a fair trial, Kiriakou believes. “They don't call EDVA the ‘Espionage Court’ for nothing,” he tweeted earlier in the day. He told RT he was speaking from his personal experience.
[...]
No national security defendant has ever won a case in the EDVA. In my case, I asked Judge Brinkema to declassify 70 documents that I needed to defend myself. She denied all 70 documents. And so I had literally no defense for myself and was forced to take a plea.”

This is not looking good, boys. No bueno..

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Does anyone have any clues about what material Assange might be holding onto, as a weapon?

I haven’t read any specific speculation but perhaps someone here, has?

A lot of stuff implicating the US military, including strikes on civilians and bogus missions in foreign lands. A lot of documents exposing politicians and insurance scams. The details of what WikiLeaks has are fuzzy as they keep their cards close to the chest for a good reason just ask Seth Rich's ghost. But it sounds like there is a little something in there for everyone, hence the coordinated efforts to get Assange. 

If his "dead man switch" is real, we will know within a few days. Lots of people have already downloaded the 300+GB of documents, all they need now is Assange's encryption key to open them. Can you imagine how many heads are spinning right now? How many corrupt politicians are laying on sweat soaked sheets at night praying to God Baphomet that Assange is bluffing? 

• Thanks 1