Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange to be kicked out of London embassy

marsman

1 minute ago, Setton said:

All the people who work with classified material. Every time some of it is leaked, at least one person is made less safe. When you leak on this scale... 

Sorry.... that's a FAIL...

and your imaginary ''''hundreds of innocent people'''' have just faded into the mists of your wishful thinking
and perception management... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bee said:

Sorry.... that's a FAIL...

and your imaginary ''''hundreds of innocent people'''' have just faded into the mists of your wishful thinking
and perception management... 

How so? Do you not understand the concept of a source? 

If you publish information only a handful of people know, it doesn't take much to work out who talked to the authorities. 

Or do these people who risk their lives, sacrifice friendships and relationships all to keep everyday people like you and me safe not deserve our protection in return? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Setton said:

How so? Do you not understand the concept of a source? 

If you publish information only a handful of people know, it doesn't take much to work out who talked to the authorities. 

nice to see you are so concerned about the safety of the whistle blowers -

but haven't you got it all muddled up.... ?

unless you are  referring to wikileaks as the authorities..... ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bee said:

nice to see you are so concerned about the safety of the whistle blowers -

but haven't you got it all muddled up.... ?

unless you are  referring to wikileaks as the authorities..... ?

Let me explain it very simply for you. 

Bob and Derek are friends with Al.

Al asks Bob and Derek to help him blow up a school.

Derek is on board with this. Bob isn't.

Bob goes to the authorities and tells them what Al and Derek are planning.

The authorities keep Bob's involvement secret to protect him. But they don't have enough to arrest Al yet so they ask Bob to pretend to help him.

Suddenly, some moron with a superiority complex decides to make all the documents about Al's plan public. Derek sees these documents. 

Only Derek and Bob knew those details. Derek knows he didn't talk. 

Derek shoots Bob. 

And the narcissistic moron pats himself on the back, never knowing Bob existed. 

People like you congratulate him for it. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

By compromising the identity of security agents you compromise their ability to act (especially so when acting under cover).  This reduces the security forces' ability to prevent terrorist attacks.

We will never now how many attacks might have occurred because of such compromises.  But if even one child died as a consequence, does it justify the ends?     I do appreciate though that some feel collateral damage is always acceptable .....

Meanwhile, I do find it interesting how cult leaders continue to attract acolytes even when their most disgusting traits have been made public!

3 hours ago, Essan said:

By compromising the identity of security agents you compromise their ability to act (especially so when acting under cover).  This reduces the security forces' ability to prevent terrorist attacks.

We will never now how many attacks might have occurred because of such compromises.  But if even one child died as a consequence, does it justify the ends?     I do appreciate though that some feel collateral damage is always acceptable .....

Meanwhile, I do find it interesting how cult leaders continue to attract acolytes even when their most disgusting traits have been made public!

There are 10,000s of ordinary members of society who have been `exposed` on Wikileaks for various associations. If its 6 months for each breach of the Data Protection Act then with just 10,000 violations thats 5000 years in prison right there. Do it USA or Sweden! Lock up this justice evading moron for life!

Thats before we even get to him breaking into intelligence agency computers and committing rape. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I hope they announce where he will serve his time as I will send him a gift - a large tube of lube because he is going to need it.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 7:00 PM, Raptor Witness said:

I like how the British use the word “shag” at great liberty, whereas in the United States we can’t use our favorite word in public.

you can use that word by quite innocently mentioning the feathered bird.............. heres one

New Zealand king shag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_king_shag

or in assanges case........mention the..................Rough-faced Shag      :D

https://www.hbw.com/species/rough-faced-shag-leucocarbo-carunculatus

or....

A shag is a rug or carpet that has a deep pile, giving it a shaggy appearance. The name derives from Old English sceacga, related to Old Norse skegg, beard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_(fabric)

plus dont forget.....shaggy....in scooby doo

Edited by marsman
  • Like 1

Tucker: Assange's True Crime Was 'Embarrassing Virtually Everyone In Power in Washington'

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said Thursday night that Julian Assange's real crime was embarrassing the powerful in Washington, DC.

"Julian Assange embarrassed virtually everyone in power in Washington," Tucker Carlson said. "He published documents that undermined the official story on the Iraq war and Afghanistan. He got Debbie Wasserman Schultz fired from the DNC. He humiliated Hillary Clinton by showing that the Democratic primaries were in fact rigged."

"Pretty much everyone in Washington has reason to hate Julian Assange," Carlson said. "Rather than just admit that straightforwardly he made us look like buffoons so now we're sending him to prison!"

Tucker went on to interview Mark Steyn who was similarly on point:

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60055

• Like 1

Anonymous Issues Chilling Threat to ‘Enemies of People’ Over Assange’s Arrest

“Let Assange free or you will pay!” — this is the stark warning that has been issued by the hacker group Anonymous to the “captors” of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who was arrested on 11 April at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London by UK police “on behalf of the United States authorities”.

“This is a message for the UK government and their cohorts around the world who are working to silence whistleblowers. […] This arrest and the greater persecution of Wikileaks and other whistleblowers sends a clear message that these governments will stop at nothing to maintain their secrecy. […]”, the hacktivists wrote.

In a lengthy message, Anonymous highlighted that Assange is considered to be an “enemy of the state” because he has brought to light the crimes of both the left and the right.

“Influential people representing the governments of the UK, the United States, and Ecuador have all signed off on this unprecedented attack on journalism. […] Every single powerful person who has signed off on this order should be shaking in their boots, because the force of the internet is about to be unleashed upon them. All the way from the CIA, the President of the United States, and down to the arresting officers that carried Assange out of the embassy, you have all exposed yourselves as enemies of the people and it is time for Anonymous to act accordingly”, the group warned.

https://sorendreier.com/anonymous-issues-chilling-threat-to-enemies-of-people-over-assanges-arrest/

• Like 1

Ecuador Hacked After Julian Assange Arrest

Two days after the Thursday arrest of Julian Assange at Ecuador's London embassy, several government websites were hacked; including Ecuador's official website, the Central Bank of Ecuador, the Ministry of the Interior and the Ecuadorian Assembly in the UK, according to Gateway Pundit's Cassandra Fairbanks, who was in London last week and documented the run-up to Assange's arrest.

Looks like at least one Ecuadorian government subdomain has been hijacked. https://t.co/Ivl897ACQF pic.twitter.com/piwFjuRwIJ
    — Jacob Riggs (@Riggsbit) April 13, 2019

Concurrent with the breach, a hacking group operating under the name "AL1NE3737" released a database containing the full names and passwords for what appear to be 728 Ecuadorian government employees.

I believe I've just found another database dropped with the full names and bcrypt hashed passwords for what appear to be 728 Ecuadorian gov employees alongside 5 admin credentials, one password of which is MD5 hashed (lol). Not sure exactly where these were sourced from yet.
    — Jacob Riggs (@Riggsbit) April 13, 2019

Furthermore, Ecuador's sites were hit with Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. According to DefCon Lab.

Among those involved in these attacks stand out from the groups / hacker DeathLaw , 5UB5, Cyb3r C0nven Security and Al1ne ( Pryzraky ).

DoS actions has consistently been against the Ecuadorian government targets, the country that gave Julian Assange to the UK police." -DefCon Lab

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-13/ecuador-hacked-after-julian-assange-arrest

• Like 1

Assange Dumps All Wikileaks Files As Stated During Arrest - Here They Are!

This is absolutely incredible and for those who actually do investigative journalism, this is going to be source material for possibly years to come.  As co-founder of Wikileaks Julian Assange was arrested and dragged from the Ecuadorian embassy in London, he stated the files would be dumped, and unlike the state controlled media, you could bank on him following through with what he said.

Click here to view the massive document dump from Wikileaks.

Assange had made it known this was coming as a result of his arrest.  Now, once again, he's made good on his word in the face of the US government's threats to criminalize him for something that other press and publishers do all the time.

https://freedomoutpost.com/assange-dumps-all-wikileaks-files-as-stated-during-arrest-here-they-are/

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, RabidMongoose said:

There are 10,000s of ordinary members of society who have been `exposed` on Wikileaks for various associations. If its 6 months for each breach of the Data Protection Act then with just 10,000 violations thats 5000 years in prison right there. Do it USA or Sweden! Lock up this justice evading moron for life!

Thats before we even get to him breaking into intelligence agency computers and committing rape. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I hope they announce where he will serve his time as I will send him a gift - a large tube of lube because he is going to need it.

Oh, I don't know MGoose. To me the rape charges with the two Swedish women looked fake. contrived. convenient.  But the rest of your charges are Ok, ya.

• Like 1

It seems Assange is a nut case, insulting embassy staff, even spreading feces on the walls. hygiene problems etc...

Get him over to America and give him the leccy chair

• Confused 1

On 17/04/2019 at 1:27 PM, stevewinn said:

It seems Assange is a nut case, insulting embassy staff, even spreading feces on the walls. hygiene problems etc...

?

you want a man killed for hygiene problems? insults?    maybe we should closer scrutinise you and your way of thinking...you sick ass

Edited by marsman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Assange is not only psychotic, but so too an egregious international traitor.

His actions directly and severely harmed the intelligence communities of many nations.

What was his intent? What was his goal?

Surely not journalistic, because "journalists protect sources" and he clearly obliterated that.

So, Assange is an international traitor.

If I were trapped in a building where I knew everyone hated me for 7 years I'd probably go a bit squirrelly. What I want to know is where are all the stories about him. It's very silent. What's glong on?

Ron Paul: "As Long As Assange Is In Prison, We Are All In Prison"

Last week’s arrest of Wikileaks publisher Julian Assange by the British government on a US extradition order is an attack on all of us. It is an attack on the US Constitution. It is an attack on the free press. It is an attack on free speech. It is an attack on our right to know what our government is doing with our money in our name. Julian Assange is every bit as much a political prisoner as was Cardinal Mindszenty in Hungary or Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

They, and so many more, were imprisoned because they told the truth about their governments.

Repressive governments do not want their citizens to know that they are up to so they insist on controlling the media. We are taught, at the same time, that we have a free press whose job it is to uncover the corruption in our system so that we can demand our political leaders make some changes or face unemployment. That, we are told, is what makes us different from the totalitarian.

The arrest of Assange is a canary in a coal mine to warn us that something is very wrong with our system.

What’s wrong? The US mainstream media always seems to do the bidding of the US government. That is why they rushed to confirm Washington’s claim that the Assange indictment was not in any way about journalism. It was only about hacking government computers!

As the New York Times said in an editorial, sounding like a mouthpiece of the US government, Julian Assange committed “an indisputable crime.” But was it? As actual journalist Glenn Greenwald wrote last week, what Julian Assange did in 2010, for which he is facing extradition to the US, is no different from what New York Times and other journalists do every day! He attempted to help Chelsea Manning shield his identity as he blew the whistle on US government crimes to a publisher. The information in question included a video showing US military personnel participating in and cheering the murder of Iraqi civilians. Why is it criminal for us to know this?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-15/ron-paul-long-assange-prison-we-are-all-prison

On 17/04/2019 at 1:27 PM, stevewinn said:

seems you fell for the anti-assange propaganda

Speaking to Sky News, Fidel Narvaez disputed claims that Assange had assaulted guards, didn't clean up after himself, didn't take care of his pet cat and even smeared human excrement on the walls of the embassy.

He said: "Julian had a respectful relationship with staff, diplomats and administrative staff. I don't recall a single incident when he disrespected someone until I left in July 2018.

"He was 100% respectful. Clean and tidy? What is clean and tidy? Did he put the dishes in the dishwasher? Probably not at weekends. Is that a crime?"

https://news.sky.com/story/respectful-assange-put-through-hell-at-embassy-says-former-diplomat-11698113

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, marsman said:

seems you fell for the anti-assange propaganda

Speaking to Sky News, Fidel Narvaez disputed claims that Assange had assaulted guards, didn't clean up after himself, didn't take care of his pet cat and even smeared human excrement on the walls of the embassy.

He said: "Julian had a respectful relationship with staff, diplomats and administrative staff. I don't recall a single incident when he disrespected someone until I left in July 2018.

"He was 100% respectful. Clean and tidy? What is clean and tidy? Did he put the dishes in the dishwasher? Probably not at weekends. Is that a crime?"

https://news.sky.com/story/respectful-assange-put-through-hell-at-embassy-says-former-diplomat-11698113

Are you Pro-Assange

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Are you Pro-Assange

not at all....I just prefer a balanced approach....with fact checking

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, marsman said:

not at all....I just prefer a balanced approach....with fact checking

We both look forward to his day in court then. Where the facts will out. unfortunately the man went on the run for 7 years. denying his supporters of the facts. yet they still supported him. strange. i wonder how many other fugitives they support.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some news...

"Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange has been sentenced to 50 weeks in jail for breaching his bail conditions.

"The 47-year-old was found guilty of breaching the Bail Act last month after his arrest at the Ecuadorian Embassy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48118908