Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange to be kicked out of London embassy

marsman

Trump trying to distance himself from Assange at the 9th hour:

The CIA Post

President Trump, who repeatedly praised WikiLeaks for releasing damaging material on Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential race, on Thursday sought to disavow his past enthusiasm following the arrest of the organization’s founder, Julian Assange.

“I know nothing about WikiLeaks,” Trump told reporters. “It’s not my thing. I know there is something to do with Julian Assange. I’ve been seeing what’s happened with Assange. And that will be a determination, I imagine, mostly by the attorney general.”

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

A lot of stuff implicating the US military, including strikes on civilians and bogus missions in foreign lands. A lot of documents exposing politicians and insurance scams. The details of what WikiLeaks has are fuzzy as they keep their cards close to the chest for a good reason just ask Seth Rich's ghost. But it sounds like there is a little something in there for everyone, hence the coordinated efforts to get Assange. 

If his "dead man switch" is real, we will know within a few days. Lots of people have already downloaded the 300+GB of documents, all they need now is Assange's encryption key to open them. Can you imagine how many heads are spinning right now? How many corrupt politicians are laying on sweat soaked sheets at night praying to God Baphomet that Assange is bluffing? 

I’m not a conspiracy minded person, but I do suspect that there are some legitimate conspiracies, which may not have come to light, and those could indeed be the wrecking ball for whomever is involved.

The problem is, most of the conspiracies involving United States, have already been discovered and are fairly obvious.

If he has any secret violations of the US Constitution, that would be interesting.

Indeed, we’ll see if he’s been bluffing the whole time.

• Like 1

Why haven't the publishers of these secrets been prosecuted (newpapers).

• Like 1

The Military Industrial Complex has finally got their man.... 
His crime..?.... to give a platform to whistleblowers...
And for that... he is reviled and thrown to the wolves...

In a normal sane world the work that Assange has done would be appreciated...
For example by anyone who thought Hillary Clinton would be a dangerous President..
By all Bernie Sanders supporters who were shown how he was stitched up in rigged internal Democrat Elections..
By all Democrats who oppose corruption and cronyism weakening the cohesion of their party.. ...
By all Trump supporters and Republicans who benefited by the release of the emails...
By anyone in the US who is benefiting from the economic policies of the Trump Presidency ...
By anyone opposed to the Iraq war...

But it looks like the Russian card is being played AGAIN..... and when you think about the timing of
his arrest you have to wonder if it is designed to follow up the Mueller Report --- to give the BS a bit more mileage..   

This is a fair analysis from Tucker Carlson ....

• Like 2

Quite extraordinary that the British judge declared him a "narcissist". Where did that come from ? Where do I find the crime of "narcissism" in the statutes ?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The CIA Post

IMO...he's too canny to get embroiled in it at this point.... it's a very hot political potato..
especially after the insanity of the Trump / Russia Collusion nonsense dragging on for 2 years..

But if Assange gets prosecuted and imprisoned (which looks likely) while Trump is still President
I would hope that he would pardon him...

Obama pardoned Bradley Manning.... now Chelsea Manning..... and he was the actual whistle blower..

But whistle blowers need to get their whistle blowing out somewhere and are nothing without a platform..
And so he is demonized..... and some people happily call for him to be incarcerated for life... 

for........................... publishing material coming from others and revealing truths that would otherwise remain hidden... 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Quite extraordinary that the British judge declared him a "narcissist". Where did that come from ? Where do I find the crime of "narcissism" in the statutes ?

I've noticed this is a key word people are encouraged to use to describe Assange... 
the judge must be in cahoots with the whole.... Take Down Assange Operation...

It's to make it look like he did what he did for personal gain rather than the general good..
(as you know... I'm just saying)

Assange has made a huge contribution to modern politics and his enemies and targets
are not going to forgive him for that and they will misuse power to get their revenge -

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Perhaps now would be a good time to recall what it was, exactly, that p***ed off the American government.

yes... this is just part of the footage that Bradley Manning (now Chelsea Manning)... leaked to Wikileaks...
further on a bus arrives to pick up the dead and wounded... there were children in the bus... the bus was
shot up as it was acting as an ambulance and one US soldier ends up running down the road with a
wounded child in his arms to get it to a doctor.... (video under name of Collateral Murder but the longer
version..)

that's from memory I haven't watched it for a long time.. full version on YouTube somewhere..

my sympathies go out to all involved...including the US soldiers in the Apache Helicopter who are
dehumanized by being required / ordered to do that.... to shoot up civilians walking around the streets from
about a mile up in the sky... :(... they have to live with that...

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Sitting reading a book while in the dock is just a smidge rude, to say the least.

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Well mainly because he is a classic example of a narcissistic sociopath ;)   Have you not been following his behavior over the years?

He'd also have made a classic James Bond 007 villain.  The end always justifies the means, regardless of the consequences and who else gets hurt ;) 

1 minute ago, Essan said:

Well mainly because he is a classic example of a narcissistic sociopath ;)   Have you not been following his behavior over the years?

He'd also have made a classic James Bond 007 villain.  The end always justifies the means, regardless of the consequences and who else gets hurt ;) 

Here I was thinking judges delivered opinions based on evidence presented in court.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Here I was thinking judges delivered opinions based on evidence presented in court.

Depends on context.   But in any case, maybe he's seen a medical report?

3 hours ago, Essan said:

He could walk around dressed as a wizard and it wouldn't make any difference. If the information he provided is valuable and verifiable, which it is, Assange's personality is irrelevant.

He'd also have made a classic James Bond 007 villain. 

Yeah Bond would be hunting him down for a questionable rape charge, then in the second act for "attempting to crack a password". The audience would be asleep by the third act and most would have left out of boredom.

The end always justifies the means, regardless of the consequences and who else gets hurt ;) 

In some cases it does. Maybe through these leaks the people who green lit the killing of innocent brown children can be brought to justice. I understand it's easier to sleep at night not knowing what your Government is doing behind closed doors but ultimately it will affect your life as well. Will there be collateral damage due to these leaks? Maybe, but maybe not. That is not certain. What is certain is the crimes committed by corrupt people who want to shut down free speech to protect themselves. 

• Like 3

Interesting timing. 

18b5f5292153041a4327c2001fefe07b2de14c30

Ecuador Inks 4.2 Billion from IMF

QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuador has reached a $4.2 billion staff-level financing deal with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), President Lenin Moreno said on Wednesday, as the Andean country grapples with a large fiscal deficit and heavy external debt.

The country will also receive $6 billion in loans from multilateral institutions including the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the CAF Andean development bank, Moreno said in a message broadcast on national television and radio.

A $10 billion worth of loans within earshot of Assange's arrest. Could be nothing, could be something. We know the Ecudorian Gov cut Assange's internet connection a year ago when he questioned the UK over Twitter.

Spoiler

“Clearly, Ecuador’s government has been subjected to bullying over its decision to grant Julian asylum, support and ultimately, diplomatic status.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder is this guy isn't going to meet with an "accident" before he gets even close to a trial. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The details of what WikiLeaks has are fuzzy as they keep their cards close to the chest for a good reason just ask Seth Rich's ghost

Kind of like how governments keep documents classified to protect their staff? Until some idiot comes along and releases them all, putting hundreds of other innocent lives in danger. 

18 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The CIA Post

'Deny everything, Bladrick!' 

9 hours ago, bee said:

And so he is demonized..... and some people happily call for him to be incarcerated for life... 

for........................... publishing material coming from others and revealing truths that would otherwise remain hidden... 

And in doing so, put hundreds of innocent people at risk. 

19 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The CIA Post

. . .  if you seen my first or ONE! of my first posts,  I 'm just glad it wasn't him (POTUS).   How upsetting to the world if he was over visiting and somehow was upsetting the Queen now don't laugh it could happen.   Just like AOC, don't they have handlers I mean experienced individuals that can guide them or do they just wING  IT ! no rules or like  guidelines book? anything? given to them?!??! oh well.

Edited by MWoo7
_____________________________________________________________________ typo..... changed to WASN'T !

10 hours ago, bee said:

If he was a more likable fellow I might accept 30 years. ^_^

46 minutes ago, Setton said:

And in doing so, put hundreds of innocent people at risk. 

like who...?

if I remember right WikiLeaks took into consideration what to publish if it could put lives at risk... 

of course Seth Rich could have been the exception if he was bumped off for leaking DNC
emails* - but I don't think that counts in the way you are meaning...

ETA... and so the Trump / Russia conspiracy could safely be launched .... framing Assange
and including him in the made up fantasy plot... 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

like who...?

All the people who work with classified material. Every time some of it is leaked, at least one person is made less safe. When you leak on this scale...