Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pascagoula abduction witnesses come forward

I knew it! We're not alone. Forget the Citizen Hearing, Roswell and Bentwater, the Phoenix lights or Rendlesham. This is it folks, what we have all been waiting for. They do exist and they're here. Steven Greer was right all along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alien spacecraft must be controlled by thought or artificial intelligence. Crab claws don't sound very conducive to delicate manipulations...

• Like 2

The little write up has two flaws in it.

1. The fishermen were drinking beer.

2. The younger man originally stated he slept (or was passed out) through the entire encounter.

According to Joe Nickell, other people also reported seeing a UFO on the night in question. This is not new.

• Like 1

I was 12-years-old and lived about 30 minutes from where that happened. Those two guys caught an unbelievable amount of abuse over that. People don't tend to make stuff up that they KNOW is going to cause their friends and neighbors to shun and make fun of them, at least, not where I come from.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let's suppose that these two actually believe that this happened to them. Is it possible that the scenario is something like this:

Two guys go out fishing and drink a few beers.

One guy falls asleep due to the late hour and possibly due to the beer.

The other guy has an experience he interprets as aliens.

He wakes the other guy and tells him what he believes happened. 

The sleepy guy corroborates the tale of his friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Let's suppose that these two actually believe that this happened to them. Is it possible that the scenario is something like this:

yup.  Is it possible they're telling it the way it was?

• Thanks 2

Thats weird it sounds so familiar... The first time i saw a round saucer it came along the river when we were fishing too. I have also subsequently noticed the radio doing that same thing during strange events my car even kept making an odd radio noise afterward for awhile and i never did find anything wrong it just stopped doing it after a while.

I am curious as to why drinking beer makes a story invalid. I may have been in this scenario myself and it definitely was never caused by drinking a beer...  Drinking a beer never caused aliens to show up am i doing it wrong?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Thats weird it sounds so familiar... The first time i saw a round saucer it came along the river when we were fishing too. I have also subsequently noticed the radio doing that same thing during strange events my car even kept making an odd radio noise afterward for awhile and i never did find anything wrong it just stopped doing it after a while.

I am curious as to why drinking beer makes a story invalid. I may have been in this scenario myself and it definitely was never caused by drinking a beer...  Drinking a beer never caused aliens to show up am i doing it wrong?

The point I was trying to make was that these guys REALLY caught hell from the locals in the media at that time.  They became the laughing stock for months and their lives were never the same, yet they never changed their story.  I don't know if what they experienced was real or not, I wasn't there.  I DO know that they were average people in that community doing what average people did.  People don't generally seek to be abused and mocked by strangers all over the country.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Drinking a beer never caused aliens to show up am i doing it wrong?

ROFLMA!! Classic :--)   me like,, nicolette

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, and then said:

The point I was trying to make was that these guys REALLY caught hell from the locals in the media at that time.  They became the laughing stock for months and their lives were never the same, yet they never changed their story.  I don't know if what they experienced was real or not, I wasn't there.  I DO know that they were average people in that community doing what average people did.  People don't generally seek to be abused and mocked by strangers all over the country.  

I bet before the thread ends, someone  will come on board to say these guys did it for the money they made selling a book. 

Give it time.  It's something Badeskov would say.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I bet before the thread ends, someone  will come on board to say these guys did it for the money they made selling a book. 

Give it time.  It's something Badeskov would say.

Truth is, I never bothered to even see if they did anything like that.  I vaguely remember them being on a local station or two being interviewed about the experience but I doubt anyone paid them a dime for that.  This was back when paying someone for an interview was STRICTLY verboten by media professionals.  The difference in the world today and the fall of 1973 is almost indescribable. If someone showed me a news story on the types of social changes this world has experienced, back then, I'd never have believed it.  NEVER.

there is no where on this planet that humans havent "made up" stuff, its just how it goes with humans by nature, the smaller the group the less it might happen and the more it stands out when it does but fear of ridicule isnt a deterrent for the types who do make up stuff, and not all have clear cut motives or agendas, of fame fortunes some are very sincere but delusional, mistaken, or lying.

they sought and found attention or we wouldnt be discussing it here and just because someone doesnt seek $$$ doesnt mean they are credible.

this case is fun starting with the discription of the ahem, aliens.

They were about five feet tall, had neckless, bullet-shaped heads, slits for mouths and carrot-shaped appendages sticking out from where their noses and ears should have been. They also had rounded feet, hands that ended in pincers or claws, and no eyes. Hickson said that the skin of the creatures was gray and wrinkly, like an elephant, and that their hands were shaped "like mittens."

odd to say the least but both the alien discriptions and interior of the ship fit with the wild outlandish horribly dated aliens and craft shown in 50s and up sci fi flicks and just like with the abduction cults of the 50 the abductees talk how the beings are watching out for us.

since not every or even most alleged abduction encounters are told by the deep woods banjo players gathered around the still playing spin the cousin why does alcohol or substance participation have a bearing? 

it doesnt take my background in the nightclub , music, band biz to answer that, most people know why because it impares and distorts reality and changes people and their perceptions.

the one guy of the allagash Chuck Rak who has gone on record saying it was a basic money making idea of the other 3 he dismisses the hypnosis and abduction but he also pointed out back on a talk show the host was asking if the were drinking or using drugs, he said he didnt want to lie but sure they were, he was relieved that the host asked a difference guy who had no issue claiming they were sober.  rak believes a stimuli happened just not aliens or abductions.

i had a buddy who died, he was an alcoholic and embelished lied and was very delusional when drinking, does drinking and or drugs discredited a person 100% no, but if all the person has is a wild unbelievable story it hurts rather than helps.

at the one time that friend took acid he thought and was sincern the sidewalk was opening up and a monster bush was gonna push him in, obviously that wasnt true.

its not too odd at all these such cases sound familiar, people are reflecting whether they know it or admit it what they have seen heard read, movies and tv shows...look how radios like in close encounters 3rd kind act up people see "something" in the sky they dont know what it is so it "must" make that jump to ET. it the bases for a zillion alien stories out of Hollywood, it doesnt make it real.

in this case i believe one guy did see something unexplained to him but i do not buy his story of aliens or abduction, just as i dont buy any ancedotes...show me proof not your belief.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, and then said:

Truth is, I never bothered to even see if they did anything like that.  I vaguely remember them being on a local station or two being interviewed about the experience but I doubt anyone paid them a dime for that.  This was back when paying someone for an interview was STRICTLY verboten by media professionals.  The difference in the world today and the fall of 1973 is almost indescribable. If someone showed me a news story on the types of social changes this world has experienced, back then, I'd never have believed it.  NEVER.

thats not entirely accurate, while the concept of agreed on outright cash payment for a guest appearance is something of a later idea,

( i have signed waivers of compensation on local shows ive guest on )

there was a huge amount of profesinal courtesy in those days and they would have been treated like "stars" to a degree.

they would have been bought at the very least dinners at the best buzzing neon dinner in town and given other things, and no, the general public not in that business wouldnt know about it,

and of course they might be cheesy little stations who didnt know of pride or honor but that would have been an exception not a rule.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mdbuilder said:

Alien spacecraft must be controlled by thought or artificial intelligence. Crab claws don't sound very conducive to delicate manipulations...

And the crab claw alienz build the crafts, and all the other stuff, by telekinesis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

I vaguely remember them being on a local station or two being interviewed about the experience but I doubt anyone paid them a dime for that. 

Yes but this truth will never stop a Nyetite from making that accusation anyway.  That's hhow they roll

13bats,  I read your two posts and object to nothing you say. However, you seem to be implying that ALL ufo cases or abductions must be the same, BS.

But that has to be settled case by case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

However, you seem to be implying that ALL ufo cases or abductions must be the same, BS.

yep- that sums it up for me;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

13bats,  I read your two posts and object to nothing you say. However, you seem to be implying that ALL ufo cases or abductions must be the same, BS.

But that has to be settled case by case.

no, i do not believe every UFO sighting or alleged abduction is the "same bs" but its on the same menu.

and i do look at case by case however,

i do take into account when cases have the same ear marks of similarities between other cases or movies, tv shows, books comics etc.

i for example firmly believe we are not the only life in the universe nor are we the only ones of intelligence, i doubt we will meet ET any time soon because of the daunting task involved in getting here.

i do not believe aliens visit earth nor do i believe in abductions, "same bs"? i believe some people really believe what they believe zero proof and tons of counter evidence doesnt sway them.

abductions for example if they were happening anywhere besides the minds of the believers we would have proof and we dont, same with visitation, no proof and even "unexplained" doesnt mean aliens.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes but this truth will never stop a Nyetite from making that accusation anyway.  That's hhow they roll

i see what you mean about Google translator

what is a "nyetite" my Google search came up empty....

A Nyetite is a poster that frequents UFO boards and has this to say about every piece of evidence there is:  NYET.   That's no - in russian.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it didnt come up on Google so i guess its not widespread yet.

and here is my UFO version of my reply to you from the bigfoot thread, what is presented on UFO boards and is called evidence isnt in most cases very good, look at this threads case, 100% anecdotal from a guy who was intoxicated and his buddy who was passed out. it starts and ends as a story that proves zero and if that deserves made up words to blanket label such people who dismiss it so be it.

alien abductions stories again are just that stories, no proof, the hypnosis angle isnt proof the opinion people dont or cant lie under hypnosis is hogwash in fact it tends to cause the person to fill in the blanks to fabricate and embelish, again all we have is the belief of the abductees which fails under examination.

pictures of things in the sky, i see by defination UFOs daily, things that i dont know what they really are but that far from makes them craft from other worlds.

theres a thread on here asking for good ufo pictures and like my thread asking for good bf pix we have zero.

so show me evidence worthy of my "да".

Edited by the13bats
call me capt typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

it didnt come up on Google so i guess its not widespread yet.

Right. Well I just made up Nyetite so give it time :--)

and here is my UFO version of my reply to you from the bigfoot thread, what is presented on UFO boards and is called evidence isnt in most cases very good, look at this threads case, 100% anecdotal from a guy who was intoxicated and his buddy who was passed out. it starts and ends as a story that proves zero and if that deserves made up words to blanket label such people who dismiss it so be it.

I understand bats but please understand how UM works. If we had proof instead of anecdotal evidence, it would not be a mystery and hence, not suitable for a thread at UM. It sounds like you just want to go to some science boards or something. maybe. In the interem,, anecdotal stories are fine. you can't take them seriously but it is better than talking to the wall.

alien abductions stories again are just that stories, no proof, the hypnosis angle isnt proof the opinion people dont or cant lie under hypnosis is hogwash in fact it tends to cause the person to fill in the blanks to fabricate and embelish, again all we have is the belief of the abductees which fails under examination.

pictures of things in the sky, i see by defination UFOs daily, things that i dont know what they really are but that far from makes them craft from other worlds.

theres a thread on here asking for good ufo pictures and like my thread asking for good bf pix we have zero.

so show me evidence worthy of my "да".

You will see something from me some time soon. It may not convince you but I am convinced, 100%. you'll see. 

Bats, there have been several incidents  posted up in here where there were many eyewitnesses, radar images - both military and civilian, and pictures. In here that means NOTHING. No evidence at all. And that's how life goes at UM. frustrating but that is what is here.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Right. Well I just made up Nyetite so give it time :--)

I understand bats but please understand how UM works. If we had proof instead of anecdotal evidence, it would not be a mystery and hence, not suitable for a thread at UM. It sounds like you just want to go to some science boards or something. maybe. In the interem,, anecdotal stories are fine. you can't take them seriously but it is better than talking to the wall.

You will see something from me some time soon. It may not convince you but I am convinced, 100%. you'll see. 

Bats, there have been several incidents  posted up in here where there were many eyewitnesses, radar images - both military and civilian, and pictures. In here that means NOTHING. No evidence at all. And that's how life goes at UM. frustrating but that is what is here.

im starting to think labels arent all you make up.

you need to stop assuming about me and telling me what you think i should do.

are you the site owner, or a modarator? i have a good enough grasp how this site works that i have fun on my visits.

i hate to say it but you are now in my troll folder by pounding your chest you will post something soon in saying its convinced you 100% yet you are holding back on it, big yawn,

i expect epic fail otherwise you would stop being a drama queen and post up or shut up.

anecdotal doesnt merit proof to me or to most.

since you like stories,

about 4 years ago we moved into this former b&b built by a town fatcat around 1909,

we never met the seller never spoke to her,  just the agent, and there seems to be some debate if her "ways" started before or after a head injury, she bought the place in 97with the idea of fix up to cha ching, she lost we won.

she told a lot of stories, the joint is haunted, has creatures including vampire rats but one was a bit mundane, she said ghosts opened doors, mostly the basement door, and sure enough several times including today i was putzing in the basement and locked the wood door and closed the gate she had installed outside the wooden door i showered and went we were leaving to get food the door was open about a foot, spooky huh?

now, if i left it at that, but included other times it did this a blind true believer would say , yes, proof of hauntings and a ghost.

me, well no, i have the prosiac boring answer to this one, its a few things, the basement and first floor are laid stone and as with most old places it settled, unevenly, the foundation supports added to the basement were a little more than needed,

if the door isnt closed just right and if your arent thinking about it, you will believe it closed, but in a cool phenomenon like those places that appears things roll uphill sometimes the door will slowly open, the attic door closes.

oh no, i can hear the blind true believer now saying im wrong that im having a major encounter and watching a ghost open a door,

the people who are grimming and getting my point those are the ones here i respect and do enjoy talking to, the ones feeling buttchapped i dont mind if they ignore me but i hope they dont troll me, as to me that is the biggest waste of time there can be.

• Like 3