Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pascagoula abduction witnesses come forward

On 4/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, Nnicolette said:

Thats weird it sounds so familiar... The first time i saw a round saucer it came along the river when we were fishing too. I have also subsequently noticed the radio doing that same thing during strange events my car even kept making an odd radio noise afterward for awhile and i never did find anything wrong it just stopped doing it after a while.

I am curious as to why drinking beer makes a story invalid. I may have been in this scenario myself and it definitely was never caused by drinking a beer...  Drinking a beer never caused aliens to show up am i doing it wrong?

Drinking beer does not invalidate a story. It does suggest that the story that is remembered might be quite different from the events described. 

I know someone that took powerful drugs. He ran into a field one day and put his head inside a glowing orange sphere and saw the end of the universe. His body returned, but most of his mind did not. Are we to believe this story, which he told me directly, or are we to wonder if the powerful drugs he consumed have altered his memory?

In the initial telling of the tale the younger man said he slept through it all. Later he changes his story to say he saw everything and corroborates the older man's story. They admitted drinking lots of beer.

• Like 1

I see that the term nyetite is actually the term scoffer. Let's use scoffer in sentences.

The poster <fill in a name> is a scoffer. They do not examine the evidence and would rather pretend that a paranormal event has occurred.

When confronted with evidence, <fill in a name> does not read the evidence and instead has a hissy fit probably because being a scoffer is easier.

The scoffer <fill in a name> will post outright lies instead of posting evidence with links since there is no evidence to support their position.

Reflection is a tactic used by scoffers in which they assign attributes to the other posters that are actually how they act themselves: dismissing evidence without examining it.

• Thanks 2

On 05/04/2019 at 3:43 PM, stereologist said:

The little write up has two flaws in it.

1. The fishermen were drinking beer.

2. The younger man originally stated he slept (or was passed out) through the entire encounter.

According to Joe Nickell, other people also reported seeing a UFO on the night in question. This is not new.

they were not drinking beer.

please do show where you got this from Stereo.

On 05/04/2019 at 11:12 PM, the13bats said:

thats not entirely accurate, while the concept of agreed on outright cash payment for a guest appearance is something of a later idea,

( i have signed waivers of compensation on local shows ive guest on )

there was a huge amount of profesinal courtesy in those days and they would have been treated like "stars" to a degree.

they would have been bought at the very least dinners at the best buzzing neon dinner in town and given other things, and no, the general public not in that business wouldnt know about it,

and of course they might be cheesy little stations who didnt know of pride or honor but that would have been an exception not a rule.

if you follow what happened to them after the event, especially poor Parker.......they were certainly not treated like 'stars'

in fact he had a complete breakdown and life was ruined.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, quillius said:

they were not drinking beer.

please do show where you got this from Stereo.

I'm sorry it was whiskey.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'm sure you made that up.

Eventually, the real question becomes: why a vehement prejudice against these guys and everything paranormal/crypto/alien that would make you distort rather than consider all fairly?

The real answer is in psychology not the facts of any one case.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm sure you made that up.

Eventually, the real question becomes: why a vehement prejudice against these guys and everything paranormal/crypto/alien that would make you distort rather than consider all fairly?

The real answer is in psychology not the facts of any one case.

Please continue to be clueless.

https://www.twincities.com/2013/10/11/man-says-1973-ufo-incident-turned-life-upside-down/

At the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, deputies initially suspected both men were drunk.

The question is were they drinking?

http://www.thefullwiki.org/Pascagoula_Abduction

Hickson drank some whiskey.

CHARLIE: I know that, son. When I get to the house I'm gonna get me another drink, make me sleep. Look, what we sittin' around for. I gotta go tell Blanche... what we waitin' for?

You really should know by now I am not like you. I actually rely on evidence.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, quillius said:

if you follow what happened to them after the event, especially poor Parker.......they were certainly not treated like 'stars'

in fact he had a complete breakdown and life was ruined.

apples oranges type thing you are trying there,

no, of course i didnt follow the lives of these guys doesnt change the fact that when they were on radio shows they would have been treated well, heck the fact one had a breakdown later in life might not be from the alleged encounter as it could be his mental illness that caused him to have the encounter caught up with him,

15 hours ago, stereologist said:

no. you have mis-quoted.

your initial claim 'both men were out fishing and drinking'

neither man was drinking while fishing, however after the event when sitting in the car deciding what to do, Charlie had some whiskey to calm his nerves,.

very different from the initial premise of they were both out drinking beer and fishing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

apples oranges type thing you are trying there,

no, of course i didnt follow the lives of these guys doesnt change the fact that when they were on radio shows they would have been treated well, heck the fact one had a breakdown later in life might not be from the alleged encounter as it could be his mental illness that caused him to have the encounter caught up with him,

hardly apple and oranges, you claim they were basically treated like superstars, yet the truth of the matter is their lives fell apart after the event.

57 minutes ago, quillius said:

hardly apple and oranges, you claim they were basically treated like superstars, yet the truth of the matter is their lives fell apart after the event.

stop cherry picking what i said and outright making up embelishments, you are coming off like a troll.

what i said was any "decent" radio station in that time would have given them a "star" treatment, like buying them dinner,  not "superstar" "treatment for that moment, i didnt say anything about how peers or family or anyone else treated them, and that of course good treatment from the station hinged on it being a good station,

and i have no idea if i will blame their lives falling apart on that alleged event causing it or that the alleged story was just another symptom of the real reason their lives fell apart, mental illness for example can ruin lives and lead to breakdowns  etc,

why do you take this case with such a personal stance?

http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/pascagoula/pascagoula.htm

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

stop cherry picking what i said and outright making up embelishments, you are coming off like a troll.

what i said was any "decent" radio station in that time would have given them a "star" treatment, like buying them dinner,  not "superstar" "treatment for that moment, i didnt say anything about how peers or family or anyone else treated them, and that of course good treatment from the station hinged on it being a good station,

and i have no idea if i will blame their lives falling apart on that alleged event causing it or that the alleged story was just another symptom of the real reason their lives fell apart, mental illness for example can ruin lives and lead to breakdowns  etc,

why do you take this case with such a personal stance?

http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/pascagoula/pascagoula.htm

'stars' - 'supertsars'...who's cherry picking?

troll? hardly, you say I embelished what you said, what by simply making it superstar rather than star? - you were the one making up the story about dinners in the best neon buzzing restaurants, star treatment and being 'given other things'.....if these are not embelishments or outright poetic license please do point me to any sources that prove (or even suggest) this to be correct.

I have spent hours researching this case and simply do not like people just adding and making up 'facts'...but no- nothing personal.

44 minutes ago, quillius said:

'stars' - 'supertsars'...who's cherry picking?

troll? hardly, you say I embelished what you said, what by simply making it superstar rather than star? - you were the one making up the story about dinners in the best neon buzzing restaurants, star treatment and being 'given other things'.....if these are not embelishments or outright poetic license please do point me to any sources that prove (or even suggest) this to be correct.

I have spent hours researching this case and simply do not like people just adding and making up 'facts'...but no- nothing personal.

stop trolling...i made up zero i stated with flare how a good radio station treat guests, if they got hosed so be it, 

any further trolling from you will be ignored.

nothing personal ;)

On 4/5/2019 at 5:24 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I bet before the thread ends, someone  will come on board to say these guys did it for the money they made selling a book. 

Give it time.  It's something Badeskov would say.

i dont want to disappoint you, but i havent a clue if they actually sold any books...in other words made money off book sales.

5cb5b2449a61b_41Rn5WwLGZL._SX279_BO1204203200_.jpg.3dbde16ac1bd4296aee389eb17bdcee5.jpg5cb5b24f213f6_61-HCehOHoL._SX258_BO1204203200_.jpg.29dcddbe8093da42c186700a4c322f00.jpg

evidently even some sort of event,

Document-637x824.thumb.jpg.540e79a177b1bf32399bda509f8b4c57.jpg

5 hours ago, quillius said:

no. you have mis-quoted.

your initial claim 'both men were out fishing and drinking'

neither man was drinking while fishing, however after the event when sitting in the car deciding what to do, Charlie had some whiskey to calm his nerves,.

very different from the initial premise of they were both out drinking beer and fishing.

I originally heard that they were both drinking on a podcast some time ago.

They claim that neither was drinking while fishing. Then again they originally claimed that the younger man was not alert during the event and later he claimed that he was.

Their story has been modified over time and the latest version has the older man drinking after the event.

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

stop trolling...i made up zero i stated with flare how a good radio station treat guests, if they got hosed so be it, 

any further trolling from you will be ignored.

nothing personal ;)

these were your words:

there was a huge amount of profesinal courtesy in those days and they would have been treated like "stars" to a degree.

they would have been bought at the very least dinners at the best buzzing neon dinner in town and given other things, and no, the general public not in that business wouldnt know about it,

thats not stating with flare nor is it saying 'they maybe' you stated 'they would' somewhat more definitive than stating zero, anyhow, no point arguing as its written in black and white, guess everyone can make of it what they will.

please do not accuse me of trolling, do you simply want to say anything you like and not be challenged....

if you wish to ignore me...go ahead.....i think I will manage to soldier on.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I originally heard that they were both drinking on a podcast some time ago.

They claim that neither was drinking while fishing. Then again they originally claimed that the younger man was not alert during the event and later he claimed that he was.

Their story has been modified over time and the latest version has the older man drinking after the event.

I have never heard that one, or who was speaking on said podcast.

either way not only the latest version, the original transcript and and reports by the sheriff all state 'the men were not drinking during event and only Charlie had a drink afterwards'

3 minutes ago, quillius said:

I have never heard that one, or who was speaking on said podcast.

either way not only the latest version, the original transcript and and reports by the sheriff all state 'the men were not drinking during event and only Charlie had a drink afterwards'

Can you provide evidence of that? My understanding is that the sheriff thought they had been drinking.

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Can you provide evidence of that? My understanding is that the sheriff thought they had been drinking.

yes when they told him the story he assumed they had been drinking, however when he questioned the men they told him they hadn't and that Charlie had a drink after when they sat in a car. The transcript confirms this, I can look for old links and the transcript to post, give me a minute or so.

in the meantime can you show me where the story of drinking has been modified.....

this is a good link for the audio files:

https://archive.org/download/PascagoulaAbductionAudioFiles

https://archive.org/details/PascagoulaAbductionAudioFiles

also, from the transcript of when the men were left alone:

CHARLIE: They won't believe it. They gonna believe it one of these days. Might be too late. I knew all along they was people from other worlds up there. I knew all along. I never thought it would happen to me.
CALVIN: You know yourself I don't drink

please note what Calvin says alone to Charlie, not the words of someone who was a few hours ago enjoying a few beers together, right?

also Sheriffs comment regards alcohol:

A few hours later, after first talking to shift captain Glenn Ryder and seated in the Jackson County, Mississippi, Sheriff’s office they told their story to Sheriff Fred Diamond, who, though intrigued, harbored doubts (Hickson still smelled of alcohol) and in an effort to verify the truthfulness of their story placed them alone in a room with a hidden tape recorder reasoning that if they were lying it would quickly become apparent. 

what they admitted to:

Following the encounter the men apparently sat in their car trying to calm their nerves and collect their thoughts Hickson drinking some whiskey.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, quillius said:

yes when they told him the story he assumed they had been drinking, however when he questioned the men they told him they hadn't and that Charlie had a drink after when they sat in a car. The transcript confirms this, I can look for old links and the transcript to post, give me a minute or so.

in the meantime can you show me where the story of drinking has been modified.....

I'm saying that the story in general had been changed. Here is MUFON reporting that the story had changed over time.

https://www.mufon.com/pascagoula-mississippi-case---1973.html

In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate. Here Parker confessed to lying about fainting in sight of the creatures. He claimed that he was in fact conscious when the creatures took him on board the craft and ...

In many cases the initial story tends to be the more accurate story. I have no idea if that is the case here.

18 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Is it possible that Hickson did drink beforehand?

Is it possible that Hickson experienced an "Old Hag" event?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

It would explain the fear, the vivid imagery, and his inability to move.

id say unlikely due to the couple of witnesses (from the time not the two mentioned in OP) that also saw the light near the shipyard and also the fact parker includes what he saw in original statement..

but hey, anything is possible i guess