Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pascagoula abduction witnesses come forward

Noticed this on the MUFON page.

Subsequent investigation by Joe Esterhas of Rolling Stone uncovered some additional information, leading to increased skepticism about the abduction claim. The supposed UFO landing and abduction site was in full view of two 24-hour toll booths, and neither operator saw anything that night. Also, the site was in range of security cameras from nearby Ingalls Shipyard, but the cameras did not capture anything unusual that night.

https://www.mufon.com/pascagoula-mississippi-case---1973.html

I looked because you mentioned other witnesses saw lights, and I thought there were no other witnesses.

7 hours ago, quillius said:

these were your words:

thats not stating with flare nor is it saying 'they maybe' you stated 'they would' somewhat more definitive than stating zero, anyhow, no point arguing as its written in black and white, guess everyone can make of it what they will.

please do not accuse me of trolling, do you simply want to say anything you like and not be challenged....

if you wish to ignore me...go ahead.....i think I will manage to soldier on.

again you are cherry picking what i said and are trolling but i will feed it once more, im bored and other parts of the actual event seem interesting.

a big question is why do you derailed an entire thread about an alien abduction to how  good radio stations treat their guests and how i said it because i say in my opinion that most radio stations, good ones treat a guest like a "star" ( while they were guests) and that is true , if the stations they went on treated them poorly thats too bad, so can you get past how radio stations, good ones treat guests and back to the actual case?

you mentioned....

On 4/15/2019 at 11:04 AM, quillius said:

if you follow what happened to them after the event, especially poor Parker.......they were certainly not treated like 'stars'

in fact he had a complete breakdown and life was ruined.

and...

12 hours ago, quillius said:

'stars' - 'supertsars'...who's cherry picking?

troll? hardly, you say I embelished what you said, what by simply making it superstar rather than star? - you were the one making up the story about dinners in the best neon buzzing restaurants, star treatment and being 'given other things'.....if these are not embelishments or outright poetic license please do point me to any sources that prove (or even suggest) this to be correct.

I have spent hours researching this case and simply do not like people just adding and making up 'facts'...but no- nothing personal.

"adding, making up facts", "in fact he had a complete breakdown and life was ruined"

hum, did you see my post above #40

it shows books they wrote and what appears to be a flyer from a town event for the guy you say had a ruined life, 

in finding those i learned up until his death Hickson claimed the aliens contacted him telepathically, and Parker at one time had a UFO documentary production outfit, i respect the 2 guys may have felt the alleged even ruined their lives, i guess if life gives you lemons you make lemonade, not my definition of "ruined".

Do you believe the new witnesses of lights that night?

Do you believe they were drinking at all before the alleged encounter?

Do you believe hickson was telepathically contacted throughout his life by aliens?

Do you believe the only possible explanation to this event is abduction by aliens?

me, i believe the new witnesses want attention,

i dont place much on the secret police recording as some folks are savvy enough to suspect that and say the right things,

however, if this was and old hag event they would honestly believe, pass polygraphs etc,

why did their story change over the years and why did parker lie? can we trust any of it?

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

Noticed this on the MUFON page.

https://www.mufon.com/pascagoula-mississippi-case---1973.html

I looked because you mentioned other witnesses saw lights, and I thought there were no other witnesses.

with regards the other witnesses, there were two or three mentioned during the time frame, one i believe was a 'puddin' something or other, cant quite remember. from memory though the info was quite weak regarding these witnesses and I think I eventually gave up chasing them down.

as for 

Subsequent investigation by Joe Esterhas of Rolling Stone uncovered some additional information, leading to increased skepticism about the abduction claim. The supposed UFO landing and abduction site was in full view of two 24-hour toll booths, and neither operator saw anything that night. Also, the site was in range of security cameras from nearby Ingalls Shipyard, but the cameras did not capture anything unusual that night.

stay away from Joe and especially the phrase above that is repeated (falsely) on multiple websites. its wrong he is a liar. I chased this down to source with Psyche101 a few years back. It began by a small suspicion about Joe and then when I hit upon his history of outright lying in articles he had written (and court cases to boot)....I continued to dig with regards to the above 'subsequent investigation' which also turned out to be a bunch of lies.

haven't time to track it all down but either PM Psyche or some searching on this forum could dig it up.

cheers

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

again you are cherry picking what i said and are trolling but i will feed it once more, im bored and other parts of the actual event seem interesting.

a big question is why do you derailed an entire thread about an alien abduction to how  good radio stations treat their guests and how i said it because i say in my opinion that most radio stations, good ones treat a guest like a "star" ( while they were guests) and that is true , if the stations they went on treated them poorly thats too bad, so can you get past how radio stations, good ones treat guests and back to the actual case?

you mentioned....

as already mentioned people can read back and see your comments and my responses, its there in black and white....

me derailing thread, haha, so you say something - I then challenge it and I am the one derailing thread? plus my last post said let people read and make their own minds up yet you bring it up again....and its me derailing thread? funny!

it shows books they wrote and what appears to be a flyer from a town event for the guy you say had a ruined life

books they wrote? not quite, as for ruined life, research it  and see

in finding those i learned up until his death Hickson claimed the aliens contacted him telepathically, and Parker at one time had a UFO documentary production outfit, i respect the 2 guys may have felt the alleged even ruined their lives, i guess if life gives you lemons you make lemonade, not my definition of "ruined".

Do you believe the new witnesses of lights that night?  

its not about 'believing' but I do tend to add very little credence to any witnesses that come forward many years after an event.

Do you believe they were drinking at all before the alleged encounter?

again not about believing, there is nothing to suggest they were. The drink Charlie did have he admitted to, even the private recording reinforces the fact that Calvin didnt drink. there is nothing to suggest otherwise

Do you believe hickson was telepathically contacted throughout his life by aliens?

no, but I do tend not to 'believe' and try and stick to facts to draw some sort of conclusion -if any.

Do you believe the only possible explanation to this event is abduction by aliens?

again, BIG assumption here that you make...ie I believe they were abducted by aliens. So i cant answer the question when it is based on a false premise

me, i believe the new witnesses want attention,

believe what you want

i dont place much on the secret police recording as some folks are savvy enough to suspect that and say the right things,

again believe what you want, i do urge you however to listen to it carefully, listen to the phrasing and tone etc...

however, if this was and old hag event they would honestly believe, pass polygraphs etc,

why did their story change over the years and why did parker lie? can we trust any of what he says

can you point out the changes over the years? (and please do provide transcripts or first hand info- not some journalists interpretation)

apart from Parker claiming to have fainted once the 'things' approached the men.

are you saying they didnt write books?

books they wrote? not quite, as for ruined life, research it  and see

5cb5b24f213f6_61-HCehOHoL._SX258_BO1204203200_.jpg.29dcddbe8093da42c186700a4c322f00.jpg5cb5b2449a61b_41Rn5WwLGZL._SX279_BO1204203200_.jpg.3dbde16ac1bd4296aee389eb17bdcee5.jpgDocument-637x824.thumb.jpg.540e79a177b1bf32399bda509f8b4c57.jpg.

you said no, you do not believe hickson was telepathically contacted through the years, he says he was, what is your explanation for him saying he was?

your reply was convoluted, to rephrase another question, do you believe they were abducted by aliens?, yes or no.

if yes, fine, if no, please give your explanation why they claimed they were but what you think really happened, your "conclusions".

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

are you saying they didnt write books?.

sorry, you are correct, its the said sales and making money from said sales that I question.

you said no, you do not believe hickson was telepathically contacted through the years, he says he was, what is your explanation for him saying he was?

i don't know....maybe the light was an exotic plasma that interfered with his mental state, causing hallucinations and beliefs...

maybe he did and was contacted by aliens

maybe he just lost his mind through age

but in summary, i have no idea.

your reply was convoluted, to rephrase another question, do you believe they were abducted by aliens?, yes or no.

I struggle to believe anyone was abducted by aliens, i think we need to prove they exist first and foremost.

however I do find this case fascinating and am convinced the men experienced something very strange that night. I have struggled to find holes in the account or another explanation that fits the facts/evidence......for the record I include the transcript as part of the evidence but appreciate its not 'scientific evidence'...

if yes, fine, if no, please give your explanation why they claimed they were but what you think really happened, your "conclusions".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, quillius said:

with regards the other witnesses, there were two or three mentioned during the time frame, one i believe was a 'puddin' something or other, cant quite remember. from memory though the info was quite weak regarding these witnesses and I think I eventually gave up chasing them down.

as for 

stay away from Joe and especially the phrase above that is repeated (falsely) on multiple websites. its wrong he is a liar. I chased this down to source with Psyche101 a few years back. It began by a small suspicion about Joe and then when I hit upon his history of outright lying in articles he had written (and court cases to boot)....I continued to dig with regards to the above 'subsequent investigation' which also turned out to be a bunch of lies.

haven't time to track it all down but either PM Psyche or some searching on this forum could dig it up.

cheers

It certainly doesn't sound like there were other witnesses. The claims of someone else seeing the nights is challenged by the article in the OP. These new witnesses seem to be related to the general reporting of UFOs  in that area at that time.

I'm going to take this claim with a grain of salt. It appears to be incorrect when you claim other witnesses.

id say unlikely due to the couple of witnesses (from the time not the two mentioned in OP) that also saw the light near the shipyard and also the fact parker includes what he saw in original statement..

but hey, anything is possible i guess

My impression of the younger man is that Parker was simply backing up the story Hickson told him in the car.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It certainly doesn't sound like there were other witnesses. The claims of someone else seeing the nights is challenged by the article in the OP. These new witnesses seem to be related to the general reporting of UFOs  in that area at that time.

I'm going to take this claim with a grain of salt. It appears to be incorrect when you claim other witnesses.

My impression of the younger man is that Parker was simply backing up the story Hickson told him in the car.

I also take it with a grain of salt as I havent seen first hand statements etc.

here is a little bit of text that could help get you started if you wanted to try and track them down and what they saw when and if it relates in any way, personally I don't have the time or inclination

But others saw something that night, too.

Several people later reported strange lights in the Gulf Coast sky just after sunset on Oct. 11, 1973 - about the time Hickson and then 19-year-old Calvin Parker say they were abducted.

Mike Cataldo, a retired Navy chief petty officer now living in Rotonda West, Fla., says he saw "a very strange object on the horizon" late that afternoon while driving on U.S. 90, between Pascagoula and Ocean Springs.

"Puddin' Broadus, a Pascagoula detective back then, told me he saw something streak through the air," says Glenn Ryder, a former captain with the Jackson County Sheriff's department who was the first to interrogate Hickson and Parker. "Puddin's dead now, but he was a fine man. He wouldn't make up something like that.

"A guard at Ingalls (Shipbuilding) saw it. Another guy was in his back yard and said he saw something streak above his house.

"When we studied it, all those reports were in a straight line. And I'll tell you this: After talking with (Hickson and Parker) that night, I'm convinced they had some kind of experience. I don't know exactly what, but something happened to them. They were both shook up, especially that boy.”

https://eu.clarionledger.com/story/magnolia/2018/08/16/look-back-charles-hickson-tells-his-abduction-ufo-miss/1006116002/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quillius said:

I also take it with a grain of salt as I havent seen first hand statements etc.

here is a little bit of text that could help get you started if you wanted to try and track them down and what they saw when and if it relates in any way, personally I don't have the time or inclination

https://eu.clarionledger.com/story/magnolia/2018/08/16/look-back-charles-hickson-tells-his-abduction-ufo-miss/1006116002/

As I stated I was aware of other UFO sightings in the area around that time but none of them seem to be a direct witnessing of what happened to Parker and Hickson.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

As I stated I was aware of other UFO sightings in the area around that time but none of them seem to be a direct witnessing of what happened to Parker and Hickson.

fair enough

15 hours ago, quillius said:

sorry, you are correct, its the said sales and making money from said sales that I question.

i don't know....maybe the light was an exotic plasma that interfered with his mental state, causing hallucinations and beliefs...

maybe he did and was contacted by aliens

maybe he just lost his mind through age

but in summary, i have no idea.

I struggle to believe anyone was abducted by aliens, i think we need to prove they exist first and foremost.

however I do find this case fascinating and am convinced the men experienced something very strange that night. I have struggled to find holes in the account or another explanation that fits the facts/evidence......for the record I include the transcript as part of the evidence but appreciate its not 'scientific evidence'...

huh, weird, we are not that fair a part at all in our thinking about this one, i guess you got really passnate about my observations how good stations treat guests,

as fair as making money off book sales, i would buy them just to have, but no, i doubt all book sales and ufo conventions combined would be much, there is a mindset that in cases like these if the people try to profit it ruins credibilty, because of cases like the warrens and that haunted hoax in washington,

sure, some are just out for a buck, but i dont believe all are, in this one hickson jumped on it not parker, but i cant blame guts like this for trying to make a buck.

i dont believe in abductions but i believe there has to be a cause, a trigger, hickson saw something, the what is the question but no, i dont jump to ET.

• Like 1