Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
tmx3

Writers, has anyone tried this?

Recommended Posts

tmx3

Anyone here write out a pamphlet like eBook and publish it on some platform like Amazon kindle or something of the like?  

What were some of the sites you’d use to push your work?  

I’m trying to figure out how to SEO some work I have done. Trying to find the right outlet to put my work out there. 

Thanks in advance for any insight given. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
marsman
2 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

Anyone here write out a pamphlet like eBook and publish it on some platform like Amazon kindle or something of the like?  

What were some of the sites you’d use to push your work?  

I’m trying to figure out how to SEO some work I have done. Trying to find the right outlet to put my work out there. 

Thanks in advance for any insight given. 

 

check some these links

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=yfqnXNHAIsCV1fAPkYmvcA&q=ebook+publishing&oq=eBook+publishing&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.10334.24923..30399...0.0..0.1839.10148.2-1j1j0j2j3j3j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i10.u-PxoxxHbfY

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3

I’ve searched those links. 

Maybe there’s some miscommunication.  

I’m asking for a platform that kind of has clients on it that would be pressed to buy your books so in a way you wouldn’t have to market your own work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
15 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

I’m asking for a platform that kind of has clients on it that would be pressed to buy your books so in a way you wouldn’t have to market your own work. 

If the book is about a certain subject hook up with a company that promotes the subject. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

What's the book about, if you don't mind me asking. I'm just nosey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
Posted (edited)

HEy what other forums have you mentioned this to ? if you don't mind my asking, might be some SEO spec. over at ????? some geek ... oh brokencomputers or such that would probably gladly help you tune up a site regarding SEO, and it doesn't happen over night usually fair results in a month and it should REALLY heat up in 3 months then they should follow up with hint posting at other sites about your site and then of course you have to stop in on the Oprah Winfrey show or Ellen. A bit of humour on the last bit there.

Seriously though eeh more posting in over me OH well.... as I was going to say....

  I hope you can return back after you find some quality information and post it in here later.

 

hahaha dismissed LOVE THAT !heehehe : D  UUUUUPDATE: oh it was bleepingcomputer I was trying to think of.  Alrighty that's about it for my two bits/bytes.

Edited by MWoo7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

@spartan max2  it involves theology. I’m attempting something bold which I know I’ll get a lot of scrutiny for, but hey why not. 

Princeton University might help. If it's a specific denomination you can contact them. The Quakers also publish other's theology. I can get you a "in" there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Princeton University might help. If it's a specific denomination you can contact them. The Quakers also publish other's theology. I can get you a "in" there. 

Princeton wouldn’t unless it’s sourced...and I bet that’s incredibly difficult to do. 

I have a more opinion-based kind of work I want to put out there. 

Like I said, I’m well aware it would come with a lot of scrutiny so that’s why I’m extremely hesitant about going to them. 

Could you elaborate with what you mentioned about Quakers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, tmx3 said:

Could you elaborate with what you mentioned about Quakers?

The Non-Theistic Quakers publish pamphet-booklets on various personal theologies through Pendle Hill publishing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Non-Theistic Quakers publish pamphet-booklets on various personal theologies through Pendle Hill publishing. 

Thanks for that... the only thing is, it is theistic.  Has to do with God.  Doesn’t go against theology or God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney
12 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

Thanks for that... the only thing is, it is theistic.  Has to do with God.  Doesn’t go against theology or God

Non-Theistic Quakers are a mix. There are Christian ones. Buddhist ones, Traditional Indian ones and even Atheists. 

Check out the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Non-Theistic Quakers are a mix. There are Christian ones. Buddhist ones, Traditional Indian ones and even Atheists. 

Check out the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. 

I did but it’s not exactly what I’m looking for. 

Thanks anyhow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist

Have you looked into self-publishing on Amazon? I haven't tried it myself, but I know an author who has and has had good results. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmx3
12 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Have you looked into self-publishing on Amazon? I haven't tried it myself, but I know an author who has and has had good results. 

I wanted to try that, but I wasn’t sure if Amazon would market for me, or if I’d have something similar to a link or sample that I’d then have to market on my own social media or some other kind of platform?  That’s my problem.  I have no idea how to publish something semi-privately but on a platform with enough clients who’d not only be willing to buy but more importantly be interested in and passionate about the subject matter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist
5 hours ago, tmx3 said:

I wanted to try that, but I wasn’t sure if Amazon would market for me, or if I’d have something similar to a link or sample that I’d then have to market on my own social media or some other kind of platform?  That’s my problem.  I have no idea how to publish something semi-privately but on a platform with enough clients who’d not only be willing to buy but more importantly be interested in and passionate about the subject matter.  

On Amazon you can self publish in e-book or print (or both, I think). Then you could promote the book yourself on your Facebook or blog. You could start a Facebook page on your theme and promote your book there. Lots of ideas if you've got the time! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.