Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paw print raises fears of big cat on the loose

Still Waters

A big cat is on the loose in Cornwall, police have said, after they made a plaster cast of a paw print left in the garden where a family dog was mauled.

Police and the RSPCA say the paw print is far too large to be that of a domesticated cat, leading some to believe the myth of the big cats roaming Dartmoor to be true.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/05/big-cat-lose-cornwall-five-missing-cats-plaster-cast-paw-print/

Police and the RSPCA have warned a ‘panther-like’ big cat is stalking a village where several pets have disappeared.

Five cats went missing and a dog was attacked by a ‘panther or puma’ in a single week, raising concerns about safety in the village of Harrowbarrow near Callington, Cornwall.

After forensic experts took a plaster cast of a paw print, officials confirmed the tracks – which measure almost five inches – are that of a big cat, with police saying ‘something has been here which should not be’.

One local farmer claims to have discovered its ‘den’ on his land.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/large-panther-like-cat-stalking-village-pets-disappeared-rspca-confirm-131836827.html

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• The title was changed to Paw print raises fears of big cat on the loose

Excuse me while I put my skeptical Sal hat on:

"Obvious fraud!  Anyone can make paw prints like that, it  has been PROVEN which proves these prints are fake. FAKE! It's all a bunch of hoaxers creating these evidences.  Does anyone have any skeletal remains of this alleged cat...?  No. See?! That proves it, No skeletal remains proves the cat does not exist, PROVEN,  you flat earth tin foil hatters!!  And what about pictures??  Can anyone find just ONE clear photo of this cat???   NO! With all the cell phones people have today and STILL no pictures of this cat. This cat is a myth from start to finish, created by hoaxers, and that is PROVEN!

How'd I do :--)  

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Excuse me while I put my skeptical Sal hat on:

"Obvious fraud!  Anyone can make paw prints like that, it  has been PROVEN which proves these prints are fake. FAKE! It's all a bunch of hoaxers creating these evidences.  Does anyone have any skeletal remains of this alleged cat...?  No. See?! That proves it, No skeletal remains proves the cat does not exist, PROVEN,  you flat earth tin foil hatters!!  And what about pictures??  Can anyone find just ONE clear photo of this cat???   NO! With all the cell phones people have today and STILL no pictures of this cat. This cat is a myth from start to finish, created by hoaxers, and that is PROVEN!

I sense a touch of negativity and disbelief? 

Case solved then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Actually, lilla, I was spoofing the BF skeptics. In this case, hell yea, I think the cat exists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Actually, lilla, I was spoofing the BF skeptics. In this case, hell yea, I think the cat exists.

I know, I do follow the threads and found it amusing and that post was well out if character for you, it made me smile. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

*snip*

You did bad.

You can’t really compare this to the BF/ET/Ghost/UFO stories which generally have little basis in reality.

Gives a bit of an insight into how you wrongly think a sceptics mind works.

I also don’t feel it’s a hoax. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Let's look at it this way, man science, whatever has always been about proving ppl wrong. Yet there are millions of forest ect that has not been exposed if you know what I mean. Why is it is not everyone no scientific research or evidence that is is always a hoax? Ok so if you never seen it then it must be a lie it is fake it is mass hysteria? Ok so answer this,

You can't see the wind so is that real? Before you say it you see the wind? Nope all you see is trees moving. Oh wait we can feel the wind right? How can you be sure it is the wind? I mean you can't see it? LoL you all know what u am getting at. I have never seen bigfoot but millions of people all over the world have seen him? Ancient Indian tribes talked about him and painted him on the walls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

You did bad.

You can’t really compare this to the BF/ET/Ghost/UFO stories which generally have little basis in reality.

Oh...? Where's the basis in realty in this cat story, Tim?  Dead pet dogs?  Hell, I can show you about Snippy the horse that was killed by a UFO. Cattle mutilations too.

Wanna try some more, Tim <grin>?  This be fun! I bet I can beat you at your own game. It's simple. especially when I can now allow myself to lie my ass off.

Gives a bit of an insight into how you wrongly think a sceptics mind works.

All I ever did Tim was mimick you and your ilk. Every bit of it. Ya, that IS how you skeptics sound,

I also don’t feel it’s a hoax. 

Think on these things, and have a nice day, Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Abilityperson said:

Let's look at it this way, man science, whatever has always been about proving ppl wrong. Yet there are millions of forest ect that has not been exposed if you know what I mean. Why is it is not everyone no scientific research or evidence that is is always a hoax? Ok so if you never seen it then it must be a lie it is fake it is mass hysteria? Ok so answer this,

You can't see the wind so is that real? Before you say it you see the wind? Nope all you see is trees moving. Oh wait we can feel the wind right? How can you be sure it is the wind? I mean you can't see it? LoL you all know what u am getting at. I have never seen bigfoot but millions of people all over the world have seen him? Ancient Indian tribes talked about him and painted him on the walls. 

Funny story for ya, AbilityPerson. Leon Lederman, who recently died, was director of the Fermi Institute in Chicago. He wrote a book,, "The God Particle", a great and funny book. 

Anyway, Lederman says, "did you ever see the pope"?  He says "Most people say yes because they think they saw the pope but all they really saw was a tv image of him"  - or words to that affect. There are lots of things we never really see, electrons, leptons, muons, neutrinos, but you see what I mean. Yet people have no problem thinking these things exist. (and I am sure they do)  I know in the case of Neutrinos, they were discovered when they made a trail in a bubble chamber, so the "trail" is what we go by. We still have never really "seen" a neutrino.

Now, tell a Never-BFer that you found a BF print. Right off the bat they go flying off to show you it is fake. No hesitation, no cogitation, no thinking, no nudda.

Yet they think of themselves as  scientificos <grin>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dynamo X said:

The cats are there. Their release was admitted by the zoo years ago Mr Earl of Trumps. Link posted below

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3701839/Has-mystery-Beast-Dartmoor-finally-solved-Owner-missing-lynx-zoo-admits-released-pumas-wild-1980s.html

He's obviously lying. (I know this because I have already proven the cat does not exist) 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 2

No one has yet proven that Earl.Of.Trumps exists. Therefore I deny his existence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No one has yet proven that Earl.Of.Trumps exists. Therefore I deny his existence.

Excellent Stroke, Sir WoH!  I could just be a spambot designed to be a hairball in the throat of the best and the brightest in UM    (cough)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Funny story for ya, AbilityPerson. Leon Lederman, who recently died, was director of the Fermi Institute in Chicago. He wrote a book,, "The God Particle", a great and funny book. 

Anyway, Lederman says, "did you ever see the pope"?  He says "Most people say yes because they think they saw the pope but all they really saw was a tv image of him"  - or words to that affect. There are lots of things we never really see, electrons, leptons, muons, neutrinos, but you see what I mean. Yet people have no problem thinking these things exist. (and I am sure they do)  I know in the case of Neutrinos, they were discovered when they made a trail in a bubble chamber, so the "trail" is what we go by. We still have never really "seen" a neutrino.

Now, tell a Never-BFer that you found a BF print. Right off the bat they go flying off to show you it is fake. No hesitation, no cogitation, no thinking, no nudda.

Yet they think of themselves as  scientificos <grin>

That is funny with that guy, but you see my point, I am not here to bash people because we all have our options, but on the same note, if you don't believe in anything this site is about why bother? Now there is nothing wrong with skepticism I always look at the probably cause if there is no scientific clause to it then how do you explain it. What I don't like is people coming on here throwing around youare talking lies ect. If you don't believe so be it don't act like you are the person to prove they are wrong with out scientific proof

:-)

It is highly likely that they would avoid human contact and only represent a danger if trapped."

It was in someone’s backyard. That’s not exactly avoiding contact with humans. They better capture or kill this cat because if it gets hungry enough a child playing outside will seem like an easy meal not to mention pets.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

He's obviously lying. (I know this because I have already proven the cat does not exist) 

Well stone the Crows, you've solved the mystery once and for all

• Haha 1

I don't understand this stuff. They just caught a 17 foot Burmese Python in Florida. They are NOT native to that place. People in the past had all sorts of animals for pets all over the place. Some were released when they got too big and some just escaped. this happens all over the world. We used to have wild camels in Texas and they weren't native. I know people that own tigers right now. Why is it so unbelievable that this could happen in Cornwall or anywhere in England???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/04/2019 at 11:04 AM, OverSword said:

It was in someone’s backyard. That’s not exactly avoiding contact with humans. They better capture or kill this cat because if it gets hungry enough a child playing outside will seem like an easy meal not to mention pets.

Sheep and other livestock would be missing or mutilated if there was a big cat in the area.

• Thanks 1

On 07/04/2019 at 7:01 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh...? Where's the basis in realty in this cat story, Tim?  Dead pet dogs?  Hell, I can show you about Snippy the horse that was killed by a UFO. Cattle mutilations too.

Wanna try some more, Tim <grin>?  This be fun! I bet I can beat you at your own game. It's simple. especially when I can now allow myself to lie my ass off.

All I ever did Tim was mimick you and your ilk. Every bit of it. Ya, that IS how you skeptics sound,

Think on these things, and have a nice day, Tim

Horrible attitude @Earl.Of.Trumps

There are people here, skeptics and believers, who debate seriously and sincerely. 

My experience with you is that you muddy the waters; eg. the ‘cockpit video’ discussion between you and I is a prime example. Me trying to address a specific argument, you discussing with incorrect terms and adding other unrelated things. It took multiple replies to clarify what you were actually talking about; which was ultimately incorrect. 

So yes, basis in reality: Big cats have reportedly been released in the area. And big cats do exist.

We have a well written article with personal, police and RSPCA commentary which makes sense, also casts of prints etc. Big cats sighted, livestock/pets missing/attacked. Other reports from the same area. 

Snippy the horse and cattle mutilations have always had more logical explanations based on earthly realities rather than ET/UFO/chupacabra etc.

Please don’t be mistaken; you are not mimicking me or any of the other sincere and serious sceptical posters here. You just come across as arrogant and with a misplaced self sense of grandeur.

Some of your arguments are valid, but too many are not. That includes your attempt in this thread to make a point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DanL said:

I don't understand this stuff. They just caught a 17 foot Burmese Python in Florida. They are NOT native to that place. People in the past had all sorts of animals for pets all over the place. Some were released when they got too big and some just escaped. this happens all over the world. We used to have wild camels in Texas and they weren't native. I know people that own tigers right now. Why is it so unbelievable that this could happen in Cornwall or anywhere in England???

Thats the exact reason when people get things like pythons they should do their homework....Burmese pythons get huge they are not some small green snake you find in the shrubs of your back yard....The very fact that Florida is having a problem with the python is not the python's fault but the ignorance of the people who purchase them not knowing how large the snake will get. Purchasing exotic pets is not something anyone should take lightly weather it be a python or a big cat or even a camel....I am sure there are big cats that have escaped from zoo's and private owners and found their way into habitat's that they are not suppose to be in..But is it the cat's fault? Hell no! It's the idiot's that go out and pull them from their natural habitat and weather by accident or on purpose introduce them to places they should not be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DanL said:

There's no doubt that exotic cats have been released into the Britush countryside. As far as I'm aware no conclusive evidence for any big cats (pantherines) has ever been recovered, but there are definite cases of smaller species being recovered from the wild here, even a puma trapped in Scotland. How many is obviously unknown, as is how long they survived. 

The British big cat phenomena though turned into urban myth years ago and fodder for the tablouds.  Every photo I've ever seen, and I've seen a few, has been ckearly a mog in my opinion. It is true though that as above, someone did turn up with a puma, but itt's not clear if it was really trapped, as oppised to bought, nor whether if it was genuinely trapped how long it had been at large. 

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Sheep and other livestock would be missing or mutilated if there was a big cat in the area.

Assuming it’s in an area with a lot of livestock. When I was young one of my first jobs was as a hand on a ranch. There were plenty of bears, cougars, coyotes and Sasquatch around ;) and we rarely saw any of the local horses, cows, or sheep attacked by the big cats probably because there were plenty of their smaller natural prey around and because they tend to stay away from human dwellings.  But if one is sick and weakened they may decide that an easier meal is worth the risk of exposure to humans. Sounds like the case here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

Horrible attitude @Earl.Of.Trumps

Well, Tim, now you know how frustrated I get. You should think about these things when you start with your spoofing.

There are people here, skeptics and believers, who debate seriously and sincerely. 

My experience with you is that you muddy the waters; eg. the ‘cockpit video’ discussion between you and I is a prime example. Me trying to address a specific argument, you discussing with incorrect terms and adding other unrelated things. It took multiple replies to clarify what you were actually talking about; which was ultimately incorrect. 

Tim, I tried everything I could to appease you until I found out you were just eff'n with me. You refused all videos I ever got for you as evidence. You never said thanks.  You never explained why the vids did not suit you, you just basically sucked, as a poster, as a person. And I knew then you were eff'n with me. Just to be  blowhard. Ok?  Just to be a blowhard.

Hey. I tried!

So yes, basis in reality: Big cats have reportedly been released in the area. And big cats do exist.

We have a well written article with personal, police and RSPCA commentary which makes sense, also casts of prints etc. Big cats sighted, livestock/pets missing/attacked. Other reports from the same area. 

Just because cats exist it does not prove that this cat in England exists. I thought you were a serious thinker?!

Snippy the horse and cattle mutilations have always had more logical explanations based on earthly realities rather than ET/UFO/chupacabra etc.

"Logical explanations". So you and your ilk say.  Media members from europe, canada and all over the US came  in to see this Snippy because it all had no explanation, logical or otherwise. But I digress.

Please don’t be mistaken; you are not mimicking me or any of the other sincere and serious sceptical posters here. You just come across as arrogant and with a misplaced self sense of grandeur.

Some of your arguments are valid, but too many are not. That includes your attempt in this thread to make a point. 

Like I said, Tim, EVERY argument I posted as to why the cat does not exist came right from the book of Tim and the Nyetites'  why BF cannot exist.  Ok...? So yes I am mimicking you.

And it all made me feel like an H-Mo.  Ok, Ok, I'm done!