Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings

Abilityperson

15 hours ago, the13bats said:

i got lost with the bold, you mean they were fake or since no one believed him it meant his pictures were fakes.

The photos were faked.  A tin pie plate hanging in a tree.

• Thanks 1

The humans mind likes to find patterns. We even make patterns out of things that have no pattern.

A common example is shapes we see in clouds. Another example is the person that sees patterns in the outcomes of roulette wheels and other gambling apparatus. 

Part of this pattern generation is the "connect the dots phenomenon". People sees things and decide that they are one and the same even if there is little to connect the things seen. I've witnessed this myself as satellites are seen and decisions are made by viewers right next to me that the unrelated lights are indeed the same object. Although I could point out that they were circumpolar satellites and predicted when they would disappear the eyewitnesses preferred to call them UFOs and one or two and that the alien craft were making sharp turns. They told me that satellites cannot make sharp turns. But these eyewitnesses had long ago decided on being privy to alien craft that no one else seemed to notice and the appearance of a new satellite on a different orbit simply meant to them that the craft had made a sharp turn while out of sight. Later that starry evening they even convinced themselves that they had actually witnessed these sharp turns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Get a load of this guy making his own UFO:

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

thanks, i didnt grasp if his stuff had been proven hoax/fake,

there are a few cases walters, meiers, adamski, and really many others at times i questioned their mental state, could they do hoaxes yet believe them after the fact,  but no, they knew it was bs which enters the question why do it?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

thanks, i didnt grasp if his stuff had been proven hoax/fake,

there are a few cases walters, meiers, adamski, and really many others at times i questioned their mental state, could they do hoaxes yet believe them after the fact,  but no, they knew it was bs which enters the question why do it?

I'm pretty sure my friend's dad knew he was hoaxing but I am also sure that he experienced something.  He just wanted someone to believe him and a few people in california did.  I don't have the book he was mentioned in any  more, it was kind of a silly book, and I did not give the crazy old man any money so I don't have the dvd either. 

• Like 3

some people will believe anything, and fight about it.

ray wallace comes to mind, he basically started the north America bigfoot craze and it was not called "bigfoot" before his hoaxing, many of his tracks were hailed as real, couldnt be faked by the big names, the its a blow to them his family comes clean after he dies yet some cant just laugh at themselves and say yeah, he got me, their ego makes them more comfortable with calling his family liars.

Kenneth Arnold did with his sighting, he describes flying objects as "skipping disks" the news morphs it to "flying saucers" bang, a term is born,  if one looks up actual old reports Arnold who obviously loves the attention changes his story a little bit almost with each telling, then by the the time hes teamed up ray palmer Arnold is saying his UFOs wers not craft but rather living creatures. i believe that goes back to what he did see, a mundain flock of birds, any i think he knew it all along.

i find it all a bit interesting, i imagine many hoaxers started with having an unexplained to them experence they dont realize or perhaps care for most it kills any credibilty to pull hoaxes.

its not that i am anti paranormal/supernatural its just so many natural things that we dont understand i dont jump,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Suad Hamzić, the Yugoslavian pilot who witnessed UFOs ( fast objects with lights ) three times died a couple of days ago.

https://www.kurir.rs/region/bosna-i-hercegovina/3246343/titov-pilot-koji-je-lovio-nlo-preminuo-u-mostaru-suad-hamzic-tri-puta-se-susretao-sa-nepoznatim-letecim-objektima-ali-o-tome-nije-smeo-da-zucne-ni-rec-video

He also wrote a book about his life and these experiences. What is specifically interesting for me is that he claimed that these objects were notified by radars. They would appear and disappear after a short time.

How come when some one writes a book all of a sudden they become a UFO God? People that write these books are only doing it for money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

How come when some one writes a book all of a sudden they become a UFO God? People that write these books are only doing it for money.

I often wonder that. It's also a question why a doctor, scientist, military personal seem to have more authority in regards to such subjects as UFO's. Anyone can be a crackpot.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I often wonder that. It's also a question why a doctor, scientist, military personal seem to have more authority in regards to such subjects as UFO's. Anyone can be a crackpot.

I don't even try to guess anymore to be honest. People that write this stuff need to **** can the conspiracy theory and try writing actual facts instead of screaming cover up!

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

yep

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Suad Hamzić, the Yugoslavian pilot who witnessed UFOs ( fast objects with lights ) three times died a couple of days ago.

https://www.kurir.rs/region/bosna-i-hercegovina/3246343/titov-pilot-koji-je-lovio-nlo-preminuo-u-mostaru-suad-hamzic-tri-puta-se-susretao-sa-nepoznatim-letecim-objektima-ali-o-tome-nije-smeo-da-zucne-ni-rec-video

He also wrote a book about his life and these experiences. What is specifically interesting for me is that he claimed that these objects were notified by radars. They would appear and disappear after a short time.

any evidence?

On 4/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, the13bats said:

some people will believe anything, and fight about it.

ray wallace comes to mind, he basically started the north America bigfoot craze and it was not called "bigfoot" before his hoaxing, many of his tracks were hailed as real, couldnt be faked by the big names, the its a blow to them his family comes clean after he dies yet some cant just laugh at themselves and say yeah, he got me, their ego makes them more comfortable with calling his family liars.

Kenneth Arnold did with his sighting, he describes flying objects as "skipping disks" the news morphs it to "flying saucers" bang, a term is born,  if one looks up actual old reports Arnold who obviously loves the attention changes his story a little bit almost with each telling, then by the the time hes teamed up ray palmer Arnold is saying his UFOs wers not craft but rather living creatures. i believe that goes back to what he did see, a mundain flock of birds, any i think he knew it all along.

i find it all a bit interesting, i imagine many hoaxers started with having an unexplained to them experence they dont realize or perhaps care for most it kills any credibilty to pull hoaxes.

its not that i am anti paranormal/supernatural its just so many natural things that we dont understand i dont jump,

That's the thing with the invention of the old inter webs..Before you would never have heard about half this stuff and if you did it was in some smut magazine. With the coming of the internet came the fruit cakes, scammers and hoaxers that have slept quietly in their little alcoves of insanity awaiting a time to be brought forth. My oh my how times have changed..We are now bombarded by fake news, hoaxed UFO reports, insane abductions, questionable encounters just to name a few.

I am reminded of the late Gray Barker who published a newsletter called "Saucer News" that he later sold to the late James Moseley...Barker was a prime example of a UFO publishing guru..Though Barker himself never believed the things he wrote and would sometimes embellish them just to sell a story or book. Barker also had his share of hoaxes and would partake in them just to deceive a serious UFO investigator. Moseley even commented once that Barker took all of the UFO phenomena as a joke. But with all that said Gray Barker is the reason we now have this infamous Men in Black story. Barker introduced them in a book called "They Knew To Much About Flying Saucers".

My point being that even though there maybe serious UFO investigators some of them may not be above creating a hoax just to advance their own agenda! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

any evidence?

Well, I don't know. Maybe it's in some old military archives. This man had a very good reputation, I don't see why would he lied that radars spotted the object.

Edited by TrumanB

15 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Here it is:

https://www.delfi.rs/knjige/112136_letacke_price_knjiga_delfi_knjizare.html

This is his biography if I'm not mistaken, UFO stuff is maybe one chapter. I'd like to read that book nomatter what you think. :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, I don't know. Maybe it's in some old military archives. This man had a very good reputation, I don't see why would he lied that radars spotted the object.

if you like his book read it...however, some people say for example bob lazer has a good rep, doesnt mean he does.

• Like 2

Theres a wealth of material available at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SuspectSky/videos

I especially like the longer vids:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=suspect+sky&sp=EgIYAg%3D%3D

These are interesting as well..

..Although a lot of these 'sightings' concern a static unknown object in the sky, which could easily be balloons, chinese lanterns etc.. still, fascinating stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/5/2019 at 7:11 AM, Phaeton80 said:

Theres a wealth of material available at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SuspectSky/videos

I especially like the longer vids:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=suspect+sky&sp=EgIYAg%3D%3D

These are interesting as well.

..Although a lot of these 'sightings' concern a static unknown object in the sky, which could easily be balloons, chinese lanterns etc.. still, fascinating stuff.

I popped in over to suspect sky and noticed it was full of conspiracy theory ideas. Some didn't make much sense such as: hidden catastrophe science, electric universe, anti vaxxing

The video you linked to begins with:

1. The Chilean video that was positively identified as a commercial flight landing at an airport.

2. The Jerusalem video is a well known hoax.

3. The Puerto Rico video was discussed here with a general conclusion of small object but too poor quality to determine anything..

I gave  up after that

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

I popped in over to suspect sky and noticed it was full of conspiracy theory ideas. Some didn't make much sense such as: hidden catastrophe science, electric universe, anti vaxxing

The video you linked to begins with:

1. The Chilean video that was positively identified as a commercial flight landing at an airport.

2. The Jerusalem video is a well known hoax.

3. The Puerto Rico video was discussed here with a general conclusion of small object but too poor quality to determine anything..

I gave  up after that

I was aware the Jerusalem vdo was a fake, wasnt aware the Chilean was as well. Ill check that out.

The suspect sky channel was linked for its UFO material, but it doesnt at all surprise me you would let some questionable material instantly motivate you to disregard everything (and there is some very interesting stuff on there).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

I was aware the Jerusalem vdo was a fake, wasnt aware the Chilean was as well. Ill check that out.

The suspect sky channel was linked for its UFO material, but it doesnt at all surprise me you would let some questionable material instantly motivate you to disregard everything (and there is some very interesting stuff on there).

It's really hard to trust a sight that mixes questionable, already proven hoaxes in together as if they are all true.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

i didnt visit "sky channel" but like with click bait compilations if they mix in known hoaxes and do not label them hoax it does for me and i know many others kill all credibilty for the site, poster etc because for me im tired of and bored with all the bs tripe out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Let me give you a hint. This is a a false inference you made: "it doesnt at all surprise me you would let some questionable material instantly motivate you to disregard everything"

Not quite sure why you made that mistake. I simply pointed out that the site was heavy into CT thinking and that makes finding any gems hidden in all of the manure pretty time consuming don't you think?

The Chilean video was endorsed by Kean and that is not that surprising When t he book and video h it the amateur circuit it was as some might say "debunked" in less than a day. That really doesn't say much about the so-called UFO researchers.

• Like 1

the list of kean backed hoaxes isnt short.

ironic kean thinks she is special enough to judge who is or isnt of merit to research ufo reports and judge them negatively when find her book tripe but if they agree with her then they are ok,

i recall seeing her on a documentary saying something to the effect she doesnt look for ufos she looks for explanations yet all her conclusions seem to end with, it must be ET.

seems another ufo book written for attention and ego and possible $$$

• Like 2