Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Admin Lets Foster Agency Turn Away Catholics

Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yup.. so you ignore my post. 

1) Show me a wikipedia post for this organisation

2) Deny that is was the Obama administration that licensed this organisation. 

3) Admit that you are wrong. and...... 

4) Shower me with chocolates as a form of apology. 

Actually, I'd be happy to let points (1) through (3) to pass by :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hell no with the day ive had alllll the chocolate is mine :D

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Yup.. so you ignore my post. 

1) Show me a wikipedia post for this organisation

2) Deny that is was the Obama administration that licensed this organisation. 

3) Admit that you are wrong. and...... 

Actually, I'd be happy to let points (1) through (3) to pass by :)

I'll be nice and help Farmer out.  Here is their webpage telling their history: https://miraclehill.org/who-we-are/history/

It also has links to their taxes, financial reports, etc.

If you go to the employment section, it will happily tell you how to get a job and what religious values you must have to even be considered. 

Since Wikipedia is created by users.  If you truly want, I can go make a page for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I'll be nice and help Farmer out.  Here is their webpage telling their history: https://miraclehill.org/who-we-are/history/

It also has links to their taxes, financial reports, etc.

If you go to the employment section, it will happily tell you how to get a job and what religious values you must have to even be considered. 

Since Wikipedia is created by users.  If you truly want, I can go make a page for you.

Oh WOULD you @Gromdor ? I think that would be MOST helpful. 

I mean.. an organisation without a Wikipedia page ? How could that POSSIBLY be relevant to modern society ? 

You would be doing the entire WORLD a favour. 

Let me know when you have finished it... I'd then cite your page in these fora :) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Is it only milk chocolate or 73% dark chocolate?  If it’s the dark, I’m holding my hand out. :wub:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL... it sounds like you've had a bad day. You may have SOME of the chocolate :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Is it only milk chocolate or 73% dark chocolate?  If it’s the dark, I’m holding my hand out. :wub:

We're talking BRITISH chocolate here, @RavenHawk. Not your American cardboard chocolate :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

We're talking BRITISH chocolate here, @RavenHawk. Not your American cardboard chocolate :)

Neither am I.  I’m thinking of the dark in baking bars from Whole Foods.  I don’t know the brand but I’m pretty sure it isn’t American (US).  It’s probably Mexican (the real stuff). :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh WOULD you @Gromdor ? I think that would be MOST helpful. 

I mean.. an organisation without a Wikipedia page ? How could that POSSIBLY be relevant to modern society ? 

You would be doing the entire WORLD a favour. 

Let me know when you have finished it... I'd then cite your page in these fora :) 

Blah, I started on it but decided it was too much work for just a silly reason. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Wait...you have different chocolate over there? What's the difference?

we have great dark chocolate,70%,  85%, and 90%, this is the only chocolate i allow my kids to eat, milk chocolate is mostly sugar, aka garbage. they do not even eat chocolate candy much , since almost all use milk chocolate. and i do not have to tell them anymore,  we have dozens of different brands.  some milk chocolate does taste like cardboard, but i never buy that garbage.  there is nothing wrong with usa made chocolate,  if you know what to buy. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

After reading their ‘Qualifications for Employment’ and the ‘Doctrinal Statement’, the only requirement I see that Maddonna may not qualify for is #3 under the ‘Qualifications for Employment’, “Actively participate in and continue in good standing with a local Protestant church. (The church is God’s vehicle of spiritual accountability. Employees must meet the expectations of their church, in areas of conduct not addressed by MHM).  It seems that it could be just an administrative change as all the substantive requirements are the same between the two faiths.  I could be missing something.  But until an administrative change is made, we must respect it.  It’s still not discrimination.  This could be a great opportunity for this Protestant organization to join forces with the local Catholic agency to work together.

If the funding and the associated rules apply equally to agencies of all faiths then Madonna simply applied to the wrong one.  One affiliated with the Catholic Church should be more accommodating to her.  Overall, it sounds like an attempt by the government to provide funds for Child Protective Agencies across the board and let the various faiths do the work.  Any mismatch between a prospective client and an agency could be made to seem like discrimination when viewed out of context.  No blame should befall the Trump administration unless they implemented the program with discrimination as their goal.  I'm sure it predates Trump's election.

Edited by Big Jim
clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I'm sure it predates Trump's election.

:blink:

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe the whole situation is just as staged as gay wedding cake,

It does have a project veritas vibe to it.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

:blink: reaction to "I'm sure it predates Trump's election. "

Well, did Trump establish the funding agency or not?  If not then it predates his election.  Not so confusing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

Well, did Trump establish the funding agency or not?  If not then it predates his election.  Not so confusing.

He granted the waiver that said the organization can bypass federal standards as they relate to discrimination.

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

That and the case with the wedding photographer and the others were clearly targeted discrimination against the person of faith.  Unless it is a violation of Public Accommodation Laws, if some business refuses to serve you, just move on to the next.  That’s just research but that’s what they probably did to find their targets in the first place.

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

He granted the waiver that said the organization can bypass federal standards as they relate to discrimination.

I was just re-reading that.  Thanks.  Still it sounds like a practical way to avoid frivolous lawsuits.  Like I said, if there are agencies to accommodate all faiths, or none at all, then it's simply a matter of going to the right one, no discrimination intended.  As long as the children are placed in good homes then the agencies' goals are being met.  After all, they exist to serve children, not prospective foster parents.  The children are their clients, the parents are a resource.

• Thanks 1

A thought, just butting in here I imagine, no I have not read every last post in here.

Has anyone ever wondered why some foster familys just get started ... then, check on them in a few years, and then they have special needs children and a bunch of them, I've seen that.  

Nobody seems to report much on that in that it might not be out of the holier than thou goodness of their heart that that family is now really in to fostering no- not just one or two when they started, but now a bunch of special needs too.

Maybe this will bring some light to anything bad going on that's like NEVER REPORTED!   Money making opportunity, ... never any surprise visits TO CHECK ON THE KIDS! to that giant house way out miles in the woods, etc. etc. etc.  Yes I've seen these things, always a phone call or letter on the day someone is going to check.
See, I knew some kids from different countries that came through some FOSTER programssssss and whether it was true or not, the stories of locked rooms... well I just can't talk about some of it, some of the nicer stories were not too bad-- in that the kids just had to work a lot.

Edited by MWoo7

1 hour ago, aztek said:

Indeed, 11 fostering agencies in the area, Miracle Hill's mission and focus well documented on their website as are the more lenient requirements of the others. Wasn't like needing an oil change and deciding whether Instant Oil Change or Jiffy Lube had the shorter line. Maddonna likely knew the rules before stepping into Miracle Hill. Not to mention the Jewish and Catholic leadership has backed the waiver request even as one of their parishioners was allegedly discriminated against. As well, their request for waiver was for them and other faith based organizations. In other words, if Jews, Lutherans or Catholics want to ensure children are raised with those values and beliefs, they also should be allowed to do so and Christians would support it. The only people who have an issue are those who hate Christians and the LGBT lobby using this as a vehicle to attack Christians.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Trump policy has been to let religions have the freedom not to serve those that do not fit their values.  Why is everyone so surprised when the more bigoted people use this policy to not include people they dislike?  It's the whole gay wedding cake issue resolved the way conservatives wanted. 

And what is wrong with that?

A free and thriving economy will sort out moral hazard.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

And what is wrong with that?

A free and thriving economy will sort out moral hazard.

So true. If enough people think the baker, florist or fostering organization are bad people who don't belong in business, the problem will take care of itself without trying to get the courts to punish them. Conversely, people are welcome to start bakeries, floral shops and foster orgs that cater specifically to protected classes, agnostics, athiests, and Christian haters.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That’s right, in Donald Trump’s America state-

I'll tell ya, Farmer, I was reading that article and thinking "those suck bags".

Then I get down to the  propaganda part. Blame Bush Trump!    Major BARF