Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Racist" chocolate ducklings cause a stir

Eldorado

10 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"Waitrose has apologised over "racist" Easter ducks after customers complained that the dark brown one was labelled as "ugly". 

An £8 trio of white, milk and dark chocolate Easter ducklings caused offence among a "small number" of customers for being labelled as "fluffy", "crispy" and "ugly""

Full short report at the Telegraph:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/08/waitrose-pulls-ugly-chocolate-ducklings-sale-complaints-racism/

At ITV: https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-09/waitrose-easter-ducklings-pulls-chocolate-ducklings-ugly-duckling-accused-racism/

Of course it's racist! I'm white and I absolutely object to being called 'fluffy'. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The world has gone mad it's pathetic, why do we keep giving in to these morons. This isn't racist one little bit, hell we're adults for gods sake. I might complain about the white ones name, i bet nothing would be done about that. Im so sick of all this pc madness it's stupid, pathetic, insulting!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok so usually these "this product is racist" stories are somewhat laughable but this one is kinda legit. Not that its racist in a nefarious way but damn can you imagine being the darkest skinned kid in church on an easter morning looking at that labeling?

But the kid is a KID. Since when have children thought they were ducks or compared themselves to one? 

Now if i were a duck, i would be offended. How the heck do humans compare themselves to ducks?

This colour thing is getting too stupid. People are looking past the object and just seeing colour.

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Thanks but i should have been clearer. Racist is not the right term in the slightest. However using just a little empathy I can put myself in that 6 year old kid's shoes as he makes the realization that the candy in the package that most fits him is described as ugly.

But a chocolate duck does not fit him.

Unless he has webbed feet, feathers and quacks.

ok  below is  not a chocolate duck , but surely that the ones at Waitrose are edible and chocolate  makes it even less fitting? 

th?id=OIP.dbgt_ad-WLag6wWiQU2BowHaGr

Edited by freetoroam

16 hours ago, Setton said:

My local Chinese does a good crispy duck... 

Thats racist. ! 

We got summer coming up and there are going to be a few crispy sunbathers out there.

Is this stupid enough to beat the chocolate duck? 

18 hours ago, aztek said:

you have to have really low self esteem and huge inferiority complex to look for relation between yourself and a chocolate duck, if white was was named ugly i would not even think to relate it to my race. 

or it is another attempt to racially divide. i wonder who is behind it

It's probably hand rubbing white hating whites who spend their days looking for things to be offended by, black people must put their head in their hands in despair at these idiots.

• Like 1

This topic reminds me of this clip.

Is it a duck?

Edited by Aaron2016

On 4/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, oldrover said:

As to the article, if it's true I find it deranged. 

I agree... there seems to be a lot of that going around.