Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lady with organs on wrong side of her body

Eldorado

"A 99-year-old Oregon woman may have died not knowing that many of her organs were not where they should've been.

Rose Marie Bentley is thought to be the oldest person with a rare condition called situs inversus with levocardia, meaning that her heart was in the right place, but her liver and other abdominal organs grew on the left side of her body – the opposite of typical human anatomy."

Full monty at USA Today: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/08/oregon-woman-99-organs-wrong-side-body/3405878002/

At Starctmag: http://starctmag.com/news/a-99-year-old-woman-lived-with-organs-on-the-wrong-side-of-her-body-12401-2019/

• Like 2

When I started reading the article on her, earlier this morning, I kept thinking how awful of her to go through this for so long. (Initial thoughts before starting article. The news site I was on, the header didn’t meantion she died, that she lived for 99 years not knowing). Then as I realized she had already passed, and her body donated to science, I had hoped she wasn’t in any pain all those years. 

Come to find out, it seemed she didn’t really felt pain. And that it seemed to me, she had a remarkable life. She had a family, ( I wondered if she was able to have children) and did things for others, (happily). That made me glad for her and her children. 

But still, considering she had various organs removed, the unique anatomy wasn’t investigated and noticed by the various medical professionals. :o That still gets me. 

Forget to add, I did read about her heartburn troubles, (because of her unique insides) but does not a lot of people?!?!

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
Remembered more info from topic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Lady with organs on wrong side of her body

Oh, left not right!

I was thinking outside not in.

;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

She had a family, ( I wondered if she was able to have children) and did things for others, (happily).

That's probably due to her heart being in the right place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Big Jim said:
2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

She had a family, ( I wondered if she was able to have children) and did things for others, (happily).

That's probably due to her heart being in the right place.

Well, considering I do believe I read that even her heart organ had opposite situations do it, I have a feeling you’re speaking metaphorically puntastic. :lol:  ;)  

• Like 1