Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump hotels exempted from ban on foreign

ExpandMyMind

35 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How do you know?

Besides, ppl felt LIED to.  That's what counts

People were lied to.  And now they were lied to again. 

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Falling for the same lie twice and now falling for the same corruption twice isn't something to be proud of.  It starts to reflect poorly on the intelligence of the victims (In this case the American public).

That's why whenever someone brings up Clinton, I'm always saying investigate her and lock her up then- You had two years.   Instead of Bush, ripped us off too!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you sure they did?  I think Slick Willie is still booking speaking engagements at a couple of hundred thousand dollars a pop.

And that Hammerclaw is a frustrating thing for some.  It seems illegal and unethical, but I'm betting the Clintons are cagey enough to skate right up to the edge without going over.  The conservatives think an investigation will reveal all kind of crimes and they'll get to lock her up.  I will bet this year's tax refund that Bill and Hillary will ride off into the sunset smirking. 

They don't call him "Slick Willie" for nuthin'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Besides, ppl felt LIED to.  That's what counts

That is the heart of it and it doesn't matter which side does it.  

• Like 1

Sooooo... we all agree then that Trump is not benefiting from his Hotel chain ? Or rather.. said Chain is not influencing his political decisions ? 

Excellent :)

Next ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Sooooo... we all agree then that Trump is not benefiting from his Hotel chain ? Or rather.. said Chain is not influencing his political decisions ? 

Excellent :)

Next ? 

You still haven't read the OP's initial article......  It clearly explains how he is benefiting and how his political decisions could have been affected by those cases when he benefited.

You know, this kind of reminds me of a Trump joke:

A man goes into the bar and says, "I have a funny Trump joke!"

The bartender frowns and says, " See that bouncer-  He is a Trump supporter.  See that waitress- She is a Trump supporter.  See that lady over there?  She's my wife, does the books and is a Trump supporter and I am a Trump supporter as well.  Do you still want to tell the joke?"

The guy says, "Nah,  I don't want to have to explain it four times."

Edited by Gromdor
added joke
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It clearly explains how he is benefiting and how his political decisions could have been affected by those cases when he benefited.

Well, Grom, perhaps but it doesn't explain why "benefiting" is a bad thing.  I think that's a good thing.

What should be done about it, Grom?  Oh, and before you answer, do you believe in "equal protection under the law"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, Grom, perhaps but it doesn't explain why "benefiting" is a bad thing.  I think that's a good thing.

What should be done about it, Grom?  Oh, and before you answer, do you believe in "equal protection under the law"?

I believe in the Constitution.  The Justice Dept ruling is basically saying Trump hotels are exempt from it.

You really think it's a good think for a politician to use his position for personal profit?  That is the very definition of corruption.

I feel like I am trying to explain to a rapist why rape is bad here.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I believe in the Constitution.  The Justice Dept ruling is basically saying Trump hotels are exempt from it.

You really think it's a good think for a politician to use his position for personal profit?

Doesn't the answer to that depend on whether the Pol is the same party as the person you ask that question to??   Me thinks so :huh:

27 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That is the very definition of corruption.

I feel like I am trying to explain to a rapist why rape is bad here.  

Nah, ya done fine.  Now,,,,

Were you at all objectionable about Hilary using her position of power to get $140 million from her buddy, Vlad, into her "Clinton Trust Fund"?  :no:

Which all means what, Grom...??  It means we can all turn our back to corruption when it suits us.

Go Trump!  Make money!!!   Lots of it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Doesn't the answer to that depend on whether the Pol is the same party as the person you ask that question to??   Me thinks so :huh:

Nah, ya done fine.  Now,,,,

Were you at all objectionable about Hilary using her position of power to get $140 million from her buddy, Vlad, into her "Clinton Trust Fund"?  :no:

Which all means what, Grom...??  It means we can all turn our back to corruption when it suits us.

Go Trump!  Make money!!!   Lots of it.

So, you are basically saying you are pro-corruption as long as it benefits your party and you are bitter that the other party got away with it?  I totally get that.  Makes me feel bad for you as a person, but I get it.

If you go back in this forum two years ago, you will find where I said the Republicans should go and investigate and prosecute Hillary.  I don't understand why you are bitter at me that they chose to do nothing when they had all the power.  Perhaps not electing a Clinton family friend for president would have helped.

So nah, I'm no going to turn my back towards this for you.  This is actually a bit worse than Clinton.  The Justice Dept isn't saying Trump is exempt from page 4 of the girl scout manual.  They are saying he is exempt from the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

• Like 2

If Trump wasn't the president, people would still come and stay at his hotels. 

Being president probably DOES add a degree of "allure" to his hotels. However, anyone thinking that he would be influenced - as President - by people staying at his hotels is somewhat delusional, in my opinion. 

Gromdor, you stated earlier that President Trump shouldn't use his hotels to do government business. Can you give some examples of this happening ? Also, can you remind me how many hotels the government possesses for housing foreign dignitaries ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So, you are basically saying you are pro-corruption as long as it benefits your party and you are bitter that the other party got away with it?  I totally get that.  Makes me feel bad for you as a person, but I get it.

I'm not really pro corruption, Grom., I am actually a "law and order" type guy. Something silly in me says that if this is a good example to use on Dems, maybe they will learn by it. But I  know reality. Dems growl at Trump but do nothing. A Dem does it, and repubs growl at whoever but nothing gets done. That is basically because our leaders on both sides of the aisle are screwing america and there is honor amongst thieves, they *generally* will not turn eachother in for their everyday acts of corruption. So yeah, it's depressing

If you go back in this forum two years ago, you will find where I said the Republicans should go and investigate and prosecute Hillary.  I don't understand why you are bitter at me that they chose to do nothing when they had all the power.  Perhaps not electing a Clinton family friend for president would have helped.

Hehumm... Grom, I am not bitter at you at all. Maybe at the state of things. Of course Trump should not be in that position. Of course *a lot of things*  shouldn't be. Don't look for the pols to solve the "problem"

So nah, I'm no going to turn my back towards this for you.  This is actually a bit worse than Clinton.  The Justice Dept isn't saying Trump is exempt from page 4 of the girl scout manual.  They are saying he is exempt from the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

Well, of course, bash away at him. I guess my whole point was - don't expect much support from conservs because the Dems gave little (or no) support when the shoe was on the other foot. It's politics in America, Grom.

17 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

If Trump wasn't the president, people would still come and stay at his hotels. 

Being president probably DOES add a degree of "allure" to his hotels. However, anyone thinking that he would be influenced - as President - by people staying at his hotels is somewhat delusional, in my opinion. 

Gromdor, you stated earlier that President Trump shouldn't use his hotels to do government business. Can you give some examples of this happening ? Also, can you remind me how many hotels the government possesses for housing foreign dignitaries ? 

Sigh, here: https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/2187791/mar-lago-summit-priority-chinese-officials-trade-talks

and here: https://www.cfr.org/blog/abe-returns-mar-lago

and here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-meets-with-caribbean-leaders-at-mar-a-lago-today-2019-03-22-live-updates/

and here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/17/us/politics/trump-emoluments-money.html

Heck, the Secret Service had to pay Trump $137,000 just to rent golf carts so they can guard him as he golfs. https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/all-the-ways-trump-cashes-in-on-the-u-s-presidency.html/

This should answer a bunch of questions: https://www.citizensforethics.org/presidential-profiteering-trumps-conflicts-got-worse/

As for how many hotels does the government possess for housing foreign dignitaries:  The answer is one: https://www.whitehousehistory.org/press-room/press-fact-sheets/blair-house

"Those instances bring the total number of known conflicts of interest involving the Trump Organization to more than 1,400, two years into the Trump administration. "

LOLOLOL  1400!!  Come on, Donald... no to muuuuch!    Thanks @Gromdor

Thanks for those links @Gromdor; I'll have a browse through them. 

The first one that springs to mind is the eye-watering figure for golf cart hire. You would, presumably, be aware that this money did NOT go to Trump ? The Secret Service is not allowed to rent facilities that would directly profit the President, so those golf carts where hired from an independent supplier, and transported to site. 

https://golfweek.com/2018/12/06/secret-service-has-92k-golf-cart-deal-as-it-protects-president-trump-in-florida/

I was particularly interested in the Blair House, something I'd not heard of before. Apparently it has 109 bedrooms, so a decent size. What intrigued me was that it was originally a private residence, built by an Army Surgeon General. Well... Surgeon General's must have earned a LOT of money back in those days. 

Edited by RoofGardener

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Thanks for those links @Gromdor; I'll have a browse through them. 

The first one that springs to mind is the eye-watering figure for golf cart hire. You would, presumably, be aware that this money did NOT go to Trump ? The Secret Service is not allowed to rent facilities that would directly profit the President, so those golf carts where hired from an independent supplier, and transported to site. 

https://golfweek.com/2018/12/06/secret-service-has-92k-golf-cart-deal-as-it-protects-president-trump-in-florida/

I was particularly interested in the Blair House, something I'd not heard of before. Apparently it has 109 bedrooms, so a decent size. What intrigued me was that it was originally a private residence, built by an Army Surgeon General. Well... Surgeon General's must have earned a LOT of money back in those days. 

The Blair House is actually just the oldest of the four buildings that comprise the "hotel": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Guest_House

As for the golf cart rental, I'm sure it will calm the hearts of taxpayers to know that someone else is needlessly profiting from Trump's golfing excesses instead of Trump himself.  (Assuming of course the owner doesn't have to pay the $300,000 Mar De Lago membership fee for the "privilege" of doing business on Trump property.)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The Blair House is actually just the oldest of the four buildings that comprise the "hotel": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Guest_House

As for the golf cart rental, I'm sure it will calm the hearts of taxpayers to know that someone else is needlessly profiting from Trump's golfing excesses instead of Trump himself.  (Assuming of course the owner doesn't have to pay the $300,000 Mar De Lago membership fee for the "privilege" of doing business on Trump property.)

Ahhh.... of those 119 rooms, only 14 are bedrooms ! So not as capacious as I first assumed. 

Mind you, it also has 35 bathrooms !!!

In regard the golf carts; it DOES seem like a lot of money. But you will acknowledge that your accusation that President Trump personally gained from them was false ? 

Sure I can acknowledge that.  Of course it would only be fair if you were to reciprocate and acknowledge that Trump directs government business to his for-profit institutions.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:31 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Im guessing we'll see more and more things of a blatant nature as 2020 nears and the grifters work to ensure they can reap all they can in case they lose the election.

I havent even gone through the thread yet but im guessing noone cares. Some will probably say its OK because Trump is a good guy , others will say its OK because he is mean to the right people   right on policy.

un****inbelievable

• Like 1