Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revelations talks about climate change

trevor borocz johnson

Because a book written by peasants 2,000 years ago that talks of 7 headed dragons and eye covered monsters and s**t is totally on par with mainstream climate science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

They really aren't 100 lbs hailstones, they are frozen transmat beams that will rapture/ascend the chosen from the face of the earth and all us old bad boys will have to stay here and deal with the weather.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Tied to false idols of wood and stone and gold and silver they stay where there at with out an opportunity to maybe migrate north or inland or where is presumably safe.

If you can predict the next fall of 100 pound hailstones, then i can prepare myself. No use me moving to Scotland if that is where they will fall. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

They really aren't 100 lbs hailstones, they are frozen transmat beams that will rapture/ascend the chosen from the face of the earth and all us old bad boys will have to stay here and deal with the weather.

jmccr8

If something like that falls on somebody, they'll rapture all right. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Do you not stop and think sometimes ' hold up, that can't be right'

This is the guy who believes his pet cat talks to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

This is the guy who believes his pet cat talks to him.

If he is feeding his cat  the same stuff he is taking, the cat probably does. :wacko:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, freetoroam said:

If you can predict the next fall of 100 pound hailstones, then i can prepare myself. No use me moving to Scotland if that is where they will fall. 

What if the government started generating and stockpiling huge amounts of food in exchange for joining a program to help build homes that will withstand predicted climate changes and build community's in the north thusly. That's the kind of program I would sign up for. Maybe re focus our black fuel energy onto creating a survival plan, building and fueling machinery to carry out such a plan. And by god if no one ever puts law to human population overgrowth we're doomed no matter what we do. But again I bet most people wouldn't even volunteer to save there own lives and sleep right up till the extinction burst.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

What if the government started generating and stockpiling huge amounts of food in exchange for joining a program to help build homes that will withstand predicted climate changes and build community's in the north thusly. That's the kind of program I would sign up for.

Quite frankly Trevor, you don't have the first clue of what you're talking about.

Perhaps you should start with the basics, like "the book of Revelation is just an ancient book filled with made up BS and is completely unrelated to climate change" before you even think about discussing possible solutions to this problem.

40 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Maybe re focus our black fuel energy onto creating a survival plan, building and fueling machinery to carry out such a plan. 

Our black fuel energy is literally what's killing us Trevor... 

You don't repurpose a tumor, you remove it. *facepalm*

42 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

And by god if no one ever puts law to human population overgrowth we're doomed no matter what we do. 

Hooray, Eugenics!! :clap:

I'm being facetious here, obviously. The overpopulation myth is just that - a myth. And even if it weren't a myth, there isn't exactly a strong moral argument for any policy one could potentially implement to solve such a supposed problem.

47 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

But again I bet most people wouldn't even volunteer to save there own lives and sleep right up till the extinction burst.

Seems you're making yet another hefty assumption there. (well, multiple assumptions, but I'll address the most pertinent one)

It is impossible for any individual or group of individuals to stop climate change by "volunteering" to personally take proactive steps that help the environment. Climate change can only be addressed policy wise, since climate change is overwhelmingly caused by the mass production facilities of corporations. Even if every regular citizen decided to go completely green overnight, it would have little to no effect on the environment as a whole.

• Like 4

On 4/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, trevor borocz johnson said:

Revelation 16:21 
"From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible."

Who could blame them for cursing him, this god fella sounds like an as--ole.

Is climate change and what will happen on earth what revelations is talking about?

No.

Revelations is ancient mythology. Written by people who picked the wrong coloured mushrooms.

After reading prophet rabbi Ben Samuel's prophecy of the beginning of the end from 2017-2024, I lost all my optimism that climate change is reversible and down with that ship went optimism for later dates or deadlines such as 2035 or even 2100. I think the first big step for people to stop sleeping over this matter is for people to recognize that Revelations and climate change are hand in hand, but also believe that the majority are just going remain asleep at there daily activities and live life as normal as if nothing will happen until that day. hypocrites.

Climate change is real and we don't have the technology to reverse it at the moment. The goals we have set (and have no real hope of achieving) are only about limiting the effects.

There isn't much individuals can do and industry can't just stop, or economies would collapse. There are huge populations in developing countries that are modernising. We can't tell them to scale back, that really would be hypocritical considering that most of our problems stem from past fossil fuel use by the industrialised western world.

Instead of listening to prophecies, why not listen to the real climate scientists themselves? It is going to cause problems, but the prophets of doom are usually wildly inaccurate.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

What if the government started generating and stockpiling huge amounts of food in exchange for joining a program to help build homes that will withstand predicted climate changes and build community's in the north thusly. That's the kind of program I would sign up for. Maybe re focus our black fuel energy onto creating a survival plan, building and fueling machinery to carry out such a plan.

That's not really a long term strategy though.

And by god if no one ever puts law to human population overgrowth we're doomed no matter what we do. But again I bet most people wouldn't even volunteer to save there own lives and sleep right up till the extinction burst.

Many scientists feel that it is the underlying problem also. Its exacerbated by large developing world populations that are now modernising and becoming industrial. 

The UN is predicting around 9.8 billion people by 2050. That sounds optimistic, but the trend is that as countries become more affluent and the female population has access to education, the growth rate levels or can even go into the negative.

Not much we can do about it. Our economies require constant growth, which requires more people, housing, fishing, farming, industry and so on. Guess it depends on what sort of world you would like to live in, but most people won't care what the effects on the planet will be. Our wilderness areas shrinking, species are disappearing and the place piled with our rubbish. A good analogy is bacteria in a petrie dish breading exponentially until they have nowhere to go and they start drowning in their own waste.

It'll be a shame when our large exotic mammals (especially carnivores) won't exist outside of captivity, but it might not be far off. Some scientists feel we are already in the midst of another great (the anthropocene) extinction event.

• Like 3

If a giant hailstone falls out of a cloudless sky and crushes a Christian doom-preacher, and there's nobody around to hear it, does anyone care?

48 minutes ago, Podo said:

If a giant hailstone falls out of a cloudless sky and crushes a Christian doom-preacher, and there's nobody around to hear it, does anyone care?

Nah, those who did see it would cheer.  But unless they're doing it from a really solid bunker, they won't cheer for long :(   BTW, seeing the message of the book of Revelation as "doom" is all a personal choice.  What I really see in it is an explanation of the destination our choices as a species delivers us to, then it is the tale of the next evolution for the survivors of our species. People like to mock those who believe in God.  I think some do it out of an abundance of pride in their own intellects.  Others, maybe do it because they fear even the possibility it could be true.  Either way, it's their life and their choice to make.  I wish them all well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horta said:

Not much we can do about it. Our economies require constant growth, which requires more people, housing, fishing, farming, industry and so on. Guess it depends on what sort of world you would like to live in, but most people won't care what the effects on the planet will be. Our wilderness areas shrinking, species are disappearing and the place piled with our rubbish. A good analogy is bacteria in a petrie dish breading exponentially until they have nowhere to go and they start drowning in their own waste.

This is an eloquent statement of our future.  I totally agree.  I don't have any faith that our current leaders, or those on the near horizon, are mature enough to make the choices to even slow the growth and its inherent damage to the earth.  I don't get into the "climate change" brouha because I am no scientist.  Also, because I'm old enough to recognize that when someone tries to instill fear and then says they can save you, for a price... well, let's just say I will think better of those who tell me the planet has 12 years, when they expect others to help pay for the changes.  By far the worst offenders to CO2 emissions these days are China and India.  Add to that the admission that only a very nominal temperature change can be expected for the trillions that would be spent or lost to our economies and I just can't take the zealots among the climate change brigade very seriously. 

On topic, I think there are references in Revelation about natural and supernatural climate effects that will be considered a plague.  A sun so hot that it actually scorches people.  Droughts and earthquakes and objects falling from space to ground, all those things could technically be covered by "climate change".  Sad thing is, most of the people who will experience those horrors still won't admit to themselves the possibility of a Creator or they'll actually believe but be convinced that He's evil and will curse Him.

24 minutes ago, and then said:

Nah, those who did see it would cheer.  But unless they're doing it from a really solid bunker, they won't cheer for long :(   BTW, seeing the message of the book of Revelation as "doom" is all a personal choice.  What I really see in it is an explanation of the destination our choices as a species delivers us to, then it is the tale of the next evolution for the survivors of our species. People like to mock those who believe in God.  I think some do it out of an abundance of pride in their own intellects.  Others, maybe do it because they fear even the possibility it could be true.  Either way, it's their life and their choice to make.  I wish them all well.

It's less that revelations itself is doomy (though it clearly is if you aren't a Christian) and more about those who constantly screech about the end times. Every generation since the foundation of Christianity has had its host of preachers claiming that the end was nigh. It's never been nigh. Nothing is nigh. You'd think they would give it a rest by now, but noooope. I feel the same way about other doomsday claims as well, of course; end-time nutters are annoying totally regardless to their chosen apocalypse. The 2012 end-of-timers were way worse than Christian doomsayers, since the Christian ones generally stay out of the public eye.

As an amusing anecdote, there's a crazy guy in my city that constantly has various end-of-world signs. This is the only good photo I could find online. He's wack, but his signs can be amusing:

58qA19j.jpg

Edited by Podo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

There is a day coming that will produce those great hailstones. But it isn't climate change.

Ezekiel 38:22  And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

Revelations 16:21  And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, South Alabam said:

and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

As a kid, I used to wonder how this could be possible.  Today, I understand it perfectly.  The sense of pride in everything they do comes through loud and clear.  It's just a matter of time.  

6 hours ago, and then said:

As a kid, I used to wonder how this could be possible.  Today, I understand it perfectly.  The sense of pride in everything they do comes through loud and clear.  It's just a matter of time.  

Who's pride is truly worse, Gods or his victims?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Who's pride is truly worse, Gods or his victims?

Ask Him when you meet Him.  Obviously, you don't believe He is real so you are free to mock or despise but most uber-enlightened people seem not to grasp that they don't really have all the answers and they'd admit that fact regarding any other topic but can't accept that a Creator might know more than His creation.  Our pride doesn't harm Him... only ourselves.

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Ask Him when you meet Him.  Obviously, you don't believe He is real so you are free to mock or despise but most uber-enlightened people seem not to grasp that they don't really have all the answers and they'd admit that fact regarding any other topic but can't accept that a Creator might know more than His creation.  Our pride doesn't harm Him... only ourselves.

Ad hominem.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

19 hours ago, South Alabam said:

There is a day coming that will produce those great hailstones. But it isn't climate change.

Ezekiel 38:22  And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

Revelations 16:21  And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Are you saying god is going to punish humanity, because they are proud or something? Why would he do that? Would you do that? I bet you wouldn't. I don't believe in god, but I also don't understand how anyone who did believe could worship or look up to a god like this. 

What humans will do is try to overcome the obstacles and adapt, and hopefully develop relevant technology. How we fare remains to be seen, but it won't be the end of humans or anything like that. Apparently all god is doing is sitting back waiting for us to fail so he cause more misery. Not a very helpful god is he?

The reason I despair somewhat about the way we're heading has more to do with a love of nature. Humans are not very considerate to the other species we share the planet with and in many ways religious attitudes add to this. We're not really that special in any objective sense, we're just another ape species, only we evolved a large brain. That large brain should make us capable of being far more ecologically responsible than we are, but it obviously doesn't because "economy" always takes precedence.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, and then said:

Our pride doesn't harm Him... only ourselves.

So, because our pride doesn't doesn't harm him at all, only us, that's why he is going to do his 100 pound hailstones routine? lol...That makes sense. He sounds quite compassionate. It's time this god was put out on his all powerful ****, we need a trade in lol. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

but most uber-enlightened people seem not to grasp that they don't really have all the answers

Which is where begins to grow and learn.

If you already have an answer "God did it", then one doesn't need to look for the real answers, yeah?

I always wonder why theists equate the fact that we have gaps in our knowledge as prove of god.

3 minutes ago, Horta said:

What humans will do is try to overcome the obstacles and adapt, and hopefully develop relevant technology.

If a person actually believes a Creator exists, then grasping the idea that He might know more than His creation isn't much of a stretch, is it?   Obviously, the attempt at discussion isn't possible if one starts from a point of disbelief. 

Your statement above is accurate and it reflects what humanity has always done.  Unfortunately, we've never been able to get beyond the desire to hate and subjugate the weaker of our species.  After thousands of years, we have created a knowledge base and a level of technology that exceeds anything in our history.  It has led to wonderful applications for life-saving and created opportunities for peaceful coexistence in many cases but our base nature does not change.  There is no reason to assume mankind will have some moment of enlightenment that will cure that nature so we face wars in the future with weapons that would literally end us if we're left to our own devices.

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Obviously, the attempt at discussion isn't possible if one starts from a point of disbelief. 

That finger can be pointed at theists more often than not.

Or are you saying that before a discussion is possible, you already have to believe?