Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revelations talks about climate change

trevor borocz johnson

What do you guys think of this picture, a detailed drawing in the sky, by god? or by human alien?

14 hours ago, Will Due said:

God can do anything he wants. But that, he does not do.

Long ago (apparently) he decided to limit what he will do. That's why the universe and everything that exists in it, has its limits. The rules and laws he decided on, govern what will be done.

But nonetheless, there is a contradiction. 

Within this universe of limits, order and predictability, he allows one of his many orders of creatures (human beings) to exist on lowly worlds like ours where it's permitted for them if they desire, to literally do whatever they want.

A contradiction, being the exception.

Except we can't do whatever we want (I want to be able to fly, turn tree leaves into gold leaves just by thinking about it, and have 8 days off work every week). 

Meanwhile, we don't know that God doesn't allow exactly the same on 100,000,000,000 other planets.   Or, maybe, many more.   So chances are it's far from an exception, rather the norm.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

What do you guys think of this picture, a detailed drawing in the sky, by god? or by human alien?

Neither detailed, a drawing or by anything.  Just random dust.  The space equivalent of clouds.

• Like 3

Just now, Essan said:

Except we can't do whatever we want (I want to be able to fly, turn tree leaves into gold leaves just by thinking about it, and have 8 days off work every week). 

Meanwhile, we don't know that God doesn't allow exactly the same on 100,000,000,000 other planets.   Or, maybe, many more.   So chances are it's far from an exception, rather the norm.

Here's what I meant:

Being a living contradiction is the exception.

The exception to being allowed to do (within natural limits) whatever you want. 

6 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Dude, that's just a cloud of space dust. Most likely due to a star exploding.

It's basically a cosmic fart cloud, nothing more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Why not tell us what you see in this?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Comets don't fall like hail. Maybe a meteor shower, not a comet shower.  It says hail not a star or something else. 

To my knowledge there has never been a Comet shower anywhere, let alone on Earth, so your observation that "Comets don't fall like hail" is, quite frankly, misinformed.

The idea of a comet "shower" is nonsense, given how comets are formed and behave. My point was that the "theory" is as ridiculous as the prophecies in Revelations.

By the way the space dust picture is off topic. Start another thread if you really must try and troll.

Edited by revrickyb
Unfinished point.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Hi Trevor

Looks like a picture to me, what do you see hail clouds?

jmccr8

On 4/18/2019 at 7:22 AM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I see faces in the design. Can anyone else? I found 9

11 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

I see faces in the design. Can anyone else? I found 9

Nice. I totally see them as well. Isn't this the most detailed of one of these sky drawings you've ever seen?

43 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Nice. I totally see them as well. Isn't this the most detailed of one of these sky drawings you've ever seen?

Ya, it’s pretty Impressive. I’ve seen other pics posted on UM with similar theme of hidden faces. They’re fun

Edited by Ogbin
Spelling

Is that the same Nebula you believe Les Claypool appears in?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi And then

A single snowflake is heavier than air so for 100 lbs hailstones to form would require gravitational losses.

jmccr8

I'll take your word for the physics.  Just remember that we "crazies" that believe in a Creator God also believe He is capable of overcoming such issues within HIS creation.  They used to call them miracles.  

On 4/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Rlyeh said:

How does God create the universe according to Genesis?

I don't recall any specific mechanism being explained.  It simply says "He created".  Your point?  

1 hour ago, and then said:

I'll take your word for the physics.  Just remember that we "crazies" that believe in a Creator God also believe He is capable of overcoming such issues within HIS creation.  They used to call them miracles.  

Hi And then

I have never referred to believers as crazy, I do ask why they believe and debate some issues with them but do not think that if their faith gives them some assurances in life and they reflect that by being good people like yourself that there is an issue.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi And then

I have never referred to believers as crazy, I do ask why they believe and debate some issues with them but do not think that if their faith gives them some assurances in life and they reflect that by being good people like yourself that there is an issue.

jmccr8

Nothing personal meant, jmccr8, just speaking generally for those who usually respond on these topics.  I fully understand the need by some to have proof for my faith but I don't understand those who insist on perpetually hounding that point even after a frank admission that it's my FAITH and I have absolutely no proof.  A couple here simply can't even take "yes" for an answer, they are obsessed with explaining, in detail, why they believe people of faith are either misguided or stupid.  It can be fascinating to watch, in the beginning, but then it just becomes tiresome.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, and then said:

Nothing personal meant, jmccr8, just speaking generally for those who usually respond on these topics.  I fully understand the need by some to have proof for my faith but I don't understand those who insist on perpetually hounding that point even after a frank admission that it's my FAITH and I have absolutely no proof.  A couple here simply can't even take "yes" for an answer, they are obsessed with explaining, in detail, why they believe people of faith are either misguided or stupid.  It can be fascinating to watch, in the beginning, but then it just becomes tiresome.

Hi And then

Thanks, and I didn't take it personally. I just wanted to clarify that that is not my intent here.:tu:

jmccr8

• Like 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

I don't recall any specific mechanism being explained.  It simply says "He created".  Your point?  

What does the story say?  It says more than "He created".

Edited by Rlyeh

16 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

What does the story say?  It says more than "He created".

Perhaps you should recite from your source.  Mine just says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  And the earth was without form, and void...

53 minutes ago, and then said:

Perhaps you should recite from your source.  Mine just says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  And the earth was without form, and void...

That's all it says?  We both know Genesis 1 goes into more detail than that.

According to your "Creator's" account did vegetation exist before or after the Sun?

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

That's all it says?  We both know Genesis 1 goes into more detail than that.

According to your "Creator's" account did vegetation exist before or after the Sun?

This is becoming tedious, man.   Just make your point, if you have one.  According to my KJV:

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 
4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 
5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”  
THEN:
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 
12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. 
An Den?  An What?
  • Like 1

The Jewish creation story. Just about every religion, major and minor, has one of it's own. As for Revelations, throughout history, people have read pretty much anything into it they wanted--it's like reading tea leaves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, and then said:

This is becoming tedious, man.   Just make your point, if you have one.  According to my KJV:

Well according to that you can't read either.  Yahweh creates the Sun starting at Gen 1:14.  So much for knowing about his creation.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

So, god made light, and called it day.,   Then he made plants.  Then he made the sun and the moon.   In that order.