Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New human species unearthed in island cave

UM-Bot

The biggest question I think with the Homo genus when they found another distinct remains is new species? or new subspecies ? Probably that we had multiple interbreeding populations for a while with different phenotype. We know about Neanderthals DNA trace in our gene pool, probably that we have others too. Frontier between species are somewhat vague and more so with fossils.

Edited by Jon the frog

This is one more nail in the "out of Africa, nothing else allowed" coffin. I can't wait to see the lame-ass rationalizations that come out about this find. You know, the ones from those with a vested interest in not challenging the reigning anthropological paradigm. Thomas Kuhn summed it up years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Beren said:

This is one more nail in the "out of Africa, nothing else allowed" coffin. I can't wait to see the lame-ass rationalizations that come out about this find. You know, the ones from those with a vested interest in not challenging the reigning anthropological paradigm. Thomas Kuhn summed it up years ago. 

In no way does this 67,000 year old Asian species dispute the "out-of-Africa" origin for Homo.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Not for Homo Sapien. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2019 at 9:00 PM, Beren said:

No rationalizations required, since "out of Africa" applies to anatomically modern Humans, and not earlier species of Homo.

*snip*

Harte

Edited by Saru
Removed personal remark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Homo Erectus made it to Java a million yrs ago so why would it be impossible for other hominid lines to do likewise? Australia has evidence of occupation for 60 kbp why would any of this be more than welcome than evidence of hominid expansion?

jmccr8

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2019 at 9:07 PM, Carnoferox said:

In no way does this 67,000 year old Asian species dispute the "out-of-Africa" origin for Homo.

It is not a refutation, it is another anomalous population that does not fit the neat picture drawn of human evolution. There are multiple examples of hominid and archaic human finds that should not be where there are or what they are given our current "accepted model." *snip* Remember Flores and the the attempts to prove the finds were diseased humans? Read Thomas Kuhn, then tell me what you know. Respected scientist who called out the reasons our academics dismiss any find not in line with conventional thinking, and why they ruin careers and lives to preserve the status quo. Look at the history of plate tectonics as an example. *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal remarks

The "neat picture" you refer to is your own, not that of evolutionary biologists.

Harte

• Like 1