Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PG&E Equipment Caused Paradise Fire

Raptor Witness

PG&E Says It Probably Caused the Fire That Destroyed Paradise, Calif. - NY Times 2-28-19

Pacific Gas & Electric said Thursday that its equipment had probably caused the Camp Fire, the catastrophic November blaze that destroyed thousands of homes in Paradise, Calif., and killed at least 86 people.

The Camp Fire or Paradise Fire was the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California history to date.[10

It was the world's costliest natural disaster in 2018. Wikipedia

Why do I have a feeling that this story, is only the beginning of nightmares for the United States.

Paradise Lost .... the literal AND proverbial end of Manifesto Destiones. 

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Why do I have a feeling that this story, is only the beginning of nightmares for the United States.

Power companies are more worried about profits than their infrastructure or even decent employees and equipment. The Salem Nuke Plant scares me because of this. 

If a relatively large earthquake were to coincide with a windy day in Los AngeleS, how many electrical equipment failures might we see?

What if you couldn’t drive away from the firestorm, because the roads and bridges were damaged?

What if Paradise Lost was just a foreshock?

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

PG&E Says It Probably Caused the Fire That Destroyed Paradise, Calif. - NY Times 2-28-19

Pacific Gas & Electric said Thursday that its equipment had probably caused the Camp Fire, the catastrophic November blaze that destroyed thousands of homes in Paradise, Calif., and killed at least 86 people.

I can't believe they fessed up to this - this was only a conspiracy theory a few months ago. 

PG&E, which filed for bankruptcy protection in January, said it had recorded a $10.5 billion charge in anticipation of damage claims for that fire, the deadliest in state history. Largely as a result, the company reported a $6.9 billion loss for 2018.

LOL ah, of course. They are only willing to publicly admit fault when they have their house in order first. 

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

Power companies are more worried about profits than their infrastructure or even decent employees and equipment. The Salem Nuke Plant scares me because of this. 

This all day. We are simply numbers on a spreadsheet to these mega corporations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This story makes me recall a nightmare I had when I was in college, that was most bizarre.

In the dream, I am sitting in my vehicle underneath some large power lines.  It was a partly cloudy day, and it was windy.  The cloud bank above my head was relatively shallow and moving swiftly overhead, with clear blue sky above this cloud bank.

Suddenly, I see a great whirl above my head, and the clouds part in the shape of a whirlwind and I see this invisible being land on the power lines.  I can’t actually see what this creature is, but I noticed that where his hands or feet, I presume, are touching the power lines and guide wires, they begin smoking a greenish color. I also see sparks but I can’t see what this creature looks like, I just know that it’s sitting there on those power lines and that it came down from the sky through the clouds.

This was a few years before the movie Predator, but this creature I saw was similar, in that it was invisible.

Edited by Raptor Witness