Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britons would sell their best pal for £131k

Eldorado

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Do like it or not, we got to get on. :D

I'm only jealous.

.....and trying to be humorous of course. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm only jealous.

.....and trying to be humorous of course. :tu:

I know.

On that note, i looked up hedgehog soup, does not seem to be a big thing, lots of hedgehog bread, but they do not seem to contain hedgehog.

Great what you can find on google.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

i looked up hedgehog soup

Apparently, it goes well with burnt rice discarded from a boat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

My best friend is my husband and i would not sell him.

What about a rental agreement? :w00t:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Check out this one. It was speculated she would have sold her other two kids too.

https://people.com/crime/tx-mom-who-sold-her-son-for-2500-to-pay-off-drug-debt-gets-6-years-in-prison/

That is sad and terrible but when you read the details it can be argued, I think, that she may (rightfully) believe this was the best available option for the boy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

not. for. sale!

Friends are the Family you choose!

I won't even give them up in death... I'mma hella haunt their naughty selves if I go first.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That is sad and terrible but when you read the details it can be argued, I think, that she may (rightfully) believe this was the best available option for the boy.

They did a drug bust at this couple's house. That's how they found out about the sale. The couple claimed he was their adopted son. The kid went from the frying pan to the fire. This couple were drug dealers.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/04/09/texas-woman-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison-for-selling-her-son-to-pay-off-drug-debt

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This probably explains all the people who go broke and suddenly all their "friends" disappear. Especially if they were being generous to their friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

They did a drug bust at this couple's house. That's how they found out about the sale. The couple claimed he was their adopted son. The kid went from the frying pan to the fire. This couple were drug dealers.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/04/09/texas-woman-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison-for-selling-her-son-to-pay-off-drug-debt

I know but from the messed up perspective of the addict mom her reasoning could justify this as a step up for the kid and plus she would have more drugs. I’m not saying it’s right.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know but from the messed up perspective of the addict mom her reasoning could justify this as a step up for the kid and plus she would have more drugs. I’m not saying it’s right.

She tried to sell them the other two also from what I gather. The couple said the price was too high.

• Sad 2

Are the prices based on a per kilo rate?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, acute said:

Apparently, it goes well with burnt rice discarded from a boat.

Funny you should say that,, i attempted rice a couple of nights ago and did not burn it, but it still went to the fishes as it was so stodgy, it was like paste. :(

I do not know why i still bother trying to cook it, my husband makes great rice,, one reason why i would never sell him. 

• Haha 1

In my home state of Queensland, the news tonight had police charging someone with 3 murders that occurred in 1978. Probably no co-incidence that a few weeks ago, the crime became the subject of a $250,000 reward. This is the latest in a series of cold case reward offerings that has produced arrests for long-ago crime. The strike rate is remarkable. Yep, people will sell their grubby mates out for $. This idea should have been implemented long ago.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, Essan said:

However, I wouldn't lie for them (well, not in any serious way) and always offer honest and frank advice and help in any way I can under any circumstance.

This is so me, I won't lie for them,  I think a friend wouldn't ask me to and I think as a real friend it's my job to be honest with you. I tell them "Don't ask me unless you really want to know." Same for helping, isn't that what friends are for?

Edited by skliss
Typo
  • Like 3

I haven't seen my "Best friend" for nearly 2 years.
Does that come as a cheque or can I have A direct transfer please?

Edited by Kaikou
  • Sad 1

On 12/04/2019 at 7:00 PM, Habitat said:

In my home state of Queensland, the news tonight had police charging someone with 3 murders that occurred in 1978. Probably no co-incidence that a few weeks ago, the crime became the subject of a $250,000 reward. This is the latest in a series of cold case reward offerings that has produced arrests for long-ago crime. The strike rate is remarkable. Yep, people will sell their grubby mates out for $. This idea should have been implemented long ago.

I wouldn't sell any of my mates out for any money and they are all grubby,but then again I'm from NSW.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, openozy said:

I wouldn't sell any of my mates out for any money and they are all grubby,but then again I'm from NSW.

I doubt geography has much to do with it, but money can bring people out of hollow logs !

• Like 1