Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Britons would sell their best pal for £131k

42 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

acute
1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Do like it or not, we got to get on. :D

I'm only jealous.

.....and trying to be humorous of course. :tu:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
freetoroam
8 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm only jealous.

.....and trying to be humorous of course. :tu:

I know.

On that note, i looked up hedgehog soup, does not seem to be a big thing, lots of hedgehog bread, but they do not seem to contain hedgehog.

Great what you can find on google.

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

i looked up hedgehog soup

Apparently, it goes well with burnt rice discarded from a boat.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

My best friend is my husband and i would not sell him.

What about a rental agreement? :w00t:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
3 hours ago, susieice said:

Check out this one. It was speculated she would have sold her other two kids too.

https://people.com/crime/tx-mom-who-sold-her-son-for-2500-to-pay-off-drug-debt-gets-6-years-in-prison/

That is sad and terrible but when you read the details it can be argued, I think, that she may (rightfully) believe this was the best available option for the boy.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

not. for. sale!

Friends are the Family you choose!

I won't even give them up in death... I'mma hella haunt their naughty selves if I go first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That is sad and terrible but when you read the details it can be argued, I think, that she may (rightfully) believe this was the best available option for the boy.

They did a drug bust at this couple's house. That's how they found out about the sale. The couple claimed he was their adopted son. The kid went from the frying pan to the fire. This couple were drug dealers.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/04/09/texas-woman-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison-for-selling-her-son-to-pay-off-drug-debt

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

This probably explains all the people who go broke and suddenly all their "friends" disappear. Especially if they were being generous to their friends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, susieice said:

They did a drug bust at this couple's house. That's how they found out about the sale. The couple claimed he was their adopted son. The kid went from the frying pan to the fire. This couple were drug dealers.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/04/09/texas-woman-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison-for-selling-her-son-to-pay-off-drug-debt

I know but from the messed up perspective of the addict mom her reasoning could justify this as a step up for the kid and plus she would have more drugs. I’m not saying it’s right.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know but from the messed up perspective of the addict mom her reasoning could justify this as a step up for the kid and plus she would have more drugs. I’m not saying it’s right.

She tried to sell them the other two also from what I gather. The couple said the price was too high.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast

Are the prices based on a per kilo rate?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
6 hours ago, acute said:

Apparently, it goes well with burnt rice discarded from a boat.

Funny you should say that,, i attempted rice a couple of nights ago and did not burn it, but it still went to the fishes as it was so stodgy, it was like paste. :(

I do not know why i still bother trying to cook it, my husband makes great rice,, one reason why i would never sell him. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

In my home state of Queensland, the news tonight had police charging someone with 3 murders that occurred in 1978. Probably no co-incidence that a few weeks ago, the crime became the subject of a $250,000 reward. This is the latest in a series of cold case reward offerings that has produced arrests for long-ago crime. The strike rate is remarkable. Yep, people will sell their grubby mates out for $. This idea should have been implemented long ago.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, Essan said:

However, I wouldn't lie for them (well, not in any serious way) and always offer honest and frank advice and help in any way I can under any circumstance.

This is so me, I won't lie for them,  I think a friend wouldn't ask me to and I think as a real friend it's my job to be honest with you. I tell them "Don't ask me unless you really want to know." Same for helping, isn't that what friends are for?

Edited by skliss
Typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaikou
Posted (edited)

I haven't seen my "Best friend" for nearly 2 years.
Does that come as a cheque or can I have A direct transfer please?

Edited by Kaikou
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
On 12/04/2019 at 7:00 PM, Habitat said:

In my home state of Queensland, the news tonight had police charging someone with 3 murders that occurred in 1978. Probably no co-incidence that a few weeks ago, the crime became the subject of a $250,000 reward. This is the latest in a series of cold case reward offerings that has produced arrests for long-ago crime. The strike rate is remarkable. Yep, people will sell their grubby mates out for $. This idea should have been implemented long ago.

I wouldn't sell any of my mates out for any money and they are all grubby,but then again I'm from NSW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
6 minutes ago, openozy said:

I wouldn't sell any of my mates out for any money and they are all grubby,but then again I'm from NSW.

I doubt geography has much to do with it, but money can bring people out of hollow logs !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.