Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vision during meditation

spirituaI

So basically I was meditating for the first time and I got a vision of this girl who was glowing white and much taller than me. And her hair was in a bun but it wasn’t actually hair, it was in the shape of it if that makes sense. And she took me to the edge of a cliff and below the cliff was fog and there was so many trees and birds and nature. And tbh it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Has anyone had any similar visions during their meditation? And what could this mean

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spirituaI said:

So basically I was meditating for the first time and I got a vision of this girl who was glowing white and much taller than me. And her hair was in a bun but it wasn’t actually hair, it was in the shape of it if that makes sense. And she took me to the edge of a cliff and below the cliff was fog and there was so many trees and birds and nature. And tbh it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Has anyone had any similar visions during their meditation? And what could this mean

In a Native American vision quest you create a subconscious Thought Form that acts as a Guide. Independent, yet part of you. Maybe you just found your Guide. :)

• Like 8

Keep meditating and update us! I've had similar visions in a "meditative" state. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to hear more of you meditation adventures spiritual. Keep practising and keep a written account so you can review them later. 

The meaning behind this vision is personal to you and may take a series of these visions for you to understand.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, spirituaI said:

*sigh* If you're having visions during meditation, you're doing it wrong.  Stop fixating on the vision and go back to focusing on your breathing.  The vision means you are under attack by a Wiccan egregore that is trying to mind control you.;)

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, spirituaI said:

If you have had a vision, I think you should consider yourself fortunate.  If you have seen the beauty you describe, then I think it’s a positive thing.  I would consider it a positive sign, but would not make it an expectation.

I have had no visions during meditation.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, Guyver said:

If you have had a vision, I think you should consider yourself fortunate.  If you have seen the beauty you describe, then I think it’s a positive thing.  I would consider it a positive sign, but would not make it an expectation.

I have had no visions during meditation.

That is an excellent result.  Your mind is focused on the present, and on reality.  You haven't drifted into a dream state.  Your mind is superior to that Skywalker brat in all respects.  Never his mind on where he was.  Never his mind on what he was doing.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, spirituaI said:

This vision you had about Fog, and the forest, below, with a woman in white, actually sounds in some way similar to the Oral story of "White Buffalo Woman", which is among the Prairie tribes of North America. 

It could be a leap, but I am always curious and open to the possibilities. Have you pondered the meaning  of the Vision? Any symbolism?

To me it appears, a sacred woman, that is, not human, has shown you a great honor. I feel, she is beckoning you to watch the natural world more, and to connect with here more, as though she is saying, you can be like me, if you behold what I behold?

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that hallucinations are common in meditation, especially for those that are new to it. It is part of what they call 'the monkey mind' where the mind gets bored and wanders.

The best thing to do is to ignore the hallucinations and focus on something real, like your breath; I read that this is a great place to focus on and soon you can reign in your mind (which is really you, essentially) and not let any imaginary things distract you.

Edited by Bendy Demon
stuff
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:03 AM, Piney said:

In a Native American vision quest you create a subconscious Thought Form that acts as a Guide. Independent, yet part of you. Maybe you just found your Guide. :)

I have done a fair bit of meditation, but have never had any such visions at all.

I did my first Vision Quest about 8 months ago.  It was very productive i.e. I interpreted the images.  The image I saw was in yellow and black.  I understood, for various reasons, that these colours predicted I'd be in a bad mood next day.  I was in a bad mood next day. 

I have been trying to do more Vision Quests recently but I think I need to get into meditating again just to quieten my mind.  The other problem is that, as I try Vision Quests when I go to bed at night (i.e. after consuming some alcohol) they never even get off the ground because I fall asleep so quickly.  When I did my first Vision Quest, I was not sleeping as well and took a little while to drift off, making a Vision Quest easier to start. 

11 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

I have done a fair bit of meditation, but have never had any such visions at all.

I did my first Vision Quest about 8 months ago.  It was very productive i.e. I interpreted the images.  The image I saw was in yellow and black.  I understood, for various reasons, that these colours predicted I'd be in a bad mood next day.  I was in a bad mood next day. 

I have been trying to do more Vision Quests recently but I think I need to get into meditating again just to quieten my mind.  The other problem is that, as I try Vision Quests when I go to bed at night (i.e. after consuming some alcohol) they never even get off the ground because I fall asleep so quickly.  When I did my first Vision Quest, I was not sleeping as well and took a little while to drift off, making a Vision Quest easier to start. 

How a Vision Quest actually works is you have to be truly rock bottom. You have to believe there is nobody there to help you. You have to be cold, hungry, thirsty.

A child didn't know what a Vision Quest was until after he completed one. They needed to truly think their parents and tribe had abandon them in the forest. 

Consuming alcohol is completely detrimental to spiritual development. You need those cells to develop your brain. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Piney said:

How a Vision Quest actually works is you have to be truly rock bottom. You have to believe there is nobody there to help you. You have to be cold, hungry, thirsty.

A child didn't know what a Vision Quest was until after he completed one. They needed to truly think their parents and tribe had abandon them in the forest. 

Consuming alcohol is completely detrimental to spiritual development. You need those cells to develop your brain. 

Have you done many vision quests before?  If so, care to describe any?  I'm still trying to complete a second vision quest.

35 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Have you done many vision quests before?  If so, care to describe any?  I'm still trying to complete a second vision quest.

I was raised a "Worker" not a "Believer" in a "Medicine" Family in a "Medicine" Society so I never needed a "Guardian Spirit" I have guided and guarded children taking them though. 

Somebody has to go out and spy on the child to keep them from getting hurt or help them if they do. 

You have to be rock bottom and can't know you are actually on it for it to work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Piney said:

I was raised a "Worker" not a "Believer" in a "Medicine" Family in a "Medicine" Society so I never needed a "Guardian Spirit" I have guided and guarded children taking them though. 

Please excuse my ignorance but I do not understand what you mean when you refer to a "Medicine" Family etc.  Above your avatar, you refer to yourself as "Aggravated Redskin".  Are you - I am not sure of the correct term to use -  Native American?  You say you come from NJ so perhaps you are not Native American?   I'd be interested to know.

What do you mean by a "Worker" as opposed to a "Believer"?   What is the significance of a Guardian Spirit?

Edited by littlebrowndragon
omission/spelling

1 hour ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Please excuse my ignorance but I do not understand what you mean when you refer to a "Medicine" Family etc.  Above your avatar, you refer to yourself as "Aggravated Redskin".  Are you - I am not sure of the correct term to use -  Native American?  You say you come from NJ so perhaps you are not Native American?   I'd be interested to know.

What do you mean by a "Worker" as opposed to a "Believer"?   What is the significance of a Guardian Spirit?

My grandfather was a Meteiinuu ( All around Spirit Worker-Healer) my grandmother was a Niipikniis (Herbalist) I was trained as a Kiimochknii ( Spirit Worker and maker/handler of sacred objects) and yes I'm Nanticoke and Lenape.

I wasn't taught to believe in spirits or ceremonies I was taught the manipulation and psychology behind them. 

A guardian spirit is just that. A spirit helper created by your own mind based on your beliefs and personality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 4:52 PM, Piney said:

My grandfather was a Meteiinuu ( All around Spirit Worker-Healer) my grandmother was a Niipikniis (Herbalist) I was trained as a Kiimochknii ( Spirit Worker and maker/handler of sacred objects) and yes I'm Nanticoke and Lenape.

I wasn't taught to believe in spirits or ceremonies I was taught the manipulation and psychology behind them. 

A guardian spirit is just that. A spirit helper created by your own mind based on your beliefs and personality. 

I have used, and still use, spirit animals a great deal.  So, for example, for a long time my spirit animal was "cat".  What it meant to me at the time was the ability cats have to be apparently sleeping, yet able to sit up and take notice if they hear anything unusual.  Do you refer to animal spirits like this, at all?

You mentioned guardian spirits.  Could you give me an example of a guardian spirit, at all?  How does one discover the nature of one's guardian spirit?

Thank you again.

26 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

I have used, and still use, spirit animals a great deal.  So, for example, for a long time my spirit animal was "cat".  What it meant to me at the time was the ability cats have to be apparently sleeping, yet able to sit up and take notice if they hear anything unusual.  Do you refer to animal spirits like this, at all?

My aspect is a cat. It's my ......humm, best English description would be... "Shamanic form". But it has nothing to do with spirits. It's just your "animal traits".

28 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

You mentioned guardian spirits.  Could you give me an example of a guardian spirit, at all?  How does one discover the nature of one's guardian spirit?

A "guardian spirit" is created by your own personal traits and beliefs. It's could take the shape of anything. Animal, angel even a minor god. I can't actually give you a example because I have none myself and to describe another's, who told me in confidence, would be inappropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/12/2019 at 2:58 AM, spirituaI said:

In my opinion, dream interpretations can be used for visions. According to dreammoods.com:

" To dream that you are standing at the edge of a cliff indicates that you have reached an increased level of understanding, new awareness, and a fresh point of view. You have reached a critical point in your life and cannot risk losing control. Alternatively, it suggests that you are pondering a life-altering decision. "

What do you think/feel?

On 10/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, Piney said:

A "guardian spirit" is created by your own personal traits and beliefs. It's could take the shape of anything. Animal, angel even a minor god. I can't actually give you a example because I have none myself and to describe another's, who told me in confidence, would be inappropriate. 

Thank you.  I appreciate that you must maintain confidentiality.

I once had a video game in which one of the 2 main characters could switch between the material world, the world we inhabit, and the spirit world, a world in which objects seen in the material world became distorted and which was inhabited by creatures, often monsters, that were not visible in the material world.  Personally I do believe that there is such a thing as a spirit world (not necessarily as described by that video game!).

I do hope you don't mind me asking all these questions, but it is very interesting to me to discuss these things with someone for whom spirits etc is a part of daily life, and different to what I have ever encountered before.  So, going back to spirits and the spirit world....well, do you believe that there is such a thing as a spirit world?  By that I mean a version of reality inhabited by spirits?  

On 4/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, spirituaI said:

Early in my Taekwondo journey, I was having problems with some kicks.  So I meditated on it.  I decided I would go seek the aspect of myself who, in that universe, was the Master of all martial arts. Danfu.

I came to a mountain with a slit in the side..I barely could squeeze through.  It was dark and I came to a fork in the cavern.  I turned left and eventually saw light. Following the path I entered a huge cavern with water lit up green like a swimming pool.  I looked around and high up on the side of a sheer wall was a cliff...on that cliff sat Master Danfu in a lotus position.  I asked him how I could improve my kicks.  He said, Seek to become a Master.  I looked down at the water and back to the cliff and he was gone.

I was very puzzled why he said that to me.  It's message became clear after some reflection.  

• Like 1

Once the subconscious noise is quieted down, various thoughts/memories come forth. Visions could represent anything. A wish or desire, fear, anxiety, something of personal importance. It's really hard for another person to say what a vision means. 

• Like 2

This girl? it wasn't medusa by any chance!

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Once the subconscious noise is quieted down, various thoughts/memories come forth. Visions could represent anything. A wish or desire, fear, anxiety, something of personal importance. It's really hard for another person to say what a vision means. 

A true spiritual advisor has to get them to figure it out for themselves. When I watched my grandfather or my uncle interpret visions they always had the seeker asking their own questions. 

45 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

So, going back to spirits and the spirit world....well, do you believe that there is such a thing as a spirit world?  By that I mean a version of reality inhabited by spirits?  

I don't believe in a "spirit world". Only a "overlay" of spiritual energy that can neither be seen or detected.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

This girl? it wasn't medusa by any chance!

I like your new avatar. That movie was recommended by a Khalsa friend.