Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vision during meditation

spirituaI

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

I like your new avatar. That movie was recommended by a Khalsa friend. 

It was a pretty good must watch movie, based on true events.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

A true spiritual advisor has to get them to figure it out for themselves. When I watched my grandfather or my uncle interpret visions they always had the seeker asking their own questions. 

Same goes for dream interpretation. It all comes down to 'what does this mean to me'. No book or hokey website can tell someone what a dream/vision means. Certain things might represent different thing in various cultures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, spirituaI said:

So basically I was meditating for the first time and I got a vision of this girl who was glowing white and much taller than me. And her hair was in a bun but it wasn’t actually hair, it was in the shape of it if that makes sense. And she took me to the edge of a cliff and below the cliff was fog and there was so many trees and birds and nature. And tbh it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Has anyone had any similar visions during their meditation? And what could this mean

I do a lot of meditation.  I've never had any visions during meditation.  When I go into a deeper meditative state than normal I sometimes experience everything (in my mind's eye) going white.

As to the image you had when meditating, I'm not sure about the interpretation. (I would interpret it like a normal dream image, which it is.)   For one thing, the interpretation would require some context i.e. what was going on in your life at the time, besides meditating, that is.  Or, having thought about it, perhaps the dream is a comment on your meditating.  Fog might suggest a lack of clarity e.g. not seeing the way forward, even if you know where you want to go.  On the other hand, that you saw so many birds and trees and so much nature, may be encouraging you to keep up with the meditation.  Nature is very, very calming.  When I get uptight, I often take the car round to a local riverside village where there is a lot of birdlife and nature in general.  I sometimes meditate when there.  At other times, after half an hour or longer, just being in nature and by water calms me down hugely and I don't even have to meditate.  Not sure about the image of the cliff and what that might mean.   

Although I've never had visions during meditation, I've tried vision quests with one success so far.

However, I am having success with mandalas.  Well, when I call these pictures mandalas (I am using the same terminology used by Carl Jung which he, in turn, got from Hinduism) the pictures I end up with are not patterns using circles.   To create one of my mandalas what I do is sit with a bit of paper in front of me and when an image pops into my head e.g. one of the chairs in my living room, a cat, a key, I draw it in whatever position on my piece of paper seems right, and colour it in.  Eventually, after drawing a whole series of images in this way, I end up with a picture which I interpret like a dream.

The mandala that I drew which included my living room chair, which was empty, and with my bookcase behind it, I interpreted as suggesting that I switch from my current interest (writing) and move on to catching up with my reading.  Other images in this mandala suggested that something creative would arise from catching up with this reading - this because I drew flowers growing out of the bookcase.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

I do a lot of meditation.  I've never had any visions during meditation.  When I go into a deeper meditative state than normal I sometimes experience everything (in my mind's eye) going white.

That's the way it's suppose to happen if your doing it right.  It really sounds like you don't need a Vision Quest. Like I said before it's for people who are desperate and rock bottom.

15 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

On the other hand, that you saw so many birds and trees and so much nature, may be encouraging you to keep up with the meditation.  Nature is very, very calming.  When I get uptight, I often take the car round to a local riverside village where there is a lot of birdlife and nature in general.  I sometimes meditate when there.  At other times, after half an hour or longer, just being in nature and by water calms me down hugely and I don't even have to meditate.  Not sure about the image of the cliff and what that might mean.   

That's the way I do it. I have many different spots along the Wading River branches in the Pine Barrens. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's the way it's suppose to happen if your doing it right.  It really sounds like you don't need a Vision Quest. Like I said before it's for people who are desperate and rock bottom.

Thank you for your advice about Vision Quests.  It is a puzzle, though, because when I do an oracle or tarot card reading, the reading sometimes suggests that I try a vision quest, as has happened recently.  I am interested in exploring the mind and such aspects as spirit and Guardian Spirits etc so trying some of these techniques is attractive.  However, when I try a vision quest I end up falling asleep before any images come.  Might I ask why you advise that only those at rock bottom should attempt vision quests?

That's the way I do it. I have many different spots along the Wading River branches in the Pine Barrens. 

Even the names i.e. "Wading River" and "Pine Barrens" sound lovely, and conjure up a lovely location.  I'm afraid the place where I go does not sound as nice, even though it is a pleasant spot.

Edited by littlebrowndragon
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Thank you for your advice about Vision Quests.  It is a puzzle, though, because when I do an oracle or tarot card reading, the reading sometimes suggests that I try a vision quest, as has happened recently.  I am interested in exploring the mind and such aspects as spirit and Guardian Spirits etc so trying some of these techniques is attractive.  However, when I try a vision quest I end up falling asleep before any images come.  Might I ask why you advise that only those at rock bottom should attempt vision quests?

Your still not getting how it works. Your not suppose to know your on it. It's about finding strength when you lost it all.

You should hook up with @Cloud7 when it comes to fudging around with cards. She's pretty much the in-house expert. You might be misreading something.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, spirituaI said:

Has anyone had any similar visions during their meditation?

Are you new to meditation? If so, sounds like your mind is wandering. If you are new to mediation it could help to acknowledge this and prepare yourself for meditation by making a mental note to meditate now and deal with anything that comes up when you are finished meditating. 

Edited by RoseDancer

For the best results, keep meditation and vision quests separate. And keep a written record because what doesn't make sense now may make sense later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/21/2019 at 9:20 PM, Bendy Demon said:

I read somewhere that hallucinations are common in meditation, especially for those that are new to it. It is part of what they call 'the monkey mind' where the mind gets bored and wanders.

The best thing to do is to ignore the hallucinations and focus on something real, like your breath; I read that this is a great place to focus on and soon you can reign in your mind (which is really you, essentially) and not let any imaginary things distract you.

Imagination eh?